Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:02:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  US Elections 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US Elections 2004  (Read 39077 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: September 02, 2004, 06:25:13 PM »

Can Reba spell??

TERMENATOR

Yup! She makes up her own spellings all the time!  Kiss

Reba
« Reply #301 on: September 02, 2004, 07:25:52 PM »

How do you know that?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 02, 2004, 11:43:47 PM »

Can Reba spell??

TERMENATOR

Grin  Sister, it looks good to me. Well, maybe one more "E" in place of the "A".  I usually spell it:

ENDER

Grin

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: September 03, 2004, 07:15:39 AM »

How do you know that?

Just a lucky guess!  Grin

But traditional spellings are so boring, anyway!  Grin

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 07, 2004, 09:27:52 AM »

Political Veteran
Max Cleland Survived His Vietnam War Wounds. But He Has Yet to Recover From His Last Campaign Battle.

By Peter Carlson
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, July 3, 2003; Page C01

In his new job, Max Cleland is supposed to get young people all fired up with idealistic zeal for politics, but that won't be easy. These days, Cleland, a Georgia Democrat defeated in his bid for reelection to the Senate last fall, is angry, bitter and disgusted with politics.

"The state of American politics is sickening," he says.

Cleland has come full circle. In 1963, he arrived at American University's Washington Semester Program as a naive student and left dreaming of a career in the Senate. Now, after six years in the Senate, he's back at the Washington Semester Program, this time as a "distinguished adjunct professor.''

But he lost a few things along the way. In 1968, he lost his right arm and both legs in Vietnam. Last fall, he lost his Senate seat in a campaign that became a symbol of nasty politics.

Cleland, 60, is still livid over a now-infamous TV commercial that Republican challenger Saxby Chambliss ran against him. It opened with pictures of Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein, then attacked Cleland for voting against President Bush's Homeland Security bill. It didn't mention that Cleland supported a Democratic bill that wasn't radically different.

"That was the biggest lie in America -- to put me up there with Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein and say I voted against homeland security!" he says, his voice rising in anger.

"I volunteered 35 years ago to go to Vietnam and the guy I was running against got out of going to Vietnam with a trick knee! I was an author of the homeland security bill, for goodness' sake! But I wasn't a rubber stamp for the White House. That right there is the epitome of what's wrong with American politics today!"

He's sitting in a booth in the Ruby Tuesday restaurant near his office at American University, his wheelchair leaning against a wall nearby. A salad and a glass of water sit on the table but he ignores them as he continues to vent. He's mad about the campaign but he's even madder about the war in Iraq.

Last fall, Cleland voted for the resolution authorizing President Bush to attack Iraq, but now he feels he was bamboozled.

"I voted for it because I was told by the secretary of defense and by the CIA that there were weapons of mass destruction there," he says. "The president said it, Colin Powell said it, they all said it. And now they can't find them! Our general over there, who has no dog in this fight, he said he sent troops all over the place and they found two trailers and not much of anything else. So we went to war for two trailers?"

The war in Iraq is beginning to look awfully familiar to Max Cleland.

"Now wait a minute," he says. "Let me run this back: We have a war. A bunch of Americans die. After the war, we try to figure out why we were there. There's a commitment of 240,000 ground troops with no exit strategy. You know what that's called? Vietnam! Hey, I've been there, done that, got a few holes in my T-shirt."

Support your local Christian.
Reba
« Reply #305 on: September 07, 2004, 09:38:53 AM »

More people have died from abortions then in the war. Any one who is part of the abortion crowd sounds empty when talking about the death of war.

from the democratic 2004 platform....

We will defend the dignity of all Americans against those who would undermine it. Because we
believe in the privacy and equality of women, we stand proudly for a woman's right to choose,
consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of her ability to pay. We stand firmly against
Republican efforts to undermine that right. At the same time, we strongly support family planning
and adoption incentives. Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: September 13, 2004, 07:09:46 PM »

Kerry is still an idiot even if he became a Republican!  Lips Sealed  Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 14, 2004, 01:10:57 PM »

WHEW!

Let's make all haste to:

Let the devil do whatever he wishes without resistance.

Make our country a sewer of immorality.

Encourage the lawless.

Give up our freedom of worship.

Let the terrorists roam our streets instead of Iraq's.

Continue or increase abortion.

Welcome abomination in the eyes of God as good.

NOT!

Psalms 33:12  Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: September 15, 2004, 07:47:43 AM »

Exactly!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 15, 2004, 02:53:06 PM »

Grin  WHEW!! - I think that I would have to move somewhere safer. UM?? - Sudan.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: September 15, 2004, 08:49:23 PM »

I know who I want to vote for,
Ronald Regan!!
Its a shame he went the way he did........

Luke O

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 15, 2004, 09:01:47 PM »

I'd hate to vote at all, espeically in the american system.  In the last election if a voted for Bush it'd make me feel extra guilty for all the innocent people he has killed in Iraq, don't need that burden on my shoulders.  But i happen to live in England where our government is even worse, definitly need a lot of trust to vote, and my parents always told me never to trust strangers.

anduril

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2004, 09:05:34 AM »

Sheelanagigs,

What is your view of abortion?

Wow, that's complicated.  
No its not complicated, abortion is murder, plain and simple.

I was intrested in the original topic but, I have to comment on this particular reply.

I totally 101% disagree, abortion is not murder. Let's bring up a couple scenarios;

1. A woman is raped and gets pregnant; who wants a baby from this method?
2. A woman finds out in the early stages that the fetus is not going to have a chance at a normal life; it's either got a disease or defect, etc.

It is her choice to decide what to do. She has to carry the baby to term, she has to go through major changes in her own body.

Its her body, nobody elses. Personally, being a male I don't feel I have a say on the subject however, I do have an opinion.

-=-
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 11:36:17 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: September 17, 2004, 07:38:51 AM »

1. A woman is raped and gets pregnant; who wants a baby from this method?
The couple who have tried for years and can't have one?

2. A woman finds out in the early stages that the fetus is not going to have a chance at a normal life; it's either got a disease or defect, etc.
What if a woman goes to a seer and finds out that at say, age 15, the child will be in a wheelchair from a car accident? Go ahead and abort 'just in case'? What if I find out that my husband now has a 'disease' (which he doesn't that we know of Roll Eyes) - should I just shoot him?
Personal sidenote: One of my children was expected to have birth defects from an amnio test. The same child has been labeled as 'gifted'... Roll Eyes

Its her body, nobody elses. Personally, being a male I don't feel I have a say on the subject however, I do have an opinion.
No. It's also the child's body! And there are too many instances of men not having a say in the disposal of the child that they DID want!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 11:38:34 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

anduril

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 17, 2004, 07:21:43 PM »

My question:

"1. A woman is raped and gets pregnant; who wants a baby from this method?"

sincereheart's answer:

"The couple who have tried for years and can't have one? "

Give your head a shake. This is the most awful response and the most ridiculous statement I think I have every heard in my entire life. I nearly dropped my coffee in my lap when I read it! It virtually tells a <potential> rapist that its ok to rape as the woman might not be able to have a child from her current lover/wife.

I'll bet my entire life savings and my home that you'd think different if it happened to you.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 11:39:28 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the