Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:22:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  TBN in luxury problems : exit Hal L.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TBN in luxury problems : exit Hal L.  (Read 12250 times)
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2005, 06:26:21 PM »

Ha ! It may be that on this forum we've been doing some Hal bashing for being to uhm, well we all know how and what...

But even (t)his view has been rejected by TBN by now because of the Pro-Israel and Pro-Prophecy views...  

*/ TBN might replace his IIB broadcast with some 'Xian' powerlifting.... /*

The time is at hand ppl...  when people like Hal are being rejected because of their *affinity* with the Truth.

**URGENT PERSONAL MESSAGE from Hal Lindsey** - ( Folks, Hal is largely responsible for inspiring me to start Prophecy Update and I consider him a friend and a mentor. Please keep Hal and his ministry in your prayers!)

TBN Suspends IIB

While on my recent thrilling tour to Israel, I received a distinct warning from the Lord. This warning came at just the time the Lord was making me fully aware of the exponential increase in outreach my International Intelligence Briefing program on TBN has experienced in just this year.

Emails from all over the world continuously inform me of the people who regularly watch the IIB program. They share how many of their friends came to faith in Christ as a result of watching it. Several shared how they gather a group each week in their homes to watch the IIB program. Two different missionaries in Kenya said that they did this. Both reported that a number of young people have accepted Christ in these sessions.

Tourists, not only on my tour but also on many other tours in Israel, repeatedly stopped me to say that God has blessed them through IIB. He has used the program to make them aware of the certainty of prophecy and the soon coming of Christ. It has helped them to understand the complex perils that face our world today. Many Jews both in this and other countries also watch the program regularly.

I am continually stopped wherever I go by people who tell me the same things. And many who are not Christians (yet) watch the IIB show regularly. They say that they find the news reports to be unique and eye-opening by revealing information that other news sources either choose not to report – or are afraid to report.

It was in this light that God prompted me while in Jerusalem that Satan was going to attack my IIB ministry and me personally. I shared this with my wife and related my past experiences with Satan's attacks at just the time God has used me most. So we prepared for spiritual warfare.

This warning proved to be accurate immediately after my return to the US. The International Intelligence Briefing has been removed from the air on TBN for the entire month of December (and perhaps never to be broadcast again?). Some at the network apparently feel that my message is too pro-Israel and too anti-Muslim. This is confusing to me because my message is the same as it has been for the entire twelve years of presenting the IIB program. It has not changed one iota.

The program this week addressed the tremendous political upheaval in Israel – including the toppling of the government – in the wake of the Gaza withdrawals. It warned about the peril the US faces if we pull out of Iraq and leave the perception that radical Islamic terrorists defeated the worlds only superpower.. A unique and dynamic exclusive interview that I was fortunate enough to conduct with Binyamin Netanyahu while in Jerusalem was also rejected from being aired on this week's show.

The feeling must be that honestly reporting news on current issues concerning radical Islam is thwarting evangelism to Muslims at large, particularly Palestinians. I personally believe that both Christian Palestinians and moderate Muslims – who are being intimidated and persecuted by the radicals – actually welcome honest reporting on the situation.

The question I am compelled to ask is, "If we don't tell the world the truth, then who will?" The government won't. The mainstream media won't. Foreign powers won't. Al-Jazeera won't. Of course, there can and will always be disagreements about style and aesthetics in programming. But I can't understand how any Christian that is aware of the dangers radical Islam poses to our nation, Christians worldwide and the nation of Israel can issue a mandate to soft-peddle the truth about it.

Not only do Christians need to hear the truth, but also nations and their leaders need to hear. Young people who are being seduced by our liberal anti-God Universities and the media into believing lies need to hear the unvarnished truth. The prevailing ignorance about Fundamental Islam also affects our ability to resist Satan's attacks and our ability to effectively share Christ with those who are deceived by Islam. Our ability to intercede wisely for our nation, our families and Israel are all based on our access to accurate information. And that's the kind of information I have conscientiously and prayerfully sought to disseminate through the Holy Spirit's power over the International Intelligence Briefing for the past twelve years.

As the Bible predicted would happen in the days just before Christ's return, Israel is hated by almost the entire world. I believe there never has been a time when Christians need to support Israel's right to exist within secure borders more than now. God has vowed, "He will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse her." Not standing with Israel against her avid enemies today is like being silent when the NAZIS took the Jews and exterminated them in their death camps. This I cannot and will not do.

This concern has been at the center of my message from the beginning of my prophetic ministry 47 years ago. Israel is God's timepiece. If you want to know what time it is on God's prophetic clock, watch what He is doing with Israel. The Bible's prophetic scenario indicates that Israel is near its date with destiny. God also warns the nations surrounding Israel that they are going to be catastrophically judged for seeking to thwart His predicted will to restore Israel to its ancient homeland that was once and for all given to them by His Divine oath.

Ezekiel directly predicted the situation we see in the Land of Israel today. And he warned the 'surrounding nations', which are all Muslim today. This is what he predicted, "Therefore thus says the Lord God, 'Surely in the fire of My jealousy I have spoken against the rest of the nations, and against all Edom (Arab people), who appropriated My land for themselves as a possession with wholehearted joy and with scorn of soul, to drive it out for a prey. Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel and say to the mountains and to the hills, to the ravines and to the valleys, 'Thus says the Lord God, Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and in My wrath because you have endured the insults of the nations.' Therefore thus says the Lord God, 'I have sworn that surely the nations which are around you will themselves endure their insults. But you, O mountains of Israel, you will put forth your branches and bear your fruit for My people Israel; for they will soon come.'" (Ezekiel 36:5-8 NAS) Israel has come home and the desolate land has responded to them with miraculous fertility. Now the surrounding Muslim nations are seeking to cast them out again. All this is being fulfilled before our eyes.

Islam stands in direct defiance of God's predicted purpose. The Koran declares that the Jews added prophetic passages like the one above and they are therefore false. But if they are false, why are they so accurately being fulfilled? Even many Arab Christians do not want to accept these clear Biblical statements. The fact that they have been in the Holy Land for a few centuries as usurpers does not annul the irrevocable title deed God gave to the descendants of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

It is for this reason I have so adamantly continued to explain prophecy and expose current Muslim schemes to destroy the nation of Israel. With Martin Luther, I feel compelled to say that it is here I stand. God help me, I cannot do otherwise than to fulfill His Divine calling. The Muslims who reject God's sovereign purposes with Israel wouldn't believe the Gospel anyway.

Make no mistake; I deeply love the Trinity Broadcasting Network. I have been intimately involved with this incredible worldwide ministry for over three decades. Actually from its very beginning. More than most, I know and appreciate the tremendous sacrifices its founders made to build it. I deeply appreciate the platform TBN has given me in years past. I honestly believe there are few organizations in operation today that can play as great a role in the end-time harvest as TBN. I truly believe TBN's greatest days could be yet to come.

So in this hour of crisis, I need your prayers and your support. I live by faith. I believe that those of you who have been blessed by my ministry will continue to invest in my calling and make it possible for me continue to spread this desperately needed prophetic warning that very few are proclaiming. The decision makers at TBN also need your prayers. This could be a disastrous turn in their ministry. God will not be mocked in the things that He makes clear are precious to Him.

God bless you and reward you for your prayers and faithful support.

Hal Lindsey

This is the promise the Lord directed me to claim: '"No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me,' declares the LORD." (Isaiah 54:17 NIV) Combat faith is now on.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 06:28:34 PM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 07:00:14 PM »

Hello Twobombs,

Brother, I really don't remember much being said here about Hal Lindsey. I do appreciate you posting this information.

I do remember some news and expose type material being posted on people like Benny Hinn. I don't remember specifics on others, but I do remember information about how offerings were being used by some for outrageous luxury and not the Lord's work. I don't remember Hal Lindsey fitting into this category. The biggest posting was about Benny Hinn. He probably represents the worst in the waste of offerings, and some of his teaching is completely FALSE. Agree or disagree with Benny Hinn, I don't think that people should be sending him offerings so he can stay in $10,000 a night hotel rooms. If TBN needs to cut someone, I would think that Benny Hinn should be the first to go.

Brother, please do feel completely free to post Bible Prophecy updates and information here. I know that we don't agree on everything, but I always enjoy studying the information you post. We might agree on more than you think, but I hope that our disagreements have been with respect. I am still studying information from your web site, and 100% agreement in Bible Prophecy is not necessary for interest and study. I know that we are Brothers in Christ and belong to JESUS, so some disagreement in the extremely difficult and complex area of Bible Prophecy really doesn't mean much to me.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 10:16-17 NASB  However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, "LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?" So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 12:42:57 PM »

Hello Twobombs,

I do remember some news and expose type material being posted on people like Benny Hinn. I don't remember specifics on others, but I do remember information about how offerings were being used by some for outrageous luxury and not the Lord's work. I don't remember Hal Lindsey fitting into this category. The biggest posting was about Benny Hinn. He probably represents the worst in the waste of offerings, and some of his teaching is completely FALSE. Agree or disagree with Benny Hinn, I don't think that people should be sending him offerings so he can stay in $10,000 a night hotel rooms. If TBN needs to cut someone, I would think that Benny Hinn should be the first to go.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2Ti 4:3   For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
(4)   And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Notwithstanding Hal's kind comments about TBN, I believe that the real truth is starting to be made apparent.   While I also don't agree completely with some of Hal's prognostications, he at least continues to point out an essential truth.....Jesus is coming, and He's not gonna be too long about it!!!!

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 02:40:39 PM »

2Ti 4:3   For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
(4)   And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Notwithstanding Hal's kind comments about TBN, I believe that the real truth is starting to be made apparent.  While I also don't agree completely with some of Hal's prognostications, he at least continues to point out an essential truth.....Jesus is coming, and He's not gonna be too long about it!!!!

AMEN BROTHER!!

Brother Hank, we've been missing you, and it's great to see you on the forum. I hope and pray that you are well and your ministry is doing good.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 10:16-17 NASB  However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, "LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?" So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 03:32:17 PM »

Hello Twobombs,

Love In Christ,
Tom

2Ti 4:3   For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
(4)   And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Notwithstanding Hal's kind comments about TBN, I believe that the real truth is starting to be made apparent.   While I also don't agree completely with some of Hal's prognostications, he at least continues to point out an essential truth.....Jesus is coming, and He's not gonna be too long about it!!!!

Well we all have our collateral opinions & objections collected along the way. What's important is that there are two major factions in the end time church. One is the non-compromising power wielding church, and the other can be called the Babylon-church filled with, well we all know and pray for them, right ?

I see TBN as an institution as the latter; and this institution is tumbling down the rabbit hole; the 'wonderland' gosple becomes weirder as time progresses.

Hal has been, being a pretrib and all, 100% accepted by this community but as the level of the gosple progressively deterioates at TBN due to several factors, of wich the most is money; revenue, advertising, # of viewers, etc etc.
The spoiled (US dominated) viever no longer accepts what is within reasonable levels the Truth(tm)

And, as Evangelist correctly quotes;
2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
(4)  And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

They're tumbling down the rabbit hole and in the end it is this;
Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

streaming asx from his last show that dealt with Jihad http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/asx/iib/2005/111605.asx

Update

Source: http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47691

TBN admits concern about offending Muslims
Network revises statement on pre-emption of Hal Lindsey show
Posted: December 2, 2005
1:45 a.m. Eastern

Hal Lindsey
After insisting the pre-emption of Hal Lindsey's television show had nothing to do with content, a Trinity Broadcasting Network spokesman retracted his statement, admitting officials were concerned, at least secondarily, about offending Arabs and Muslims.

As WorldNetDaily reported, John Casoria, general counsel for the network, responded yesterday to Lindsey's contention that the weekly program "International Intelligence Briefing" had been canceled for December, and possibly permanently, because its message was deemed "too pro-Israel and too anti-Muslim."

Casoria initially replied, "That is absolutely, 100 percent false."

But now, after talking with network programming officials, he says a secondary reason for pre-empting the show was that it "placed Arabs in a negative light."

The overwhelming reason, he still insists, is TBN requires all its programming during December to have a Christmas theme.

"When a programmer chooses not to do so, they are pre-empted so that TBN can focus its attention on the holidays," Casoria said. "Hal is very well aware of this."

Casoria said a "letter generally goes out to all the programmers letting them know this is the case," pointing out at least 20 other programs have been pre-empted because they didn't have a Christmas theme.

But Lindsey told WND this was the first time he had been pre-empted for the entire month of December, noting his program previously had been replaced only the week before Christmas.

He also pointed out TBN had him come in Tuesday to tape this week's show but informed him afterward, "through the chain of command," to stop production because they didn't like the script.

Lindsey, a WND columnist, said he has to drive 130 miles to the network's studios in Orange County, California, to record the show.

Casoria said he could not recall specific examples from Lindsey's programs that were anti-Arab or anti-Muslim, but he expressed the network's concern about how Muslims are portrayed.

"TBN is a worldwide ministry; we have an entire channel that airs 24 hours a day, seven days a week in Arabic," he said. "We are trying to reach the Islamic world and open a dialogue with them regarding Christ and Christianity."

Casoria explained, "We do not feel that the best witness of Christ is to bash them but rather to show them the nature of Christ – the way Christ said to present himself – and that is through love, understanding and the presentation of the gospel to them."

Lindsey argued, however, his program is not shown in the Middle East.

"My show is produced for the Western world and for Christians who are at the most risk from radical Islam," he said.

Lindsey said that in the show that was canceled this week, he made a clear distinction between Muslims seeking jihad and those who want only a job and normal life for their families.

"I cast radical Muslims in a bad light," he said, "showing how they are intimidating and persecuting moderate Muslims in the Middle East."

Casoria said he believes the extremists are not Muslims at all but have "hijacked the religion."

As a Christian, he sees Islam as a false religion – believing there is only one way to God, through Jesus Christ – but he says Islam basically is peaceful.

"That's where we violently disagree," Lindsey said. "Islam is not a peaceful religion; although there may be moderate Muslims, it's because they have not become followers of the Quran."

Lindsey said in a message to supporters on his website that TBN's decision is "confusing to me because my message is the same as it has been for the entire 12 years of presenting the IIB program. It has not changed one iota."

Asked to respond, Casoria said, speaking personally, "Hal Lindsey's program has clearly changed over the last 12 years, as has Hal Lindsey."

"If you look at his earlier writings and you look at what he writes today, there is definitely a hard edge," he said. "That's my personal feeling."

Lindsey responded, "I doubt if he's read anything I've ever written."

"If there is any hard edge to what I'm saying now, it's post 9-11, when the threat from radical Islam has became readily apparent," Lindsey said. "It's been since that time that my program has soared in the ratings."

After the program didn't turn up in its usual Wednesday time slot, viewers began contacting the network, and by yesterday afternoon, a flood of calls had shut down the switchboard, Lindsey said.

[offer]

Casoria said "International Intelligence Briefing" would be back on the air in January, but Lindsey claims he was told the show's future would be discussed in the new year.

Asked to respond, Casoria said, "If that statement was made by Hal Lindsey, I think it's a little paranoia on his part."

Casoria said Lindsey and TBN chief Paul Crouch, who founded the network with his wife Jan, have been friends for a long time.

"I'm sure these very reasonable men can resolve these issues," said Casoria, a nephew of the Crouches.

Lindsey said he has "no axe to grind."

I've been happy with my opportunities at TBN," he said. "I'm happy with the platform I've had."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 05:15:18 PM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 07:53:37 PM »

Hello TwoBombs,

Brother, I don't watch a lot of television, so I don't know what all is going on with TBN. Being afraid of offending Muslims is a very poor reason for changing programming. You know me well enough to be certain that I would never water down or dilute the GOSPEL to be politically correct. In fact, I think that the full-strength Gospel of the Grace of God is the only way to help the lost, and that would obviously include Muslims. In short, I believe that being politically correct hurts people instead of helping them.

Brother, you and I agree on many things, especially all of the critical things about JESUS and the Cross. We've had what I hope were pleasant agree to disagree type situations on Bible Prophecy, but I also believe that JESUS is coming soon. Right NOW would make me very happy! If not now, the sooner the better. I simply want to yield and serve God according to His Will until JESUS comes to take us home. YES, I think that the time grows short, and I give thanks for every effort to spread God's Word. It makes me very happy to hear about people being saved because I know that tomorrow might be too late. I don't speculate about a date or a time for the Second Coming of Christ, but I feel in my heart that the time grows near. If not, I'll be content to serve HIM in whatever way HE allows me to for the rest of my life.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Timothy 6:12 NASB  Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 01:27:53 PM »

Fin de ciecle :

First TBN drops Lindsey,
now Lindsey drops TBN
Best-selling author says Christian network tried to muzzle his views on radical Islam
Posted: January 3, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Hal Lindsey

Hal Lindsey, considered the best-selling non-fiction writer alive today, has notified the Trinity Broadcasting Network he will not return to his twice-weekly Christian commentary program, "The International Intelligence Briefing," because of what he considers to be efforts to muzzle his opinions about radical Islam.

Lindsey, author of "The Late Great Planet Earth" and many other best-selling books and a weekly columnist for WND, has anchored the program for the last 12 years on the world's largest Christian network.

The announcement follows an abrupt six-week suspension of the popular TBN-sponsored program by Jan Crouch, TBN's vice president for programming.

Though John Casoria, TBN's general counsel first told WorldNetDaily the show's suspension was simply a traditional hiatus in lieu of seasonal programming, that statement was later revised to confirm that the network believed Lindsey's program "placed Arabs in a negative light."

Lindsey responded to this allegation: "I don't have to cast radical Muslims in a bad light. If the intimidation and persecution of moderate Muslims makes radical Islam look bad, that is because it is bad – not that I 'cast' them in a bad light. But I have never cast the Arabs as a race in a bad light."

"I also seek to show that radical Islam poses the greatest danger ever faced by the United States," he added. "I believe that God called me as 'a watchman on the wall' to warn America and I must obey – although it is sometimes unpopular."

On the other hand, Casoria told WND he believes the extremists are not Muslims at all but have "hijacked the religion."

Lindsey contends that "the extremists are the ones most literally following the Quran and the Hadith, which are the most holy and authoritative books of the Muslim religion. This is why violence has erupted from Muslims in virtually every century since its birth."

Casoria said he could not recall specific examples from Lindsey's programs that were anti-Arab or anti-Muslim, but he expressed the network's concern about how Muslims are portrayed.

"TBN is a worldwide ministry; we have an entire channel that airs 24 hours a day, seven days a week in Arabic," he said. "We are trying to reach the Islamic world and open a dialogue with them regarding Christ and Christianity."

Casoria explained, "We do not feel that the best witness of Christ is to bash them but rather to show them the nature of Christ – the way Christ said to present himself – and that is through love, understanding and the presentation of the gospel to them."

source: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48163
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 01:28:58 PM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 12:02:21 AM »

Hal Lindsey's 'anti-Muslim' show dropped

Christian television network denies decision related to content
Posted: December 1, 2005
4:10 p.m. Eastern

By Art Moore
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Hal Lindsey hosting his weekly TBN program
Author Hal Lindsey says his weekly television program has been dropped by the Trinity Broadcasting Network because its message is considered by some officials at the Christian network to be "too pro-Israel and too anti-Muslim."

"International Intelligence Briefing," a current-affairs style show that focuses on biblical prophecy and its relationship to events in the Holy Land, was removed from the air for the entire month of December and may never be broadcast again, according to Lindsey, a WND columnist.

"This is confusing to me because my message is the same as it has been for the entire 12 years of presenting the IIB program," said Lindsey in a website dispatch to supporters. "It has not changed one iota."

John Casoria, general counsel for TBN, confirmed to WorldNetDaily that Lindsey's program won't air during December, but he says that applies only to this month's schedule and insists the decision has nothing to do with content.

"That is absolutely, 100 percent false," Casoria said of Lindsey's assertion.

Casoria said he has been trying, unsuccessfully, to get in touch today with Lindsey or someone in his office.

Lindsey's show normally airs at 5:30 p.m. each Wednesday and is repeated Thursday at 10 p.m.

Casoria explained that TBN, as part of its contractual agreement, has the right to pre-empt a network-produced program such as Lindsey's.

It's not playing this month, Casoria said, because the network is focusing on Christmas programming.

In an interview with WND, however, Lindsey said he was told specifically, through the TBN "chain of command," that his program was being dropped indefinitely, at least through December, because he was "Arab bashing."

An evaluation of the program's future is to be made in January, according to Lindsey.

He said that after recording this week's program Tuesday afternoon, he was told the show was canceled because of the script.

Lindsey wrote in his website letter that this week's program "addressed the tremendous political upheaval in Israel – including the toppling of the government – in the wake of the Gaza withdrawals. It warned about the peril the U.S. faces if we pull out of Iraq and leave the perception that radical Islamic terrorists defeated the world's only superpower."

Lindsey said the program included an exclusive interview with former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem.

"The feeling must be that honestly reporting news on current issues concerning radical Islam is thwarting evangelism to Muslims at large, particularly Palestinians," Lindsey said in his website message. "I personally believe that both Christian Palestinians and moderate Muslims – who are being intimidated and persecuted by the radicals – actually welcome honest reporting on the situation."

Lindsey, author of the 1970s best-seller "The Late Great Planet Earth," said he understands how there will be "disagreements about style and aesthetics in programming. But I can't understand how any Christian that is aware of the dangers radical Islam poses to our nation, Christians worldwide and the nation of Israel can issue a mandate to soft-pedal the truth about it."

Lindsey said he still "deeply" loves TBN, noting he's been involved with the network from its beginning, three decades ago.

He asked supporters to pray for himself and for the "decision makers at TBN."

"This could be a disastrous turn in their ministry," Lindsey said.

Hal Lindsey's 'anti-muslim show dropped

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 12:06:51 AM »

TBN admits concern about offending Muslims
Network revises statement on pre-emption of Hal Lindsey show
Posted: December 2, 2005
1:45 a.m. Eastern

By Art Moore
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

After insisting the pre-emption of Hal Lindsey's television show had nothing to do with content, a Trinity Broadcasting Network spokesman retracted his statement, admitting officials were concerned, at least secondarily, about offending Arabs and Muslims.

As WorldNetDaily reported, John Casoria, general counsel for the network, responded yesterday to Lindsey's contention that the weekly program "International Intelligence Briefing" had been canceled for December, and possibly permanently, because its message was deemed "too pro-Israel and too anti-Muslim."

Casoria initially replied, "That is absolutely, 100 percent false."

But now, after talking with network programming officials, he says a secondary reason for pre-empting the show was that it "placed Arabs in a negative light."

The overwhelming reason, he still insists, is TBN requires all its programming during December to have a Christmas theme.

"When a programmer chooses not to do so, they are pre-empted so that TBN can focus its attention on the holidays," Casoria said. "Hal is very well aware of this."

Casoria said a "letter generally goes out to all the programmers letting them know this is the case," pointing out at least 20 other programs have been pre-empted because they didn't have a Christmas theme.

But Lindsey told WND this was the first time he had been pre-empted for the entire month of December, noting his program previously had been replaced only the week before Christmas.

He also pointed out TBN had him come in Tuesday to tape this week's show but informed him afterward, "through the chain of command," to stop production because they didn't like the script.

Lindsey, a WND columnist, said he has to drive 130 miles to the network's studios in Orange County, California, to record the show.

"My show is produced for the Western world and for Christians who are at the most risk from radical Islam," he said.

Lindsey said that in the show that was canceled this week, he made a clear distinction between Muslims seeking jihad and those who want only a job and normal life for their families.

"I cast radical Muslims in a bad light," he said, "showing how they are intimidating and persecuting moderate Muslims in the Middle East."

Casoria said he believes the extremists are not Muslims at all but have "hijacked the religion."

As a Christian, he sees Islam as a false religion – believing there is only one way to God, through Jesus Christ – but he says Islam basically is peaceful.

"That's where we violently disagree," Lindsey said. "Islam is not a peaceful religion; although there may be moderate Muslims, it's because they have not become followers of the Quran."

Lindsey said in a message to supporters on his website that TBN's decision is "confusing to me because my message is the same as it has been for the entire 12 years of presenting the IIB program. It has not changed one iota."

Asked to respond, Casoria said, speaking personally, "Hal Lindsey's program has clearly changed over the last 12 years, as has Hal Lindsey."

"If you look at his earlier writings and you look at what he writes today, there is definitely a hard edge," he said. "That's my personal feeling."

Lindsey responded, "I doubt if he's read anything I've ever written."

"If there is any hard edge to what I'm saying now, it's post 9-11, when the threat from radical Islam has became readily apparent," Lindsey said. "It's been since that time that my program has soared in the ratings."

After the program didn't turn up in its usual Wednesday time slot, viewers began contacting the network, and by yesterday afternoon, a flood of calls had shut down the switchboard, Lindsey said.

Casoria said "International Intelligence Briefing" would be back on the air in January, but Lindsey claims he was told the show's future would be discussed in the new year.

Asked to respond, Casoria said, "If that statement was made by Hal Lindsey, I think it's a little paranoia on his part."

Casoria said Lindsey and TBN chief Paul Crouch, who founded the network with his wife Jan, have been friends for a long time.

"I'm sure these very reasonable men can resolve these issues," said Casoria, a nephew of the Crouches.

Lindsey said he has "no axe to grind."

I've been happy with my opportunities at TBN," he said. "I'm happy with the platform I've had."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 02:34:45 AM »

I'm currious to see if Haggee stays on.   I know he's been pretty harsh about Islam.  He and Hal were pretty much the only two shows I watched on there.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 07:49:32 AM »

2ndTim, if John Hagee gets dropped I won't watch TBN again. I think John Hagee is straight forward, and does not fear what anyone who disagree with him thinks. What I can't understand is Muslim is not a nation or a race it is a religion, so from a religious point of view Hal is doing what he should be doing, he is not attacking a race, he is showing the errors of the muslim religion, that is what he should be doing. I am not a person who hates any people, race, or nation, but I hate what is wrong, I hate lies, I hate deception, I hate adultery, I hate stealing, I hate murder, I hate sexual pervasion, I hate abortion, if I was working for let's say TBN and said these things, would it be right for me to get kicked out because of making my feelings known, and perhaps even hurting the feelings of murderers, abortionists, homosexuals, thieves, liars, sex offenders. This thing that TBN has done to Hal Lindsy is begining to sound like the ACLU to me. TBN is supposed to win people for Christ makeing them Christian (am I right so far?) Now then Hal or any other Christian for that matter including myself don't neccessarily have to be antimuslim because we preach the Gospel of Jesus. So the way I see it is we are either for Christ or against Him. It is the same as witchcraft, I am not afraid of being anti-witchcraft, anti-muslim or anti anything that sets itself up against the Truth of my Lord.
Your sister in Christ,
Maria.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 09:43:35 AM »

As I stated in the topic, my educated guess is that money & sponsors are in the limelight, more then prophecy & truthseeking.

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 11:16:39 AM »

As I stated in the topic, my educated guess is that money & sponsors are in the limelight, more then prophecy & truthseeking.
It looks that way, 2B. Sad

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 11:36:34 AM »

It seems to me that TBN is now trying to be politically correct.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 11:51:51 AM »

With CAIR teaming up with the ACLU I think it is a fear of a lawsuit. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes. There may have already been the threat of such placed on them.

Such lawsuits have already happened.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the