Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:26:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  what denomination are you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what denomination are you?  (Read 34361 times)
kainos_Ktisis

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2008, 02:49:03 PM »

what denomination are most of the people on this web site?

there must be one or two baptists or methodists here --

I am new here in the forum, God Bless to all. My denomination?  My username is my denomination. Wink
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2008, 03:11:57 PM »

Amen!

2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
preachervern

Victory In Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »

My family were all Baptist and so was I untill God called me to Preach, and then I had to leave the church so I could preach his word.
Now I am just a child of the king, a solider in his Army going into this world and telling folks what Jesus has done for me.
JCISGD

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2009, 09:16:09 PM »

Smiley just a late entry from a newbie, i read the first page but skipped to here so, 70x7  Tongue if i tread on any toes.

A denomination is just a name, its whats inside that counts. I used to dislike the use of names untill i saw that a name allows me to know where an idea or statement had originated from, and therefore who should be accredited or discredited.
Paul said "follow me as i follow Christ", and in my walk i have learnt that some names teach things that are bettter avoided and others are helpful. However if i repeat their teaching, it is dishonest if i do not also give credit to the author.

I.E A famous preacher/revivalist proved by his theology (sin is voluntary), his ministry (1/2 million souls won) and life (blameless till death), that God will and does send revival when we fulfill His conditions 2 chron 7:14, and so i now trust the name of this preacher. But others also who teach that sin is inherited from Adam (i.e born sinful), and sin reigns in their churches, ministries and lives, those i have learnt to avoid unless they are open to repentance.

So you see names are useful and sometimes those that wish to remain anominous just want to hide behind their anomiity. " he who seperates himself wants to go his own way" Proverbs.... sorry cant remember where it is.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2009, 09:33:15 PM »

I.E A famous preacher/revivalist proved by his theology (sin is voluntary), his ministry (1/2 million souls won) and life (blameless till death), that God will and does send revival when we fulfill His conditions 2 chron 7:14, and so i now trust the name of this preacher. But others also who teach that sin is inherited from Adam (i.e born sinful), and sin reigns in their churches, ministries and lives, those i have learnt to avoid unless they are open to repentance.

Hello JCISGD,

I don't pay much attention to what men teach because GOD'S WORD is the only truth. In the situation you're talking about, GOD'S WORD is very clear in many portions of Scripture about sin. It wouldn't be the teaching of man, rather the teaching of GOD. As a sample, you might want to read Romans 5. All men sin and all men are born under the curse of sin and death. This is the inheritance from Adam, and GOD'S WORD makes this exceptionally clear. No man has any righteousness of his own, and this is just one reason why we are in desperate need of a LORD and SAVIOUR.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 1:8-10 NASB  8  If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.  9  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  10  If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2009, 09:33:52 PM »

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

JCISGD

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2009, 09:54:27 PM »

Hi Tim, thanks for the welcome on other post.

The proof is in the taste(fruit) of the pudding, not in the looks (various interpretations of it).

Every man thinks they interperet the scriptures correctly, but truth is proven by her children. If we deny the teaching that produced the fruit, then we will be ever reinventing the wheel.
Im not talking about so called numbers of salvations, but genuine revival, where sinners in the work place and taverns felt the conviction of sin without any preacher, and crawled into churches to find relief and obtained peace with God through Jesus Christ.
Im talking about whole cities being 80 % converted to God, and taverns, dance halls, theatres and police were out of work due to lack of demand, not through protest or law enforcement.

Please dont think you convince anyone by quoting scripture alone. True all scripture is God breathed and useful for teaching and correction, but quoting does not prove it has been rightly divided. God bless. Arthur
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2009, 10:16:08 PM »

Hi Tim, thanks for the welcome on other post.

The proof is in the taste(fruit) of the pudding, not in the looks (various interpretations of it).

Every man thinks they interperet the scriptures correctly, but truth is proven by her children. If we deny the teaching that produced the fruit, then we will be ever reinventing the wheel.
Im not talking about so called numbers of salvations, but genuine revival, where sinners in the work place and taverns felt the conviction of sin without any preacher, and crawled into churches to find relief and obtained peace with God through Jesus Christ.
Im talking about whole cities being 80 % converted to God, and taverns, dance halls, theatres and police were out of work due to lack of demand, not through protest or law enforcement.

Please dont think you convince anyone by quoting scripture alone. True all scripture is God breathed and useful for teaching and correction, but quoting does not prove it has been rightly divided. God bless. Arthur

This isn't a matter of rightly dividing or interpretation, rather a clear and bold message from GOD'S WORD. The only way it could be different would be to throw out GOD'S WORD and use something in the place of the Bible. You might want to read Genesis 3 for a start. Again, I'm not interested in the teachings of men, especially when GOD'S WORD is so blunt and clear on so many issues. This is one of those issues. I could give you a large list of exceptionally clear portions of Scripture, but it doesn't appear that's what you want. I'll believe the Bible, but you're welcome to believe whatever you want to. If you want other portions of Scripture, just ask.

2 Corinthians 4:1-18 ASV  1  Therefore seeing we have this ministry, even as we obtained mercy, we faint not:  2  but we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.  3  And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled in them that perish:  4  in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn upon them.  5  For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.  6  Seeing it is God, that said, Light shall shine out of darkness, who shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.  7  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves;  8  we are pressed on every side, yet not straitened; perplexed, yet not unto despair;  9  pursued, yet not forsaken; smitten down, yet not destroyed;  10  always bearing about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our body.  11  For we who live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh.  12  So then death worketh in us, but life in you.  13  But having the same spirit of faith, according to that which is written, I believed, and therefore did I speak; we also believe, and therefore also we speak;  14  knowing that he that raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also with Jesus, and shall present us with you.  15  For all things are for your sakes, that the grace, being multiplied through the many, may cause the thanksgiving to abound unto the glory of God.  16  Wherefore we faint not; but though our outward man is decaying, yet our inward man is renewed day by day.  17  For our light affliction, which is for the moment, worketh for us more and more exceedingly an eternal weight of glory;  18  while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

margalicious

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2009, 05:52:41 AM »

Baptist. I was raised with a baptist church.
I grew up attending Sunday school.
And I believe that we have a great discipline.

seasquall

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2009, 05:43:54 PM »

Greetings in Christ Jesus,

Colossians 2: 8

1st Corinthians 13.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2009, 10:58:14 PM »

Hello Seasquall,

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward to having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2009, 09:32:31 AM »

Hi seasquall, and welcome to Christians Unite forum.

seasquall

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2009, 09:30:24 PM »

Thank you for the welcome, Dream & Tom. I'll be getting involved in the discussions as much as time allows. Again, appreciate the welcome.
May Christ be your path.
   Greg

1st Corinthians 13.
Sherri

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2010, 09:13:26 PM »

Brother JudgeNot,

Grin  I got it. I'm only allowed to sing in the shower when nobody is home. Then, the dogs are the only ones that complain. They even sometimes join in.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Do you lip-sync in church like me?

I've recently joined a Mennonite church. Very bible based, lots of love for The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and each other.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2010, 10:33:51 PM »

Do you lip-sync in church like me?

I've recently joined a Mennonite church. Very bible based, lots of love for The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and each other.

I just don't sing very loud. I was actually kidding some and don't believe that I sing all that bad.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the