Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:55:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why did he "create" homosexuality?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did he "create" homosexuality?  (Read 4382 times)
hisloveneverfails3

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2005, 11:37:52 PM »

If a close friend of yours, who was not a christian asked you this question:
     "If God is the creator of everything in the universe, and God supposedly did not create homosexuality, then why did he make men and men or women and women attracted to each other?"
What would you say?

One of my friends asked me a question very similar to this, and after much thought I came up with my own answers, I would love to know anyone else's answers too.
Thanks! Smiley

-MARIGRACE
"For sin shall not be your master, because your are not under law, but under GRACE"
(Romans 6:14)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 01:39:48 AM »

"If God is the creator of everything in the universe, and God supposedly did not create homosexuality, then why did he make men and men or women and women attracted to each other?"
What would you say?

One of my friends asked me a question very similar to this, and after much thought I came up with my own answers, I would love to know anyone else's answers too.
Thanks! Smiley

God created us with free will. We chose the things we want to get involved with. Homosexuality is a chioce, a life style.
God does not create us with something which will cause us to lose our eternal souls.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 12:43:15 PM »

What would you say?

Thanks! Smiley

Gen 1:27
So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:31
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, [it was] very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Please note that God said that everything He made was good.

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Note that God says that this is an abomination, which is the exact opposite of good.

Rom 1:19
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.
Rom 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Please note throught he bolded and underlined parts, that God is simply allowing them to do what they want to do anyway, and He is not striving with them or trying to convince them otherwise.  They choose to be attracted to each other, and choose to give themselves up to that attraction and lust, just as Bronze explained.

God made men to be attracted to women, and women to be attracted to men....that was good (and is).  

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 01:10:43 PM »

What would you say?

Thanks! Smiley

Gen 1:27
So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:31
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, [it was] very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Please note that God said that everything He made was good.

Also, please note that this was before the "fall", too.

Sex sure has gotten mankind into a heap of trouble, hasn't it?

Am curious...........just for a moment, consider what this world might be like if sex were not pleasurable, and was used for pro-creation only?

Comments?

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 01:17:31 PM »

What would you say?

Thanks! Smiley

God created us with free will. We chose the things we want to get involved with. Homosexuality is a chioce, a life style.
God does not create us with something which will cause us to lose our eternal souls.

God created us in His image and likeness and we WERE destined to commune with Him forever, that is, until the "fall".  Sin causes us to separate from God.  Sin caused a different mindset in man.  We do not have the mindset we were originally created with, because of sin.  Sin perverted all the "good" He created.

sabrina

Let the work I've done speak for me........

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 01:43:14 PM »

I feel the emotions the Lord created in us were for man and woman, for the purpose of them joining,, and as like everything the Lord has created the deviled has found some way to defile it thus we have homosexuality.  A deviation from the norm, from the good.  The Lord told his disciples in the beginning that he would not be speaking with them long,  because the ruler of this world cometh.  He has control of everything here,  including some folks.   And you are so right about the Lord giving us free will...........and their are choices we have to make.......and your friends choice I regret to say will have devastating consequences.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 02:26:43 PM »

What would you say?

Thanks! Smiley

God created us in His image and likeness and we WERE destined to commune with Him forever, that is, until the "fall".  Sin causes us to separate from God.  Sin caused a different mindset in man.  We do not have the mindset we were originally created with, because of sin.  Sin perverted all the "good" He created.

True...to a point. God did create Adam and Eve with free will, and even though they walked in the very presence of God, they still chose to sin.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 03:55:41 PM »

What would you say?

Thanks! Smiley

True...to a point. God did create Adam and Eve with free will, and even though they walked in the very presence of God, they still chose to sin.

Eve was deceived.  Adam willingly sinned.

BTW.........supposedly there's a book being published (?) that talks about the two trees in the "Garden".  We all believe God planted every tree and herb of the field, and He saw they were good.  Here comes the clincher.......the book supposedly talks about Satan sneaking in and planting the "tree of good and evil."  Possibly, this is why God told Adam and Eve not to eat of it.  Interesting thought!!

ravenloche

I am a messianic christian

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 05:03:51 PM »

God did not "create" homosexuality, or "make" a person to
be homosexual. As was stated earlier we were made with a
free choice. Notice that God created Adam and Eve, not
Adam and Steve!

ravenloche

if not you, who? if not now, when?
if not here, where? if it is to be it is up to me!
John 3:17 for he came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world thru him might be saved! Rom 8:1 there is therefore no con-
demnation to those who are in
christ Jesus...
Bronzesnake
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 05:31:01 PM »

What would you say?

Thanks! Smiley

BTW.........supposedly there's a book being published (?) that talks about the two trees in the "Garden".  We all believe God planted every tree and herb of the field, and He saw they were good.  Here comes the clincher.......the book supposedly talks about Satan sneaking in and planting the "tree of good and evil."  Possibly, this is why God told Adam and Eve not to eat of it.  Interesting thought!!

Eve was deceived.  Adam willingly sinned. Huh
Eve was told at the same time that God told Adam, not to eat of that tree. Eve went to the tree in the first place, even though God had warned her about it. She was deceived, yes, but all sin begins with deceit from satan influence.

Adam and Eve were both equally guilty, but look what God said to Eve.

Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What [is] this [that] thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.  

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:  

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.  

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.  

Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life;

God actually caused the woman to physically suffer because of her sin.

When God judges Adam, he doesn't cause him any immediate physical consequence. He curses the ground which Adam will from that moment on have to sweat and work in order to eat and live.

Both Adam and eve become mortal, and as God warned, they would both die. Eve actually sinned before she even took a bite of the forbiden fruit. By listening to the serpent, who told her God was a liar, that she would not die as a result of eating the fruit. So Eve did not believe God, she chose to believe satan instead. That is a sin.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 05:40:57 PM »

What would you say?

Thanks! Smiley

Eve was deceived.  Adam willingly sinned.

While that is an interesting theory it is not Biblical.

Gen 2:9  And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 05:44:58 PM »

Bronze,

Gen:2:15-18  

verse 17 says (to Adam only, as Eve is not yet on the scene) But from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it, you shall surely die.
Then verse 18 God decides that it isn't good for Adam to be alone.

Are you getting my IM's?

Grace and peace,
cris

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 05:48:34 PM »

PR,

Yes, you are correct.  It doesn't sound biblical to me either.  Maybe the book will shed more on this theory.  We'll have to wait and see.

Grace and peace,
cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 05:49:50 PM »

Bronze,

Gen:2:15-18  

verse 17 says (to Adam only, as Eve is not yet on the scene) But from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it, you shall surely die.
Then verse 18 God decides that it isn't good for Adam to be alone.

Are you getting my IM's?

Grace and peace,
cris

While this is true it is also true that Eve knew of Gods commandment on the tree.

Gen 3:2  And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
Gen 3:3  But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 05:55:09 PM »

PR,

You're right again.  I have a question though.  If Eve's eyes weren't opened to begin with, then how is it she SAW the tree was good for food before she even ate it?

Grace and peace,
cris

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the