Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:06:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Mohandas Gandhi in HELL?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Mohandas Gandhi in HELL?  (Read 10241 times)
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2003, 11:39:17 PM »

Lex ;
    Salvation has nothing to do with how good or how bad you are.
ROM 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
ROM 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Not one of us is perfect, and that is the standard by which we are judged not being good or bad. We all would go to hell if not for The Sacrifice Of The Lamb, and that Lamb is Jesus, it is His Blood that covers our sin.

ACTS 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
ROM 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
1JN 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Am i right if i say that this is unfair?
       By mans standard it would be, but Salvation is GODS to Grant not us for as we have all ready seen we are all ready that we are sinners.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
lex

Still searchin....

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2003, 12:23:47 AM »

Forrest:

Huh?! Salvation has nothing to do with being good and evil?! I think not.

Why bother with the Ten Commandments?

And what is it exactly that you need to do in order to be saved?

I'd rather be hated for who I am than be loved for who I am not.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2003, 02:43:48 AM »

Re ur question and Save_4ever's about my belief in God as my personal saviour, I want to - it would be so much easy to do this and it would be comforting; however, I'm doubtful - reason points me otherwise.

Lex, the issue is not the reasons you are doubtful, but the doubt.  Each of us doubted prior to our salvation.  It is in human nature not to accept something we cannot tangibly feel or see.  There is great risk involved in accepting this comfort you are looking for.  But think about this my friend, what's the risk?  You simply lose what you've held onto.  A disbelief in your own worthiness for salvation perhaps.  Where do I get that one from?

Forrest:

Here.  Let me help you with something.  You are not worthy.  Yes.  There are actually thousands of overpaid psychologists now issuing a collective gasp at this statement!  Cheesy Cheesy  But that my friend is the whole point.  None of us will ever be worthy of this great gift.  It is, afterall, just that.  As a son, I've disobeyed my parents, broken my hand hitting a wall rather than taking my anger out on my dad, and a bevy of other sinful practices of my youth where my parents are concerned.  And yet, every Christmas, I still get a gift.  Why?  Because that's what a gift is.  It isn't earned, or purchased for one's self.  It is given.  

There are many issues out there Lex that can distract you from the main point you've come to.  Focusing on them, rather than this opportunity, would be wrong.  You said that you have reasons for disbelief.  I say that belief will explain any reason.  If you wait for the satisfaction of answers to those reasons, more reasons will arise.  If you wait until you think you may be worthy, or able to remain worthy of this salvation, more unworthiness will come to light.

I truly believe that in your reply to mine, I sensed a genuine desire to accept, yet a holding on to doubt.  Lex?  Do you believe in God?  If so, how much further would you have to go to believe God?

At the latter part of your post to Forrest, you asked:

God says, for starters, that each and every single one of us is born into one position: SINNER

Romans 3:10-12
as it is written:   "None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands;no one seeks for God.  All have turned aside; together they have become worthless[/b];no one does good, not even one."

And in verse 23 of the same chapter...

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Do you believe Him?  If so, then you need to hear what He has said about the price for being in this position: DEATH

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Again, do you believe Him?  Death my friend is something each of us can relate to, but not all of us understand.  Death isn't ceasing to exist, but rather a separation.  Physically, one's soul and spirit are separated from their bodies when death occurs.  Spiritually, death is an eternal separation from God in a place called the lake of fire:

Revelation 20:11-15
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

God has said it.  Do you believe it?  Some may deny that a God of love would do such a thing.  But God is above all things holy.  Do you know what it means to be holy?  Separate.  God is set apart from sin and will not accept us without a payment for our.  But here's the great part!  The God of love paid the price for all, through His Son Jesus Christ's death on the cross[/b]:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Hebrews 10:7-10
Then I said, 'Behold, I have come to do your will, O God, as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.'"  When he said above, "You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings" (these are offered according to the law), then he added, "Behold, I have come to do your will." He abolishes the first in order to establish the second. And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

God paid the price!  There is no need for man's work, hence...

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

God says that salvation comes from His Son's blood-bought payment by God's grace to us and our faith in Him.  What must you do to be saved?  First, change your mind about this.  Take away your belief in your doubts and replace it with your belief in God!  Second, change your heart about this.  You've sinned and are accountable to a Holy God.  Ask His forgiveness and know that ..."he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" - 1 John 1:9.  And third, change your will about this.  Accept His gift of loving salvation!

I know this has been a lengthy post, and I trust you've read through it.  You asked.  I hope you accept.

In prayer,

Kevin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2003, 04:06:03 AM »

Are you reading from a script Lex?  How perfectly bibical you are moving.

Ac 16:30
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Ac 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Ac 16:32
And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
Ac 16:33
And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
Ac 16:34
And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

You must believe on the Son of God my friend that's what you must do.  Believe on Christ Jesus from your heart.  It sounds as if the LORD is openly calling you, I pray you accept His gift.  You aren't guaranteed tomorrow so I wounldn't ponder this thing too long if you feel your heart being pricked.

Joh 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

You see what will truly condemn you in the end is your unbelief.  There will be no pity on those who refuse the gift of God.  In fact as you read this now the wrath of God abideth on you for you do not believe.  You may not feel it's full effects until death but it's there now.

The ten commandments are God's law and they serve a purpose just not the one most think.  For the Word tells us:
Ga 3:24
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto
Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

The law shows you why you are a sinner like all of us and shows you your condition before God.  I hope that you too will come to Christ and be saved.

God bless,
Jason

Early57

It is me

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2003, 05:01:22 AM »

I did not say Saved, I said enlightened which is two different states.

To know you need a savior and accept would be getting saved, to know you need a savior and reject would be the one that could damn your soul.

Cavemen and anyone else who never heard the message of Jesus would be fairly judged accordingly,  But in our modern age that is very unlikely that very many would not hear of Jesus.

God said that he placed eternity in their hearts.

To understand a God thing one must be born again.  it is impossable for you to undersatnd the family without being part of the family

But for some reason I feel that you do not care about these things and you have heard it all before.  So do you want to get Saved, Born again, made complete, Come to Christ Jesus the Lord and Savior?
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2003, 01:52:16 AM »

I'm still praying for you Lex!  

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
lex

Still searchin....

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2003, 10:17:55 PM »

First of all, sorry if i wasn't able to reply earlier. I was able to read all your messages but was so swamped with work that i wasn't able to respond right away. I wanted to digest what you have said and come up with intelligent and honest answers.

Alinall

Thanks for taking the time to include me in your prayers. And yes I am genuine in my posts that I want to believe. You can read my introduction at the "ABOUT YOU" discussion thread to see my basic dilemma.

Yes, i've thoroughly read it.

Early57

Basically, I want to know what to believe.

Saved_4ever

Actually, the validity of the Bible is something that i'm questioning too.....

Early57

It is me

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2003, 04:46:59 AM »

Salvation is through Faith by Gods Grace.  The grace that is availeble because Jesus is alive after being dead because of paying the cost to redeem all mankind to himself by the sacrifice.  Making availble a gift.
lex

Still searchin....

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2003, 05:37:45 AM »

Early 57:

So I can get away with every bad deed that i have and will do so long as i beliv in Christ?

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2003, 12:44:20 AM »

So I can get away with every bad deed that i have and will do so long as i beliv in Christ?

Not to steal Early's thunder here Lex, but I believe the issue isn't "getting away with" as much as being forgiven for!  Mind you, a born again believer doesn't use that forgiveness as a means to sin:

Romans 5:20-6:4
"Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.  What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life."

But rather, uses that as incentive not to sin.  A believer is free from the penalty of sin, but sin's power and presence still have a potentially crippling impact.  God never let anyone get away with sin Lex.  Jesus bled and died for your sin and mine.  God enacted His judgement on Jesus so that He can forgive us and remember our sin no more.   Smiley

Early57

It is me

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2003, 04:28:03 AM »

Not to steal Early's thunder here Lex, but I believe the issue isn't "getting away with" as much as being forgiven for!  Mind you, a born again believer doesn't use that forgiveness as a means to sin:

No Thunder to steal.

All the Thunder belongs to Our great God and Savior, Jesus.

But I will give you the Aman.

We will fall short, but the Grace of God will keep us to the last day and present us to the Father through the Son.

It is not how much sin I can get away with and still make it to Heaven, it is how great a salvation I have received from the throne of Grace that takes away the "want to sin attitude"

Loose translation with these words;  I can do anything I want too,   So Jesus took away the "Want too"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2003, 01:48:22 AM »

Smiley We're still prayin Lex!  Hope you're not too busy these days.   Smiley

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2003, 10:10:52 AM »

Just to add my 2 cents to what Lex said really fast. I’m surprised no one quoted John 14:15 (NIV) "If you love me, you will obey what I command.” If you are truly saved and you love God, the question of good and evil are irrelevant, you will do your best to serve him. PEROID. So yes, being saved is all you need, because if you are truly saved, the being good part will naturally follow.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2003, 01:05:49 PM »

Lex ;
    Salvation has nothing to do with how good or how bad you are.
ROM 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
ROM 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Not one of us is perfect, and that is the standard by which we are judged not being good or bad. We all would go to hell if not for The Sacrifice Of The Lamb, and that Lamb is Jesus, it is His Blood that covers our sin.

ACTS 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
ROM 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
1JN 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Am i right if i say that this is unfair?
       By mans standard it would be, but Salvation is GODS to Grant not us for as we have all ready seen we are all ready that we are sinners.

DITTO  Grin

Was Mohandas Gandhi, Roman Catholic?  

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2003, 02:48:37 PM »

DITTO  Grin

Was Mohandas Gandhi, Roman Catholic?  

Yes and no. He was a synergist.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the