Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:52:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286821 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Reading The Psalms Daily
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reading The Psalms Daily  (Read 50495 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2006, 05:31:15 PM »

Psalm 24
Psa 24:1  A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
Psa 24:2  For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
Psa 24:3  Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
Psa 24:4  He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
Psa 24:5  He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
Psa 24:6  This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
Psa 24:7  Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Psa 24:8  Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
Psa 24:9  Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Psa 24:10  Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Psalm 24: Matthew Henry Concise
Concerning the kingdom of Christ, and the subjects of that kingdom. (1-6)

Concerning the King of that kingdom. (7-10)

Verses 1-6 We ourselves are not our own; our bodies, our souls, are not. Even those of the children of men are God's, who know him not, nor own their relation to him. A soul that knows and considers its own nature, and that it must live for ever, when it has viewed the earth and the fulness thereof, will sit down unsatisfied. It will think of ascending toward God, and will ask, What shall I do, that I may abide in that happy, holy place, where he makes his people holy and happy? We make nothing of religion, if we do not make heart-work of it. We can only be cleansed from our sins, and renewed unto holiness, by the blood of Christ and the washing of the Holy Ghost. Thus we become his people; thus we receive blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of our salvation. God's peculiar people shall be made truly and for ever happy. Where God gives righteousness, he designs salvation. Those that are made meet for heaven, shall be brought safe to heaven, and will find what they have been seeking.

Verses 7-10 The splendid entry here described, refers to the solemn bringing in of the ark into the tent David pitched for it, or the temple Solomon built for it. We may also apply it to the ascension of Christ into heaven, and the welcome given to him there. Our Redeemer found the gates of heaven shut, but having by his blood made atonement for sin, as one having authority, he demanded entrance. The angels were to worship him, ( Hebrews 1:6 ) : they ask with wonder, Who is he? It is answered, that he is strong and mighty; mighty in battle to save his people, and to subdue his and their enemies. We may apply it to Christ's entrance into the souls of men by his word and Spirit, that they may be his temples. Behold, he stands at the door, and knocks, ( Revelation 3:20 ) . The gates and doors of the heart are to be opened to him, as possession is delivered to the rightful owner. We may apply it to his second coming with glorious power. Lord, open the everlasting door of our souls by thy grace, that we may now receive thee, and be wholly thine; and that, at length, we may be numbered with thy saints in glory.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2006, 09:30:33 AM »

PSALM 25

Ps 25:1 <<A Psalm of David.>> To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
Ps 25:2 O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me.
Ps 25:3 Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed; Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause.
Ps 25:4 Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths.
Ps 25:5 Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day.
Ps 25:6 Remember, O LORD, Your tender mercies and Your lovingkindnesses, For they are from of old.
Ps 25:7 Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; According to Your mercy remember me, For Your goodness' sake, O LORD.
Ps 25:8 ¶ Good and upright is the LORD; Therefore He teaches sinners in the way.
Ps 25:9 The humble He guides in justice, And the humble He teaches His way.
Ps 25:10 All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth, To such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.
Ps 25:11 For Your name's sake, O LORD, Pardon my iniquity, for it is great.
Ps 25:12 Who is the man that fears the LORD? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses.
Ps 25:13 He himself shall dwell in prosperity, And his descendants shall inherit the earth.
Ps 25:14 The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him, And He will show them His covenant.
Ps 25:15 ¶ My eyes are ever toward the LORD, For He shall pluck my feet out of the net.
Ps 25:16 Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me, For I am desolate and afflicted.
Ps 25:17 The troubles of my heart have enlarged; Bring me out of my distresses!
Ps 25:18 Look on my affliction and my pain, And forgive all my sins.
Ps 25:19 Consider my enemies, for they are many; And they hate me with cruel hatred.
Ps 25:20 Keep my soul, and deliver me; Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You.
Ps 25:21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I wait for You.
Ps 25:22 Redeem Israel, O God, Out of all their troubles!

MHCC

1-7 In worshipping God, we must lift up our souls to him. It is certain that none who, by a believing attendance, wait on God, and, by a believing hope, wait for him, shall be ashamed of it. The most advanced believer both needs and desires to be taught of God. If we sincerely desire to know our duty, with resolution to do it, we may be sure that God will direct us in it. The psalmist is earnest for the pardon of his sins. When God pardons sin, he is said to remember it no more, which denotes full remission. It is God's goodness, and not ours, his mercy, and not our merit, that must be our plea for the pardon of sin, and all the good we need. This plea we must rely upon, feeling our own unworthiness, and satisfied of the riches of God's mercy and grace. How boundless is that mercy which covers for ever the sins and follies of a youth spent without God and without hope! Blessed be the Lord, the blood of the great Sacrifice can wash away every stain.

8-14 We are all sinners; and Christ came into the world to save sinners, to teach sinners, to call sinners to repentance. We value a promise by the character of him that makes it; we therefore depend upon God's promises. All the paths of the Lord, that is, all his promises and all his providences, are mercy and truth. In all God's dealings his people may see his mercy displayed, and his word fulfilled, whatever afflictions they are now exercised with. All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth; and so it will appear when they come to their journey's end. Those that are humble, that distrust themselves, and desire to be taught and to follow Divine guidance, these he will guide in judgment, that is, by the rule of the written word, to find rest for their souls in the Saviour. Even when the body is sick, and in pain, the soul may be at ease in God.

15-22 The psalmist concludes, as he began, with expressing dependence upon God, and desire toward him. It is good thus to hope, and quietly to wait for the salvation of the Lord. And if God turns to us, no matter who turns from us. He pleads his own integrity. Though guilty before God, yet, as to his enemies, he had the testimony of conscience that he had done them no wrong. God would, at length, give Israel rest from all their enemies round about. In heaven, God's Israel will be perfectly redeemed from all troubles. Blessed Saviour, thou hast graciously taught us that without thee we can do nothing. Do thou teach us how to pray, how to appear before thee in the way which thou shalt choose, and how to lift up our whole hearts and desires after thee, for thou art the Lord our righteousness.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2006, 05:17:45 AM »

AMEN SISTER MARIA!

Sister, here's a beautiful reference that serves as a compliment for Psalms 25:

Psalms 16:1 NASB  A Mikhtam of David. Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You.

Psalms 16:2 NASB  I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; I have no good besides You."

Psalms 16:3 NASB  As for the saints who are in the earth, They are the majestic ones in whom is all my delight.

Psalms 16:4 NASB  The sorrows of those who have bartered for another god will be multiplied; I shall not pour out their drink offerings of blood, Nor will I take their names upon my lips.

Psalms 16:5 NASB  The LORD is the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You support my lot.

Psalms 16:6 NASB  The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.

Psalms 16:7 NASB  I will bless the LORD who has counseled me; Indeed, my mind instructs me in the night.

Psalms 16:8 NASB  I have set the LORD continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Psalms 16:9 NASB  Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will dwell securely.

Psalms 16:10 NASB  For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.

Psalms 16:11 NASB  You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

Sister, Psalms is such a beautiful and uplifting portion of the Bible. It's good for the heart to spend time studying the Psalms, and I thank you for sharing with us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 9:9-10 NASB  The LORD also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, A stronghold in times of trouble;  And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2006, 08:04:08 AM »

Brother BEP's, I am delighted that you posted Psalm 16 as a compliment to Psalm 25, God's Word is so powerful, and He in His loving kindness reminds us constantly of His love for us.
I especially like verse 3 of Psalm 16

Psalms 16:3 NASB  As for the saints who are in the earth, They are the majestic ones in whom is all my delight.

See right in the middle or anywhere else in many, many parts if the Bible; God speaks, although the entire Bible is God's Word, for instance, verse 3 of Ps 16 opens my eyes I can see that God Himself is speaking in the first person. And that is so special to me. This is why it is important to me to really read and meditate on God's Word, because sometimes it is easy to pass over and not even notice the Word God speaks in the first person.
His Love shines through each and every word,
Thank you for adding references and other Psalms or any other Scripture, that enhances and compliments the Book of Psalms.
I welcome anyone else who would like to do likewise.  Smiley

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2006, 08:25:40 AM »

Psalm 26
MKJV

Ps 26:1 A Psalm of David. Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in my truthfulness. I have trusted also in the LORD; I shall not slide.

Ps 26:2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; purify my heart and my mind.

Ps 26:3 For Your loving-kindness is before my eyes; and I have walked in Your truth.

Ps 26:4 I have not sat with lying men, neither will I go in with hypocrites.

Ps 26:5 I have hated the congregation of evil-doers, and will not sit with the wicked.

Ps 26:6 I will wash my hands in innocency; so I will go around Your altar, O LORD,

Ps 26:7 so that I may cry out with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wonderful works.

Ps 26:8 LORD, I have loved the dwelling place of Your house, and the place where Your honor dwells.

Ps 26:9 Do not take away my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men

Ps 26:10 in whose hands is a plot, and their right hand is full of a bribe.

Ps 26:11 But I will walk in my truthfulness; redeem me and be merciful to me.

Ps 26:12 My foot stands in an even place; in the congregations I will bless the LORD

MHC

David is in this psalm putting himself upon a solemn trial, not by God and his country, but by God and his own conscience, to both which he appeals touching his integrity (Ps 26:1-2), for the proof of which he alleges,

His constant regard to God and his grace, Ps 26:3.

His rooted antipathy to sin and sinners, Ps 26:4-5.

His sincere affection to the ordinances of God, and his care about them, Ps 26:6-8. Having thus proved his integrity

He deprecates the doom of the wicked, Ps 26:9-10.

He casts himself upon the mercy and grace of God, with a resolution to hold fast his integrity, and his hope in God, Ps 26:11-12.

In singing this psalm we must teach and admonish ourselves, and one another, what we must be and do that we may have the favour of God, and comfort in our own consciences, and comfort ourselves with it, as David does, if we can say that in any measure we have, through grace, answered to these characters.

(my own thought) We should always examine ourselves to make sure that we are holding fast to our integrity as did David. I believe that because David was examined himself, was quick to repent, called on God letting Him know how much he needed Him, praised and glorified God, and rejoiced in Him, God called him a man after mine own heart. I want to be a woman after God's own heart.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2006, 01:07:42 PM »

MJKV Psalm 27

Ps 27:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Ps 27:2 When the wicked, my enemies and my foes, came on me to eat my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

Ps 27:3 Though an army should camp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war should rise against me, in this I am trusting.

Ps 27:4 One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to pray in His temple.

Ps 27:5 For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His shelter, in the secrecy of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me up on a rock.

Ps 27:6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies, my encirclers; and I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle. I will sing; yea, I will sing praises to the LORD.

Ps 27:7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice; and have mercy on me, and answer me.

Ps 27:8 My heart says to You, Seek my face; Your face, O LORD, I will seek;

Ps 27:9 Hide not Your face from me. Turn not Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

Ps 27:10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

Ps 27:11 Teach me Your way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of my enemies.

Ps 27:12 Deliver me not over to the will of my enemies; for false witnesses have risen up against me, and he that breathes out cruelty.

Ps 27:13 I would have fainted unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

Ps 27:14 Hope in the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall make your heart strong; yea, hope in the LORD.

MHCC

1-6 The Lord, who is the believer's light, is the strength of his life; not only by whom, but in whom he lives and moves. In God let us strengthen ourselves. The gracious presence of God, his power, his promise, his readiness to hear prayer, the witness of his Spirit in the hearts of his people; these are the secret of his tabernacle, and in these the saints find cause for that holy security and peace of mind in which they dwell at ease. The psalmist prays for constant communion with God in holy ordinances. All God's children desire to dwell in their Father's house. Not to sojourn there as a wayfaring man, to tarry but for a night; or to dwell there for a time only, as the servant that abides not in the house for ever; but to dwell there all the days of their life, as children with a father. Do we hope that the praising of God will be the blessedness of our eternity? Surely then we ought to make it the business of our time. This he had at heart more than any thing. Whatever the Christian is as to this life, he considers the favour and service of God as the one thing needful. This he desires, prays for and seeks after, and in it he rejoices.
7-14 Wherever the believer is, he can find a way to the throne of grace by prayer. God calls us by his Spirit, by his word, by his worship, and by special providences, merciful and afflicting. When we are foolishly making court to lying vanities, God is, in love to us, calling us to seek our own mercies in him. The call is general, "Seek ye my face;" but we must apply it to ourselves, "I will seek it." The word does us no good, when we do not ourselves accept the exhortation: a gracious heart readily answers to the call of a gracious God, being made willing in the day of his power. The psalmist requests the favour of the Lord; the continuance of his presence with him; the benefit of Divine guidance, and the benefit of Divine protection. God's time to help those that trust in him, is, when all other helpers fail. He is a surer and better Friend than earthly parents are, or can be. What was the belief which supported the psalmist? That he should see the goodness of the Lord. There is nothing like the believing hope of eternal life, the foresights of that glory, and foretastes of those pleasures, to keep us from fainting under all calamities. In the mean time he should be strengthened to bear up under his burdens. Let us look unto the suffering Saviour, and pray in faith, not to be delivered into the hands of our enemies. Let us encourage each other to wait on the Lord, with patient expectation, and fervent prayer.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2006, 08:41:58 AM »

Ps 28:1 A Psalm of David. I will cry to You, O LORD; my Rock, do not be deaf to me, lest, if You be silent to me, I become like those who go down into the pit.

Ps 28:2 Hear the voice of my prayers, when I cry to You, when I lift up my hands toward Your Holy Place.

Ps 28:3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, who speak peace to their neighbors, yet evil is in their hearts.

Ps 28:4 Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their practices, give them according to the work of their hands; give them what they deserve.

Ps 28:5 Because they do not pay attention to the works of the LORD and to the work of His hands, He shall destroy them and never build them up.

Ps 28:6 Blessed is the LORD, because He has heard the voice of my prayers.

Ps 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song I will praise Him.

Ps 28:8 The LORD is a strength to them, and He is the saving strength of His anointed.

Ps 28:9 Save Your people, and bless Your inheritance; feed them also, and lift them up forever.

MHCC

* A prayer in distress. (1-5) Thanksgiving for deliverance. (6-9)

1-5 David is very earnest in prayer. Observe his faith in prayer; God is my rock, on whom I build my hope. Believers should not rest till they have received some token that their prayers are heard. He prays that he may not be numbered with the wicked. Save me from being entangled in the snares they have laid for me. Save me from being infected with their sins, and from doing as they do. Lord, never leave me to use such arts of deceit and treachery for my safety, as they use for my ruin. Believers dread the way of sinners; the best are sensible of the danger they are in of being drawn aside: we should all pray earnestly to God for his grace to keep us. Those who are careful not to partake with sinners in their sins, have reason to hope that they shall not receive their plagues. He speaks of the just judgments of the Lord on the workers of iniquity, ver. 4. This is not the language of passion or revenge. It is a prophecy that there will certainly come a day, when God will punish every man who persists in his evil deeds. Sinners shall be reckoned with, not only for the mischief they have done, but for the mischief they designed, and did what they could to effect. Disregard of the works of the Lord, is the cause of the sin of sinners, and becomes the cause of their ruin.

6-9 Has God heard our supplications? Let us then bless his name. The Lord is my strength, to support me, and carry me on through all my services and sufferings. The heart that truly believes, shall in due time greatly rejoice: we are to expect joy and peace in believing. God shall have the praise of it: thus must we express our gratitude. The saints rejoice in others' comfort as well as their own: we have the less benefit from the light of the sun, nor from the light of God's countenance, for others' sharing therein. The psalmist concludes with a short, but comprehensive prayer. God's people are his inheritance, and precious in his eyes. He prays that God would save them; that he would bless them with all good, especially the plenty of his ordinances, which are food to the soul. And direct their actions and overrule their affairs for good. Also, lift them up for ever; not only those of that age, but his people in every age to come; lift them up as high as heaven. There, and there only, will saints be lifted up for ever, never more to sink, or be depressed. Save us, Lord Jesus, from our sins; bless us, thou Son of Abraham, with the blessing of righteousness; feed us, thou good Shepherd of the sheep, and lift us up for ever from the dust, O thou, who art the Resurrection and the Life.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2006, 09:00:08 AM »

Ps 29:1 A Psalm of David. Give to the LORD, O you mighty, give to the LORD glory and strength.

Ps 29:2 Give to the LORD the glory due to His name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

Ps 29:3 The voice of the LORD is on the waters; the God of glory thunders; the LORD is above many waters.

Ps 29:4 The voice of the LORD is in power, the voice of the LORD is in majesty.

Ps 29:5 The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars; yea, the LORD breaks the cedars of Lebanon.

Ps 29:6 He also makes them to skip like a calf, Lebanon and Sirion like a young wild ox.

Ps 29:7 The voice of the LORD goes through flames of fire.

Ps 29:8 The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness; the LORD shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.

Ps 29:9 The voice of the LORD causes the does to calve, and uncovers the forests; and in His temple all of it is saying, Glory!

Ps 29:10 The LORD sits on the flood; yea, the LORD sits as King forever.

Ps 29:11 The LORD will give strength to His people; the LORD will bless His people with peace.

MHCC

* Exhortation to give glory to God.

- The mighty and honourable of the earth are especially bound to honour and worship him; but, alas, few attempt to worship him in the beauty of holiness. When we come before him as the Redeemer of sinners, in repentance, faith, and love, he will accept our defective services, pardon the sin that cleaves to them, and approve of that measure of holiness which the Holy Spirit enables us to exercise. We have here the nature of religious worship; it is giving to the Lord the glory due to his name. We must be holy in all our religious services, devoted to God, and to his will and glory. There is a beauty in holiness, and that puts beauty upon all acts of worship. The psalmist here sets forth God's dominion in the kingdom of nature. In the thunder, and lightning, and storm, we may see and hear his glory. Let our hearts be thereby filled with great, and high, and honourable thoughts of God, in the holy adoring of whom, the power of godliness so much consists. O Lord our God, thou art very great! The power of the lightning equals the terror of the thunder. The fear caused by these effects of the Divine power, should remind us of the mighty power of God, of man's weakness, and of the defenceless and desperate condition of the wicked in the day of judgment. But the effects of the Divine word upon the souls of men, under the power of the Holy Spirit, are far greater than those of thunder storms in the nature world. Thereby the stoutest are made to tremble, the proudest are cast down, the secrets of the heart are brought to light, sinners are converted, the savage, sensual, and unclean, become harmless, gentle, and pure. If we have heard God's voice, and have fled for refuge to the hope set before us, let us remember that children need not fear their Father's voice, when he speaks in anger to his enemies. While those tremble who are without shelter, let those who abide in his appointed refuge bless him for their security, looking forward to the day of judgment without dismay, safe as Noah in the ark.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2006, 09:40:15 AM »

Ps 30:1 A Psalm and Song at the dedication of the House of David. I will praise You, O LORD; for You have lifted me up, and have not allowed my foes to rejoice over me.

Ps 30:2 O LORD my God, I cried to You, and You have healed me.

Ps 30:3 O LORD, You have brought up my soul from the grave; You have kept me alive, so that I should not go down to the Pit.

Ps 30:4 Sing praises to the LORD, O you saints of His, and give thanks at the memory of His holiness.

Ps 30:5 For His anger is only a moment; in His favor is life. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

Ps 30:6 And in my blessedness I said, I shall never be moved.

Ps 30:7 O LORD, by Your favor You have made my mountain to stand strong; You hid Your face, and I was troubled.

Ps 30:8 I cried to You, O LORD; and I prayed to the LORD.

Ps 30:9 What profit is in my blood, in going down to the pit? Shall the dust praise You? Shall it tell of Your truth?

Ps 30:10 Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me; LORD, be my helper.

Ps 30:11 You have turned my mourning into dancing for me; You have torn off my sackcloth, and have clothed me with gladness,

Ps 30:12 so that my glory may sing praise to You, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

MHCC

1-5. The great things the Lord has done for us, both by his providence and by his grace, bind us in gratitude to do all we can to advance his kingdom among men, though the most we can do is but little. God's saints in heaven sing to him; why should not those on earth do the same? Not one of all God's perfections carries in it more terror to the wicked, or more comfort to the godly, than his holiness. It is a good sign that we are in some measure partakers of his holiness, if we can heartily rejoice at the remembrance of it. Our happiness is bound up in the Divine favour; if we have that, we have enough, whatever else we want; but as long as God's anger continues, so long the saints' weeping continues.

6-12 When things are well with us, we are very apt to think that they will always be so. When we see our mistake, it becomes us to think with shame upon our carnal security as our folly. If God hide his face, a good man is troubled, though no other calamity befall him. But if God, in wisdom and justice, turn from us, it will be the greatest folly if we turn from him. No; let us learn to pray in the dark. The sanctified spirit, which returns to God, shall praise him, shall be still praising him; but the services of God's house cannot be performed by the dust; it cannot praise him; there is none of that device or working in the grave, for it is the land of silence. We ask aright for life, when we do so that we may live to praise him. In due time God delivered the psalmist out of his troubles. Our tongue is our glory, and never more so than when employed in praising God. He would persevere to the end in praise, hoping that he should shortly be where this would be the everlasting work. But let all beware of carnal security. Neither outward prosperity, nor inward peace, here, are sure and lasting. The Lord, in his favour, has fixed the believer's safety firm as the deep-rooted mountains, but he must expect to meet with temptations and afflictions. When we grow careless, we fall into sin, the Lord hides his face, our comforts droop, and troubles assail us.

This is How We Overcome  (PS 30)
Your light broke thru my night
Restored exceeding joy.
Your grace fell like the rain
And made this desert live.

Your hand lifted me up
I stand on higher ground.
Your praise rose in my heart
And made this valley sing.

You have turned my mourning into dancing.
You have turned my sorrow into joy.

This is how we overcome!
This is how we overcome!

You have turned my mourning into dancing.
You have turned my sorrow into joy.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2006, 11:27:29 AM »

Amen Sister Maria,

This is a beautiful and uplifting portion of Scripture. It's a good reminder that Christians should be the happiest people on earth. Whatever our circumstances, it's always the right time to praise and give thanks to our LORD and Saviour.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 2:19-21 NASB  "For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2006, 03:22:19 AM »

Amen Brother, God will always turn our mourning into dancing and our sorrows into joy, all we have to do is LET Him

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2006, 03:51:08 AM »

Ps 31:1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. In You, O LORD, I put my trust; let me never be ashamed; deliver me in Your righteousness.

Ps 31:2 Bow down Your ear to me; deliver me quickly; be my strong rock, a fortress to save me.

Ps 31:3 For You are my rock and my fortress; and for Your name's sake lead me and guide me.

Ps 31:4 Bring me out of the net that they hid for me, for You are my strength.

Ps 31:5 Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.Ps 31:6 I have hated those who take heed to lying vanities; but I trust in the

Ps 31:6 I have hated those who take heed to lying vanities; but I trust in the

Ps 31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy; for You have looked on my affliction; You have known my soul in troubles;

Ps 31:8 and have not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; You have set my feet in a broad place.

Ps 31:9 Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am in trouble; my eye has become old with grief, my soul and my belly.

Ps 31:10 For my life is ending with grief, and my years with sighing; my strength fails because of my iniquity, and my bones have wasted away.

Ps 31:11 I was a reproach among all my foes, but especially among my neighbors, and a fear to my friends; those who saw me outside fled from me.

Ps 31:12 I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind; I am like a broken vessel.

Ps 31:13 For I have heard the slander of many; fear is on every side; because of their plottings together against me, they planned to take away my life.

Ps 31:14 But I trusted in You, O LORD; I said, You are my God.

Ps 31:15 My times are in Your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies, and from those who persecute me.

Ps 31:16 Make Your face shine on Your servant; save me in Your mercy.

Ps 31:17 Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called on You; Let the wicked be ashamed; let them be silent in the grave.

Ps 31:18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; the lips which speak proudly against the righteous, with pride and scorn.

Ps 31:19 How great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You; You have worked for those who trust in You before the sons of men!

Ps 31:20 You shall hide them in the secrecy of Your presence from the pride of man; You shall hide them in a shelter away from the strife of tongues.

Ps 31:21 Blessed is the LORD; for He has worked His mercy wondrously in a besieged city.

Ps 31:22 For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before Your eyes; surely You heard the voice of my cries, when I cried to You.

Ps 31:23 O love the LORD, all you saints of His; the LORD preserves the faithful, and plentifully rewards the proud doer.

Ps 31:24 Be strong, and He will make your heart stronger, all you who hope in the LORD.

Comments continued on following page

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2006, 04:05:22 AM »

Comments Ps. 31

MHCC

Confidence in God. (1-8)
  1-8 Faith and prayer must go together, for the prayer of faith is the prevailing prayer. David gave up his soul in a special manner to God. And with the words, ver. 5, our Lord Jesus yielded up his last breath on the cross, and made his soul a free-will offering for sin, laying down his life as a ransom. But David is here as a man in distress and trouble. And his great care is about his soul, his spirit, his better part. Many think that while perplexed about their worldly affairs, and their cares multiply, they may be excused if they neglect their souls; but we are the more concerned to look to our souls, that, though the outward man perish, the inward man may suffer no damage. The redemption of the soul is so precious, that it must have ceased for ever, if Christ had not undertaken it. Having relied on God's mercy, he will be glad and rejoice in it. God looks upon our souls, when we are in trouble, to see whether they are humbled for sin, and made better by the affliction. Every believer will meet with such dangers and deliverances, until he is delivered from death, his last enemy. (Footnote: Luke 23:46)

Prayer in trouble. (9-18)
9-18 David's troubles made him a man of sorrows. Herein he was a type of Christ, who was acquainted with grief. David acknowledged that his afflictions were merited by his own sins, but Christ suffered for ours, (He was sinless and yet made sin for us). David's friends durst not give him any assistance. Let us not think it strange if thus deserted, but make sure of a Friend in heaven who will not fail. God will be sure to order and dispose all for the best, to all those who commit their spirits also into his hand. The time of life is in God's hands, to lengthen or shorten, make bitter or sweet, according to the counsel of his will. The way of man is not in himself, nor in our friend's hands, nor in our enemies' hands, but in God's. In this faith and confidence he prays that the Lord would save him for his mercies's sake, and not for any merit of his own. He prophesies the silencing of those that reproach and speak evil of the people of God. There is a day coming, when the Lord will execute judgment upon them. In the mean time, we should engage ourselves by well-doing, if possible, to silence the ignorance of foolish men.

Praise for God's goodness. (19-24)

19-24 Instead of yielding to impatience or despondency under our troubles, we should turn our thoughts to the goodness of the Lord towards those who fear and trust in Him. All comes to sinners through the wondrous gift of the only-begotten Son of God, to be the atonement for their sins. Let not any yield to unbelief, or think, under discouraging circumstances, that they are cut off from before the eyes of the Lord, and left to the pride of men. Lord, pardon our complaints and fears; increase our faith, patience, love, and gratitude; teach us to rejoice in tribulation and in hope. The deliverance of Christ, with the destruction of his enemies, ought to strengthen and comfort the hearts of believers under all their afflictions here below, that having suffered courageously with their Master, they may triumphantly enter into his joy and glory

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2006, 09:50:54 AM »

Ps. 32

Ps 32:1 A Psalm of David. A Contemplation. Blessed is the man whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

Ps 32:2 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not charge iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Ps 32:3 When I kept silence, my bones became old through my roaring all the day long.

Ps 32:4 For by day and by night Your hand was heavy on me; my sap is turned into the droughts of summer. Selah.

Ps 32:5 I confessed my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, I will confess my transgression to the LORD; and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

Ps 32:6 For this let every godly one pray to You, in a time when You may be found; surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come near him.

Ps 32:7 You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall circle me with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Ps 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you, My eye shall be on you.

Ps 32:9 Be not like the horse, or like the mule, who have no understanding, whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, so that they do not come near you.

Ps 32:10 The wicked has many sorrows, but mercy embraces him who trusts in the LORD.

Ps 32:11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, you righteous; and shout for joy, all you upright in heart.

Brothers and Sisters, sin is the cause of all human suffering, but God provided for our atonement by sending His Son Jesus to bare our sins. God does not count sin against us once we have come to the cross of Jesus and accepted His free gift to us, salvation, whereby all of our sins are forgiven and we become reconciled with God. When we keep silent and do not confess our sins and accept the cleansing of our sins by the Blood of Jesus our sorrows continue to multiply.
We should all come to God in prayer and ask forgiveness of our sins, and repent, all mankind is in need of the salvation that we can only get through Jesus Christ, all should seek God while He is yet to be found.
Note verse 8: God promises that He will instruct us and teach us in the way we should go, He will counsel us and His eye shall be on us.Let us embrace the Lord and let Him come into our life, that He may guide us and lead us. Surely we will rejoice and be blessed.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2006, 01:35:48 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, sin is the cause of all human suffering, but God provided for our atonement by sending His Son Jesus to bare our sins. God does not count sin against us once we have come to the cross of Jesus and accepted His free gift to us, salvation, whereby all of our sins are forgiven and we become reconciled with God. When we keep silent and do not confess our sins and accept the cleansing of our sins by the Blood of Jesus our sorrows continue to multiply.
We should all come to God in prayer and ask forgiveness of our sins, and repent, all mankind is in need of the salvation that we can only get through Jesus Christ, all should seek God while He is yet to be found.
Note verse 8: God promises that He will instruct us and teach us in the way we should go, He will counsel us and His eye shall be on us.Let us embrace the Lord and let Him come into our life, that He may guide us and lead us. Surely we will rejoice and be blessed.

Amen Sister Maria!

These are beautiful thoughts and beautiful Scriptures. The lost should be in our prayers every day. We can and should pray that God softens their hearts for the hearing of the GOSPEL. JESUS truly is the only answer for the misery of sin, and HE is waiting with HIS arms outstretched.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 124:8 NASB  Our help is in the name of the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the