Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:48:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional  (Read 60269 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 23, 2006, 04:57:39 AM »

=============================================
             Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
                    Saturday December 23, 2006
        http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml

Morning

Let him take hold of my strength, [that] he may make peace with me; [and] he shall make peace with me.

I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. --[There is] no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked.

In Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace.

It pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell; and, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself.--Christ Jesus: whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, . . . that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.--If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH [is] everlasting strength.

Isa 27:5 Jer 29:11 Isa 48:22 Eph 2:13,14 Col 1:19,20  Ro 3:24-26 1Jo 1:9 Isa 26:4

/---------------------------------------------------------\
            Be sure to check out our other devotionals
   \---------------------------------------------------------/

Saturday December 23, 2006

Evening

God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

As the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself.--For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth [them]; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.--I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.--I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.--No man cometh unto the Father, but by me.--He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.--For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

1Jo 5:11 Joh 5:26,21 11:25,26 10:11,17,18 Joh 14:6 1Jo 5:12 Col 3:3,4

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 28, 2006, 02:31:42 PM »

==============================================
                     Sunday December 24, 2006

Morning

If ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, . . . and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

The grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Ro 8:13 Ga 5:19,21-25 Tit 2:11-14

Sunday December 24, 2006

Evening

Then said the princes of the Philistines, What [do] these Hebrews [here]?

If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy [are ye]; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or [as] a thief, . . . or as a busybody in other men's matters.

Let not . . . your good be evil spoken of.--Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? . . . Ye are the temple of the living God. . . . wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing].

Ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

1Sa 29:3 1Pe 4:14,15 Ro 14:16 1Pe 2:12 2Co 6:14,16,17 1Pe 2:9

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 28, 2006, 02:33:57 PM »

Monday December 25, 2006

Morning

The kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared.

I have loved thee with an everlasting love.

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

When the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. --The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.--Great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh,

As the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.

Tit 3:4 Jer 31:3 1Jo 4:9,10 Ga 4:4,5 Joh 1:14 1Ti 3:16  Heb 2:14

Monday December 25, 2006

Evening

Thanks [be] unto God for his unspeakable gift.

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. . . . Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, [and] into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, [and] bless his name.--For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

He . . . spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all.--Having yet . . . one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him.

Oh that [men] would praise the LORD [for] his goodness, and [for] his wonderful works to the children of men!--Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, [bless] his holy name.

My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

2Co 9:15 Ps 100:1,2,4 Isa 9:6 Ro 8:32 Mr 12:6 Ps 107:21 103:1 Lu 1:46,47

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 28, 2006, 02:36:09 PM »

Tuesday December 26, 2006

Morning

Be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord.

Ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.--As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, [so] walk ye in him: rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.--He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.--That on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep [it], and bring forth fruit with patience.

By faith ye stand.

I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

He that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all [men], especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

1Co 15:58 Col 2:6,7 Mt 24:13 Lu 8:15 2Co 1:24 Joh 9:4 Ga 6:8-10

Tuesday December 26, 2006

Evening

He is able . . . to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.--Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.--He which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ.--Is any thing too hard for the LORD?

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Heb 7:25 Joh 14:6 Ac 4:12 Joh 10:27,28 Php 1:6 Ge 18:14  Jude 1:24,25

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 28, 2006, 02:38:16 PM »

===========================================
                    Wednesday December 27, 2006

Morning

We look not at the things which are seen,but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

Here have we no continuing city.--Ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations.--There the wicked cease [from] troubling; and there the weary be at rest.

We that are in [this] tabernacle do groan, being burdened.-- God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

The sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.--Our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory.

2Co 4:18 Heb 13:14 10:34 Lu 12:32 1Pe 1:6 Job 3:17 2Co 5:4 Re 21:4 Ro 8:18 2Co 4:17

Wednesday December 27, 2006

Evening

He is our peace.

God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; . . . for he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.--Having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, [I say], whether [they be] things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight.--Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.--Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Eph 2:14 2Co 5:19,21 Col 1:20-22 2:14 Eph 2:15 Joh 14:27

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 28, 2006, 02:40:38 PM »

============================================
                    Thursday December 28, 2006

Morning

Thy sins be forgiven thee.

I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.--Who can forgive sins but God only?

I, [even] I, [am] he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.--Blessed [is he whose] transgression [is] forgiven, [whose] sin [is] covered. Blessed [is] the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity.-- Who [is] a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity.

God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.--The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

As far as the east is from the west, [so] far hath he removed our transgressions from us.--Sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.--Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Mr 2:5 Jer 31:34 Mr 2:7 Isa 43:25 Ps 32:1,2 Mic 7:18 Eph 4:32 1Jo 1:7-9 Ps 103:12 Ro 6:14,18

Thursday December 28, 2006

Evening

We would see Jesus.

O LORD, have we waited for thee; the desire of [our] soul [is] to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.

The LORD [is] nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.--I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.--Lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world.

Let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith.

Now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face.-- Having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better.

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Joh 12:21 Isa 26:8 Ps 145:18 Mt 18:20 Joh 14:18 Mt 28:20 Heb 12:1,2 1Co 13:12 Php 1:23 1Jo 3:2,3

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 29, 2006, 01:21:55 PM »

Friday December 29, 2006

Morning

Understanding what the will of the Lord [is].

This is the will of God, [even] your sanctification.-- Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.--This is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.--We know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

We . . . do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.--The God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe.

Eph 5:17 1Th 4:3 Job 22:21 Joh 17:3 1Jo 5:20 Col 1:9  Eph 1:17-19

Friday December 29, 2006

Evening

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.

Enoch walked with God.--Can two walk together, except they be agreed?--[It is] good for me to draw near to God.

The LORD [is] with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you. . . . But when they in their trouble did turn unto the LORD God of Israel, and sought him, he was found of them.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, . . . and [having] an high priest over the house of God; let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith.

Jas 4:8 Ge 5:24 Am 3:3 Ps 73:28 2Ch 15:2,4 Jer 29:11-13 Heb 10:19-22

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 30, 2006, 10:45:19 PM »

Saturday December 30, 2006

Morning

Blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: if ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the hope of the gospel.--That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.--Sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever.

1Co 1:8 Col 1:21-23 Php 2:15 2Pe 3:14 Php 1:10 Jude 1:24,25

Saturday December 30, 2006

Evening

He will keep the feet of his saints.

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.--He that is washed needeth not save to wash [his] feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths. When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble. . . . Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil [men]. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.-- Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

The Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve [me] unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1Sa 2:9 1Jo 1:6,7 Joh 13:10 Pr 4:11,12,14,15,25-27 2Ti 4:18

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 31, 2006, 06:32:53 PM »

Sunday December 31, 2006

Morning

The LORD thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son, in all the way that ye went, until ye came into this place.

I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.--In his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.--As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings: [so] the LORD alone did lead him.

[Even] to [your] old age I [am] he; and [even] to hoar hairs will I carry [you]: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver [you].--This God [is] our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide [even] unto death.

Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.--Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on.--For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Hitherto hath the LORD helped us.

De 1:31 Ex 19:4 Isa 63:9 De 32:11,12 Isa 46:4 Ps 48:14 55:22 Mt 6:25,32 1Sa 7:12

Sunday December 31, 2006

Evening

There remaineth yet very much land to be possessed.

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Be ye therefore perfect.--Giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and [in] all judgment.

Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit.

There remaineth . . . a rest to the people of God.--Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.

Jos 13:1 Php 3:12 Mt 5:48 2Pe 1:5-7 Php 1:9 1Co 2:9,10 Heb 4:9 Isa 33:17

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 02, 2007, 06:24:12 AM »

Monday January 1, 2007

Morning

[This] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, . . . I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Father, I will that they . . . whom thou hast given to me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given to me.-- I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed to him until that day.-- He who hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ.

Know ye not that they who run in a race all run, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they [do it] to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. Wherefore seeing we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses.--Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us], and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus.

Php 3:13,14 Joh 17:24 2Ti 1:12 Php 1:6 1Co 9:24,25 He 12:1,2

Monday January 1, 2007

Evening

The LORD, he [it is] that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee.

If thy presence shall not attend [me], conduct us not from here.--O LORD, I know that the way of man [is] not in himself: [it is] not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

The steps of a [good] man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he should fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth [him with] his hand.

I [am] continually with thee: thou hast held [me] by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me [to] glory.--I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creation, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

De 31:8 Ex 33:15 Jer 10:23 Ps 37:23,24 73:23,24 Ro 8:38,39

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 02, 2007, 06:26:29 AM »

Tuesday January 2, 2007

Morning

Sing to the LORD a new song.

Sing aloud to God our strength: make a joyful noise to the God of Jacob. Take a psalm, and strike the timbrel, the pleasant harp with the psaltery.--He hath put a new song in my mouth, [even] praise to our God: many shall see [it], and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee wherever thou goest.--The joy of the LORD is your strength.--Paul . . . thanked God, and took courage.

Knowing the time, that now [it is] high time to awake out of sleep: for now [is] our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in revellings and drunkenness, not in immorality and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the lusts of flesh.

Isa 42:10 Ps 81:1,2 40:3 Jos 1:9 Ne 8:10 Ac 28:15 Ro 13:11-14

Tuesday January 2, 2007

Evening

Let my prayer be set forth before thee [as] incense; [and] the lifting up of my hands [as] the evening sacrifice.

Thou shalt make an altar to burn incense upon: . . . and thou shalt put it before the veil that [is] by the ark of the testimony, before the mercy seat that [is] over the testimony, where I will meet with thee. And Aaron shall burn upon it sweet incense every morning: . . . and when Aaron lighteth the lamps at the evening, he shall burn incense upon it, a perpetual incense before the LORD throughout your generations.

[Jesus] is able also to save them to the uttermost that come to God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.--The smoke of the incense, [which came] with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God out of the angel's hand.

Ye also, as living stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Pray without ceasing.

Ps 141:2 Ex 30:1,6-8 Heb 7:25 Re 8:4 1Pe 2:5 1Th 5:17

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 03, 2007, 11:37:47 AM »

Wednesday January 3, 2007

Morning

He led them forth by the right way.

He found [Jacob] in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye. As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings: [So] the LORD alone did lead him.--[Even] to [your] old age I [am] he; and [even] to gray hairs will I carry [you]: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver [you].

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

The LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.--For this God [is] our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide [even] to death.--Who teacheth like him?

Ps 107:7 De 32:10-12 Isa 46:4 Ps 23:3,4 Isa 58:11 Ps 48:14 Job 36:22

Wednesday January 3, 2007

Evening

What wilt thou that I shall do to thee? . . . Lord, that I may receive my sight.

Open thou my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

Then he opened their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures.--The Comforter, [who is] the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, . . . shall teach you all things.--Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights.

The God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, . . . give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his mighty power.

Lu 18:41 Ps 119:18 Lu 24:45 Joh 14:26 Jas 1:17 Eph 1:17-19

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 04, 2007, 05:16:39 AM »

Thursday January 4, 2007

Morning

Ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.

This [is] not [your] rest.--There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.--Which [hope] we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which entereth into that Within the veil; where the forerunner hath for us entered, [even] Jesus.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also. --With Christ; which is far better.

God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things have passed away.--There the wicked cease [from] troubling; and there the weary are at rest.

Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.--Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

De 12:9 Mic 2:10 Heb 4:9 6:19,20 Joh 14:2,3 Php 1:23 Re 21:4 Job 3:17 Mt 6:20,21 Col 3:2

Thursday January 4, 2007

Evening

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin.--But now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment: so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and to them that look for him he shall appear the second time without sin to salvation.

Since then the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished [my] course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness.

1Co 15:55,56 Heb 9:26-28 2:14,15 2Ti 4:6-8

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 05, 2007, 09:12:38 AM »

Friday January 5, 2007

Morning

We who have believed do enter into rest.

They . . . weary themselves to commit iniquity.--I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Come to me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.--Being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

He that hath entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works.--Not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith.--This [is] the rest [with which] ye may cause the weary to rest; and this [is] the refreshing.

Heb 4:3 Jer 9:5 Ro 7:23,24 Mt 11:28 Ro 5:1,2 Heb 4:10 Php 3:9 Isa 28:12

Friday January 5, 2007

Evening

Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?--They provoked his spirit, so that he spoke unadvisedly with his lips.

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

A whisperer separateth chief friends.--There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise [is] health. The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue [is] but for a moment.--The tongue can no man tame; [it is] an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. . . . Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Put off . . . anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing ye have put off the old man with his deeds.--This is the will of God, [even] your sanctification.--In their mouth was found no guile.

Ps 141:3 130:3 106:33 Mt 15:11 Pr 16:28 12:18,19 Jas 3:8,10 Col 3:8,9 1Th 4:3 Re 14:5

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 07, 2007, 11:31:44 PM »

Saturday January 6, 2007

Morning

Let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands.

Thy renown went forth among the nations for thy beauty: for it [was] perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.--We all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.--The spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you.

Blessed [is] every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways. For thou shalt eat the labour of thy hands: happy [shalt] thou [be], and [it shall be] well with thee.--Commit thy works to the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God who worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.--Our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, who hath loved us, and hath given [us] everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts, and establish you in every good word and work.

Ps 90:17 Eze 16:14 2Co 3:18 1Pe 4:14 Ps 128:1,2 Pr 16:3 Php 2:12,13 2Th 2:16,17

Saturday January 6, 2007

Evening

The apostles assembled themselves to Jesus, and told him all things, both what they had done, and what they had taught.

There is a friend [that] sticketh closer than a brother.--The LORD spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend.--Ye are my friends, if ye do whatever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

When ye shall have done all the things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants.

Ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, by which we cry, Abba, Father.

By prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.--The prayer of the upright [is] his delight.

Mr 6:30 Pr 18:24 Ex 33:11 Joh 15:14,15 Lu 17:10 Ro 8:15 Php 4:6 Pr 15:8

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the