Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:21:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  TBN in luxury problems : exit Hal L.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TBN in luxury problems : exit Hal L.  (Read 12264 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2006, 09:26:08 PM »

Lindsey's final decree: 'I am not coming back'

Author dispelling suggestion from network of imminent return to Trinity Broadcasting
Posted: January 12, 2006
2:37 a.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Hal Lindsey

Despite a letter from the head of the Trinity Broadcasting Network indicating a possible resolution to a dispute involving Christian author Hal Lindsey's program, Lindsey maintains he will not return to the network that has aired his show for the last 12 years.

"I am not going back to TBN," Lindsey told WorldNetDaily this morning. "There's friendship there, but also differences in opinion in what ought and ought not to be presented. And I don't want any censorship."

As WND reported, the correspondence signed by Dr. Paul Crouch, the evangelist founder of the world's largest religious network and America's most-watched faith channel, was responding to a concerned TBN viewer's Web comment about Lindsey's absence.

The text of Crouch's letter states:

Evangelists Paul and Jan Crouch head up Trinity Broadcasting Network

"Hal and I have talked about the potential return of Hal's 'International Intelligence Briefing' to the TBN programming schedule. This is certainly my desire and Hal has indicated to me that he is very interested in returning to his regular time slot.

"The problem we faced was receiving very serious and threatening e-mails, letters, etc., to TBN because of statements Hal had made concerning Islam and the Arab people. My plea to Hal is to please not focus so much on the political aspects of the Middle East and to focus more directly on biblical perspectives.

"As soon as the current TBN series 'Against All Odds' ends we will hope to see Hal's program back home on TBN. ... Please know that we love you and appreciate your sincere concern for Hal and for TBN."

Lindsey explains while he did have a conversation with Crouch Tuesday night about the possibility of returning, Crouch misinterpreted Lindsey's response when he said he would pray about the matter. He says his main concerns remain the pre-empting of the show with little or no notice, and the desire by Paul Crouch's wife, Jan, to pre-approve the program's scripts, to make sure Lindsey was focusing more on the Bible and less on current politics.

"I don't consider talking about Islam 'politics,'" Lindsey told WND. "Radical Islam is the most vicious false religion on Earth."

"It's [TBN's] desire to only be positive and only present the love and peace message of Christ," Lindsey added, noting Paul Crouch told him he didn't believe Jesus was ever confrontational.

But Lindsey pointed out Jesus was very confrontational with the false teachers of his own time, calling them "whitewashed tombs," "brood of vipers," and "sons of hell" in the 23rd chapter of the Gospel of Matthew.

"It wasn't all sweetness and light," Lindsey said.

Throughout this dispute, Lindsey's photo and the name of his program have remained on the TBN website.

Hal Lindsey's image and show name have remained on TBN's website

Lindsey now says he's looking to air a new weekly program called "The Hal Lindsey Report" on the DayStar Christian Network as early as Sunday, Jan. 29. He may also have a slot on the Sky Angel Network.

WorldNetDaily broke the story in December that Lindsey, author of "The Late Great Planet Earth" and many other best-selling books and a weekly columnist for WND, had been dropped by TBN, claiming he was being muzzled for his views about radical Islam.

Though John Casoria, TBN's general counsel first told WorldNetDaily the show's suspension was simply a traditional hiatus in lieu of seasonal programming, that statement was later revised to confirm that the network believed Lindsey's program "placed Arabs in a negative light."

Lindsey's final decree: 'I am not coming back'

My note; I guess TBN, want to be politically correct.  Cry Angry

twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2006, 02:46:10 AM »

Programming News Update  - Hal Lindsey – www.hallindsey.com

I thank God for each one of you who have expressed your encouragement and support by sending your faith-gifts to get my ministry started up on new television networks.

You have proven to me once again the certainty of God’s promise quoted above. It is faith in God’s promises that enabled me to sign my signature on obligations that make me personally responsible for about one million dollars.

Your seed money is enabling me to proceed by faith to rent the studio facilities and equipment, hire the necessary people and contract time on various television networks, which is all very expensive.

I pray that God will reward each one of you a thousand-fold.

Most exciting of all to me are the testimonies of thousands of you as to how much the International Intelligence Briefing meant to you. Most encouraging are reports about so many of your family members who wouldn’t watch any other Christian show never miss the IIB – and then come to faith in Christ.

I promise that with the Holy Spirit’s power, The Hal Lindsey Report will be even better and have greater impact. It will remain “Politically Incorrect, alternative news that is Biblically correct.”

Just as soon as we are up and ready to broadcast, I will post the time and method that you can see the new program. We already have a contract with DayStar and Sky Angel nearly completed. By God’s grace, others will follow.

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the