Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:29:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  JEHOVAH WITNESSES
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: JEHOVAH WITNESSES  (Read 28467 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2006, 11:05:04 AM »

Hi YM.

No we need not steer clear of JW's. We should steer clear of their religion but not them. After all we are to witness to the lost and JW's are lost because they deny that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Saviour.

Act 4:10  Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11  This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

This is not judging people it is determining who we must have need to reach out to, to tell of the wondrous story of the Gospel. To lead the lost sheep to the Shepherd.

As for Jihad that is another story. We have Jihad because the devil wants to attempt to destroy all that is good and righteous and Jesus is the only righteous one. It is His Gospel that the devil wants to destroy and to lead people away from.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
YOUNG MEGATRON

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2006, 12:08:57 PM »

I really dont know much about them, I know they dont cellebrate birthdays or Christmas.
1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2006, 01:19:56 PM »

Thats kind of the funny part.  They try soooo hard to not ' look like ' the occult, but the pamphlets they hand out at the door are full of occult philosophy.

I guess if they really don't want to looc occultish,  maybe they should become Christian   Grin

As He leads
1Tim
Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2006, 09:58:31 PM »

I had the TRAVELING DUO at my door today. I refused to answer but my daughter said she would, and tell them that we were CHRISTIAN. Thank usually sends them running but, in this case, they said, WE ARE CHRISTIAN TOO! Um...maybe I am reading into their book and pamphlets wrong. Christian is something they are NOT! CULT, they are. (have 3 relatives that are JW's..nothing Christian about them at all..right down to beliefs).

Their pamphlets do help with starting firewood or the charcoal though. Smiley

God Bless,
Kelly

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2006, 10:14:16 PM »

I have a lot of flags all over my home both American flags and Christian flags as well as one for the U.S. Navy. I have a big sign hanging on my door with John 3:16 and John 15:13 on it. The verses can be seen from the road. I had a couple of them come to my door some time ago even though I had  all this hanging up. I had nothing to do that day so I talked with them. By the time I got finished they had no time left to go to anyone elses door. They avoided my door after that so then when I saw them in the neighborhood I went out to them. Now they avoid my neighborhood completely.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2006, 01:48:17 AM »

HAAAH!!!  Way to go PR!  Thats what I figgure to do too, if they won't be swayed by what I say, at least they won't be talking to others who might be decieved. Wink.   The last time I had a couple JW's at the door say they were Christians too, I simply said , "no your not, and I can prove it with your own book, can I see it?"  They apparently wern't prepared for that and asked if they could come back sometime and talk to my girlfriend  (it was her house and she wasn't home)  I said that would be fine, she's a Christian too.   Never seen them again.  Now I have to call them up and have them come over, or waylay them in a parking lot or hamburger joint.  Same with the other door knockers.  I'm probly gonna have to move soon, so they come over again.

As He leads
1Tim
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2006, 03:53:56 PM »

HAAAH!!!  Way to go PR!  Thats what I figgure to do too, if they won't be swayed by what I say, at least they won't be talking to others who might be decieved. Wink.   The last time I had a couple JW's at the door say they were Christians too, I simply said , "no your not, and I can prove it with your own book, can I see it?"  They apparently wern't prepared for that and asked if they could come back sometime and talk to my girlfriend  (it was her house and she wasn't home)  I said that would be fine, she's a Christian too.   Never seen them again.  Now I have to call them up and have them come over, or waylay them in a parking lot or hamburger joint.  Same with the other door knockers.  I'm probly gonna have to move soon, so they come over again.
    1Tim:  I Know what you mean if you know more about there faith then they do they don't want to talk to you they want to get the ones that don't know much, and teach them their ways. belive me i know, Im an EX. JW. They guit comming around in Sourthen Illinois, now that I'm living in South Carolina 1 coluple came by my wife asked them to come back when I was there, and they have not showen up in 8 mounths.

GOD Bless
                                           YBIC

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2006, 02:30:01 AM »

Forrest,

I'm not x-JW, but I understand that being so makes you almost Satan himself right?

I have a few Q's .  What is the significance, to JW's, to insist that Jesus was "impaled on a stake" instead of nailed to a cross.  I've debated this a few times with them (with their NWT) and don't understand the significance they place on it.  In either case Jesus died, was impaled with nails and a spear--either on a cross or stake.  Are they just trying to disagree with mainstream christianity or what?

Do you have any insight into the name "Watchtower Society" and the tradition it's used in?  The term "watchtower"  is also used in Wicca, for apparently the same thing.

What are some insights you may have in how we can witness to them better than we do?

Can you comment more on their training and how they present their case at your door, to better arm us in avoiding the pitfalls and red herrings they use so fluently.

My particular MO tends to be to defeat the NWT they claim their faith is founded on, and reveal that it is not a reliable source of truth.  I realise I will probably never argue them into christianity that way, but then again, I wouldn't by useing a Bible they considered less reliable than the NWT either.  My primary goal is to reveal the unreliable nature of their Bible, and religion, so they have something to chew on untill they either deal with it, and investigate further what is true, or they ignore it.  Either way they make their choice, but at least it was a little more informed than before they came to my door.

I understand what it is to be raised in a religion that does not know Jesus but thinks they do, and convinces you, that you do, so each time I talk to JW's I assume that at least one of them was led to my door by God to hear reasons to look deeper, and find the truth they think they allready have.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 02:49:26 AM by 1Tim » Logged

As He leads
1Tim
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2008, 05:03:32 PM »

This for those that need some ammo. In there World Translation, they changed the word ( KURIOS Lord )  to Jehovah , and that means everywhere Lord is FOUND.
 Except for Phil 2:11, where it says that tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is  LORD , This is the only word   Lord   that they do not change to Jehovah, because they CAN NOT, because if they do , THEY will confess that Lord in Phil 2:11 is Christ, and their house of cards will come fallings down.
Sas

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2008, 06:59:59 PM »

I don't fully understand these extremely long posts, but I have two questions:  1) Are you a JW? and if you are; 2) Why don't you believe in the Trinity?

Blessings -

Belief in the Trinity is surely an absolute requirement of Christianity?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2008, 08:45:29 PM »

Hello again Sas,

We are told to believe in Jesus Christ in order to be saved. If we do not believe in the Trinity then who is it that we believe in? If we do not believe in the Trinity then we are believing in just a man. No man was ever perfect nor can they be of their own will. Jesus was the perfect sacrifice in our place on the cross. He had to be more than just a man in order to be that perfect sacrifice. He was very God for only God is perfect. He was fully man and He was fully God.

1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1Jn 4:2  Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2008, 11:31:07 PM »

Belief in the Trinity is surely an absolute requirement of Christianity?

Hello Sas,

Let's replace your question with two more accurate questions:

1 - Are you SAVED?

2 - Where will you spend ETERNITY - Heaven or Hell?

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the