Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:00:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Freemasonry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Freemasonry  (Read 9709 times)
LittlePilgrim

Little pilgrim, walking down the road of life...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 09:22:46 AM »

Pockets, please, stop touting denominations. I beg you.
As for the Boy Scouts of America, my grandfather was a part of that organization for many years, and never ONCE was he forced to say the kind of oaths you mention or that I mentioned above. My uncles were a part of that organization for MANY years, and the situation was the same with them. Do not lump BSA and GSA in the same catagory as freemasonry and the masonic lodge.

For I am only human, not some hero of the faith/ I'm merely an example of God's mercy and His grace/ I keep my eyes on Jesus when my gains become a loss/ As I stumble to the cross. -Stumble, Timothy Mark
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 12:24:27 AM »

Most lodges are not compatable with the christian faith.
nor are the boy scout's or Girl scout's of america .
"Qath's".
That allow belief in any god
and then state "they are duing their duty to God."
Come on how can that be compatable with christianity.
How can one do their duty to God if they do not believe in Christ as their only savior from sin or that He is God?
Thats why  Luthern's of the Lutheran confession's  are not allowed to participate in any of  them. Lodges or the boy or Girl scout's of America . These are all in some form religious organization's that allow rejecting of Christ Our Godly King.
and unbiblical doctrine's.
so member's of
wels ,els, and clc Lutherans are taught not to join such groups that are religious in  nature and alow rejection of Christ and his bible.
Perhaps some day the boy scout's and girl scouts will drop the religious connection so we can participate.
Because their is many  good parts  about them.
Pocket, I have to disagree with you! I am a Eagle scout, my son is an Eagle scout. Never have the Boy Scouts of America been forced to say the oath you mention. By the way, there is a Lutheran sponcered Troop in my area. And once an Eagle scout, always an Eagle scout.

swiftforce777

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 04:28:29 PM »

Listen,

It comes down to a couple of things...I am BORN AGAIN HARD! I love Jesus Christ and would not jeapordize anything when it comes to my salvation or walk with him....However, I am a FREEMASON....
You have to stop reading what you see on the web....First of all, NO ONE WHO WORSHIPS SATAN OR WHIKA, BLACK MAGIC or BUDDAH, etc , etc can become a freemason....

YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN GOD! I have chaplin who prays in JESUS name....

Look into it before you judge, people feel the same way about us....
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 04:39:49 PM »

Hi swiftforce777,

Welcome to Christians Unite. Yes there are a lot of conspiracy theories in this world and we must be careful what we listen to and what we believe.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 10:26:41 PM »

God Bless!

I never even heard of Freemason's until I had my "Godsent Daughter" from England live with me, who came from a family of satanists (she was saved, as is her daughter). Her grandfather was a freemason. There are more myths than there are truths about this. It starts out innocent enough, until you "work your way up" past apprentice. Then, it goes into the occult and mysticism theories. In many cases, satanic ritual groups start up after being brought up in a high authority freemason family.

The rumors that are urban legend, are about the boyscouts, ALL American Presidents, our US dollar. Yes, there are truths behind some things, but most are just like the whisper that you start off at the front of the line in church--by the time you tell the secret to the last guy in the seat at the end, the secret has changed to being so far off from the truth, you don't remember the original wording to begin with.

There is only one "religion" to follow, and that is Jesus. He didn't belong to any group. He belongs to all of us that accept Him into our heart! And, we belong to Him!

God Bless, again,
Kelly

"Disclaimer:lack of sleep and too much Indian food at church dinner tonight might have had me word things a bit wrong in this post. Parental Discretion is advised"

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 11:07:40 PM »

Does anybody these days know what a mason is? it is not a religion it is a trade of work. Freemasons got their start as an organization that brought masons together. Masonry is the construction of something using certain materials such as brick or concrete. Freemasonry was the orgainzation that grouped these people into an organization or a lodge. Since then it has turned into more of a lodge just like the Moose Lodge, Eagle Lodge, and many others. Within the lodge there are many people of many different beliefs not just satanists.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
BLAD

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 10:21:44 PM »

Does anybody these days know what a mason is? it is not a religion it is a trade of work. Freemasons got their start as an organization that brought masons together. Masonry is the construction of something using certain materials such as brick or concrete. Freemasonry was the orgainzation that grouped these people into an organization or a lodge. Since then it has turned into more of a lodge just like the Moose Lodge, Eagle Lodge, and many others. Within the lodge there are many people of many different beliefs not just satanists.

I read a book about the freemasonry or what they call the craft.  The title was "the craft" written by he siad he was freemason before and at first you reaaly do not know what is happening not until you reach the 29th to 31st level. which is the highest degree i guess.
The same thing that is being wriiten here about the initiation is what is happening bsed on the book.  Also i had a friend who joined and the same thing there were secret initiation that happened. so if it is a christian org? why is it secret? maybe they are secret agent of a god?

To be a Christian you have to proclaim to the world, right? And acceptance of Jesus Chrisst is not made in secret. Or are we Christians told to do things in secret? mmmmmmmmmmm....

maybe i am just mumbling words
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 11:08:15 PM »

I didn't say it was a Christian organization. In fact I said that there were many different beliefs within the organization. The primary requirement to join is that a person believes in a "higher power" and nothing else. Notice also that I compared them to the Moose Lodge. Definitely not a Christian Organization either.

mastermason

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 01:53:43 PM »

I would like to say first of all that I am A Christian and also a Freemason!!! I was advised by people in my family not to join due to the supposed confliction between the two! Most people in our society don't even know about Masons, let alone know what they believe or involved in! Reading conspiracy theories and listing to people who really don't know what they are speaking about. I joined the Freemasons after doing research for years and talking with friends and family members who are members themselves. In my findings, I made a choice to join on the basis of what I felt was best for me.. I think allot of people confuse Freemasonry with satanic and occult practices or we worship some other paganistic being. The truth is religion and politics are not discussed in the temple and satanists cannot be Freemasons due to their Malevolent nature. I think so many bad things have spun way out of what they actually are, almost like the whole DaVici Code movie and the previous book Angels And Demons..People put spin on anything, even Almighty God, and Jesus Christ. My point being is that you cant always believe what you read or see on T.V. The Freemasons of today are far different from the Freemasons of the past. In fact, the Freemasons of today are not even factually connected with the Freemason founder Hiram Abiff who built the temple for King Solomon! Only their symbolisms and work ethics are taken from that era!! The newer Freemasonry of our country(USA) and many others is derived from our founding fathers. George Washington, Ben Franklin, and many others were Freemasons and were religious men themselves. The Monarchy of England caused an uproar in the citizenship thus forming small groups of people who didn't want to be oppressed and ruled with no say-so of the people!!! They then inturn started a revolution of people who wanted to be free and to start a new country. A war was then fought and freedom was won and gave birth to the Constitution. Charity is the most important aspect of Freemasonry. Millions of dollars each year is donated and raised for many people and organizations. Community programs are also important to us, every year my lodge does cleanup on a local river and its banks, and several other programs and charities are benefiting because of our hard work and dedication! Religion and Freemasonry are as different as black and white. It offends me when people do not know anything about the subject, yet label us members of cults and trying to secretly take over the world, its soo silly and irresponsible to label people and pass judgement on us. Presidents, law enforcement, fire fighters, doctors are all apart of the Freemasons and its charities. It is all about being the best person you can and offering a helping hand to fellow man, women, and children. Please, give us a break and do some real research, don't read what you want about us and judge us on non-accurate research!!!
BLAD

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 11:32:20 PM »

Charity is the most important aspect of Freemasonry. Millions of dollars each year is donated and raised for many people and organizations.

Not religion? so there is no initiations? oath like the one posted earlier in this tread?

some said they are Christian organization? but why is there a secret initiation?
go and form a christain organization but only the person who goes into a secret initiation is accepted...  or is it a secret christain organization.... they don't want to be identified as christians maybe..

so would you help me to research the organization then. because i guess i am uninformed about the organization. Let start: who is the founder of freemasonry? who is the founder in the states? i just wanted to know

As for Christian - in Acts in says that the followers are called Christians.

also where can i check for the history of freemasonry.  maybe that would help me learn about the organization because so far the informations i read from books and  in the internet are ,as you, were saying are all false.

Oh, by the way i also learned what i know from former freemasons.  or maybe they are just scaring me.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 12:04:57 AM by BLAD » Logged
docc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2006, 11:32:30 AM »

I am an ex mason an I can tell you from being in the lodge, it isn't a place where God would dwell. It's pure witch craft

From a ex Mason who now a is true blue, blood wash, devil hating Christian

When you became a Christian, did someone teach you how to study  (not just read) the Bible? Understanding and applying the Bible is difficult without some reading method

Free Indepth Bible Study Course
http://www.angelfire.com/dc2/insideout/page6.html
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 03:50:58 AM »

Brothers & Sisters, I have heard about the Freemasons, but I know nothing about them. Therefore I cannot comment on them at all one way or another. However, I look at it this way, first of all the only Book I follow and choose to live my life by is the Holy Bible, God's Word, nothing added nothing taken from it. I do not want to live by any man made doctrine and the only group I want to be a part of is one whom God will lok upon and say that one is mine, a child of God, bought by the Blood of Jesus.
Now brothers and sisters, I read on this thread how some have said I 'read here' or 'I read there', the question now that I want to pose is this. "How do you know when you are reading the truth and when you are not?"
For example, right now we are being faced with many thing that people want to use against Christians against God, and against His Word, example the Da vinci Code, we as Christians all know that this is nothing but a lie from the devil against Christianity, the same holds true for everything else we now have to investigate things and really use discernment and wisdom.
The best thing to do in this situation I would say is this, if you are a Born-again, Bible believing Christian, you already belong to the best there is, you are a child of God,any spare time or energy shoild be put into spreading the Good News of the Bible. I am not saying that people should not take time to enjoy the creations of God and spend time with their family and friends, what I am saying is we don't have time to sit around trying to figure out whether a group would be beneficial for us to join. If after Prayer, Meditation on God's Word, Personal Bible Study, wittnessing to others  and time with our family we still have time left left it would be wise to spend more time on our knees seekinig God and following his leading and praying that He will open people's eyes so that we may bring the lost to Him.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2006, 05:19:00 AM »

http://freemasonrywatch.org/washington.html

As with all secret societies I am familiar with, its set up as a need-to-know thing.  You only find out the next step, not where you're going.

Silver Raven Wolf, in her book,  "The Solitary Witches Book of Shadows" recognizes the equivelence between her own witchcraft, and her fathers Freemasonry.

She also claimes witchcraft is about being the best person you can be.  Freemasonry does not identify itself as the occult, but as you know more of what the occult looks like, you realize freemasonry is virtualy identicl.  Aleister Crowley, the occult master, was a freemason, and so was Joseph Smith, founder of mormonism.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 05:30:17 AM by 1Tim » Logged

As He leads
1Tim
Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 06:05:05 PM »

I was told by someone in a church that, Freemason's call themselves that because Jesus was a mason. Um, maybe I am reading things wrong but, Jesus was a carpenter, taught by Joseph--where did this mason thing come in?

Maybe I was told the wrong thing. Then again, I was just told that, on the back of the dollar bill, the pyramid with the eye is a freemason symbol. I was always told that, it was the eye of God watching over us--that shows how much I know.

I, unfortunately got involved in wiccan as a young woman, angry at a church and rebelling as young people sometimes do. I know more about wiccan that I would like to, but I praise God that He forgave me for that and let me see the falseness of that, so called religion. Wiccan starts out making you believe that, in no way it is evil--it is a love of nature, as well as all the elements. You then get involved and find out how evil it truly is. I think, or have been told by others that had family involed in Freemasonry that, FM is the same way--it starts out innocent enough to grab hold of your interest, and then gets evil as it goes further on.

Either way, I am sticking to the only following that is important: The true Word of our Bible and the ways of our Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

God Bless,
Kelly

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 04:01:11 AM »

I was told by someone in a church that, Freemason's call themselves that because Jesus was a mason. Um, maybe I am reading things wrong but, Jesus was a carpenter, taught by Joseph--where did this mason thing come in?

It's an attempt at validation by association.  Jesus was probably more of a "mason", than a "carpenter" by trade, as we would define those two trades, but he was not a Freemason.
Maybe I was told the wrong thing. Then again, I was just told that, on the back of the dollar bill, the pyramid with the eye is a freemason symbol. I was always told that, it was the eye of God watching over us--that shows how much I know.

Not the eye of God, the eye of Horus--the egyptian elder god.  The words under the pyramid are latin for, "New World Order".  There are 32 fethers on one wing of the eagle there on the same bill, the number of degrees in the scottish rite of freemasonry, and there are 33 feathers in the other wing, the # of degrees in the anglo rite of freemasonry. The 9 tail feathers is symbolic too, but I forget what they mean.  On the front of the bill, in the upper right corner, between the #1 and the leaf on the left of it, perched in the notch is an owl, the symbol of molech.......but freemzasonry is not the occult...rriiigght!

As He leads
1Tim
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the