Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:54:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  JEHOVAH WITNESSES
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JEHOVAH WITNESSES  (Read 28497 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2006, 10:04:54 PM »

As a tack, brother! As a tack!  Tongue

Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
piusx

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2006, 02:55:10 AM »

Right On PR!  (methinks piusx is probably a 'JW')
=^..^=

i did not say prayer is work...i said work is prayer. Big difference. I am not jw I am catholic. piusx as in pope pius x.
we really need to make him a saint...don't you think?
GKB

MY GREATEST SEEK, IS TO KNOW JESUS MORE

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2006, 05:08:56 AM »

i did not say prayer is work...i said work is prayer. Big difference. I am not jw I am catholic. piusx as in pope pius x.

i think we should let the lord jesus make the saints...don't you?
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2006, 07:07:16 AM »

They like to be referred to as jehovah's witnesses.
I like the fact that they do not celebrate holidays or birthdays.
work is prayer.

Pius, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but prayer is not work.
prayer is thw wonderful privelge of communicating with our heavenly Father. This is how I like to state it "Prayer Works"

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2006, 07:09:03 AM »

=^..^=

You might be right Terri.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2006, 07:15:12 AM »

Pius, for your information, the Bible calls all those who have received the Lord Jesus as their Lord and Savior 'saints'. We humans do not have the right or the ability to make anyone a saint. Only by becoming born again and receiving Jesus in your heart can you become a saint. If you read in your Bible almost all the epistles at the begining were start to ..... and to all the saints at ..... these people were alive, not dead they were not made saints by men. They were saints by accepting Jesus and becoming righteous, you cannot become a saint by doing good deeds and living an almost perfect life. the only way is by accepting Jesus.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2006, 07:25:30 AM »

Piusx, I like to back up my statements with scriptures so I am posting again with several Scriptures .

1Co 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

2Co 1:1 ¶ Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

Eph 1:1 ¶ Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Php 1:1 ¶ Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Col 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

There are many more Scriptures, but by now I think you may get the message.
Saints are not made by people, and saints can be living, here on earth as they are even today.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2006, 08:11:28 AM »

I would agree with you if you had said the works of prayer and not work is prayer.

"Work is prayer" or "prayer is work" means the same thing. To say the "works of prayer" simply means that prayer does work, it is effective, and those workings of prayer are God's work not our own.

I realise who piusx was. Your statement though on prayer sounds more in line with that of the jw and no I don't think that we should make anyone a saint, that is not our place or of our doing. I agree with airIam2worship's assessement of that for that is what the Bible tells us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2006, 09:19:19 AM »

I would agree with you if you had said the works of prayer and not work is prayer.

"Work is prayer" or "prayer is work" means the same thing. To say the "works of prayer" simply means that prayer does work, it is effective, and those workings of prayer are God's work not our own.

I realise who piusx was. Your statement though on prayer sounds more in line with that of the jw and no I don't think that we should make anyone a saint, that is not our place or of our doing. I agree with airIam2worship's assessement of that for that is what the Bible tells us.

Simply put, piousx, the bottom line is PRAYER WORKS, not prayer is work, or work is prayer. the only time I associate the word work with the word prayer is when I say PRAYER WORKS.  period.. like I said before prayer is a God given privelege to His children, whereby we can communicate with our living Heavenly Father.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2006, 09:21:19 AM »

Simply put, piousx, the bottom line is PRAYER WORKS, not prayer is work, or work is prayer. the only time I associate the word work with the word prayer is when I say PRAYER WORKS.  period.. like I said before prayer is a God given privelege to His children, whereby we can communicate with our living Heavenly Father.

Amen Sister.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2006, 12:49:58 PM »

=^..^=
Nope, me think piusx is Catholic.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2006, 12:58:51 PM »

Only the Lord can makes saints, not man.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Psalm 85:8 I will listen [with expectancy] to what God the Lord will say, for He will speak peace to His people, to His saints (those who are in right standing with Him)--but let them not turn again to [self-confident] folly.

Romans 16:2 That you may receive her in the Lord [with a Christian welcome], as saints (God's people) ought to receive one another. And help her in whatever matter she may require assistance from you, for she has been a helper of many including myself [shielding us from suffering].

1 Thessalonians 3:13 So that He may strengthen and confirm and establish your hearts faultlessly pure and unblamable in holiness in the sight of our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) with all His saints (the holy and glorified people of God)! Amen, (so be it)!

Now piusx, my question to you is............... Where in the Bible does it say, man can make Saints?

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Leviticus 4:35 And he shall take away all the fat of it, just as the fat of the lamb is removed from the sacrifice of the peace offerings; and the priest shall burn it on the altar upon the offerings made by fire to the Lord; and the priest shall make atonement for the sin which the man has committed, and he shall be forgiven.

BLAD

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2006, 08:42:51 PM »

Nope, me think piusx is Catholic.

Maybe we should be specific, coz' i believe catholic means Christian Chruch (well that what my dictionary tells me).  Maybe he is a Roman Catholic.  They really believe works saves but as we Christians believe that only through Christ you will be saved.
piusx

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2006, 10:52:22 PM »

Grin allow me to clarify

as to the jehovah's witnesses yes the are a cult. but there are lots of cults running around. you have the baptist and the episcopals and the methodist. oh the list is endless. all i am saying is the jehovahs witness's can be admired for their work ethic. Now when I say work is prayer all I am saying is like the shakers. Your work should be perfect without flaws because trees should be judged by their fruits.

As for saints...The holy father makes saints all the time, well not this one yet but give him time.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2006, 10:59:00 PM »

Grin allow me to clarify

As for saints...The holy father makes saints all the time, well not this one yet but give him time.
Only God, can make Saints, not man. One of the reasons, I disagree with the Catholic faith. The Pope, makes saints which is Gods work, not mans. Didn't you read any of the verses above?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the