Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:05:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Coffee Time!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 473 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coffee Time!  (Read 1018660 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7020 on: March 20, 2013, 08:54:51 AM »

It's 17 degrees here this morning (windchill of 9) with an outlook of getting up to 28 today and supposedly going to be a nice warm 45 in a few days.

I understand what you mean. My wife and I moved last year into a trailor court that has mostly older folk. There is a woman across the street from us with two children age 9 and 11 but they are very well mannered.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: March 21, 2013, 06:06:34 PM »

I'm in Southwest Oklahoma just a few miles away from the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. We didn't have much of a Winter. Today it's 72F - a gorgeous, sunny day.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: March 29, 2013, 03:21:26 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I wish you a HAPPY EASTER. May God richly bless you and your families.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: October 15, 2013, 09:52:25 PM »

It is high time to make a big pot of coffee. Those who used to come here and sit awhile are all invited. I will bring some cookies, and someone else can bring the sandwiches. The hall here is empty and lonely, but all are welcome to come to this party.

Bring your own chair and gather round. Bring family and friends, and someone bring the music. I did not have time to decorate as the doors were closed and nobody has been here since Easter. You will need to bring your own mugs and plates, for the kitchen is empty.

I am sure that many of you have tales to tell about your summer, which should be entertaining at best. You know how children can say the funniest things and this is the party that loves a good laugh.

So come on out I have propped the doors open and the lights are shining brightly here and I have pasted a big WELCOME sign over the door!

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: October 16, 2013, 11:54:58 PM »

Well I came back early this morning and swept out the hall and dusted all the chairs. Boy, did the dust fly, but with broom in one hand and a rag in the other I got this spot looking pretty good. The windows were harder to do, as you know most old places have big windows that you need a ladder to get too, but I managed to clean them up so all that beautiful light from God could shine in once more.

I went to the store and gazed at rows of cookies, but could not make up my mind which ones to buy and bring. Maybe next time. Sure wish someone would drop by and chat with me and get the coffee flowing  again.

Well I think I am going to sit back and park here a bit and see if someone stops for coffee. I brought my own cup.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: October 18, 2013, 12:20:33 PM »

I've been ill, so I've been out of pocket several days. Yes, I did bring my own coffee in a huge red mug that holds 3 cups. There's no sense in wasting all of those extra trips to the coffee pot. I'm on the mend and give thanks.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: November 05, 2013, 09:38:27 PM »

Glad you stopped in to visit with me. It is very lonely here with no one stopping in anymore. I sat and waited and sure enough fell alseep in my chair, until you, nChrist stopped in with a big red mug of coffee. I was glad to hear your getting better, as being sick is no fun at all. I understand how hard it can be and very happy that your out and about again.

A friend of mine was off on a short family getaway and was riding a bike, you know a petal type with brakes on the handle bars. I guess he was cruising along and a deer jumped out right in front of him. He applied the brake, well the front brake first, and flipped the bike and himself right over that deer. He ended up with a badly broken arm that is not healing properly. We are praying he gets well soon.
Now I remember why I like the old fashioned bikes and the brakes controlled by the feet instead of the hands. Saved many a hard landing.  lol

Hope someone else stops by soon or I will eat all the cookies and drink all the coffee myself.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: November 06, 2013, 05:03:36 PM »

Hello Islandboy,

I've had a bicycle wreck like the one you describe - front brakes. I was lucky and just had lots of minor injuries. I was on a mountain road that we thought was closed off, and I was on the wrong side of the road. I went around a curve and came headon with a ranger. I panicked and hit the front brakes. I really didn't know much until I regained my senses in the emergency room. I gave up bicycles completely.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: December 30, 2013, 02:38:49 PM »

Happy New Year!

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: January 25, 2014, 11:01:44 PM »

Here I am again alone in the hall, but I can see others came in while I was absent. The happy New Year banner was still hanging on the wall left here by nChrist. Oh and I saw the note about his bike accident.

I had two petal bike accidents when I was much younger. Was riding bikes with a friend and she went off one curb, and I off the other and we ran smack dab into each other and ended up with some cuts and badly scraped knees.  The second wreck was on a steep long driveway that had stones and chips of coal on it. I was headed home and as I came down the hill my front wheel hit a big stone which twisted the bike around and down I went. More cuts and bruises, and small lumps of coal embedded in my legs and arms, and knees.
I still have one tiny lump in one knee that did not come out.

Well guess I will close the doors and come back later on. The hall is kind of drafty and the snow is getting deep. But I will come back again soon as I can find a few minutes to slip away.  Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: September 26, 2014, 10:22:28 AM »

Hello 97 guests, we're happy to have you. Pull up a chair, get a cup of coffee, and read for awhile. May God bless you.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: April 23, 2015, 03:45:56 PM »

We have 98 guests online right now - WELCOME! We hope that you find what you're looking for.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: April 29, 2015, 06:51:50 PM »

We have 118 guests online right now. We hope that God blesses you and you find what you're looking for here. WELCOME!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: May 04, 2015, 12:11:02 PM »

We have 108 guests online right now. WELCOME to ChristiansUnite. Pull up a chair, get a cup of coffee, and enjoy the Christian materials here.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: December 15, 2015, 02:00:45 PM »

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 473 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the