Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:28:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  IS BUDDHA A SERVANT OF CHRIST if not then why is he described in the BIBLE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IS BUDDHA A SERVANT OF CHRIST if not then why is he described in the BIBLE  (Read 15741 times)
toolapc

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2005, 01:19:13 PM »

Buddism does not coincide with Christianity? or does it. is BUddha not in the BIBLE. why would buddha be in the bible if it has nothing to do with christianty. BUDDHA MADE it to the third heaven and here is paul explaing how he cant boast compared to the super apostle a servent of CHRIST

2 Corinthians 12 (messages)
Paul's Vision and His Thorn
    1I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell. 5I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say.

do u not understand the end of times is near so all the deep secerts will be reaveled even if its not known in the church community. Buddha is the only person recorded in the world that made it to the third heaven hes far from a false prophet and we know this because they belive in the second coming of  christ if buddha was false then they would not belive in the second coming all the majoy religions that embrace the second coming christ, in my book thus are servant of jesus.

see Buddha is a servant of JESUS because JESUS is the LORD.
also if it was not for the musilim religion christans would be worshipping icons of jesus pictures. thats why we were losing in the beging of the crusades, untill christians got ride of their icons.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 12:02:45 PM by toolapc » Logged
Bronzesnake
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 03:30:48 PM »

My friend. Buddah is not in the Bible.
That verse says this person was caught up "fourteen years ago" Buddah was born in 560 B.C. so it certainly was not Buddah. Buddah was a false prophet.

Paul was actually speaking of himself. He was the person who was caught up. If you read through the verses you will understand that he was doing every thing he could to relate this experience without bringing glory to himself. That's the whole lesson from these verses. Not to boast...

Of such a one I will boast; yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities: Paul is essentially saying that this “nameless” man who had the vision really had something to boast about.  But “Paul himself” really could only boast in his infirmities, which was exactly what he did in 2 Corinthians 11:23-30.

I Thought I might desire to boast, I will not be a fool: Again, Paul is sharply – and humorously – contrasting himself with the “super apostles” among the Corinthian Christians.  They would not hesitate to boast about the kind of vision Paul had.  In fact, they would write books, make tapes and videos, and go on speaking tours about such a vision!  And if they did, each of them would be a fool.  Paul will not be a fool, so he will not boast in this vision.

Hope this helps you out my friend.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 05:35:54 PM »

My friend. Buddah is not in the Bible.
That verse says this person was caught up "fourteen years ago" Buddah was born in 560 B.C. so it certainly was not Buddah. Buddah was a false prophet.

Paul was actually speaking of himself. He was the person who was caught up. If you read through the verses you will understand that he was doing every thing he could to relate this experience without bringing glory to himself. That's the whole lesson from these verses. Not to boast...

Of such a one I will boast; yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities: Paul is essentially saying that this “nameless” man who had the vision really had something to boast about.  But “Paul himself” really could only boast in his infirmities, which was exactly what he did in 2 Corinthians 11:23-30.

I Thought I might desire to boast, I will not be a fool: Again, Paul is sharply – and humorously – contrasting himself with the “super apostles” among the Corinthian Christians.  They would not hesitate to boast about the kind of vision Paul had.  In fact, they would write books, make tapes and videos, and go on speaking tours about such a vision!  And if they did, each of them would be a fool.  Paul will not be a fool, so he will not boast in this vision.

Hope this helps you out my friend.

Amen brother, sing it out loud! toolpc, my prayers, are going out for you. That you may learn the word of Christ.

Praise his nam, for only is Christ worthy.
Bob

2 Chronicles 29:28 And all the congregation worshiped, the singers sang, and the trumpeters sounded; all this continued until the burnt offering was finished.

ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 02:02:40 AM »

Bronzesnake,
I like the wisdom in your answer.
I love the humble in your words.

Never change in that regard.
All that happens is for His glory and not our own.

I wonder if all the "Super preachers" today ever get this message? Probably not.  Embarrassed

And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned [certain] days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven. Neh1:4
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 04:37:11 AM »

Buddism does not coincide with Christianity? or does it. is BUddha not in the BIBLE. why would buddha be in the bible if it has nothing to do with christianty. BUDDHA MADE it to the third heaven and here is paul explaing how he cant boast compared to the super apostle a servent of CHRIST

1I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell. 5I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say.
do u not understand the end of times is near so all the deep secerts will be reaveled even if its not known in the church community. Buddha is the only person recorded in the world that made it to the third heaven in the old covanet.

also if it was not for the musilim religion christans would be worshipping icons of jesus pictures. thats why we were losing in the beging of the crusades, untill christians got ride of their icons.

toolapc,

Are you the return of a banned person who used the name GalacticHuman? If so, the same rules that got you banned then still apply.

Buddha was an inanimate rock and has nothing to do with our Living Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Buddha is not an allowed topic here because this is a Christian forum. So, let me be clear that any teaching here about Buddha will be deleted and you will be warned. Further attempts after your warning will result in you being banned.

Muslims deny that Jesus Christ is God, and they consider him to be subordinate to Mohamed. Again, this is a Christian forum, and the teachings of Islam are not permitted here. See the above paragraph about warnings and being banned for putting material like this on Christians Unite. The same would apply to links that contain such material.

Buddhism and Islam are anti-Christ, and they have no connection at all to Christianity. Further, there is no mixture or comparison between them and Christianity. So, they are prohibited topics here. They are in fact anti-Christ and anti-Christian, and this is a Christian Family Forum completely devoted to the love of Jesus Christ, VERY GOD, as Lord and Saviour. You are welcome to ask questions about becoming a Christian here, but you are not welcome to preach Islam, Buddhism, or any other religion that denies Jesus Christ is God. Please read the forum rules and obey them. Please consider this a warning

Bronzesnake
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 04:43:48 PM »

Thank you Dreamweaver and Forhisglory.
technological

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 04:25:17 PM »

I suggest a good read would be "The Case for Christ" I believe it discusses things similar to this if not directly. I am still reading it when I have time. It is very helpful.
Marco25

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 04:32:23 PM »

Could the person he is talking about be John? He did right revelations. Were he described in detail what would come in the end times. John does say there are some things that would be impossible to describe?
Bronzesnake
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 05:08:36 PM »

Could the person he is talking about be John? He did right revelations. Were he described in detail what would come in the end times. John does say there are some things that would be impossible to describe?

Impossible. Paul says it happened 14 years prior.
Paul was speaking of himself.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 06:18:25 PM »

Impossible. Paul says it happened 14 years prior.
Paul was speaking of himself.

Amen, Bronze, 2Cor 12: 6 & 7 clearly state that he was talking of himself.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
LiL-Christian

Our current status is: "VOLUNTEER'S ON STRIKE!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 03:08:03 AM »

do u not understand the end of times is near so all the deep secerts will be reaveled even if its not known in the church community. Buddha is the only person recorded in the world that made it to the third heaven hes far from a false prophet and we know this because they belive in the second coming of  christ if buddha was false then they would not belive in the second coming all the majoy religions that embrace the second coming christ, in my book thus are servant of jesus.

I think that this is more talking about Christ and not about Bhuddah. Christ was picked up by clouds when he went back up to heaven. I Paul was just describing Jesus.

Revelation 3:20
Bronzesnake
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 01:24:16 AM »

I think that this is more talking about Christ and not about Bhuddah. Christ was picked up by clouds when he went back up to heaven. I Paul was just describing Jesus.

Paul was not talking about Jesus. Paul says "I know a man in Christ"

Again, Paul was talking about his own journey to Heaven fourteen years earlier.

technological

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 12:00:44 PM »

When reading the bible you have to read it as a whole
 the bible clearly reminds us to be careful and not follow into false doctrines and teachings. I posted some scripture that might be of some help to you and your questions.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh to the Father but by me." John 14:6.

Revelation 20:15 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Joshua 24:15
But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

Romans 14:11 (New International Version)

11It is written:
   " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
   'every knee will bow before me;
      every tongue will confess to God.' "[a]

Philippians 2:11 (New International Version)

11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
      to the glory of God the Father.

2 Kings 17:12
They worshiped idols, though the LORD had said, "You shall not do this."

Exodus 20-'You shall have no other gods before Me.'
TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

1 Thessalonians 5:21: "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.''

"2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths." (2 Timothy 4:2-4 NASB)

Looking at Matthew 7:15-23, we find Jesus gives us the guideline for determining false teachings and false prophets:

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Hope this helps

technological

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 01:21:16 PM »

here is another verse I found about false guidances

Leviticus 20:6
As for the person who turns to mediums and to spiritists, to play the harlot after them, I will also set My face against that person and will cut him off from among his people
TWalker

Truthseeker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 08:51:17 PM »

Buddha was an inanimate rock and has nothing to do with our Living Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Buddha is not an allowed topic here because this is a Christian forum.

Question - did I read that right? Buddha was an inanimate rock? I thought he was a person in India? am I making an error here by asking this? I don't want to go against the rules but I do want to know the truth- thank you, and if this is breaking the rules please just let me know, I'm new here! thanks!

Isaiah 45:19
Romans 2:8
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the