Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:01:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Great Tribulation: What is it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Great Tribulation: What is it?  (Read 15707 times)
Reba
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2004, 11:57:19 AM »

What signs and wonders accompanied His assention?
Reba
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2004, 12:00:16 PM »

Mark13:28
Now learn a parable of the1 (fig tree); When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29-So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30-Verily I say unto you, that this 2generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

1-I beleive is Israel,which became a nation in 1948 and became full during a 6 day war which they got the rest of there land.(1968 i beleive)

2-Generation which generation i wonder?Could be the 1948 or the 1968?

They got the rest of their land?

Gen 15:18

18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
KJV

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2004, 12:00:29 PM »

Ummm, the two angels asking why they were gazing up into the sky?

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2004, 01:30:48 PM »

Quote from: Jabez on Today at 10:43:10am
Mark13:28
Now learn a parable of the1 (fig tree); When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29-So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30-Verily I say unto you, that this 2generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

1-I beleive is Israel,which became a nation in 1948 and became full during a 6 day war which they got the rest of there land.(1968 i beleive)

2-Generation which generation i wonder?Could be the 1948 or the 1968?

Jabez,

I have heard this proposition before about the parable of the fig tree.  It does make sense, but I myself cannot say for sure it was not a reference to what took place in 70 AD.

Never-the-less, there is no question about the other signs Jesus spoke of.  These things are all happening today and have been for some time.  For me, Israel being restored in 1948 seems rather significant.  Israel, a little tiny piece of land with no significant, tactical, or resource value, has all the world powers clamering over its peace accord with PLO.  Late news about Israel pulling up outposts in Judea is startling when viewed against Matt. 24:15-21  This is the very area that will be immediately affected when the greatest tribulation ever seen on earth begins according to Jesus.   Of course, the one missing thing is the temple in Jerusalem.   I know they have building plans for a new temple and are even training priest to perform the old sacrificial rituals.  There is still some question about its exact location in regards to the Dome of the Rock.  But If I hear talk about starting construction of this, I really will be in the back yard practising rapture takeoff.   Cheesy   I think its a little ways off yet, but this and vagueries in the current geopolitical landscape in Israel and the EU are starting to look more and more like things described in Daniel's vision and bible prophecy.   I continue to watch very carefully things happening in Europe and the Middle East.  Might be many years away still, and it might be closer than we think.  

All we can do is keep on with the Lords work like it wont be for another 100 years, and live our lifes like it could be tomorrow.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2004, 02:04:41 PM »

absolutely!One other thing,did you notice the symbol the EU is useing?

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2004, 02:08:14 PM »

Yes I have.  Very startling when compared to Rev 17.  Somehow I don't believe that is a coincedence

Grace and Peace!

Tim

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2004, 02:44:51 PM »

The EU symbol - do you mean the flag with 12 stars in a circle Huh

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2004, 05:18:32 PM »

Thats part of it i beleive.Hey 2nd Timothy do you have any pictures of there symbols?

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2004, 06:05:09 PM »

All i could find...

And this which is interesting...Tower of Babel?

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2004, 06:10:45 PM »

Thats part of it i beleive.Hey 2nd Timothy do you have any pictures of there symbols?  

Posted by: JudgeNot  Posted on: Today at 01:44:51pm  
The EU symbol - do you mean the flag with 12 stars in a circle  

Yes I have these images saved on my HD.  I don't believe there is way to UL them to the forum though.  If there is let me know.

JudgeNot, there are a few images the EU use to symbolize themselves with, as a woman riding a bull.  The imagery is derived from the mythilogical story of Zeus and Europa.  Zeus being a god who abducts Europa by taking on the form of a bull.   Europa.com is the very name is the EU homepage website.   Greece minted a coin depicting this very scene of Europa riding the Bull.  A popular German magazine had an issue that shows scantily clad woman, riding the Bull carrying the EU flag.   There is also a sculpture outside the ministry office in brussles of ?  You guessed it!  A woman riding the mythological Bull Zues.   Not that it means a whole lot, but clearly the EU has a strange facination of scantily clad women riding bulls...lol  Reading Revelation 17 and John's description of a harlot riding a beast, its not hard to see a resemblance.   NOT that this is what he saw, but I for one don't think its coincidence.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2004, 06:13:31 PM »

Do you have icq or msn or anything 2nd Timothy?I have some web space you could upload them too.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2004, 06:32:14 PM »

No I don't Jabez....I'm trying to locate the original resource...give me a minute of two

Tim

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2004, 06:38:41 PM »

ok

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2004, 06:55:15 PM »

A cover from a popular german magazine der spiegle.  I went to Alta's free translator and got this..."Good morning Europe, like the old continent the economic energy, which tackles (attacks) the USA." or something to that affect.

Supposedly a cover that appeared on Time Magazine, although I have not been able to confirm this.

A sculpture right outside the ministries office in brussles

Stunning!

Edit to add. --->  If this is a coincedence, it is bizzare to say the least that the EU would use such imagery to identify itself with.  The coin minted in Greece which I did not post, shows the same woman riding the bull.  The known description about the coin goes into detail about how Zeus abducted Europa.  Europa is considered to be modern day Europe and in fact is the name of their official web site.  My question is, is the EU under persuation of this so called god Europa?   Greek mythology comes from no other than Babylonia where mythology and study of the stars and astrology originates from.

These may mean nothing, but its hard to ignore the resemblance.

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 07:33:17 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2004, 07:08:05 PM »

The images didnt show...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the