Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:45:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why did he "create" homosexuality?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did he "create" homosexuality?  (Read 4384 times)
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2005, 04:04:46 PM »

Hi you all,

I figured i'd drop my two cents in here in a moment. i want to add to this discussion the following view to offer another way of looking at the fact that God did not create homosexuality. God created man and woman, to become one. It was beautiful in the sight of the Almighty, however man has made it into an abomination. Therefore as Romans 1:24 -26 basically says, He gave them up to their reprobate minds. Why? Because they willingly chose to disobey God. Now i'm sure your probably thinking "what does this have to do with the discussion" Here's my thinking, If God had created homosexuality, don't you think it would be ok? There is NOWHERE in the Scriptures that say God created homosexuality. That's like saying God created sin. Actually it's the same concept. Some say that homosexuality is genetic. I just got lamblasted by a guy the other night who was a christian and wanted my view on the issue. My view is that homosexuality is a choice...not genetic. Because why would God create something contrary to what He has decreed. That would make Him out to be a liar. Which isn't true. He decided that he then wanted to attack my personal calling when someone asked was i going to be a preacher. I replied "yes" then he proceeded with "I don't believe you" It's sad taht there are those who would sugarcoat and compromise the Word. I pray that there aren't any here. I'll add this note. There are even christians who believe homosexuality is ok. However, Scripture says differently. IT'S WRONG. God didn't create the wrong in the world. God didn't create the evil in the world. God most certainly didn't create homosexuality. Which is a complete contradiction to a man and a WOMAN being joined as one in marriage. Also, 'gay' marriage is a contradiction in terms because it is the complete opposite of that which God has decreed marriage to be. It is an abomination. Now i'm not bashing homosexuals or spreading hatred as so many choose to think now adays. I'm simply doing my duty as a watchman to warn others. See if my view lines up with Scripture. If so, where's the problem? If not, tell me the problem. I pray that those who respond to this will prayerfully consider their responses because this is a touchy subject for many and it can be a stumbling block to those who are new to what the Word says. I pray you all have a great day and God Bless.

Joshua

P.S. Sorry to the admins and the rest of the regulars here. My absence has been due to a new job that i have been blessed with and I've not had much time to really sit down and compile a response. Please bear with me while i get ready for college and get settled in. I promise that I'l post more when i'm able. I say this because I know many of you are praying for me, or wondering where I've gone. Just an update. God Bless

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Mathurin

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 08:22:59 PM »

If you pick up a genetics textbook anywhere you can study about selection against a recessive or dominant trait.  If it were dominant there would be no homosexuality; if it were recessive it would be as common as albinism, or 1 in 5,000  instead of 1 in 20.

I'm sorry but you really are in correct there I have to say. In the case of one recessive gene the odds on expression are 3:1 (dominant : recessive), the odds for characteristics requiring two recessive genes are 15:1 (9:3:3:1 (DD, DR, RD, RR)) . for charecteristics requiring the expression of more than two recessive genes the odds go up in an exponetial manner

Well, I am pretty sure I am wasting my time but here goes.  Hitler wanted to create a blonde hair blue eyed population of humans.  Both of those are recessive homozygous traits, meaning that they are each the expression of 2 recessive genes being paired together.  In any pairing of genes there can be three solutions: 2 dominant genes, 1 dom and 1 rec, or 2 rec.  Dominant is always expressed over recessive.  Brown hair and brown eyes are dominant.  So if you breed 2 people with brown hair and brown eyes you can have a blonde haired blue eyed child because both of the parents could have  been  carrying  both genes but only expressing the brown ones because they are dominant.  Now that that is out of the way on to selection.  If we select against the dominant i.e. shoot all people with brown hair or brown eyes, all we will have left will be blue eyed blonde haired  people.  Their children will be blonde haired and blue eyed forever and on and on. Now if we do the reverse and shoot all the blonde hair blue eyed people we will be left with only brown haired brown eyed people but some of their children will always have blonde hair or blue eyes because the gene was hidden as it was paired with the dominant.   But they will become less and less frequent and it is virtually impossible to remove from the gene pool, but will become very rare.  

understand now?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the