Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:25:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Republicans have not Banned Abortion?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Republicans have not Banned Abortion?  (Read 5965 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 04:34:39 PM »

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" This is why the majority of Soldiers join the Military and fight for. Aborted babies do not get the chance for any of these things. It is all taken away from them quite violently and forcibly.

How can anyone put one life as more important or more "valuable" than another. How does one know what one of those aborted babies will be "worth" if it had the opportunity to live. Perhaps one of those babies would be one that would find a cure to cancer or aids. Perhaps it would be the person to solve the fuel problems of this world. We will never know.

To say that any life is more important than another is to denigrate the very gift that God has given us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 04:40:34 PM »

And I think you need to become a little more imformed in the area of American Politics before posting something like this
Tibby, when you are about 30-years older I may consider entertaining the fact that you may then have enough of a clue to critize my political points of view.

Don't worry - when you have kids you will turn from your liberal ideals to conservative truths.  Smiley

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 04:51:36 PM »

Conservative = live baby
Liberal = dead baby

One can no longer consider Republicans as being conservative.  I think there are as many Democrat conservatives as there are Republican.

Compare the likes of Joe Lieberman (D) and Zell Miller (D) to the likes of George Voinovich (R) and Arlen Specter (R).  
I wouldn't support Voinovich or Specter for anything above latrine lieutenant, while I’d support Lieberman or Miller for any office.

I must agree. The names republican and democrat have gone the way of the word Christian.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2005, 05:02:34 PM »

Tibby, I don't think anyone but you is placing more emphasis on which life has more value.   Clearly there is a problem with abortion in this country period!   Can you determine the purpose of anyones life before its even started?

No, we can't which is why, if the choice is between 2 peoples life must be made, we only have their past actions to just by.

Is the value of life determined by ones contribution to the world?  Or is it determined by the value God gives it?   You will note that Christ died for ALL....not just those contributing to society.

Christ died for all, yes, I never said anyone is less worth of salvation. We arn't talking abotu salvation. We are talking about life in general. And sence we cannot tell the future contribtutiosn one will make (as you pointed out), if we have to chooe whose life COngress shoudl spend more time and money on, I think it should be those who have already made contributions and will potentially make more.

Life is life, and God is the one who gives it. People die in everyday circumstances leaving wives and children behind.  Unborns being slaughtered is quite another thing.  However, sin is the cause of it all!    God help us to see the world through your eyes, and not our own.

Thats good for God. He does what is right. And as a society, we have to do what we feel is right. People dying, leaving a wife and kids is MUCH more tragic then an unborn dying. The death of many fathers in Iraq HAS ALREADY effected many unborn!

If I had the choice between a 1000 unborn or one Solider with a family, no contest, I would pick the solider every time!

Do we get to choose which soldier to kill off in war?   How about unborns who are aborted?    Call it a hunch, but I'm guessing most soldiers understand the potential sacrifice they face for the lives back home.   I wonder how many unborns have this understanding?

Yes, the pro-choice have made it VERY clear how much a baby in the womb "understands." Science is very clear. Let those with the most understanding die last, I say. This is a case of ignorance being very bliss.

judgenot- I'm not the one saying the GOP is just as Liberal as the Dems... Tongue WHen I have kids, I doubt my common sence will have degraded that much... it takes about 18 years worth of raising kids for that to happen Grin Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
sinner

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2005, 05:15:28 PM »

i think we are the ones to make the choice not governments or anyone else we are responsible to God to do what is right according to His word. Roll Eyes
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2005, 05:20:12 PM »

Tibby, Tibby, Tibby,
You must not have read this passage in the book of Matthew.

Mat 18:1  At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
Mat 18:2  And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
Mat 18:3  And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:4  Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:5  And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
Mat 18:6  But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

This is the standard of the value of human life. Performance based worth is humanism not Christianity.

asaph

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2005, 05:29:14 PM »

Tibby, Tibby, Tibby,

Mat 18:1  At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
Mat 18:2  And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
Mat 18:3  And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:4  Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:5  And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
Mat 18:6  But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

This is the standard of the value of human life. Performance based worth is humanism not Christianity.

asaph

Amen, Asaph. The least of these will be the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2005, 05:49:20 PM »

I have a GREAT idea!  Let's all gang up on Tibby!
(He secretly loves it!)  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Tibby - I'm among the flavor of folks who believes no one should even be allowed to vote unless they are 31 years old and have children.   Grin

(California liberals are entertaining the idea of lowering the voting age to 14.  YIKES!!!!  Talk about a disaster!)

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2005, 06:19:18 PM »

Tibby - I'm among the flavor of folks who believes no one should even be allowed to vote unless they are 31 years old and have children.   Grin

(California liberals are entertaining the idea of lowering the voting age to 14.  YIKES!!!!  Talk about a disaster!)

One of those that thrives on negative attention??  Cheesy

Voting age 14?!! Very few 14 yr olds even understand the word let alone what it entails.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2005, 08:18:50 PM »

i think we are the ones to make the choice not governments or anyone else we are responsible to God to do what is right according to His word. ::)

Sinner,

If that had a chance of working, we wouldn't need any laws, police officers, courts, or prisons. However, all of those professions have full job protection since mankind is known for bad choices since the beginning of human history. This discussion is a perfect example. Many would say that we shouldn't need a law prohibiting the killing of babies. On the other side of the coin, some say it is just fine to kill babies.

God says that HE knew us in the womb and knew the number of hairs on our heads before the foundation of the world. God also said, "Thou shalt not kill". Fancy arguments and medical terms don't change the fact that millions of innocent babies are being murdered with abortions. Those responsible should keep practicing their arguments and see if one might be acceptable to God. Those who don't try to stop it should also practice these arguments, but I'm certain that God won't buy the lame excuses and arguments.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2005, 08:35:12 PM »

Grin  Grin  Grin

I think we could all contribute and send Tibby to a good Baptist finishing school.

Just kidding Tibby...........I know you might be able to get even with us in the rest home.  Grin

Reba
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2005, 11:17:03 PM »

Deaths since 2001:
In Afghanistan...............153
In Iraq..........................1,648
On US Highways.............152,655
In abortion clinics...........5,480,000

As I said before, the death of independently living human who support OTHER human lives are more important.

A unborn baby dies=one live that barely started to live

A solider dies=his life, and the life of his pregnant wife and kids are forever altered for the worse.

How can you even start to imply the death of an unborn is more important then the death of someone who risks their life to keep you safe, and feed his family on the low pay of enlisted men. Have you even been to area of a military base where the enlisted families live, Evangelist? It’s a ghetto! Most of them are on food stamps! Even with the cheep food they can get from the commissary and the tax free ideas from the PX, they are still on welfare, all to keep your freedom sacred. This flippant aptitude that the babies have done nothing other but mooch of the body of their mothers for their short lives are somehow more valuable them the lives of a Husband and father who gives his life for his country is ntohign short of offensive!
 Angry

If I had the choice between a 1000 unborn or one Solider with a family, no contest, I would pick the solider every time!  

WOW ! Tibby you advocate the murder of those who need other people? The next time you think of asking your parents or any one else for even a dime think instead of taking your life.

Diabetics need insulin..

Some folks need dialyses.

Some folks need heart medicine

I find your attitude towards the life of the unborn, unchristian and totally offensive. The fact that you are part of this CU community makes it even more offensive, and less tolerable. I do not find your statments ones to be  joked about the killing of the babies is not to be taken lightly.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2005, 04:04:40 AM »

Tibby, Tibby, Tibby,

asaph

Oh, of course, someone has to pull this verse out. When Jesus used the store of the pearl to talk about the Kingdom of Heaven, no one makes the argument that heaven is like an impurity that found its way into a mollusk, do they? So what, Jesus used Childern (note, it is CHILDERN, not a fetus, there is a difference) as an analogy. Good for him. How does this make Children the “value of human life.” The problem with this argument is not the verse (because the bible is flawless), it is the warrant.
I think a College Diploma should be required, but to each his own.

Until it starts getting personal…

There are just as many older people who agree with me as there are that agree with all of you (not here, mind you, but they are out there). I have come to believe over the years that the reason Paul told Timothy not let anyone look down in him because if his age was because age grants experience, but not wisdom. Think of experience as the crude oil that makes wisdom.

WOW ! Tibby you advocate the murder of those who need other people? The next time you think of asking your parents or any one else for even a dime think instead of taking your life.

No, Reba, I am not advocating kill those who depend on other, I am advocating that, if one has to choose between killing someone who others are depend on, or killing someone dependent, the most humane and logical choice, the choice that causes LESS suffering, is to allow the person who other rely on the live.

Diabetics need insulin.

Some folks need dialyses.

Some folks need heart medicine

I find your attitude towards the life of the unborn, unchristian and totally offensive. The fact that you are part of this CU community makes it even more offensive, and less tolerable. I do not find your statments ones to be  joked about the killing of the babies is not to be taken lightly.

I find everyone attitude toward the youth to be offence, and I can point out areas where it is unbiblical (and so can all of you). I am not joking about any of it, Reba. I gave you 3 (4 if you count the 2/3rds part) reasons why the Republicans have not banned abortion, and all you guys can do is say “oh, he is to young to understand.” Is that the case? The why has someone not addressed the other issues I brought up? If I am so wrong and unchristian (for what, I am not sure),

As for those of you getting offended, this is the Debate board, and you know it can get blood, and ALSO know that this is a very emotional topic (and a political one on top that that, adding to the drama). If we can not leave emotion at the door and talk about this like the mature, wise, adults you all claim you are and I’m not, then lets do so, otherwise, do not come in and bring it up.

I still want to see someone address my other points. I answered a question in the debate board. Everyone is saying the Republicans are wrong for not banning abortion, and I gave you a list of reasons why they are not wrong for banning it. Unless everyone agrees with my other points, I would like to agree them as well. How can I ever chance my liberal views if all you can do is say “Oh, you’re too young to understand” and leave it at that?  Of course, someone is going to say “Oh, you will never change your mind” 2 years ago I was an Evangelical who agreed with you guys on all of this, I have changed a LOT when someone has pointed out the flaws in my beliefs. If my beliefs are flawed, then point out why, and if I can not find the flaw in your flaw, then I will admit you are correct. Nothing personal, just the facts, as they lay in American Politics and the Bible.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Reba
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2005, 09:15:52 AM »

No, Reba, I am not advocating kill those who depend on other, I am advocating that, if one has to choose between killing someone who others are depend on, or killing someone dependent, the most humane and logical choice, the choice that causes LESS suffering, is to allow the person who other rely on the live.

Yes Tibby you are advocating the killing  those who depend on others.  

d everyone attitude toward the youth to be offence, and I can point out areas where it is unbiblical (and so can all of you). I am not joking about any of it, Reba. I gave you 3 (4 if you count the 2/3rds part) reasons why the Republicans have not banned abortion, and all you guys can do is say “oh, he is to young to understand.” Is that the case? The why has someone not addressed the other issues I brought up? If I am so wrong and unchristian (for what, I am not sure),

I am not joking about any of it, Reba.
I was not referring to you here Tibby but to the other posters who are being light hearted about the millions of deaths your thinking advocates.
Reba
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2005, 09:21:17 AM »

3 Reasons (with the most important last):

1. Because it is not the Republican thing to do. The Republican is pro-states rights. A TRUE conservative Republican, but definition, does not believe the Federal Government should have the power to make these kinds of Choices for the state. To do such a thing would be totally against the party platform. To make a general law outlawing abortion would overturn hunderds of state laws all over the nation!

2. There is a WAR going on. Post-birth humans are dying, and personally, I think that take priority over the unborn. Yes, unborn are still important, and it is sad that they die, but people who are living without the help of another human body, and who, in fact, support OTHER humans with their paycheck (including the unborn), are dying overseas. That is a LITTLE more important. Can't you guys want till after we get this Iraq business settled to start throwing temper tantrums about abortion?

3. This is the most important reason why they haven’t done anything since taking Power: You! And by you, and mean all of you anti-gay marriage people! You are all too hooked on stupid issue like Gay Marriage. There is not a major outcry from the banning of abortion because all of the Christians want to tell people how to live their lives. If everyone would stop getting so hung up on what sinners are doing, many they will have time to talk about Abortion! As it is, you guys have Congress running circles around that stupid gay marriage amendment! Congress only has so much time to cover the issues, and if we would stop giving them stupid things like this to deal with, then maybe they could start talking about Abortion, and other issues that matter!

On top of all of that, while the GOP does have some power, it is still pretty even. We are not talking about a 2/3rds majority needed. Laws this big would more then likely take a 2/3rds vote. So, even is State rights wasn't as issue, and the combat was over, and Congress wasn't being bothers with lesser issues, then the likelihood of this law getting any further then a Standing Committee is not likely.  

Just my 2 cents... and a little change left over for a coke  ;D

point 1 Murder is already against the law in all states.

point 2  Christians waited to long already to throw a temper tratrum over abortion.  Tibby when have we not been at war some place?

point 3   You think gay marriage is a stupid issue...  It is not Study some history  study it away from texts books. Check the moral decay to see the fall of nations. Yes homosexaluty , acted on, is not moral, it is not amoral, it is unmoral. Scripture calls the act an abomination.

The republicans have control not my a lareg margin but they refuse to stand up wiht those who elected them to office. I listen to them wine about not haveing a marjorty so 'what can we do' well they have control of the commitites and they do nothing. As a group they are as usless as the democrates.

I have answered youir points to my best. You support the killing of unborn children i will not respond to you and more.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 09:36:01 AM by Reba » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the