Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:27:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  IS BUDDHA A SERVANT OF CHRIST if not then why is he described in the BIBLE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IS BUDDHA A SERVANT OF CHRIST if not then why is he described in the BIBLE  (Read 15707 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 09:24:37 PM »

The word Buddha means awakened or to be awake to the world. There are many men that were called Buddha the first being Siddhartha Gotama who lived in India around 2500 years ago.  What he was referring to above is the statue that is also known as Buddha and is worshipped by most Buddhist.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TWalker

Truthseeker

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 09:34:54 PM »

thank you, that clears it up completely. Only I wish he'd said "staue of Buddha" not "Buddha" but then again, I didn't understand any of toolapc's post, so I was confused to start out with.

Isaiah 45:19
Romans 2:8
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 11:02:54 PM »

Buddha was an inanimate rock and has nothing to do with our Living Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Buddha is not an allowed topic here because this is a Christian forum.

Question - did I read that right? Buddha was an inanimate rock? I thought he was a person in India? am I making an error here by asking this? I don't want to go against the rules but I do want to know the truth- thank you, and if this is breaking the rules please just let me know, I'm new here! thanks!

TWalker,

How else could you read it? Buddha was and is an inanimate rock. Maybe I can help you a little more:

Inanimate = Non-Moving
Rock = Not Living

You can probably find thousands of pictures on the Internet if you're not familiar with this term. They come in various sizes, colors, and materials. It's used for idol worship. Use any search engine for additional details. If you use Google, you can click for a picture and actually see one.

Roll Eyes

This is a Christian forum, so you will never see a picture of Buddha here. Further, you won't be seeing any posts here regarding the defense or promotion of Buddhism or any other false religion that is contrary to the teachings of the Holy Bible. Read the forum rules for more detailed information.

friendship bunch

hot sync

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2006, 10:43:57 PM »

You can't be a servant of Christ if you are being worshiped.  There is only one God.  Buddha does not glorify God so there for he cannot be a servant of Christ.

my first love will always be my Lord.
Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 10:28:56 PM »

The last time I saw Buddah, he wasn't in the bible. He was in red marble and in the corner of my favorite Chinese restaurant. The sign said to rub his belly. I passed on the suggestion.

God Bless,
Kelly

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 02:46:41 AM »

Buddhism, simply put, is white witchcraft.  They see themselves as potential gods, or wrather, enlightened beings, which they see as higher than gods.  (in buddhism, gods are seen as a bunch of lazy, partying beach bumbs, mindlessly existing.)  According to the Dalai lama, in the foreward to the book, "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying", written by buddhist master Sogyal Rinpoche,  Buddhism is nothing more than practicing to die (meditation) so one can encounter the terror of dying with a peace of mind sufficient to gain good karma, and thereby be reincarnated to a higher level of existence in his next life, untill enlightenment is attained.  On page 116-117, Rinpoche claimes that a god is the result of negative karma--a lesser life form than human.  Buddhists invite demonic possesion, and see the "release of the buddah inside us all" as freedom from any and all desire.  They appeal to ancient "wisdom" and tradition as a proof of truth--yet noone has ever come back from the dead to verify that buddhism is true.  In the Bible, in Christianity, we see exactly that happen.  God proved the Savior, Jesus, was the Messiah, by raising Him from the dead. (Acts 17:31)

There is no room for Jesus in the Buddhist tradition.  They believe blindly, that each individual person is responsible for his own salvation from the cycle of reincarnation, to the state of being of "enlightenment".  (p. 61)  Like all cults (spelled occult) we see today, they emphasize believing the teachings of tradition blindly, and absolutely, with no other reason than the ancient ones believed it.

The closest that buddhists get to Jesus, is to deny everything about Him, but that He existed, and taught good things.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 02:56:22 AM by 1Tim » Logged

As He leads
1Tim
1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2006, 03:27:41 AM »

You can probably find thousands of pictures on the Internet if you're not familiar with this term. They come in various sizes, colors, and materials. It's used for idol worship. Use any search engine for additional details. If you use Google, you can click for a picture and actually see one.

The statue of Buddha is not worshipped as an idol as we think about Idol worship.  It is viewed as an icon, to help the medditator focus and release the power of his imagination, (witchcraft) as the Buddha did. The understanding is not that the statue or the man it represents will help them, but that they can help themselves by following his example. ( The Mormon & JW "Jesus")  They believe the buddha is allready within them (the meditator) and it only needs to be released, through focusing their mind.  The "idol" is not the statue or picture of the Buddha.  The idol of the buddhist is himself.

We see this same philosophy today in mainstream media with montras like, "If you believe it, you can achieve it" , and, "...if you want it bad enough", and on page 41, & 96 of the Satanic Bible, by Anton Szandor LaVey
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 03:51:47 AM by 1Tim » Logged

As He leads
1Tim
outlaw

I'm The Lords Greatest....

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 02:44:09 PM »

1 Thessalonians 5:21: "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.''
"2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths." (2 Timothy 4:2-4 NASB)

Looking at Matthew 7:15-23, we find Jesus gives us the guideline for determining false teachings and false prophets:
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

HI. These two statements could not be more true today.

For God so loved the world.....whats the statement for Jesus?
He had to die.....?
Len

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 10:20:24 PM »

The last time I saw Buddha, he was an overweight Sgt. (E4) handling personal equipment in my Air Force sqadron in Thailand. His real name was Larry Fields but everybody called him Buddha because of the physical similarity between Larry and a statue at the local temple.

Cheesy Cheesy

"The Lord is my portion says my soul. Therefore, I will hope in Him."
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 10:28:17 PM »

The last time I saw Buddha, he was an overweight Sgt. (E4) handling personal equipment in my Air Force sqadron in Thailand. His real name was Larry Fields but everybody called him Buddha because of the physical similarity between Larry and a statue at the local temple.

Cheesy Cheesy

I think I may know that Buddha.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2006, 03:53:40 AM »

The humor I see in that, is the statue is of an obese man.  Buddhism condemns obesity as gluttony,  bad karma.

In every occult religion I've seen so far, Jesus allways finds a way to illustrate the lie in it, so that, "... men are without excuse..."  (Rom 1:20)

As He leads
1Tim
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2006, 05:05:42 PM »

the greek that Paul used is the equivalent to our third person point of view. Kinda like a flashback of something someone has experienced. Buddhism and Taoism as well as Hinduism all talk about transcendance to a higher plane of existance. Paul was speaking about himself in 2 Cor. My old prof and I had a nice discussion about this passage when I was in bible college. He explained to me that the evidence in the syntax of the greek suggested that paul was in fact speaking of himself. When humans undergo periods of extreme trauma or infliction of pain, things happen in the mind that could cause a human to see a vision or something of that nature. Paul could have had one of these visions (induced by God) or he could very well have been dead for a short period of time. It's hard to say with 100% accuracy which is the case seeing as this point in Paul's ministry he was nearing the end of his life in prison...so i don't think we'll ever get a straight 110% answer as to what Paul was going through unless we have historical documents or a written account of Paul's day by day sufferings from another source. Paul did suffer alot, however, we don't know th exact thoughts and we can't really see exactly verbatum what Paul saw since we don't have Paul's eyes. But no, Buddism isn't in the Bible. The only religions that are mentioned in the bible are that of the occult (witchcraft), hedonism, the greek form of idol worship, and nature worship..i could be forgetting a few, but i'm pretty sure those are the major ones. Anyways, just a few thoughts.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2006, 06:48:50 PM »

Buddha does get mentioned in the Bible in a generic sort of way.

1Jo 5:20  And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
1Jo 5:21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Rev 9:20  And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2006, 06:54:25 PM »

You're right in a generic sort of way. In any case it's a bad thing any way you go about it lol.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
ProphetBob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 05:15:49 PM »

Jesus answered your question in John 10:8
all before Him were thieves and robbers
that includes buddha
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the