Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:30:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286821 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  JEHOVAH WITNESSES
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JEHOVAH WITNESSES  (Read 28846 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2006, 02:41:51 AM »

PR I can't believe you forgot about..... Ephesians 5:23

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is head of the wife as Christ is the Head of the church, Himself the Savior of [His] body.

Didn't forget it, brother. I already gave that to him in another thread.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
piusx

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2006, 02:44:25 AM »

Pastor

as in all things you are correct. That doesn't mean I understand it any better. and it doesn't really answer my question. no one is suggesting that we worship the pope. The question is does the Pope have a legitimate biblical authority. When Jesus ascended to sit at the right hand of the Father did he leave Peter in charge? If he did not then what did Jesus mean when he said upon this rock I build my church. I cannot have been the first person to ask this question in the history of the world. no disrespect intended
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2006, 02:50:58 AM »

Quote from: piusx
The question is does the Pope have a legitimate biblical authority.

The pope should be a teacher, no he doesn't have authority of the Bible. The authority of the Bible belong to one person, Jesus, the Lord.

The second part of your question Pastor Roger, has answered already.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2006, 02:52:08 AM »

Of course I read all those verses but I think we are getting hung up on semantics here. First of all the pope is Christ vicar on earth. Yes we are all saints with a little s but I am talking about Saint's with a big S and we all know that only the Pope can make one of those. And I might add that to suggest that the Holy Father would make a Saint without God telling him to is sacriledge...and probably blasphemy too. 

I have to disagree with you piois, the pope is not Christ's vicar here on earth. Christ did not leave one man in charge of His work here on earth. Christ left the church His Body to do the work that he taught them to do. There is no such thing in the Bible as a saint with a little s or a saint with a capital letter S. I think maybe you should read the Bible for your own self, instead of sitting in a pew and having someone else read to you what they want you to hear. The pope cannot, I repeat cannot make a saint and God would not tell him to do so anyway.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2006, 02:54:33 AM »

I have to disagree with you piois, the pope is not Christ's vicar here on earth. Christ did not leave one man in charge of His work here on earth. Christ left the church His Body to do the work that he taught them to do. There is no such thing in the Bible as a saint with a little s or a saint with a capital letter S. I think maybe you should read the Bible for your own self, instead of sitting in a pew and having someone else read to you what they want you to hear. The pope cannot, I repeat cannot make a saint and God would not tell him to do so anyway.
AMEN, and AMEN sister Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2006, 02:58:04 AM »

These words were being spoken to leaders of a church.

1Co 4:6  And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.

No man is to be placed in such a manner. No man is an authority over the Bible. The Bible is the authority over all men.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2006, 03:05:37 AM »

Pastor

as in all things you are correct. That doesn't mean I understand it any better. and it doesn't really answer my question. no one is suggesting that we worship the pope. The question is does the Pope have a legitimate biblical authority. When Jesus ascended to sit at the right hand of the Father did he leave Peter in charge? If he did not then what did Jesus mean when he said upon this rock I build my church. I cannot have been the first person to ask this question in the history of the world. no disrespect intended

Jesus is the Rock and again if you read your own Bible instead of letting another man (a human) just like you that needs salvation through the blood of Jesus just like you, read it for you , then you might understand. Christ is the Rock , He is the cornerstone, He was telling peter that upon this Rock meaning Christ Himself he would build His Church. Jesus NEVER appointed Peter as the first pope, the catholic church did. Jesus is the one who went to Calvary and died on the cross for us, not peter and not any pope. Jesus is alive and has a Body of believers here on earth He does not need a pope.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2006, 03:12:40 AM »

Amen sister,

Mat 16:18  And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

And what is this rock that the church will be built upon?

Mat 16:16  And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:20  Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

piusx

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2006, 03:18:47 AM »

Embarrassed from one who obviously is woefully ignorent Cry aren't you using the words of Paul to negate the words of Jesus.
at least that is what it looks like to a stupid person like myself. Aren't you the least bit concerned about my immortal soul. I am not here to win brownie points. I am trying to find the Truth. If I am wrong I go to hell.

Where I am at in my spiritual journey is here. What did Jesus Mean when He said Upon This Rock I build My church?
The entire notion of Papal Authority rest on this one phrase. I and millions of other catholics are going to be condemned to eternal hellfire and damnation because you cannot explain what Jesus really meant when he said that.

gee thanks Cry
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2006, 03:22:49 AM »

Embarrassed from one who obviously is woefully ignorent Cry aren't you using the words of Paul to negate the words of Jesus.
at least that is what it looks like to a stupid person like myself. Aren't you the least bit concerned about my immortal soul. I am not here to win brownie points. I am trying to find the Truth. If I am wrong I go to hell.

Where I am at in my spiritual journey is here. What did Jesus Mean when He said Upon This Rock I build My church?
The entire notion of Papal Authority rest on this one phrase. I and millions of other catholics are going to be condemned to eternal hellfire and damnation because you cannot explain what Jesus really meant when he said that.

gee thanks Cry

Read the prior posts. Your question on this has been answered several times. And no we are not using the words of Paul to negate the words of Jesus but rather to reiterate the same words/meanings.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2006, 03:32:15 AM »

gee thanks Cry

Pious do not try to blame us because you and many like you never searched the Scriptures for themselves. If you search the Scriptures you will find that the Bible says that "God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, and whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlating life" that is simple enough to understand. God is not making it difficult for you to understand that the way of salvation and the way to avoid hellfire for eternity is through accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior. He is not telling you to listen to what any pope or other person has to say He is telling you the only way to gain salvation it is that simple. Everything you need to know is in the Bible you are letting yourself get caught up in the doctrines of men. And I hate to be the one to tell you this but the Roman Catholic has a lot of doctrines that are not Biblical. I f you would only search the Scriptures for yourself you would be able to see. we are not trying to confuse you, but on the other hand we are not going to let you keep thinking that what is wrong is right we are only tryong to teach you and we are doing it based on what the Bible says not on what a doctrine says. The Word of God is the Only Word we use.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2006, 03:37:16 AM »

Aren't you the least bit concerned about my immortal soul. I am not here to win brownie points. I am trying to find the Truth. If I am wrong I go to hell.
Yes we are concerned about your immortal soul. The first step, is up to you though. Yes it is hard to learn anew, but it can be done. If I can do it, so can you.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2006, 03:42:51 AM »

Pious, please let me ask you a question? Have you ever read the Bible for yourself? Have you really searched the Scriptures?. Because it seems to me that you think that the Pope is the one who ultimately holds your eternal life in his hand you are so caught up on Peter, that you are absolutely leaving Jesus out. Peter was just a man just like you and any other man, he was born with sin like all the rest of us, he needed salvation and only Jesus could do that. All throughout the Bible you read about Jesus, today we continue to profess that Jesus is the Christ, He is our Savior. There is no other name under heaven

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2006, 03:46:02 AM »

All you have to do is confess that Jesus is the Son of God and that he died for your sins and He rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God, and ask Him to forgive you of all you sins, repent of your sins and ask Him to come into you heart and be your Lord and Savior.

piusx

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2006, 03:47:49 AM »

with all due respect Pastor I am not buying into your interpretation. Cry this is because I am stupid and get hung up on what the bible actually says. I have read your previous post and to me they sound evasive. I am in the debate forum arn't I?

Jesus oppointed Peter head of the Church on earth and then Peter acknowledged the divinity of Jesus and Then Jesus said lets keep that hush hush for now.

Thou art Peter(rock) Upon this rock I will build my church. We get lots of words from Peter. Petroleum, Petreglyph saltpeter. Believe me when I tell you Peter is the Greek word rock.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the