Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:35:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  TBN in luxury problems : exit Hal L.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TBN in luxury problems : exit Hal L.  (Read 12210 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 12:00:43 PM »

With CAIR teaming up with the ACLU I think it is a fear of a lawsuit. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes. There may have already been the threat of such placed on them.

Such lawsuits have already happened.

Whatever happened to fear God only?? Did they stop trusting in the Lord?? Are they limiting God?
The enemy comes but to steal, kill and destroy.
TBN should know this.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 12:01:53 PM »

fear is never a very good adviser; TBN will come or might have already crossed the point where it would be better to be a voice in the wilderness then a law/polically correct station.

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 12:11:54 PM »

Amen air and twobombs. This is the way of the world, fear what man can do to you instead of fearing He that can save your soul.

I for one will not stop in teaching the truth and the truth is not in CAIR or the ACLU. Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life. To follow CAIR or the ACLU or to bow down to them in fear is none of this.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 12:19:39 PM »

Amen air and twobombs. This is the way of the world, fear what man can do to you instead of fearing He that can save your soul.

I for one will not stop in teaching the truth and the truth is not in CAIR or the ACLU. Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life. To follow CAIR or the ACLU or to bow down to them in fear is none of this.

We should all be steadfast when it comes to any type of opposition. Sometimes I wonder where people really place their trust. I pray that Christians all around the world will be able to stand on their faith in God and not let anything force them to negotiate with the world or anything that sets itself above Jesus. Just as Jesus said it "is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle...."

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2006, 12:27:45 PM »

With CAIR teaming up with the ACLU I think it is a fear of a lawsuit. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes. There may have already been the threat of such placed on them.

How ironic that you should say 'behind the scenes' TBN has a half hour program named Behind The Scenes. Do they really say what is going on behind the scenes? I think not. So I guess it is up for speculation what is really going on behind the scenes and it's becoming quite obvious that they are not tusting God and God only.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2006, 01:56:13 PM »

I agree with you guys on putting and keeping Christ first.   I am fairly certain that this decision comes down from a "board of directors" or some such, who made a corporate decision based on some demographics of new towers, that have been reaching muslim audiences.   Like airIam says, (in a round about way  Wink ), if we were worried about offending sinners, we would have drop all Christian programming.   On the flip side, I am thankful that TBN has reached millions of people through the airways with the Gospel.   Theres no telling how many souls have been saved hearing any number of broadcasts on there.  

It is becoming quite clear that Islam is going to have an enormous role in the end times.   If you look at all the nations spoken of in Ezekiel 38 and 39, basically all of them are Islamic nations.  

When Christian broadcasting compromises truth for the sake of its audience, something is not as it should be.   I don't want to be judgmental, but lets just call it grave concern.   I will be praying for the leadership of TBN.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2006, 02:21:04 PM »

I am sure that you are right 2T. Islam will have a prominent play in the end times. What we are witnessing is just one more thing that shows us the end times are coming upon us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2006, 02:22:46 PM »

I agree with you guys on putting and keeping Christ first.   I am fairly certain that this decision comes down from a "board of directors" or some such, who made a corporate decision based on some demographics of new towers, that have been reaching muslim audiences.   Like airIam says, (in a round about way  Wink ), if we were worried about offending sinners, we would have drop all Christian programming.   On the flip side, I am thankful that TBN has reached millions of people through the airways with the Gospel.   Theres no telling how many souls have been saved hearing any number of broadcasts on there.  

It is becoming quite clear that Islam is going to have an enormous role in the end times.   If you look at all the nations spoken of in Ezekiel 38 and 39, basically all of them are Islamic nations.  

When Christian broadcasting compromises truth for the sake of its audience, something is not as it should be.   I don't want to be judgmental, but lets just call it grave concern.   I will be praying for the leadership of TBN.
I agree with you 2Tim, they definately need prayer. From my perspective, the only thing any of us can do right now is pray and trust that God, Who is faithful to His Word will even make the rocks speak if that becomes necessary, I just am so flabergasted that a Christian Broadcasting Network, lets itself get talked into doing the opposite of what it is supposed to do. I foresee a lot of this happening and who knows even here in the US Christians will have to go underground to get the Word out.
I am praying that God will intervene and that those that still haven't heard the Word will have the opportunity to do so. It makes me wonder how many will give in to opposition thank God for the rapture, because things will only get worse. It is so very hard for me to even begin to comprehend that a Christian station that has been preaching the gospel for over 30 years, will let itself become intimidated by political correctness. It behooves me.

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2006, 06:11:42 PM »

I agree with you 2Tim, they definately need prayer. From my perspective, the only thing any of us can do right now is pray and trust that God, Who is faithful to His Word will even make the rocks speak if that becomes necessary, I just am so flabergasted that a Christian Broadcasting Network, lets itself get talked into doing the opposite of what it is supposed to do. I foresee a lot of this happening and who knows even here in the US Christians will have to go underground to get the Word out.
I am praying that God will intervene and that those that still haven't heard the Word will have the opportunity to do so. It makes me wonder how many will give in to opposition thank God for the rapture, because things will only get worse. It is so very hard for me to even begin to comprehend that a Christian station that has been preaching the gospel for over 30 years, will let itself become intimidated by political correctness. It behooves me.

Please don't "lighten" the problem by laying it off to a "corporate" decision, or a "board of directors" thing.  Paul Crouch is Pres......period, end of the line.  Jan is Sr. VP....period, end of the line. Paul is Chief Exec. Ofc., and runs the biz day to day, makes the decisions, and implements them....period, end of the line.

From the very beginning of TBN, the emphasis in programming and personalities has been in the Dominion/Reconstruction/Restoration areas, heavily flavored with "experiential" worship.  The people with the biggest followings and shows are those that are basically people pleasing and entertaining.....long on rhetoric and short on substance.  Why else would Avanzini, Hinn, Clements, Parsley et al be the prime players?

Jude wrote specifically about these people....quite frankly, I'm surprised that he didn't name them.

Jud 1:8   Likewise also these [filthy] dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

How many times have you seen them strut around, yelling at  the devil and demons, and "putting them under our feet," and proclaiming that WE have the authority to do whatever we want with them.

Jud 1:9   Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Jud 1:11   Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
Jud 1:12   These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds [they are] without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Jud 1:13   Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
Jud 1:14   And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jud 1:15   To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
Jud 1:16   These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling [words], having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

Back many years ago, I did some preaching on one of their first stations, out of New Mexico.  Even then, the corporate thrust and direction was to entertain, not teach.  After being told several times to not "be such a bible thumper", my wife and I dusted our feet.  

I seriously doubt that there are as many who have come to Christ thru TBN as have turned away, turned off by the shenanigans, hype and hoopla......truly they are a 3-ring circus.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 06:38:00 AM »

Evangelist,

Brother Hank, it's great to hear from you. You and your ministry are always in my prayers. I know beyond any doubt that you will always put JESUS and the Gospel of the Grace of God first, and you won't worry about being politically correct or pleasing the lost.

Pleasing the lost would certainly and obviously include Islam. It makes me very sad that there are huge so-called Christian networks who are more interested in pleasing Muslims than they are in giving out the Truth of JESUS and the Cross. Brother, this isn't the first BAD NEWS that we've heard about large Christian organizations abandoning their purpose in Christ. I'm thinking specifically about a large church that recently held a vote about JESUS being GOD, yes or no. All I can say is things like this make me very sad. NOW, more than ever, the world needs JESUS and the Cross, not entertainment and political correctness. People are dying in their sins without JESUS, and some so-called Christian organizations are withholding the TRUTH that those lost souls so desperately need.

Brother Hank and others, this just makes me very sad. On the other side of the coin, I know about many ministries that will NEVER hide the Truth of JESUS and the CROSS. Those ministries might not be huge and popular, but GOD is still using them in a mighty way. I give thanks for Christians all over the world who are not ashamed of the GOSPEL of the GRACE OF GOD. In fact, many of them are giving up their lives to share the GOSPEL, and I give thanks that they serve as an example to all of us. In my heart and mind, I know there will be men and women with the courage to share the GOOD NEWS until the end of this age. AND, NOBODY will be able to stop GOD from using His Word. His Word will NOT return void.

Brothers and Sisters, I just read an issue of Voice of the Martyrs, and I always have mixed emotions:

I feel bad that there are Christians giving their lives to share the Gospel.

I personally feel embarrassed and bad that I haven't spent more effort in sharing the Gospel.

I feel motivated to do more, work harder, and be more determined to share the Gospel of the Grace of God.

It's the devil trying to stop the work of GOD, and the work of GOD WILL NOT be stopped. I hope and pray that GOD gives me the strength and courage to do His Will to the last minute, the minute that HE takes us home.

Brothers and Sisters, here's the thing that really makes me feel bad. Christians are dying in jungles and many dangerous places all over the world to share the GOSPEL. All of their days are dangerous and difficult, but they continue with determination to the death. NOW, think about these massive television and satellite productions from air-conditioned stages and total safety that decide to dilute or withhold the TRUTH and the GOSPEL. Further, they have massive amounts of money, and the dying missionaries or underground Christians are living in poverty. They have all that money, but entertainment and political correctness becomes more important than the GOSPEL. THIS MAKES ME SICK!

I apologize for NOTHING. I think that all Christians should be outraged with what some organizations are doing with the LORD's money and resources. I didn't intend to hurt anyone's feelings here, but I did want to boldly state what's on my heart and what I felt led to say.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 55:10-11 NASB  "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 07:21:26 AM »

Amen Brother. What you have said is truth and there is never a reason to apologize for the truth of God. When things of this world such as money and political correctness become more important than the word of God then it demeans the word of God, detracts from it and actually is a major stumbling block to those that might otherwise accept our Lord as their Saviour.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 09:31:04 AM »

Amen Brother. What you have said is truth and there is never a reason to apologize for the truth of God. When things of this world such as money and political correctness become more important than the word of God then it demeans the word of God, detracts from it and actually is a major stumbling block to those that might otherwise accept our Lord as their Saviour.

Amen, I agree with both of you BEP and PR. It also makes those that are still babes in Christ to doubt God's Word.  
Mt 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
It causes unbelievers to think that God's Word is not important, unbelievers usually remember only the negative things they hear about Christianity, making it harder for the true message of the Gospel to be accepted. We must pray for the lost, and the babes in Christ that they will have a receptive heart and that God will soften their hearts so they will not be able to resist the wooing of the Holy Spirit.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 08:18:14 AM »

Did anyone else catch Hal Lindsey on FoxNews Hannity And Colmes last night?   It was only a 5 min segment, but they were asking him about his reasoning for leaving TBN and the question of Muslim bashing.

He said that Paul was sick during the time he left and that "she" (never saying a name) was the person who requested a script for his shows to pre-approve it.   He said he had spoken with Paul just yesterday, and that it seemed Paul was not aware of everything that was going on with the ordeal.

They also questioned him about his stance against Muslims.   Hal said that true Islamics are the devout Muslims who follow the teaching of the Koran becoming "radical", and that moderates are the ones who have not really delved into the Koran.   He didn't get much time, but he did have the opportunity to mention the soon return of Christ before he was abruptly cut off.

Just wanted to give an update.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 08:23:49 AM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
SADWORLD

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2006, 09:19:54 AM »

SADWORLD

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2006, 09:27:20 AM »

I was saved through TBN, but I am sad today how much it has changed from 24 years ago.  Too much of trying to conform to the world is seen, and that is evident by removing Hal Lindsey's program.  There are few who are willing to tell the whole truth, as the Bible tells it, and Hal was doing that.  WE ARE IN THE LAST DAYS PEOPLE, WAKE UP.   READ THE WORD SO YOU WON'T BE DECIEVED. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the