Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:59:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  what denomination are you?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what denomination are you?  (Read 34348 times)
spirit2

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2004, 12:34:57 PM »

what denomination are most of the people on this web site?

there must be one or two baptists or methodists here --
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 12:54:15 PM »

Hi spirit2 - welcome to C-unite.
I was raised Baptist and currently am a member of an independent charasmatic church with ties to the SBC.  But, I simply consider myself a member of Christ's body.  Smiley

The 'Debate' section is an interesting place to start this thread...  You must be expecting fireworks...  Grin
« Last Edit: April 17, 2004, 12:55:20 PM by JudgeNot » Logged

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 05:51:16 PM »

But, I simply consider myself a member of Christ's body.  Smiley
AMEN!

The 'Debate' section is an interesting place to start this thread...  You must be expecting fireworks...  Grin

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 09:13:23 PM »

Actually, not as many Baptists and Methies as you would think. Most indepent nut cas--- um... christians Grin lol j/k

I'm CEC, website on my profile.

What about you, spirit? What are you?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 03:51:43 PM »

Who started this "denomination" thing?
The Bible mentions no such entity. Only those in Christ, His body, the ecclessia, an assembly of the called by God, called by His word.

What tricks man in his own vanities play. Denominations indeed! Come out of it and be Christ's and His only!

Huh

Support your local Christian.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 05:00:18 PM »

Greetings brother Ollie,
I agree with you – that’s why I answered as I did, but I think it’s a harmless question.  We all have learned to fellowship with particular groups of people who support our individual interpretations of scripture.  Things such as pre or post tribulation, women and men’s respective places within leadership, teaching and organizational structure, communion, tongues, healing, prophesying – the list goes on and on.  I can’t believe that denominational differences take away from the “One Body of Christ” as long as we all realize and agree that there is one Body.  I can’t believe that a pre-trib person is any more or less saved than a person who believes in a post-tribulation rapture – as long as everyone agrees that Jesus is everything.
Personally I enjoy learning about denominational differences.  I feel like it makes me a better Christian to learn how my brothers and sisters of other denominations in the same faith work to glorify Him.  Some Sundays, depending on when my normal service lets out, I go to a later service at a different church – I find interdenominational fellowship exhilarating, eye-opening, and just plain fun.  Smiley

Yours in The Body of Christ,
JudgeNot

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 05:17:55 PM »

A catholic priest. Maybe you know him, he went the name of Father Martin Luther. Grin

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 05:45:04 PM »

Dear "Seinfeld" Tibby;
You're one funny guy.  A legend in your own mind...  Grin  Grin

And the Priests in 1550 Calais had NO personal doctrinal differences than, say, the Priests in 1550 Hispaniola, who had NO personal doctrinal differences than Priests in 1550 Rome.  Roll Eyes

And everyone of them followed to the letter The Ordinal
from the 1549 Book of Common Prayer.  Roll Eyes

But!  They all believed that Jesus is THE WAY!  Smiley  So did Luther, and Calvin, and... never mind - you know where I'm coming from...  I've been at c-unite long enough that you know what I will post before I do.  Wink

JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2004, 11:54:54 PM »

Sienfeild? Nah, that is more of a Bill Hicks or Lewis Black. Sienfeild would have been more:

And what is up with that Martin Luther guy! (crowd laughing for no reason) doesn’t he know they all believed that Jesus is THE WAY!  (crowd laughing at subtle sarcasm that really isn’t all that funny). Grin

But honestly, no I don’t think all the priests agreed. But they where able to put their petty differences aside (or talk it out), because they all believed that Jesus is THE WAY! There was no "Roman Catholic Church" before big marty. We were all one big, happy family. Now, we have split into different sects, like the Buddhism or Islam. Maybe I should e-mail Fr. Martin and tell him we all believe that Jesus is THE WAY! Cheesy

You're a good man, Judgenot, you really are. Maybe you should give you friend Ollie a few pointers Grin I'm joking, you're cool, too, Ollie. Grin Cool

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2004, 11:55:19 PM »

Satin.
The Bible mentions no such entity. Only those in Christ, His body, the ecclessia, an assembly of the called by God, called by His word.

This is not the only time that has had this Problem, even Paul had to fight this divesion of Christs Body.
        10   Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11   For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12   Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13   Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
14   I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
15   Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
16   And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
17   For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 03:36:02 AM »

AMEN! JudgeNot, Ollie, and Forrest.

Brother Forrest, we've been missing you. It's nice to see a post from you.

I am also a member of the BODY OF CHRIST. My little brick and mortar building I go to has no denominational affiliation. From what I have seen and read lately, denominational affiliation doesn't define what the people believe anyway. You could probably have three "XYZ" churches in town with the identical name over the door with three different sets of doctrines.

JudgeNot, you are 100% correct about pre, mid, and post tribulation rapture having nothing to do with salvation. It certainly should have nothing to do with fellowship, and it shouldn't be anything to get upset or mad over. The same would be true of many other topics. I think that Brother Ollie already said it - Satan causes the divisions.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 05:26:31 AM »

Myself I am a Bible Believer.

"...to testify the Gospel of the Grace of God." (Acts 20:24)

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2004, 09:10:46 AM »

Interesting question and as a newbie to this site, I've been wondering the same.

I personally attend a church that is completely, 100% non-denominational.

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2004, 10:55:11 AM »

Greetings brother Ollie,
I agree with you – that’s why I answered as I did, but I think it’s a harmless question.  We all have learned to fellowship with particular groups of people who support our individual interpretations of scripture.  Things such as pre or post tribulation, women and men’s respective places within leadership, teaching and organizational structure, communion, tongues, healing, prophesying – the list goes on and on.  I can’t believe that denominational differences take away from the “One Body of Christ” as long as we all realize and agree that there is one Body.  I can’t believe that a pre-trib person is any more or less saved than a person who believes in a post-tribulation rapture – as long as everyone agrees that Jesus is everything.
Personally I enjoy learning about denominational differences.  I feel like it makes me a better Christian to learn how my brothers and sisters of other denominations in the same faith work to glorify Him.  Some Sundays, depending on when my normal service lets out, I go to a later service at a different church – I find interdenominational fellowship exhilarating, eye-opening, and just plain fun.  Smiley

Yours in The Body of Christ,
JudgeNot

Excellent post, JudgeNot!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2004, 12:37:23 PM »

I feel like it makes me a better Christian to learn how my brothers and sisters of other denominations in the same faith work to glorify Him.

AMEN!!  I find that when I try and look at things from other perspectives that I grow.  And not always do I end up going their way.  Often, I end up further grounded in why I believe what I believe.  I don't just believe because I'm told to.  I believe because I've asked God "why", in faith, and have been taught.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the