Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:49:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Coffee Time!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 473 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coffee Time!  (Read 1019284 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7005 on: April 09, 2012, 01:40:48 PM »

Thanks BEP! Still in the military. Now a Staff Sergeant...God help my troops...Smiley How all of ya'll are doing well!

Congratulations! I'm happy to hear that things are going so well for you. I think that most of us here are doing pretty good for old retired guys. Some of the others might say speak for myself, so I will.  I really have no complaints - God has richly blessed me and my family.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: June 14, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I hope that everyone is having a great day. I was thinking about this portion of Scripture and want to share it. I hope that it blesses you as much as it does me. Just for information, we had 91 guests when I first logged on today. I hope and pray that you found what you needed.

Romans 8:24-28  For in hope were we saved: but hope that is seen is not hope: for who hopeth for that which he seeth?  25  But if we hope for that which we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.  26  And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered;  27  and he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  28  And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to his purpose.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: June 26, 2012, 07:35:50 PM »

Isaiah 55:6-11 KJV  Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:  7  Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.  8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.  9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.  10  For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:  11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Romans 10:17 KJV  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

John 3:16-18 KJV  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 10:8-10 KJV  But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;  9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.  10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Titus 3:4-7 KJV  But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,  5  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;  6  Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;  7  That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: June 28, 2012, 07:19:31 PM »

97 guests at 6:18 PM - Welcome. We hope that you enjoy the Christian materials here. Get a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: August 01, 2012, 07:00:23 PM »

Get a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and read some great Christian materials posted on the forum.

As Christians, we have many reasons to give thanks to God every day, regardless of trials and difficulties we may be facing. We could easily make lists of things we should be thankful for, but I'll just list two that I'm thinking about right now:

1 - We are never alone - God is with us.

2 - The Holy Spirit of God lives in our hearts as a guide and comforter.

What we have to give thanks for should make our problems appear to be small. This is another day that the Lord has made - let us be glad and rejoice in it.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: August 14, 2012, 09:45:14 PM »

1 Thessalonians 3:11-13 KJV  11  Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you.  12  And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:  13  To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: November 22, 2012, 09:40:16 AM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Psalms 100:1-5 KJV  Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.  2  Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.  3  Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.  4  Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.  5  For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: December 11, 2012, 11:02:25 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Luke 2:4-20 (KJV)  4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)   5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.   6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.   7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.    8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.   9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.   10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.   11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.   12 And this [shall be] a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.   13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,   14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.   15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.   16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.   17 And when they had seen [it], they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.   18 And all they that heard [it] wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.   19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered [them] in her heart.   20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: January 01, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »

May God richly bless you and your families in the New Year.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: March 16, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »

Hello again from a weary stranger. Yes, I am getting stranger all the time it must come from old age. Just wanted to drop in and say I have missed you all and I am glad that coffee time is still here. At first the board looked a bit different until I realized hey, wait a minute you've been gone for 120 days. Whew! I am sure sorry to have stayed away so long when the need of faith and uplifting moments and verses, is so important in my Christian life right now.
I pray all are well here and hope to get in some good conversations with all of you again.
Been caring for my mother daily and it is very tiring and emotional draining, but the task is mine so I must continue on the best way that I can, See you around the forum.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: March 16, 2013, 06:43:49 PM »

Being a caretaker is a difficult job especially when it is a full time one. At the same time it can be a very rewarding one. Prayers are with you that He keeps you healthy and strong.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: March 16, 2013, 07:53:32 PM »

Hello Islandboy,

May God bless you richly in taking care of your mother. You and your mother will be in my prayers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: March 18, 2013, 02:20:07 PM »

Good morning and afternoon to you all. I must go and get my cup of coffee that I sat down somewhere's in my house. It is a cold day here and a big snowstorm is moving through our area. I have been listening to my scanner and ham radio and the guys are talking about bad roads and flight delays, and lots of snow. I thought the groundhog said winter was about over.
Anyways, hello again. I am glad to be back. Best wishes for a safe and happy day to all of you!
Now where in the world is my coffee cup?  Huh

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: March 18, 2013, 03:24:51 PM »

Hello Islandboy,

We're in drought conditions here and have been for a long time, so we would be happy to get any type of moisture. So, send some of that snow this way. It also sounds like you're having a coffee emergency. I use mugs that hold 4 cups of coffee, and I sometimes drink two a day. I like to take it easy and enjoy my coffee while reading my devotions and Christian material that I get every day. Stay warm and safe.

Love In Christ,
Tom

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: March 20, 2013, 12:35:19 AM »

I am managing to stay warm. Nice warm longjohn pants and warm sweaters help. I also have hot water baseboard heat in this house and the biggest thing is getting used to the pings and bangs and water running through the pipes. Then there are the air bubbles and odd noises that go with a house in old weather that make you think you have a ghost or something rattling atround.

I like my house because I do not have to deal with other people that are not nice to older folks. Plus my last place had 34 steps to climb and that was hard on this old lady. Mostly carrying groceries up those stairs. But now I only have four short steps.

Been trying to remember where you all lived, some got it cold and some got it hot right now. If I was in FL it would we warm right now instead of 15 degrees.  But spring is on the way..  I hope!     Cool

Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 473 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the