Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:03:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why did he "create" homosexuality?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did he "create" homosexuality?  (Read 4377 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 06:05:56 PM »

Bronze,

Gen:2:15-18  

verse 17 says (to Adam only, as Eve is not yet on the scene) But from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it, you shall surely die.
Then verse 18 God decides that it isn't good for Adam to be alone.

Are you getting my IM's?

Grace and peace,
cris

While this is true it is also true that Eve knew of Gods commandment on the tree.

Gen 3:2  And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
Gen 3:3  But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Obviously, Adam did tell Eve of God's command.  That's what I was taught.

Hey, if you and your wife were the only two people on earth, and all of a sudden a serpent starts talking to you, would you just stand there and hold a conversation with IT?  I think I'd run  r e a l  fast.  Then again, I'm not Adam or Eve, and wasn't in the Garden.

Grace and peace,
cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 06:23:11 PM »

This is what is meant by she was deceived. Satan convinced her that she would not die by eating this fruit.

She willingly chose to believe Satan instead of God.

Gen 3:4  And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3:6  And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

If Eve's eyes weren't opened to begin with, then how is it she SAW the tree was good for food before she even ate it?

However he did it we are not clearly told but Satan convinced her somehow. (Just guessing here) Perhaps he ate of it in front of her to prove that it would not kill her??

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 06:32:01 PM »

This is what is meant by she was deceived. Satan convinced her that she would not die by eating this fruit.

She willingly chose to believe Satan instead of God.

Gen 3:4  And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3:6  And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

If Eve's eyes weren't opened to begin with, then how is it she SAW the tree was good for food before she even ate it?

However he did it we are not clearly told but Satan convinced her somehow. (Just guessing here) Perhaps he ate of it in front of her to prove that it would not kill her??

Yep, there are pieces missing.  We are left imagining what might have happened.  I've had lots of thoughts on what could have been the case, but I'll spare you, for now anyway. Grin  It's just interesting to hear about how others think...................some people just don't, and some might think too much. Grin  It isn't pertinent(sp?) to our salvation but, nevertheless, an interesting topic.

Grace and peace,
cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2005, 06:40:43 PM »

The pertinent part is the part that is told to us in the Bible.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 08:47:06 PM »

Bronze,

verse 17 says (to Adam only, as Eve is not yet on the scene) But from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it, you shall surely die.

Are you getting my IM's?

Grace and peace,
cris

I responded to three or four of your PM's to me, you obviously didn't get them.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005, 08:48:50 PM »

Bronze,

Are you getting my IM's?

Grace and peace,
cris

I responded to three or four of your PM's to me, you obviously didn't get them.

Obviously!

Grace and peace,
cris

Mathurin

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2005, 12:01:29 AM »

Noone is born homosexual.  It is not genetic.  For two hundred years psychiatrists have agreed that it is due to a number of factors during the developmental years, such as amount of interaction with the same sex parent.  If it were genetic it would either be a dominant or recessive gene.  If you pick up a genetics textbook anywhere you can study about selection against a recessive or dominant trait.  If it were dominant there would be no homosexuality; if it were recessive it would be as common as albinism, or 1 in 5,000  instead of 1 in 20.
hisloveneverfails3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2005, 01:35:24 AM »

thats very true. God did not make it as a gene or anything like that. What my friend meant was why are those things here on earth if God didn't create it. I do not practice or believe in homosexuality. I believe it is another trap that Satan trys to get us caught in. Gods perfect law was for a man and a woman to be united as one, adam and eve not "adam and steve". lol
But of course satan hates God's perfect law and his will, so he corrupts it and messes it up, he makes us believe that a man and a man or woman and a woman is ok- when really, its not.

-MARIGRACE
"For sin shall not be your master, because your are not under law, but under GRACE"
(Romans 6:14)
Mathurin

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2005, 08:11:25 AM »

If someone is an actual 100% pure homosexual who has no feelings at all and never has for the opposite sex, I don't think it was really a choice of theirs to make.  I think that is the case in a small percentage of situations though.   Wanting to know why it exists if God did not make it is a very simple question with a very simple answer, you have probably been trying too hard.  I find the best way to elevate the level of the conversation from the elementary level up to one that can actually be engaged in and not just puzzled over is the selective use of thought provoking questions.   Such as, Why is there gasoline if God didn't make it?  Why are there computers?  The answer is simple enough, God gave us free will to create many things, good and bad.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 10:20:51 PM by Mathurin » Logged
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2005, 01:06:04 PM »

We may not understand the origens of the "impulse" to act in a homosexual nature, but is that reason to act on the impulse? we have clear instruction to the contrary. "if your right hand causes you to sin........." (forgive my lack of verse memorization). We are not to act on impulse that we know and can see is contrary to Gods law.

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
LedByTheLamb

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2005, 11:56:39 AM »

Nobody is born homosexual and nobody is created that way.  We all have free will and all can be tricked by satan.  God does not create someone to do something he dispises.
Polarisandy

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2005, 04:31:16 PM »

If you pick up a genetics textbook anywhere you can study about selection against a recessive or dominant trait.  If it were dominant there would be no homosexuality; if it were recessive it would be as common as albinism, or 1 in 5,000  instead of 1 in 20.

I'm sorry but you really are in correct there I have to say. In the case of one recessive gene the odds on expression are 3:1 (dominant : recessive), the odds for characteristics requiring two recessive genes are 15:1 (9:3:3:1 (DD, DR, RD, RR)) . for charecteristics requiring the expression of more than two recessive genes the odds go up in an exponetial manner
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2005, 09:41:37 AM »

I am grieved by the number of children and young adults who are bullied and taunted by namecalling of "homo", "freak", "lesbian" in schools.  Some children look different or have different mannerisms such as a male having a higher pitched voice, more effeminate gestures, different interests than other males.  This is no reason for someone to be bullied or to think they must be "gay".  

Often people with mild autism come across as looking or acting differently.  I know one young woman who has Asperger's Syndrome, a type of high functioning autism.  She was constantly called lesbian and gay during her school years because she was not interested and could not afford fashionable clothing.  She did not have too much interest in flirting with boys either.  Even as she pursued higher education she was constantly being asked if she was gay either as an insult or by sexual predators.   There was constant pressure with men she dated to "prove" she wasn't gay by participating in unwanted sexual contact.  She actually started to wonder if she was gay because she was constantly being told she must be.  Only she was not gay.

This is the kind of pressure and abuse our youth are going through these days.  Children and young adults should not be bullied, especially by being labelled as homosexual because they are different.  
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2005, 10:22:10 AM »

I agree, M. People can be cruel. I know of a young lady that is educationally handicapped. A very smart young lady in all other aspects. She has what is known as a "lazy eye" where the eyelid droops. Because of these things many people teased her, calling her retard as well as many other things. She was verbally abused sexually also. She dressed in baggy blue jeans and sweat shirts even in the middle of a hot summer as a result. Some of this mistreatment was received from kids at church.

Thank God there was a few caring adults around her. Today she is happily married and the mother of a beautiful, sweet young daughter. She works daily with mentally, educationally and physically handicapped children trying to bring them to the Lord.

This is part of our many responsibilities as Christians to try to change. To bring these children to Jesus. To stop this type of abuse.

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2005, 08:38:54 AM »

If a close friend of yours, who was not a christian asked you this question:
     "If God is the creator of everything in the universe, and God supposedly did not create homosexuality, then why did he make men and men or women and women attracted to each other?"
What would you say?

One of my friends asked me a question very similar to this, and after much thought I came up with my own answers, I would love to know anyone else's answers too.
Thanks! Smiley
God did not create "homosexuality". Man in his ungodly way of living seperate from God creates it. He does this in the ugly environments he molds his children.
Children are programed through this lack of God influence that produces the love and security from both male and female parents that a child needs.
It is so strongly programed into children that as becoming adults they go searching for the love and security they missed from one parent or the other.
Eventually it becomes a full blown sexual attarction that seems very difficult for them to turn away from.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the