Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:45:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Mohandas Gandhi in HELL?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Mohandas Gandhi in HELL?  (Read 10166 times)
GodsWordisTruth

Lead me in thy truth, and teach me.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2003, 02:13:00 AM »

I still say I don't know who becomes a Christian on their deathbed. But I did find a quote:

"I consider myself Hindu, Christian, Moslem, Jew, Budhist, and Confucian."--- Mahatma Gandhi 1869

John 17
17   Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2003, 03:24:15 PM »

Mahatma Gandhi, is given much credit for being a wise man.

His profession In that order,  sounds wise.....and....

It sounds to me like he covered his tracks pretty well..

But,..........(he doesn't have the last word)......... God says;

He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 1 Cor 3:19

I can asure you, he might have been similing when he wrote these things; but (there is that word again)...he wont be, when he stands before the Throne of Judgment; far better it would have  been to stand at the Throne of Grace.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
(Heb 10:31)

Blessings,

Petro

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2003, 09:46:04 AM »

Just a thought
Kingdom - eternal life
Not 1 in the same

Matt.19  [16] And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
[17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
[18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
[19] Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

All the commandments mentioned have to do with your dealings with man and none are mentioned about the sabbath, graven images, etc...

REV.20 [4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
[5] But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
[6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
[7] And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
[8] And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
[9] And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
[10] And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
[11] And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
[14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Kingdom-1000yr-Those saved by obeying the WORD-ALL OF IT-The law and the testimony(which incidently is harder to keep than the law)

Eternal life-Judged by works(verse 13)-The commandments dealing with man
« Last Edit: June 12, 2003, 09:50:56 AM by Wreck N Sow » Logged
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2003, 10:11:19 AM »

If ya make it to the kingdom, ya got it made

[6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Just looked into this today. Im seeing other things now. Im not really sure what scriptures are saying. I suppose i should not have posted anything about this till i looked it over completely.Sorry
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2003, 10:15:05 AM »

Just to be clear, im talkin time frames. Thats not to clear,is it?
Freedom_writer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2003, 02:46:35 AM »

NO GHANDI IS NOT IN HELL.. WHY? BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HELL! IT DOES NOT EXIST IT WAS MADE UP TO SCARE AND GUILT PPL INTO BELEIVING IN A RELIGION THAT IS NOT REAL! WHY AGAIN? TO CAUSE THEM TO WASTE THEIR MEAGER LIVES GIVING ALL TO A CHURCH THAT IN THE END DOES NOT MATTER! FREE YOUR MINDS PEOPLE AND SEE THE LIGHT THE REAL LIGHT .... DAYTIME!
NOT SOME MADE UP CRAP THAT WARPS YOUR GOOD MINDS OF REASONING AND JUSTICE...
lex

Still searchin....

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2003, 12:31:11 AM »

I'm sorry if it took so long for me to reply......busy with work and all......and I really wanted to understand and digest all of your answers.

Thanks for all of your replies and concerns.

Basically, from what I have read....Salvation is given upon those who receive Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and not on the deeds you do because ultimately, no one is worthy.

Scriptures can support this - Rom 3:10-12, Rom. 6:23, John 3:16, Eph.2 8-9 etc.

However, one posted Rev 20:11-15 - and in it was the implication that the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they have done.

Why then would our good works be of any merit?

Also, what purpose is there for the Ten Commandments if following or breaking it plays little part in our personal salvation?

Thanks

I'd rather be hated for who I am than be loved for who I am not.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2003, 01:10:59 AM »

Welcome back Lex!  Hope work isn't too overwhelming these days.

However, one posted Rev 20:11-15 - and in it was the implication that the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they have done.

Yes.  But such judgment is for what they have done with the gospel message - whether or not they have accepted Christ as their Savior.  Where our works are concerned, God has always made note that the believer was saved unto good works not by those works.  Conversely, that if a "believer" does not have good works, then he should question his salvation (i.e. "know them by their fruits").

Why then would our good works be of any merit?

They merit us nothing as far as salvation goes.  They are indicative of a regenerated life and are rewarded in eternity not with eternal life.

Also, what purpose is there for the Ten Commandments if following or breaking it plays little part in our personal salvation?

I love this question because it's answer shows the unity of scriptures on the matter of salvation.  The law, whether the ten commandments or on the whole, was given to show man that he can't keep it.  It was given to show man that he is a sinner in need of redemption, hence the Old Testament sacrifices.  The two go hand in hand.  In short my friend, the Law pointed to a Savior Who would come.  The gospel points to a Savior Who did come, died, and rose again as the supreme sacrifice, good once for all unlike the yearly sacrifices the Law demanded which needed repetition.  

Does this help any?

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
asaph
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2003, 10:15:04 PM »

Is Mohandas Gandhi in HELL?
I say he's in the grave awaiting the last day, when he will be ressurrected and judged by that man whom God has appointed to judge the living and the dead.

Act 17:31  He has set a day when he will judge the world's people with fairness. And he has chosen the man Jesus to do the judging for him. God has given proof of this to all of us by raising Jesus from death.

Will he go to the lake of fire?
We will have to wait and see, but in the mean time:
Mat 7:1  Judge not, that ye be not judged.
1Co 4:5  Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Paul also said this:
1Co 4:1  Think of us as servants of Christ who have been given the work of explaining God's mysterious ways.
1Co 4:2  And since our first duty is to be faithful to the one we work for,
1Co 4:3  it doesn't matter to me if I am judged by you or even by a court of law. In fact, I don't judge myself.
1Co 4:4  I don't know of anything against me, but that doesn't prove that I am right. The Lord is my judge.

This is wonderful! I am sure there were those who judged that Paul was going to hell (pharisees), but what was that to Paul?

I know we can know them by their fruits, but we can still pray "Father forgive them for they know not what they do."
I have not studied the life of Gandhi, so I do not know where he stood with Jesus. If Gandhi came stealing, killing, and destroying, like the Pharisees, then we can be pretty sure of His destination.

Rom 2:1  Some of you accuse others of doing wrong. But there is no excuse for what you do. When you judge others, you condemn yourselves, because you are guilty of doing the very same things.
Rom 2:2  We know that God is right to judge everyone who behaves in this way.
Rom 2:3  Do you really think God won't punish you, when you behave exactly like the people you accuse?
Rom 2:4  You surely don't think much of God's wonderful goodness or of his patience and willingness to put up with you. Don't you know that the reason God is good to you is because he wants you to turn to him?
Rom 2:5  But you are stubborn and refuse to turn to God. So you are making things even worse for yourselves on that day when he will show how angry he is and will judge the world with fairness.
Rom 2:6  God will reward each of us for what we have done.
Rom 2:7  He will give eternal life to everyone who has patiently done what is good in the hope of receiving glory, honor, and life that lasts forever.
Rom 2:8  But he will show how angry and furious he can be with every selfish person who rejects the truth and wants to do evil.
Rom 2:9  All who are wicked will be punished with trouble and suffering. It doesn't matter if they are Jews or Gentiles.
Rom 2:10  But all who do right will be rewarded with glory, honor, and peace, whether they are Jews or Gentiles.
Rom 2:11  God doesn't have any favorites!
Rom 2:12  Those people who don't know about God's Law will still be punished for what they do wrong. And the Law will be used to judge everyone who knows what it says.
Rom 2:13  God accepts those who obey his Law, but not those who simply hear it.
Rom 2:14  Some people naturally obey the Law's commands, even though they don't have the Law.
Rom 2:15  This proves that the conscience is like a law written in the human heart. And it will show whether we are forgiven or condemned,
Rom 2:16  when God appoints Jesus Christ to judge everyone's secret thoughts, just as my message says.

My prayer is "God be merciful to me a sinner!"

asaph

asaph
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2003, 10:21:59 PM »

Just a thought
Kingdom - eternal life
Not 1 in the same

Matt.19  [16] And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
[17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
[18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
[19] Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

All the commandments mentioned have to do with your dealings with man and none are mentioned about the sabbath, graven images, etc...

REV.20 [4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
[5] But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
[7] And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
[8] And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
[9] And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
[10] And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
[11] And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
[14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Kingdom-1000yr-Those saved by obeying the WORD-ALL OF IT-The law and the testimony(which incidently is harder to keep than the law)

Eternal life-Judged by works(verse 13)-The commandments dealing with man

Are you thinking that some will not make the kingdom but will still be saved and granted eternal life after the 1000 year reign?

asaph
Shiro

Kabuki Quantum Llama

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2003, 02:22:04 PM »

The fact that a lifeless church turned Gandhi off Christ is super sad.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2003, 05:08:06 AM »

Still praying for you Lex!  May God bless...

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2003, 08:25:24 PM »

If ya make it to the kingdom, ya got it made

Just looked into this today. Im seeing other things now. Im not really sure what scriptures are saying. I suppose i should not have posted anything about this till i looked it over completely.Sorry

Wreck n Sow,

Everyone that places their faith in Jesus and is forgiven his tresspasses (sins), and has been given the Holy Spirit, "hath part in the first resurrection"    and has acquird the reality of the part, by faith, the gift of God, which comes by Grace and produces Salvation.

Col2
10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11  In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13  And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

This is the first resurrection, and it is a present reality;

Lk 20
34  And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
35  But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
36  Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
37  Now that the dead are raised, even Moses showed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
38  For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

God Bless,
Petro

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the