Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:18:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Republicans have not Banned Abortion?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Republicans have not Banned Abortion?  (Read 5928 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2005, 04:53:23 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Our Constitution and other founding documents are not the problem. Our problem is rogue and activist judges who have added what isn't there and subtracted what is there. Our founding documents were brilliant and served our country well for many years. What we really need is a Constitutional Convention where some of the language is tightened up and the cheating room for judges removed. The whole country would be involved, and the result would be binding on the judges who have twisted and distorted the Constitution into a mess that the founding fathers would go to war for. All of the major issues could be addressed at once. I would hope that the biggest result would be rule given back to the people and their representatives and end the rule of judges, especially the ones who are not elected. The balance of power needs to be restored. A huge example would be that the founders never intended that judges would have the power to make law. In effect, that is exactly what they are doing today. The founders clearly intended for the elected representatives of the people to make law, not judges. Judges were to enforce the Law of the People, not the law of other judges. As a matter of fact, judges have usurped much of the power that was intended ONLY for our elected representatives (i.e. Congress).

Love In Christ,
Tom

I Peter 3:18  For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2005, 07:59:40 AM »

Tibby, the problem is, as BEP and Reba are tying to say, is that the courts are doing more than interpriting the law.   They are legislating from the bench.

The problem with that is that the nation "by the people and for the people" cannot hold them accountable for their actions.   We cannot vote them out if we disagree.  They are appointed for life.   This is why we vote for legislators to create laws to represent us as a people.   When the judges go beyond what is meant by the law, changing it, and making new laws, then the nation is out of the hands of those who own it, the people!

My question is....as I am no expert on this topic.   Who is suppose to hold the courts accountable...congress?   If so, are they turning they heads the other way when these courts go beyond what the constitution permits?   If so, then why?

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Reba
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2005, 09:13:25 AM »

The Judiciary

The United States Constitution does not provide for lifetime appointment of federal judges, but only for a term of office during good behavior. We support Congressional enforcement of the Constitutional rule of good behavior and to restrain judicial activism by properly removing offending judges through the process of impeachment provided for in Article I, § 2 and 3 of the Constitution. Furthermore, Congress must exert the power it possesses to prohibit all federal courts from hearing cases which Congress deems to be outside federal jurisdiction pursuant to Article III, § 2 of the Constitution.

We particularly support all the legislation which would remove from Federal appellate review jurisdiction matters involving acknowledgement of God as the sovereign source of law, liberty, or government.

We commend Former Chief Justice Roy Moore of the Alabama Supreme Court for his defense of the display of the Ten Commandments, and condemn those who persecuted him and removed him from office for his morally and legally just stand.

We deny the validity of judicial rulings that use foreign court rulings to overturn U.S. precedent.

http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php#The%20Judiciary
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2005, 09:22:15 AM »

Interesting Reba, I did not know this.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2005, 01:17:06 PM »

Yes, and unfortunately, the problem that causes this will not fixed by turning to the Constitution. If we want to change this problem, we need to change the Constitution. As I said before, it is not an infallible document. They wrote it very vague, so we could come along and fill in the blanks and we desired.

You guys say they are appointment for life like that is a BAD thing. No, they aren’t swayed by voter opinion, you are right, that was the whole idea behind the lifetime appointment, guys!!! It is not in the Constitution? Well, the Constitution party seems more then willing to point out the parts of the Judicial Branch against the Constitution, but they never even skim over the fact that this Parisian government is also not in the Constitution. As I said before, Washington refused to name a party, he was so against the idea. Why doesn’t the Constitution Party mention this? They willingly bash others for not obeying the Constitution, but they themselves are doing things against the Constitution. That is what we in Christian Circles called Hypocritical,. And it makes them no better then the Repubs or Demos in my book.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the