Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Republicans have not Banned Abortion?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Republicans have not Banned Abortion?  (Read 5968 times)
Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2005, 10:43:11 PM »

Why do you think Republicans have not banned abortion?

Republicans hold a majority in all three branches of government.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 10:43:54 PM by Florida_Catholic » Logged
Reba
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 10:54:36 PM »

They are cowards. As of yesterday i am no longer a republican.. I have not been a democrat for  about 30 years....
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 11:01:20 PM »

Maybe because:

1.  They're afraid of starting another war, or
2.  They aren't sure how to use their power, or
3.  They're afraid of the democrats, (back to #1), or
4.  They don't want to deal with it, or
5.  They believe in choice, or
6.  They feel banning abortion won't stop it but rather create
     an illegal butcher shop.
7.  Who really knows?Huh

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 11:11:58 PM »

They are cowards. As of yesterday i am no longer a republican.. I have not been a democrat for  about 30 years....

Heading in that direction myself!!!

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 11:19:07 PM »

Heading in that direction myself!!!

Mmmm
Could this mean Hillary(sp?) might be our next president?

Reba
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 11:41:02 PM »

The only difference between the 2 parties is how they deal with abortion. The demos are for it, the repbulicans do not say they are for it, but their lack of action speaks LOUDLY.

O for a man to love the God given place of his birth...  

IF my people who are called by my name........

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 12:41:12 AM »

Why do you think Republicans have not banned abortion?

Republicans hold a majority in all three branches of government.

Probably for the same reason they couldn't get a simple up or down vote for judges. Add the word "Judicial" to "Political", and it should become apparent this will be a long fight.

There has been more anti-abortion work and progress in the last several years than in the entire history since Roe vs. Wade. There have even been some victories, even though the goal wasn't reached. So far, nobody has mentioned the hardest obstacle to get around - THE JUDICIAL. Those who have fought the battle from the beginning know that the Constitutional arguments are what has to be overcome. It won't do any good to pass new legislation just to have it declared Unconstitutional.

Here's what should be a given in this discussion:

Democrats are pro-choice - for abortion.

Republicans are pro-life - against abortion.

If Democrats have their way, Roe vs. Wade will be etched in granite forever, and no amount of work will ever be able to undo it. In fact, this is part of the Democratic platform.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 4:14  But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 05:01:14 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 04:45:11 AM »

3 Reasons (with the most important last):

1. Because it is not the Republican thing to do. The Republican is pro-states rights. A TRUE conservative Republican, but definition, does not believe the Federal Government should have the power to make these kinds of Choices for the state. To do such a thing would be totally against the party platform. To make a general law outlawing abortion would overturn hunderds of state laws all over the nation!

2. There is a WAR going on. Post-birth humans are dying, and personally, I think that take priority over the unborn. Yes, unborn are still important, and it is sad that they die, but people who are living without the help of another human body, and who, in fact, support OTHER humans with their paycheck (including the unborn), are dying overseas. That is a LITTLE more important. Can't you guys want till after we get this Iraq business settled to start throwing temper tantrums about abortion?

3. This is the most important reason why they haven’t done anything since taking Power: You! And by you, and mean all of you anti-gay marriage people! You are all too hooked on stupid issue like Gay Marriage. There is not a major outcry from the banning of abortion because all of the Christians want to tell people how to live their lives. If everyone would stop getting so hung up on what sinners are doing, many they will have time to talk about Abortion! As it is, you guys have Congress running circles around that stupid gay marriage amendment! Congress only has so much time to cover the issues, and if we would stop giving them stupid things like this to deal with, then maybe they could start talking about Abortion, and other issues that matter!

On top of all of that, while the GOP does have some power, it is still pretty even. We are not talking about a 2/3rds majority needed. Laws this big would more then likely take a 2/3rds vote. So, even is State rights wasn't as issue, and the combat was over, and Congress wasn't being bothers with lesser issues, then the likelihood of this law getting any further then a Standing Committee is not likely.  

Just my 2 cents... and a little change left over for a coke  Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 10:23:55 AM »

I must agree with Beps. It took 40 yrs of liberalism of both Judicial and Executive branches to get this nation into the condition that it is. There is not going to be an easy "fix". It is definitely a major battle that is going to take awhile to accomplish. The Judicial situation is a must to be corrected first and even that has shown to be quite an undertaking.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 11:13:01 AM »

Conservative = live baby
Liberal = dead baby

One can no longer consider Republicans as being conservative.  I think there are as many Democrat conservatives as there are Republican.

Compare the likes of Joe Lieberman (D) and Zell Miller (D) to the likes of George Voinovich (R) and Arlen Specter (R).  
I wouldn't support Voinovich or Specter for anything above latrine lieutenant, while I’d support Lieberman or Miller for any office.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 02:13:37 PM »

2. There is a WAR going on. Post-birth humans are dying, and personally, I think that take priority over the unborn. Yes, unborn are still important, and it is sad that they die, but people who are living without the help of another human body, and who, in fact, support OTHER humans with their paycheck (including the unborn), are dying overseas. That is a LITTLE more important. Can't you guys want till after we get this Iraq business settled to start throwing temper tantrums about abortion?
Just my 2 cents... and a little change left over for a coke  Grin

Deaths since 2001:
In Afghanistan...............153
In Iraq..........................1,648
On US Highways.............152,655
In abortion clinics...........5,480,000

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 03:16:21 PM »

Deaths since 2001:

Cry Cry Cry

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 03:18:00 PM »

Deaths since 2001:

As I said before, the death of independently living human who support OTHER human lives are more important.

A unborn baby dies=one live that barely started to live

A solider dies=his life, and the life of his pregnant wife and kids are forever altered for the worse.

How can you even start to imply the death of an unborn is more important then the death of someone who risks their life to keep you safe, and feed his family on the low pay of enlisted men. Have you even been to area of a military base where the enlisted families live, Evangelist? It’s a ghetto! Most of them are on food stamps! Even with the cheep food they can get from the commissary and the tax free ideas from the PX, they are still on welfare, all to keep your freedom sacred. This flippant aptitude that the babies have done nothing other but mooch of the body of their mothers for their short lives are somehow more valuable them the lives of a Husband and father who gives his life for his country is ntohign short of offensive!
 Angry

If I had the choice between a 1000 unborn or one Solider with a family, no contest, I would pick the solider every time!  
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 03:20:32 PM by Tibby » Logged

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 03:25:10 PM »

I think there are as many Democrat conservatives as there are Republican.

And I think you need to become a little more imformed in the area of American Politics before posting something like this. Roll Eyes

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 03:50:11 PM »

Tibby, I don't think anyone but you is placing more emphasis on which life has more value.   Clearly there is a problem with abortion in this country period!   Can you determine the purpose of anyones life before its even started?

Is the value of life determined by ones contribution to the world?  Or is it determined by the value God gives it?   You will note that Christ died for ALL....not just those contributing to society.

Life is life, and God is the one who gives it.   People die in everyday circumstances leaving wives and children behind.  Unborns being slaughtered is quite another thing.  However, sin is the cause of it all!    God help us to see the world through your eyes, and not our own.

If I had the choice between a 1000 unborn or one Solider with a family, no contest, I would pick the solider every time!

Do we get to choose which soldier to kill off in war?   How about unborns who are aborted?    Call it a hunch, but I'm guessing most soldiers understand the potential sacrifice they face for the lives back home.   I wonder how many unborns have this understanding?

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the