Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:09:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  what denomination are you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what denomination are you?  (Read 34329 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2004, 12:39:01 PM »

BTW...I'm a independant, fundamental, militant, separatist, evangelical, orthodox Bapticostal.

Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

BTW...I'm a independant, fundamental, militant, separatist, evangelical, orthodox Bapticostal.

Yikes!  Sounds like a cult!

Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Nickolai

Eastern Orthodoxy is Awesome

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2004, 03:15:08 PM »

I belong to no denomination.  I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian.  
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2004, 03:51:58 PM »

Yikes!  Sounds like a cult!

Grin

Naaah.  The cultists would be the independant, fundamental, militant, separatist, neo-evangelical, orthodox Bapticostals.   Grin Cheesy

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2004, 05:52:43 PM »

Sorry Nick - if it has a name that sets it apart from everyone else, it is a denomination.  (Isn't it?Huh)

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2004, 05:55:49 PM »

The cultists would be the independant, fundamental, militant, separatist, neo-evangelical, orthodox Bapticostals.  

Oooohhh!  Sorry!  I must be slightly dyslexic...

(Or is that ylthgils cixelsyd?Huh)

Grin

JPD
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2004, 06:02:12 PM »

Remove "Eastern Orthodox" from in front of Christian and the denominator is gone.

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2004, 06:13:11 PM »

Who started this "denomination" thing?

A catholic priest. Maybe you know him, he went the name of Father Martin Luther. Grin
It was not Martin as he pleaded with his followers to wear Christ's name and to God give the glory, not his name or to glorify the man Luther. Well we know how that turned out. Do we not?

However it probably was not the Lutherans that coined the phrase, "denomination".

« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 06:40:53 PM by ollie » Logged

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2004, 06:39:19 PM »

Greetings brother Ollie,
I agree with you – that’s why I answered as I did, but I think it’s a harmless question.  We all have learned to fellowship with particular groups of people who support our individual interpretations of scripture.  Things such as pre or post tribulation, women and men’s respective places within leadership, teaching and organizational structure, communion, tongues, healing, prophesying – the list goes on and on.  I can’t believe that denominational differences take away from the “One Body of Christ” as long as we all realize and agree that there is one Body.  I can’t believe that a pre-trib person is any more or less saved than a person who believes in a post-tribulation rapture – as long as everyone agrees that Jesus is everything.
Personally I enjoy learning about denominational differences.  I feel like it makes me a better Christian to learn how my brothers and sisters of other denominations in the same faith work to glorify Him.  Some Sundays, depending on when my normal service lets out, I go to a later service at a different church – I find interdenominational fellowship exhilarating, eye-opening, and just plain fun.  Smiley

Yours in The Body of Christ,
JudgeNot

Very difficult to understand all this denominating thing and being identified with all kinds of names other than the saviour Jesus Christ and being known as "Christian" and "Christian" only rather than adding other names to this identity.

I understand what you are saying in your post. I have done much of the same in my search and studies. However it turns me off when someone says, "I am Lutheran", I am Baptist", or "I am Methodist", or "I am Roman Catholic", or "I am Orthodox", etc. etc.. Why not just Christ's. Christians are not of these man's identities. God does not reveal this. Why not identify with our Christ and Him only. So my search is for those congregations that only identify with Jesus Christ and are members of His body, "Christians" only with the Bible as their only revealed complete authority from God.

However God and His Christ will make the final judgements, so I make no judgements on those that identify and wear men's names as they do believe in Jesus Christ which is the faith that saves and it is by their fruits that they are known and rewarded by their works.

The Bible teaches that all the Glory should be to God through His Son, Jesus Christ. In everything we do, say, and think.
Therefore denominating is hard to fathom in thought.

Thanks for your reply.

In Christian love,
Ollie

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2004, 07:51:12 PM »

AMEN BROTHER OLLIE!

You said it in a beautiful and Biblical way. Thank you Brother.

Love In Christ,
Tom

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2004, 10:24:50 PM »

Ollie - I read you and understand fully, and as I said, I agree.
(But I won't change a word of my post.)  Smiley

I will not tune someone out or ignore them or not fellowship with them because they personally identify with Baptists or with Catholics.  I don't introduce myself as anything but a Christian, but if someone else does I won't condemn them (not that you have - I've never read anything you've written that condemns anyone).
However, I don't believe "one church" will be truly "one church" until we are living in His theocracy.  (Which can't be too soon for me!)

JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2004, 12:09:04 AM »

Brother JudgeNot,

I think that you and Ollie are both singing the same tune, just on a different key. I know that neither one of you would tune someone out because they claimed to belong to a certain denomination. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think that you are saying brothers and sisters of various denominations can fellowship together, regardless of differences, if they have Jesus Christ in their heart as their Lord and Saviour. I think that Ollie is saying if we have Jesus Christ in our heart as our Lord and Saviour, we don't have any differences.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Angel123

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2004, 12:29:35 AM »

I was raised as a baptiist.I have been an Evangelis for
seven years.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2004, 10:00:07 AM »

I think that you and Ollie are both singing the same tune, just on a different key.

I always was tone deaf...  I can't even carry a harmonica in my pocket. (Carry a tune - get it?)   Grin

The reason everyone at the church I attend worships so loudly is to drown me out...

JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2004, 12:02:47 PM »

Brother JudgeNot,

Grin  I got it. I'm only allowed to sing in the shower when nobody is home. Then, the dogs are the only ones that complain. They even sometimes join in.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the