Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:44:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Republicans have not Banned Abortion?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Republicans have not Banned Abortion?  (Read 5929 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2005, 09:39:24 AM »

I find it interesting, that the original poster, has not provided any input here.   Yet the rest of us have taken the bait hook line and sinker and gone to task with one another over a topic that deepens the divide with every passing reply.  

These things we know to be truth....

Abortion is wrong.  
Our Congress has problems.  
Men are dying in war.
Sin is at the heart of all the above.
Christ is the answer  

This question seems posed to create a ruckus rather than receive an answer or understanding or fellowship.   Florida_catholic....This is the second thread you have created in regards to republicans.   Exactly what is it you seek in these discussions that you never partake of after the initial post?    

I don't know about anyone else, but the division being caused here is becoming shameful.   If there is wisdom to be found in any of our assailing one another, I can certainly live without it.  

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 10:12:27 AM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2005, 10:11:28 AM »

Deaths since 2001:
In Afghanistan...............153
In Iraq..........................1,648
On US Highways.............152,655
In abortion clinics...........5,480,000

As I said before, the death of independently living human who support OTHER human lives are more important.

A unborn baby dies=one live that barely started to live

A solider dies=his life, and the life of his pregnant wife and kids are forever altered for the worse.

How can you even start to imply the death of an unborn is more important then the death of someone who risks their life to keep you safe, and feed his family on the low pay of enlisted men. Have you even been to area of a military base where the enlisted families live, Evangelist? It’s a ghetto! Most of them are on food stamps! Even with the cheep food they can get from the commissary and the tax free ideas from the PX, they are still on welfare, all to keep your freedom sacred. This flippant aptitude that the babies have done nothing other but mooch of the body of their mothers for their short lives are somehow more valuable them the lives of a Husband and father who gives his life for his country is ntohign short of offensive!
 Angry

If I had the choice between a 1000 unborn or one Solider with a family, no contest, I would pick the solider every time!  

Have I ever been to a base? Yes, many, many times. As a matter of fact, I currently have a son in law, daughter, and 3 grandkids living on one.  My son spent 8 years in one.  None of them have lived on food stamps.

I did, though....when I spent almost 27 years in law enforcement, and raised three kids, and my take home pay was $295 a month.....so don't try to get haughty with such questions.

Flippant attitude? It seems to me you have one with your assumptions. No where did I, or anyone else, equate an unborn baby as being MORE valuable than a living one....you are the one making such judgments, which leads me to believe that your take on life is much the same as the judges who are currently issuing death warrants for some because their "quality of life" is not up to par.

Life.....ALL life....is valuable to God, and therefore SHOULD be equally valuable to us.

I find your comments to be offensive....not to me, but to God Almighty!

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2005, 10:29:34 AM »

Amen, 2T. I have noticed the same thing about Florida_catholic. Usually a single post that is meant to stir things up.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2005, 10:47:13 AM »

I myself spent a little over 20 yrs in service. While base housing was not the Taj Mahal, I found it to be quite adequate accomodations for my family. Definitely not a ghetto house. As for the PX's and Commisaries I found it cheaper quite often to shop off base. As for our soldiers having to be on food stamps .... that is a problem with many entry level jobs today and is usually confined to those that are E-4 and below (an average person can make E-5 in approx. 4 years). The Military has a better benefit package than most non-military people get (medical, cost-of-living allowances, basic allowance for quarters, family separation allowance, etc,).

While I would like to see them get something more deserving than that for their sacrifices it is still better than the non-military sector.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2005, 02:37:15 PM »

Yes Tibby you are advocating the killing  those who depend on others.  

No, reba, I’m not. If you cannot behave reasonably, I will just begin to ignore you’re posts.

I was not referring to you here Tibby but to the other posters who are being light hearted about the millions of deaths your thinking advocates.

Well, perhaps your views are not as inflatable as you think. Maybe there is nothing wrong with keeping a smile, even in the darkest of times.

point 1 Murder is already against the law in all states.

Point taken.

point 2  Christians waited to long already to throw a temper tratrum over abortion.

I agree, but we are throwing temper tantrums about less important things (see point 3 for more).

Tibby when have we not been at war some place?

The majority of the time. Committing troops to a place and being in a war are two different things, Reba. Toppling over a stable government then bringing new leadership to the Anarchy is different from sending troops to keep the peace.

point 3   You think gay marriage is a stupid issue...  It is not Study some history  study it away from texts books. Check the moral decay to see the fall of nations. Yes homosexaluty , acted on, is not moral, it is not amoral, it is unmoral. Scripture calls the act an abomination.

Well, Hitler took care of all him gays. He just rounded them up and slaughtered them. How about that? Yes, I think Gay Marriage is a very stupid issue. You want to know what causes nations to fall? They fall when they stop being a nation ruled by the peoples and become a Dictatorship that ban anything the leadership doesn’t like, THAT Is how nations fall. It is none of your business what these homosexuals do, if they are not hurting you.

However, that was not the main point of that argument. The main point was, congress has not banned Abortion because we are to busy telling them to ban gay marriage. They don’t have time for two issues that big, and we choose to try and make an amendment to keep Sinners from marrying then to make and amendment to protect the unborn, so I don’t want to here any one who whined about Gay Marriage to whine about the lack of action in abortion, because it partly your fault. By supporting the anti-gay-marriage, we told congress that we would rather keep Homosexuals from marrying then protecting the unborn. And because congress wants to stay in office, they where happy to oblige.

The republicans have control not my a lareg margin but they refuse to stand up wiht those who elected them to office. I listen to them wine about not haveing a marjorty so 'what can we do' well they have control of the commitites and they do nothing. As a group they are as usless as the democrates.

I have answered youir points to my best.

Thank you, I’m glad somebody did.

You support the killing of unborn children i will not respond to you and more.

Any again, off PM, I want to apologies for offending you, that was not my intention. My intentions where pure

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2005, 02:59:24 PM »

Sounds like FC wants to discredit republicans As I explained to Reba in my PM to her, I am not advocating the death for the unborn, I just cannot stand idlely by while people unfairly attack the GOP.

Evangelist- What are/where you’re sons rank and ? I noticed you never mentioned that. The first 13 years of my life laying with the children of Enlisted men in the Ghetto of Ft Hood is not going to change my mind. I’ve spend extensive time in the kind of poverty these people live in, just like you and Roger, and I know many of them DO use food stamps, and a Google search will show you what I mean. Articles, discussion boards, all you have to do is run a search and find the kind of poverty many lower enlisted men are in.

Life… ALL life... is VERY valuable to God, and is equally valuable to me. And in a prefect world, we would not have the triage life in this way, but guess what? We aren’t in a prefect world, and we have a limited amount of resources to save a VERY extinctive list of people, both born and unborn, both American and otherwise, who NEED those resources to survive. We HAVE to choose.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2005, 04:28:26 PM »

Life… ALL life... is VERY valuable to God, and is equally valuable to me. And in a prefect world, we would not have the triage life in this way, but guess what? We aren’t in a prefect world, and we have a limited amount of resources to save a VERY extinctive list of people, both born and unborn, both American and otherwise, who NEED those resources to survive. We HAVE to choose.

Tibby,

Greater Love hath no man but this, that a man lay down His life for a friend".

We may live in an imperfect world, but the Resource of Resources came into this world and Chose ALL of us.   We who have understood and accepted that Resource can see the waste that is around us.   We know all these things need correction and yes, we should stand for ALL that is right.   The imperfect world is going to face extinction as you put it.  There is only one Resource in which man can avoid this said extinction.    We are not going to save the world with our so called wisdom and debating of these horrific deeds which we men alone cannot stop.  Yes, It is our duty to stand for all that is right, and point others to the one and ONLY Resource that can help.   The beauty of it is, that Resource is not limited.....Its ENDLESS and available to ALL MEN!    

We could ease all burden on Congress, and the world is still lost.   We could focus only abortion, and wouldn't change a thing.  We could focus only on dying soldiers, but the empending horror that awaits the world approaches still yet.   None of our solutions will help man avoid His destiny.

You want to help those dying soldiers?   Share the resource with them.   You want to save those unborn children?  Share the resource with those mothers.   You want to help congress with the problems facing our nation?  Share the resource with them.

I'm sorry folks, but there it is.   We can't change this world.  But we most certainly can point them to the ONLY Resource that can.  

Jesus Christ!   No greater Love hath any man but this.  Share IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2005, 04:36:43 PM »

Well said Tim!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2005, 04:38:13 PM »

And another AMEN, 2T. Jesus Christ is the only answer.

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2005, 05:49:30 PM »

Evangelist- What are/where you’re sons rank and ? I noticed you never mentioned that. The first 13 years of my life laying with the children of Enlisted men in the Ghetto of Ft Hood is not going to change my mind. I’ve spend extensive time in the kind of poverty these people live in, just like you and Roger, and I know many of them DO use food stamps, and a Google search will show you what I mean. Articles, discussion boards, all you have to do is run a search and find the kind of poverty many lower enlisted men are in.

My son was a SFC, 101 Airborne, MPI/Ranger and spent 6 years in Germany (and a few other places (classified), 2 at Ft. Campbell, KY. He was there when the wall came down.

My son in law is a Sgt (just made it from Spc4), Ft. Hood, 1 Cav 2/7, just back from Iraq (got 2 Bronzes and an Army Commendation w/V  Cheesy ). He's due out in 2 months and is looking for a job in law enforcement.

Didn't think it too necessary to mention it before.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2005, 05:58:01 PM »

Ah, so we arn't talking a bout the same thing, there, then...

Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2005, 09:23:46 PM »

a topic that deepens the divide with every passing reply.

Deepens the divide between what?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2005, 01:44:36 AM »

I think he was talking about this:

This question seems posed to create a ruckus rather than receive an answer or understanding or fellowship.   Florida_catholic....This is the second thread you have created in regards to republicans.   Exactly what is it you seek in these discussions that you never partake of after the initial post?    

I don't know about anyone else, but the division being caused here is becoming shameful.   If there is wisdom to be found in any of our assailing one another, I can certainly live without it.

Which is true. It is a debate board, but some are taking this much to personally. It is a shame when we cannot have an exchange of ideas without division. I think the problems is not with your Post, FC, I think this is just the maifestation of a much bigger problem facing Christianity, the "Pick up my ball and go home" problem. We see it all the time in the Church. Instead of exchanging ideas, like adults, and argeein to disagree and fellowship together, we call eachother "unchristian" and split into 2 different church down the street from one another. It is a shame. Cry

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2005, 03:13:02 AM »

Tibby,

There was a fairly good opportunity given to let this cool down. I wish you had taken it.

This is a Christian Forum, and this specific debate is about good vs. evil with the Bible as the authority. There shouldn't be any surprise that the vast majority of Christians side with good and the Bible. It's really just as simple as that.

I'll be nice and say that I hope you didn't pay much for the load of bull you're trying to sell. Trying to associate triage with abortion is hinting that there might be something good about abortion. It brings to mind that someone might also say there is something good about genocide.

Christians are naturally going to be offended by some of the posts in this thread. If they weren't, I would worry. The fact is that the vast majority of Christians will be and are more than offended by some of the posts in this thread. I'm one of them.

Regardless, it's time to cool this thread down. We can let that happen naturally or lock it. I'll watch for a couple more posts and see what happens.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Revelation 21:23  And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2005, 03:23:21 AM »

Quote from Tibby_
" So what, Jesus used Childern (note, it is CHILDERN, not a fetus, there is a difference) as an analogy. Good for him. How does this make Children the “value of human life.” The problem with this argument is not the verse (because the bible is flawless), it is the warrant."

Young man, you're wrong, there is no difference. These are children we are talking about. Just because they happen to be in a womb does not make them any less human than outside the womb. Did you learn in college that life begets life and it happens at conception? If the fetus was non-living, I'd say you have an argument. But as it is you have no leg to stand on.

I'd take Jesus' evaluation of the matter very seriously if I were you.

asaph

« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 03:32:17 AM by asaph » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the