Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:13:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  IS BUDDHA A SERVANT OF CHRIST if not then why is he described in the BIBLE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IS BUDDHA A SERVANT OF CHRIST if not then why is he described in the BIBLE  (Read 15754 times)
baxley

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2007, 10:16:43 AM »

Doesn't Buddaism believe in reincarnation ?
If you don't get it right in this lifetime you can try again in the next.
What a bunch of phooey!!!

Scripture tells us that 1st we die and then comes the judgement.

Reincarnation is just man's way of trying to convince himself that he's not on his way to hell.
If reincarnation were truth the there would be no need of a savior. But we need a savior. We need Christ. He is the only true way to salvation. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Any other door is a deception no matter how good it makes us feel.
Pray that God's Merciful Hand would fall upon all Buddist and that their eyes would be opened to the Truth and Grace of God and that they would be saved.
Afterall, He died for them, too.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2007, 10:45:21 AM »

Amen.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2007, 01:57:10 PM »

And another AMEN!

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Carmichael

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2007, 08:01:52 AM »

toolapc,

Are you the return of a banned person who used the name GalacticHuman? If so, the same rules that got you banned then still apply.

Buddha was an inanimate rock and has nothing to do with our Living Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Buddha is not an allowed topic here because this is a Christian forum. So, let me be clear that any teaching here about Buddha will be deleted and you will be warned. Further attempts after your warning will result in you being banned.

Muslims deny that Jesus Christ is God, and they consider him to be subordinate to Mohamed. Again, this is a Christian forum, and the teachings of Islam are not permitted here. See the above paragraph about warnings and being banned for putting material like this on Christians Unite. The same would apply to links that contain such material.

Buddhism and Islam are anti-Christ, and they have no connection at all to Christianity. Further, there is no mixture or comparison between them and Christianity. So, they are prohibited topics here. They are in fact anti-Christ and anti-Christian, and this is a Christian Family Forum completely devoted to the love of Jesus Christ, VERY GOD, as Lord and Saviour. You are welcome to ask questions about becoming a Christian here, but you are not welcome to preach Islam, Buddhism, or any other religion that denies Jesus Christ is God. Please read the forum rules and obey them. Please consider this a warning

My apologies for not seeing this sooner....

Buddhists, however, are not the anti-Christ...they don't believe in Christ as anything more than a good and great person.  That does not make them anti-...
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2007, 08:42:48 AM »

In God's own words:

Mat 12:30  He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

That makes Buddism anti-Christ. The teachings of Buddism is against the teachings of God and therefore will not be supported on this forum.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Okie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 05:38:39 PM »

You can't be a servant of Christ if you are being worshiped.  There is only one God.  Buddha does not glorify God so there for he cannot be a servant of Christ.

Would this not also be true of the Pope?
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 06:23:02 PM »

Would this not also be true of the Pope?
Only if he accepts being worshipped

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Okie

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2007, 12:29:27 AM »

Only if he accepts being worshipped

Good Answer!
 From what I have seen, He does.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2007, 08:48:41 AM »

Good Answer!
 From what I have seen, He does.
Maybe but that is another topic

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Okie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2007, 12:39:15 AM »

I agree. I really wasn't trying to hijack the thread or get an argument going.Wink

I was thinking about this thread. You know, in a way Buddha can be considered a servant of Christ. Him and a whole slew of other fellers are serving to fulfill prophecies aren't they?

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2008, 11:01:53 PM »

From what I understand,Buddhism is a state of mind,it doesn't really believe in a God(as we do).They believe in Reincarnation & karma. If you a good life & good state of mind that you will go to a higher & higher & higher level of existence, I guess 'til you reach the 3rd heaven.

Yours in Yeshua,
                                 Curious
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2008, 11:27:54 AM »

That is only partly true.
Although you will find little in the way of making Buddha (any of them) out to be gods.  Buddhism is a religious cult of self.  It has a focus strictly of self.  However upon reaching "enlightenment" one would become godlike.  Which is odd in that they do not believe in gods, but yet believe one can become godlike.

There are sects of Buddhism however that have elevated the Buddas to a godlike status and do worship them as gods.  This is however minor in comparison.  ANd yes we watch tv and see the monks in yellow and such and we say they are worshipping that idol of Buddha...they will tell us that it is not the worship of the idol, but a reflection of self awareness and spiritual reflection.  It is not to whom they put the incense before but the act of doing it help them become more aware....

Yeah right. 

You want to see what a real religion is focused on?  There is a radio host that is on a nationally syndicated morning radio show...maybe you had heard of the show "Rick and Bubba"  Well just over a week ago Rick lost his 2 year old boy.  He drowned in their swimming pool in a tragic accident.  Rick was speaking at a conference and was out of town.  When he heard the news he was faced with the decision to go home or stay at the conference.  Most of us would have packed up and headed home.  But Rick looked at his friend who was doing the conference with him.  And told him that if he goes home right now he will grieve the loss of his son, but there are thousands of people in that audience right now that are lost.  He stayed at that conference and there was reports of 100's of people coming to know Christ and receiving the gift of eternal salvation.  Even during his son's funeral services Rick got up and spoke about how his son is with a father that loves him more than even he ever could, and that his little boy is doing more to win souls for Christ right now than he ever could before.    Rick knows he will see his son again, and he could not be happier that he is in the arms of someone who loves him more than he ever could.  So that while Jesus is there preparing a place for us, we can be about His business, we can be reaching the lost and dieing.  Jesus said if you love me, keep my commandments, and His commandments were to spread the gospel from one end of the world to the other.  If we are not doing that, then we must not love Him enough. 

I do what I can to spread the word and it is not out of some self centered goal to gain enlightenment, I have all the enlightenment I need from the Bible.  But I do it because I love my father and want to see more people share in His love.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2008, 12:16:18 PM »

Amen! There is more than one way for a person to lay down their life for others.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2008, 02:53:15 PM »

Anyone or Any Religion that Denies that Jesus is the Son of God, "IS ANTICHRIST"!
AND I Mean ANYONE!!!(Sorry, I'm an old Marine/Soldier of God & this makes me Lock & Load)
To say that their is another name that you can enter the Kingdom of God by, IS calling God a Liar!
He say's there is But one Name Given in Heaven & on Earth that a man can be saved By...
And it Ain't Buddha, Muhhamad,Krishna,Harry Potter or ANY other Name you can come up with! Angry

Children of God Hear what our Lord says:
I AM THE WAY The Truth and the Life AND NO MAN COMES UNTO THE FATHER,
BUT, BY ME!.... PERIOD!!!!

This isn't an argueable TOPIC with me!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2008, 06:39:18 PM »

Anyone or Any Religion that Denies that Jesus is the Son of God, "IS ANTICHRIST"!
AND I Mean ANYONE!!!(Sorry, I'm an old Marine/Soldier of God & this makes me Lock & Load)
To say that their is another name that you can enter the Kingdom of God by, IS calling God a Liar!
He say's there is But one Name Given in Heaven & on Earth that a man can be saved By...
And it Ain't Buddha, Muhhamad,Krishna,Harry Potter or ANY other Name you can come up with! Angry

Children of God Hear what our Lord says:
I AM THE WAY The Truth and the Life AND NO MAN COMES UNTO THE FATHER,
BUT, BY ME!.... PERIOD!!!!

This isn't an argueable TOPIC with me!

Amen Littleboy!

Worshippers of false gods (little "g") will realize their final destination one day, and it will be too late. There appears to be more false gods by the day now, especially considering that many men have decided to worship themselves. Humanism appears to be popping up everywhere and even taking over many so-called churches. I'm sure that the devil is well-pleased with Humanism and other false religions. What the devil can't stand is the GOOD NEWS OF JESUS CHRIST AND THE CROSS. THIS GOOD NEWS is still the most POWERFUL MESSAGE on earth! The devil suffered a horrible DEFEAT at the CROSS OF JESUS! JESUS CHRIST made the perfect sacrifice and provided the ONLY WAY to be rescued from the curse of sin and death.

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the