Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:33:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Could you pray for me?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could you pray for me?  (Read 17671 times)
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2003, 11:54:49 PM »

Oh, Emma, you don't want to make an eternal mistake. Forever is a long time to regret it.

Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2003, 10:51:44 AM »

It didn't work, so I'm back, Whitehorse. Just landed me in hospital for a couple of days.

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2003, 05:46:58 PM »

Emma, this is a situation that needs to be addressed. There's nothing you're hanging onto that's worth that. You think you'd be getting rest from pain, but you'd just be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Only this time there'd be no way out, ever. No second chance, ever. I think it's time to let go of the pain and start letting yourself heal. It's time to start embracing that faith.

Do you want to talk about what happened?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2003, 06:54:24 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy To Broken,

I'm having big computer problems, so I haven't be on in the last couple of days.

I want you to do yourself a favor. Please do this. Sit down in total quiet and relax for a few minutes. Think about your senses and using them to their full potential (i.e. sight, smell, touch, hearing). Wait until you have proper time to get completely relaxed and take a long walk. The walk is supposed to be an opportunity to enjoy the handiwork of Almighty God, to have a purpose in stopping, looking, touching, smelling, hearing, etc. Examine everything carefully with all of your senses and take your time. It should be the time of the year when things are blooming and life has emerged. Maybe an early evening time would be good, close to sunset. The primary purpose for the walk is to pay very close attention to many things that most people take for granted, the hard evidence of Almighty God's creation.

Don't neglect anything. Stop, look, listen, smell, touch, and glory at the majesty that surrounds you. If you do, you will see and experience absolute proof of Almighty God. Stop and don't walk by anything. Soak in everything and enjoy it. Think about how you might have felt little appreciation for all of the beauty and wonder that was always there.

Jesus has also been there all the time, and you may not have stopped to appreciate HIM. The beauty and majesty of Jesus puts everything else to shame, and HE is there with you. You can talk with HIM. Gaze into the sky and wonder how many things you have walked by and ignored. People will return this neglect, but Jesus is always ready to walk with you. Are many of the answers you are looking for in your very presence already? Have you neglected and ignored the answers for your life? Slow down, stop, listen, feel, and think about the answers that are within your reach. If your walks, thoughts, and solitude take days or weeks, do it.

I'll be praying for you.

In Christ.

Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2003, 07:02:19 AM »

I will certainly be praying for you Broken.  Depression is not of Father God.  He gives us the Fruit of joy!  Be kind to yourself. Believe and trust.  Ask Father to take control of your life.  You need alot of love and T.L.C. right now!
Love..Tamara.
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2003, 10:43:41 AM »

I was wondering whether you could pray for me. I'm not sure whether I've got any faith at all, sometimes I believe and sometimes I just can't, however much I want to.

I'm suffering from clinical depression, having to take lots of medications which aren't working, and I've been self-injuring for some years now too. Could you please pray for strength for me? Its all getting too much for me.

Cry
Broken,
       I am sorry that I hadn't read this sooner. This is going to be a difficult post for me, cause I'm going to share with you the hurts that have caused me to be self abusive as well. I don't usually share to much, the fact that I am living ubove those things,shame, and mistrust all play a part.
     You've open up and shared a deep need. I've not read any others responses to you so this will repeat probably. But I want this to be of God so......
      Self harm can be cause by your depression, depression can be caused by deep hurts and the lack of control you feel from past hurts. So what ever caused this, its a way of controling your own pain, its like I've been hurt by others,,,, but NOW I'm in control and they aren't..... my past hurts were caused by physical, emotional, and sex abuse by family and step family members. It all began at such an early age for me that I can't remember a time when it did exist. But I do recall the age I was when I realized it wasn't "normal" and I begin to fight back, so you can imagine the wars I had as a 12 yr old, with my step uncle, and step dad.  The Lord was with me or I'd be dead for sure. There is a greater calling on our lives friend.....do you know and believe that?
      Its hard to believe that ANYONE would want to love or care for us. Let alone die for us. WHAT had I ever done to deserve Jesus, and all that. I was worthless, hated myself, full of fear (I still battle that). Felt responsilbe, hearing the constant words this is your fault, you caused it......I suppose it is a brain washing tech from my abusers, but I was doing it to myself as well.  
      Its like 2 voices in your head, your no good, and yes you are good. The cartoon of the little devil on one shoulder, and the angel on the other is how I describe this. Stress doesn't help, day to day situations that are beyond your control.....there a lot of "good" excuses too. The best way I can handle this is not allow myself any self pity. That is hard, dont let myself go there, in my head so to speak. And keep myself busy when those times come up. PRAY even when you feel worthless, and not even sure your being heard. DON'T be alone, that seesm to bring it all the the forefront. SO maybe you can go for a walk, start a good book, go to the gym, something that is a diversion for you. Have a little vicotry party when you able to maintain a few days, then a few more days, until you find yourself free of that self inflicted misery of guilt. And if you break over then forgive yourself and begin again. With day one, or hour one, how ever you have to do, DON"T let the devil have any fun tempting you, cause once he sees you gaining victory then something comes up and old habits die hard, and most def don't let him have any glory when you aren't able, if you stumble and fall forgive yourself.....make yourself if you have to PRAY, begin again.
      Medication? DO you take any? I have anti depressants to take, you have to take them. God has given us wise men and women to help with medication. so Don't feel like its a cope out......been there and done that too. Do you have someone to talk to, Pastor, Doc, Therapist? I attend group, and do some one on one therapys session. I find that after a while in group I want to help others.....and that is WAY more theraputic for me. Instead of self harm I set up my own boundaries, begin to gain control over myself and in the process I've helped someone esle. And made a friend.....I've been such a loner all my life, (why I can get into my computer emails and such) so its nice to have new face to face friends, and they know they same kind of pain.
       Set yourself an goal, one that can BE DONE no matter what, then set a little harder one.....
         I could go on for ever here, so I'll say this, YOU ARE in my prays, let me know if I can help in anyway. EMAIL or le me know I do have msn messanger, just never on, but if you need me I'll be there, or other support groups, get a hot line number from you local mental health dept. There are many resources out there. I am HEAR for you,  your my in prayer

musicllover
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the