Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:53:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286795 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Great Tribulation: What is it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Great Tribulation: What is it?  (Read 15680 times)
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2004, 07:11:25 PM »

The coin

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2004, 07:11:45 PM »

They show for me.  Try right clicking on them and then click "show image"

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2004, 07:13:20 PM »

No go for me... Sad

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2004, 07:18:47 PM »

Cry  can anyone else see those images?

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2004, 07:35:42 PM »

I found another source Jabez....however the middle image I cannot.  Until I find another for that one I will leave it as is.  Let me know if these work.

Tim

Reba
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2004, 08:09:20 PM »

They were raptured  Smiley
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2004, 09:07:00 PM »

Yes i see the 2..

The Crusader
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2004, 04:03:56 AM »

Yes i see the 2..

I see, I see
Reba
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2004, 10:18:23 AM »

I see, I see

It's about time  Grin  hehe
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2004, 12:44:01 PM »

It's about time    hehe

Grin

Tim

lpaisan

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2004, 09:43:39 PM »

I asked this question in the apologetics page and have not received a solid answer.  What is the Biblical basis for the seven year tribulation?  This tract above is all theoretical if the basis for the tribulation is not established.
I agree with you The_end, once again people are focusing in Isarel when Israel have nothing to do anymore with Bible prophecy as direct as it did on the 70 weeks or 490 years of opportunity given to them by the Lord through the prophet Daniel.  And to have it more clear those who are to be the remnant of the Lord will not by any means removed from the earth. That's why in Revelation 7 it is said that that final destruction will not fall upon the earth until the servants of the living God had been seal with the His Seal.

Lpaisan

"Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds"
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2004, 09:24:33 AM »

I asked this question in the apologetics page and have not received a solid answer.  What is the Biblical basis for the seven year tribulation?  This tract above is all theoretical if the basis for the tribulation is not established.
I agree with you The_end, once again people are focusing in Isarel when Israel have nothing to do anymore with Bible prophecy as direct as it did on the 70 weeks or 490 years of opportunity given to them by the Lord through the prophet Daniel.  And to have it more clear those who are to be the remnant of the Lord will not by any means removed from the earth. That's why in Revelation 7 it is said that that final destruction will not fall upon the earth until the servants of the living God had been seal with the His Seal.

Lpaisan

And who are those sealed in Revelation?

Rev 7:4  And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel

Again missing the plain text of Gods word.

Notice carefully what is written here...

Eze 38:8  After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Behold, a restored nation after they had been gathered out of many people, and back from the sword to their promised land.

Here again is God breathed scripture describing ENDTIME events and speaking of who?  Thats right, the nation of Israel!

Zec 12:8  In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.
Zec 12:9  And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
Zec 12:10  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.  

Zec 14:4  And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

This event is certainly not anywhere to be found in history.  Thats because it happens at the end.   Notice who it happens to...The house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem.   I included chp 14:4 just to be clear as to the geographical location.

Clearly Israel is significantly involved in a major way in endtime prophecy.  Not my words, his!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2004, 06:54:04 PM »

for the "rapture folks",  where does it say in the Bible that Jesus takes people back to Heaven with Him?   Where is this crystal clear statement?   thank you!

Joh 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Crystal clear!

Tim

Reba
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2004, 09:43:40 PM »

John 14 1-3

Are some of the best verses to "Strongs" every word of. The formatt at esword makes this very simple to do.

Strongs= look up every posibility search every word.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2004, 05:32:09 AM »

That interval of time which separates the removal of the Church from the earth and the return of Christ to earth is designated by various descriptions in the Word of God. Isaiah calls it the day of vengeance (Isaiah 61:2). Jeremiah calls it the time of Jacobs trouble (Jeremiah 30:7). It is called the great day of the Lord in Zephaniah 1:14, and a time of trouble in Daniel 12:1. The Lord Jesus calls it the Great Tribulation in Matthew 24:21 and Mark 13:19-20.

For then shall great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, nor ever shall be’ (Matthew 24:21).

The Tribulation is quite different from “tribulation” The word itself literally “to trash,” “to crush.” It carries with it the thought of sorrow and suffering and affliction. Most people some time in life suffer various forms of “tribulation.” (See
Job 14:1, John 16:33, Romans 12:12) But the period of time designated as Great Tribula-tion (or The Great Tribulation. Rev. 7:14) is more personal affliction or individual sorrow. It is a definite, specific period in which certain events will take place.

The Great Tribulation is always either directly started or specifically  indicated  as  being connected with Israel. In Jeremiah 30:7 it is called the Time of Jacob’s Trouble. Why Jacob? It is because of something  that happened in Jacob’s life that foreshadowed this tribulation time. It goes back to the night of Jacob’s trouble in Genesis 32:24-30. After some twenty years of exile, Jacob was about to return to his own land. He had reached the border when he heard of Esau’s plan to come and meet him with an army of men. Hearing of this Jacob became afraid and distressed. Through the night he cried to God for deliver-ance. He pleaded for mercy in his hour of crisis.

It was in this night of suffering and anguish that the Lord in mercy changed his name from Jacob to Israel. It was here that God showed more than mercy. He extended grace. For the name Israel means ‘a prince with God.’ So there will come a time when the nation Israel will be in similar circumstances of fear and distress. It will be the time of Jacob’s trouble, the hour of crisis for the nation Israel, The Great Tribulation.

It may not arrive until Israel returns to the Land. But is must come upon Israel before that nation enters into the millennial king-dom. And then during this time of crisis the Anti-Christ will strike fear into the hearts of the nation Israel, as did Esau to the man Israel long ago. And then Israel will cry to God (Matthew 6:13), and it is then that God will show mercy and grace to them. (Romans 11).

All this is yet future. It did not occur at the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70 as some erroneously believe. At that time Israel was driven out of the land and scattered. They were not ‘saved’ not ‘delivered,’ but literally lost in the sea of nations. But at the close of the Tribulation time there shall come a ‘Deliverer,’ the Lord Jesus Christ. ‘And so all Israel shall be saved.’ (Romans 11:26).

The great Tribulation is imminent. It will be the most terrible time in all man's history. 'There shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation.' (Daniel 12:1) 'For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation.' (Mark 13:19; Matthew 24:21) Now is the day of salvation!
Dr. Henry Grube

Dr. Henry Grube was pastor of Greystone Bible Church; he went home to be with LORD in 1968.
=================================
Should this devotional be a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or family member that would like to start receiving the daily word. You may forward this to them, by copy and paste method,  and they can use the below link to subscribe. We love to meet new people

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

E-Mail GracentheTruth@aol.com

2 Tim 2:15  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a  workman  that needeth  not  to  be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Good teaching, AMEN!!!!

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the