Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:20:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Great Tribulation: What is it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Great Tribulation: What is it?  (Read 15647 times)
Reba
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2004, 06:31:33 PM »

Amen Ollie   Smiley
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2004, 08:50:13 PM »

Very interesting stuff, Tim. I will look into it more. I'm not the Esca-buff in this neck of the woods, But I'll have to bring your point up to him next time I see him.

Haha, I've seen that rapture smiley so many times, and still never noticed it. Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2004, 09:00:06 PM »

Haha, I've seen that rapture smiley so many times, and still never noticed it.

That would be known as 'triple tasking'; smiling, waving and being raptured all at the same time.

Jesus said "...no man shall know the time..." but I'm beginning to think Tim knows something we don't - how else would he know to smile and wave 'goodby' at the exact second of '...in the twinkling of an eye..."HuhHuh  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2004, 09:43:47 PM »

Judge   while in the City ... stand on the corner waving good bye  with a dumb smile on your face  ... ya never know and you'll fit right in.....
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2004, 10:50:43 PM »

Judge  while in the City ... stand on the corner waving good bye  with a dumb smile on your face  

LOL ten times over!  That would be me!!!!!  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

(I'd be the one screaming "Heterophobic!" as they stone me!")  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2004, 03:33:45 AM »

Hey guys,

2 Timothy 2:11.  It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
12.  If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

One word.  SHALL used twice in the above verses.

We SHALL also live WITH him.  We SHALL also reign WITH HIM.   I am not arguing that God does not reign.  I agree he has all power given to him, but the early state of man and the earth in Genesis has not yet been restored.  We SHALL reigh and RULE with him over the earth.  We do not rule over the earth at present.  Greater is he that is IN me than HE that is IN the world.  The gates of hell do not prevail against us his church, and we seek to spread his gospel where hells gates will not stand against us. (Gates stand and protect, they do not attack).  The world is in total chaos at present.  The Lord is not the author of confusion.  When he reigns and rules over the earth in the end all this will cease.  No death, no sorrow, no pain, all these will pass away.   If anyone believes this is the current state of the world, sombody please pinch me!  

Isa 11:4  But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
Isa 11:5  And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
Isa 11:6  The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7  And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

The perfect nature that was GOOD in Genesis chapter 1 will be restored.  This does not happen until the end of Revelation, which is the whole theme of scripture.  Bringing us back to the fullness of God where we can live and rejoice in his physical presense without sin.   Death and the Grave still reign over our physical bodies until we put on incorruption.   That is our destiny!

1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55  O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Those who live in Christ are assured this promise....the blessed hope.  We havent put on incorruption yet.  We are still under deaths physical curse, and still go to the grave when we die physically.  This all changes when God reigns with man on the earth.

Rev 20:14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

The 2 final enemies are defeated and cast into the lake of fire.

Rev 21:3  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Praise God!   Christ has all power given to him, and these enemies will finally be put under his feat.  But this has not happened yet and certainly not in 70 AD.

Earth is yet wicked, and is still ruled by Satan.

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I'm not making this stuff up.   Smiley  Its all in scripture.  

Let me just say for clarity in case some misunderstand me.  I believe that Jesus has all power given him, and that he reigns forever.  Salvation is ours who believe in him.   But the world is still in sin.  Not us!  These things will be dealt with at future time.  

1Co 15:25  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

I'm just saying that these did not happen in 70 AD as it relates to the term "shortly" used in Revelation.

We are still waiting for our glorified bodies and the new heaven and new earth.

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 06:03:53 AM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2004, 04:17:16 AM »

Very interesting stuff, Tim. I will look into it more. I'm not the Esca-buff in this neck of the woods, But I'll have to bring your point up to him next time I see him.

Haha, I've seen that rapture smiley so many times, and still never noticed it. Grin

Tibby,

From the time I was about 7, I was facinated with the return of Christ.  Bible prophecies are facinating when you start to dig into it.  About one third of the Bible is prophetic, and yet 80% of that has yet to be fulfilled.   All of the messianic prophecies were fulfilled with 100% accuracy.  Like most on this board, I believe Gods word is true, and the rest of these things must come to pass just as they are written.

I was trying to find a nice signature image.  I came accross the rapture smiley and thought it was cute.   I wanted to put it where my name is but couldn't figure out how.

JudgeNot
Jesus said "...no man shall know the time..." but I'm beginning to think Tim knows something we don't - how else would he know to smile and wave 'goodby' at the exact second of '...in the twinkling of an eye..."HuhHuh  

LOL.  No, I would never try to set dates JN.  Jesus did say we would not know the day nor the hour.  I know a lot of people try to set dates for the Lords return, but I totally disagree.  Jesus gave us signs to watch for however (even commanded us to watch), so thats all I do.   I trust Gods timing and believe things will happen just as he said they would.

And no I dont stand in the backyard jumping up with hands raised practising rapture liftoff..... Cheesy  lol

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Reba
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2004, 10:13:17 AM »

And no I dont stand in the backyard jumping up with hands raised practising rapture liftoff.....   lol

SURE
[/b]
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2004, 11:04:27 AM »

And no I dont stand in the backyard jumping up with hands raised practising rapture liftoff.....   lol

SURE
[/b]

ROFL  Ever hear of 8 min abbs?  How bout twinkling of an eye Raptureaerobics!  The neighbors will be amazed!

OK all together now...

Loose weight and put on incorruption all at the same Time!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 11:06:26 AM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Reba
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2004, 11:13:33 AM »

And not one is 'left behind" ?

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2004, 11:23:33 AM »

Haha, I've seen that rapture smiley so many times, and still never noticed it.

That would be known as 'triple tasking'; smiling, waving and being raptured all at the same time.

Jesus said "...no man shall know the time..." but I'm beginning to think Tim knows something we don't - how else would he know to smile and wave 'goodby' at the exact second of '...in the twinkling of an eye..."HuhHuh  Grin

Matthew 16
1-The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
2-He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
3-And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

We may not know the hour or day,but i beleive we will know the season.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 11:38:30 AM by Jabez » Logged

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2004, 11:25:54 AM »

And not one is 'left behind" ?

No way!  All my smiley's are pre-trib   Grin  j/k

Tim

Reba
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2004, 11:38:15 AM »

I dont know if i can put this in words....

Rapture we all say we go UPin rapture meaning to the clouds sky etc. The earth is a ball hanging around in space.... now picture the ball Christians from all over earth  going UP?
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2004, 11:43:10 AM »

Mark13:28
Now learn a parable of the1 (fig tree); When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29-So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30-Verily I say unto you, that this 2generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

1-I beleive is Israel,which became a nation in 1948 and became full during a 6 day war which they got the rest of there land.(1968 i beleive)

2-Generation which generation i wonder?Could be the 1948 or the 1968?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 11:46:28 AM by Jabez » Logged

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2004, 11:51:18 AM »

I dont know if i can put this in words....

Rapture we all say we go UPin rapture meaning to the clouds sky etc. The earth is a ball hanging around in space.... now picture the ball Christians from all over earth  going UP?

Well, all I can offer is...

1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I guess the same applies to the Lord decending.  Which way in space is up towards heaven, which decends from?   I don't know!  certainly people saw Jesus litterally ascend into heaven in Acts.

Act 1:9  And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Act 1:10  And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11  Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

This same Jesus shall come again in like manner, as they saw him taken up.   From these verses I will leave the problem of which way is up for him.  All we are told is, we will meet him in the air, and it will happen in a like manner to him leaving the first time.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the