Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:30:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Unforgivable sin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unforgivable sin  (Read 8621 times)
BigD
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2005, 02:04:03 PM »

Evangelist:
Please allow me to respond to you post by coping from an article written by Tracy Plessinger.

It is quite long, so I will put it in 3 parts. Please read it in its entirety.

PART 1The following is from an Article by Tracy Plessinger titled: "The Bible's Most Misunderstood Verse" by Tracy Plessinger.
>SNIP<

God' Eternal Unchanging Plan

Scripture makes very clear that God has only ever had one plan. That plan has been in effect since before the world began and will be fulfilled only after time is no more, in the dispensation of the fulness of time.

Paul, a servand of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; In hope of eternal life, which God, that connot lie, promised before the world began; Titus 1:1,2

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath pruposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: Ephesians 1:9,10.
[/b]

The heart of this plan is seen in the passage from Ephesians quoted absove. God's eternal purpose and plan is to glorify His son, Jesus Christ, to "gather together in one all things in Christ".[/b] This eternal purpose can also be seen in Paul's letter to the church at Philippi.

Wherefore God also had highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of thing in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth: And that every tongue shall confess that Jesus Chris is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11.[/b]

Clearly, God's eternal purpose is to have all creatures glorify the Son, Jesus Christ, Which in turns brings honor to the Father. It is also clear from two of the passages quoted above that this one eternal purpose of God is to be carried out in two different locations, on earth and in heaven.

There is however, an impediament to God's plan. There is one who desires to usurp the rightful position of Christ as the one that is glorified by heaven and earth. The being who desires to have the honor and glory that belong to Christ is Satan. In the book of Isaiah, we read of his selfish desire.

For thou [Lucifer] hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Isaiah 14:13,14. [/b]

It is very significant that Satan uses a specific title of God when he sets out on this course of rebellion. He refers to God as, "the most high".[/b] That title is a title that relates specifically to God's ownership of heaven and earth. This can be seen as we look at the first time that that title is used in Scripture.

And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:...And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, Genesis 14:19,22.[/b]

What we are read in scripture, from Genesis to Revelation, is an account of Satan's attempt to become the possessor of heaven and earth, to replace Jesus Christ as the ruler of the universe. We also learn of God's counterattack and that God's plan, in the end, will overcome Satan's plan. In the end, Jesus Christ will alone be glorified in heaven and earth.

Dispensational Bible study simply acknowledges the fact that Satan has attacked God's authority on two fronts, the heaven and the earth, and that God will repel that attack and be victorious on those same two fronts. The first person to rightly divide the Word of Truth was not some modern-day dispensationalist. It was God.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1[/b]

God presents His creative act as an act that produced a divided universe, a universe that consists of two parts, the heaven, and the earth. In order to fully understand God's plan we must understand how that plan will be carried out in both of these areas.

God Plan on the earth

To be cont'd in PART 2
BigD
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2005, 02:06:40 PM »

Part 2

God Plan on the earth

As we continue in the first chapter of the book of Genesis, we immediately see where God's plan is focused initially.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon theface of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon theface of the waters. Genesis 1:2

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the foul of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis 1:28

And God said, Let there be lingths in the firmanent of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for light in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. Genesis 1:14,15
[/b]

It is clear that the creation described in Genesis 1 is focused exclusively on the earth. It is the earth that is said to be "without form, and void".[/b] It is the earth that man is told to "replenish"[/b] and "subdue",[/b] Even the light that God created in heaven were for the purpose of giving light "upon the earth."[/b]

After the flood, God gave similar instructions to Noah and his sons.

And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. Genesis 9:1 [/b]

With the setting aside of Abram to begin the formation of the nation Israel we see that the focus was still on the earth.

The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them: and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. Isaiah 35:1

Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee, For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. and the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings ot the brightness of thy shining. Isaiah 60:1-3

Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold broken to peices together and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth....And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. Daniel 2:35-44
[/b]

Notice that Isaiah points to the wonderful utopian conditions on the renewed earth and how the Gentile nations will flow into that blessing. Daniel emphasizes the fact that the [/b]"God of heaven"[/b] will establish a kingdom that fill "the whole earth".[/b] These passages are typical of the message that the prophets brought to the nation Israel. They were continuing God's focus on reestablishing His aughority on the earthly part of His creation.

Christ was presented to Israel as the rightful heir to the earthly throne of David.

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: and he shall reigh over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. Luke 1:30-33[/b]

Christ taught His disciples to pray for the kingdom to come to the earth.

Afther this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Matthew 6:9,10[/b]

The apostles tied their message and its returning, triumphant Messiah to the fulfillment of the prophetic Scriptures.

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ which before was preached unot you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the Mouth of all the holy prophets since the world began. Acts 3:19-21.

All of the facts above show us that during the time frame covered from Genesis 1:2 to Acts 9, focus of God's message was on the earth.

God's Plan in the Heaven

To be cont'd in PART 3
BigD
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2005, 02:08:41 PM »

PART 3

God's Plan in the Heaven

In the 9th chapter of Acts we see a significant change begin to take place as Jesus Christ speaks from heaven to a man who would become the Apostle of the Gentiles.

And as he [Saul] journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about a light from heaven: And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick agains the pricks. Acts 9:3-5[/b]

Clearly, Paul had a calling that was heavenly in nature. The setting aside of Paul and the formation of the Body of Christ marks a change in God's focus from the earth to heaven. God's basic plan to glorify Christ has not changed at all. His purpose is still the same one that He conceived before the foundation of the world. With the ministry of Paul, He is now simply revealing the heavenly aspect of that plan. In the book of Ephesians, Paul makes quite clear that the focus of the Body of Christ is heavenly.

The Body of Christ is blessed in heavenly places.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ; who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Ephesians 1:3[/b]

The Body of Christ is seated in heavenly places.

And hath raised us up together, and made us sip together in heavenly place in Christ Jesus; Ephesians 2:6[/b]

The Body of Christ is ministering to beings in heavenly places.
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, Ephesians 3:10[/b]

The Body of Christ has at it head a Christ who has ascended above and therefore rules over heavenly places.

He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) Ephesians 4:10[/b]

The Body of Chris is fighting a war with beings in heavenly places.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the drkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12[/b]

Paul is also careful to make sure that we understand that our eternal destiny is in the heavenlies, not on the earth.
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saour, the Lord Jesus Christ; Whom shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unot himself. Philippians 3:20,21

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the vocie of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first; Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: an so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. I Thessalonians 4:16-18
[/b]

Notice that our comfort is not found in the return of Christ to establish an earthly kingdom, as it was for Israel. Our comfort is found in Christ catching us off this earth to reign with Him for all eternity in the heavenlies. Our eternal destiny and conversation is in heaven and not on the earth.

We should note one other important truth about all of this information about God purpose being fulfilled in heaven. It was all kept secret in the mind and heart of God until it was revealed to and through the Apostle Paul.

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made know to all nations for the obedience of faith: Romans:25,26

Notice that Paul says that the information he is preaching was "kept secret since the world began".
This is a marked contrast to Peter's preachings things "which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began."[/b] (See Acts 3:21, quoted above) God's plans concerning the heavens were kept secret until revealed to and through the Apostle Paul.

These facts show us that the truth of God's plan being fulfilled in heaven, the truth under which we operate today, is found exclusively in the writings of the Apostle Paul to the Chruch, the Body of Christ. We must go to those writings to understand how God will fulfill His purpose in heaven, and how we should live based on our place in that heavenly plan.

The fulfillment of God's Plan.

We have already seen that in the book of Ephesians God reveals the fulfillment of His lplan in eternity future, both on the earth and in heaven, as all things are gathered \"together in one...in Christ".[/b] As God closes out His revelation to man we see that He has in fact brought everthing full circle.

And I say a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. Revelation 21:1[/b]

God's one eternal plan will be fulfilled, both in heaven and on earth. Jesus Christ will be honored and glorified in all the universe.

The only way that we can truly understand the entirety of god's plan is to rightly divide the Word of Truth and realize  that He is working to carry out this plan in two areas, the heaven and the earth.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!
Brian.L.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2005, 10:42:24 PM »

Hi   This also is just my opinion. Smiley I feel the unforgivable sin is to never ask for forgiveness if God is calling you. When I confessed my sins I was getting convicted so I ansered.

If a person does not ask for forgiveness how then can God forgive him/her?

I feel as long as there is a yearning for God in our livesthen we are safe from having committed the unforgiveable sin because does not the Word of God say that no one can come to the Father unless the Father calls him/her.

Your Brother in Christ:   Brian    ( just a opinion) Smiley

Faith Without Works Is Dead!
BigD
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2005, 04:11:23 AM »

Brian.L.
Hi   This also is just my opinion. :) I feel the unforgivable sin is to never ask for forgiveness if God is calling you. When I confessed my sins I was getting convicted so I ansered.

If a person does not ask for forgiveness how then can God forgive him/her?

I feel as long as there is a yearning for God in our livesthen we are safe from having committed the unforgiveable sin because does not the Word of God say that no one can come to the Father unless the Father calls him/her.

BigD
Brian, the believer in this dispensation of grace will NEVER be judged for their sins. ALL SINS (past, present and future) of a believer have been paid for on the Cross of Christ. Therefore, it is impossible for the believer to commit the unpardonable/unforgivable sin.

1Cor.3:8-15 tell us that the believer will be judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ and be rewarded according to our works, not according to our sins.

The following is a conversation between two very good friends of mine that was posted on another forum. I have met them both at a Bible conference some years back. We are like minded believers and very good friends. "Berean" lives in Florida and "Fish" lives in Ohio.

This should answer the question "Can the believer today commit the unpardonable sin" in this dispensation of grace.

Berean

No law = No transgressions?

The bible says we do not obtain salvation by the law, but we obtain it by faith in Christ's shed blood for our sins, that it might be by grace.

Before the dispensation of grace was revealed to Paul and the new program was started, faith by grace...Israel was under the law.

Under the dispensation of the law, transgressions were committed

Under the dispensation of grace there is no law...therefore for a saved person, there is no transgression.

--------

fish

Rewards - not salvation - is the issue for Christians

Without Christ, we are here under the Law (conscience or the written Mosaic code)...

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

"In Christ," we are here under grace:

1 Cor 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1 Cor 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

So how does the saved one know what is edifying?

1 Th 5:21 Prove [discern, examine, try, test] all things; hold fast that which is good.

Do Christians - who are dead to the Law - have the freedom to engage things which are NOT good? Drug abuse, homosexuality, adultery, theft, etc etc? YES.

SHOULD they? NO:

Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh,

Is God pleased by Christians living in and for the flesh? NO.

Will He chastise them? Very possibly!

Will He condemn them to Hell for it? NO.

BUT!!!

Will they be edifying themselves and others in the Body by their sinful example? NO.

Are they building themselves up to the fulness of Christ? NO.

Are they building for eternity with gold, silver, precious jewels, OR with wood, hay and stubble? The answer is obvious.

Can their example negatively impact the faith and walk of other Christians? YES.

Can their example cause unbelievers to mock Christ more than they already might? YES.

Are they grieving the Spirit? YES.

Are they slandering the name of Christ? YES.

Will they lose reward at the Bema because of it? YES.

Knowledge of the Mystery is vital here, as Paul's letters are the only place to find out how God is dealing with man today, and who the Christian is "in Christ:"

2 Tim 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

I'm glad you brought this up, B; I'm going to store this one away in my files (it'll preach).

---------------

Berean

I am glad you liked this topic Fish...Let me give you the verse and the good news I based this on...

Romans 4:15b...for where no law is, there is no transgression.

It is impossible to lose one's salvation if one is saved, because we are not under the law. Therefore no transgression can be made against the law and we cannot be judged according to it. Because there is no law for a saved person.

So if God were going to judge us He would judge us according to what???? Can't be the law...For He Himself says THERE IS NO TRANSGRESSION

And what would it be??? What charge would He bring against us??? What transgression could we commit??? THERE IS NO TRANSGRESSION

So how does one lose his salvation???

We have already been judged guilty and Christ paid for our sins and we are now not under the law but in Christ and His righteousness...not our own.

I am sure we could have many little chats on this subject...but I am sure our Catholic friends, for one, will not like this one.

Romans 4:14: For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15: Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16: Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace;

-----------------

fish

You are 100% correct.

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the Law,

Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Christ lived a sinless life under the Law (HIS Law, when you think about it).

Yet He submitted Himself to the Law's death penalty for our sins.

All of that - the sinlessness, the death to sin, and the resurrection life - is credited/imputed to all who simply believe. That's all there is to it. He took our sin, we get Him.

Could God have done more for our salvation that He did in Christ? No. Could He have made it any easier for us to be saved? No. No wonder adding even one work to His one demand of faith is damnable.

God Bless.
Brian.L.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2005, 11:23:35 PM »

Hi Again:   Having read some of the posts here on this subject and I am confused as why a Christian after confessing his sins and confessing Christ would continue stealing .homosexuality, murder ect and still be in heaven. I understood the law to be in the old testament to be sacrificing animals for sin.

After Christ died on the cross the viel of the temple  tore seperating the Holy of Holies gave us direct accsess to God the Father through Jesus.

Does not the Word say the if we are luke warm God will spew us out of His mouth? Did not Jesus say that man cannot serve both God and mamman.

Does not Jesus say that we are to still obey the Ten Commandments?

Does not repentance mean turning around and going the other way ?

Is not the Holy Spirit called a helper. I will have to study more on this subject I get my eye appointment next week as I can hardly see the print in my Bible so I haven,t been able to copy the scritures here and I am sorry for that.

Just for the record I am non denominational but do believe in folowing the Ten Commandments as the Bible tells me that it is a mirror of when I sin. afterall God is Love and the first four commandments show us how to love God and the final six show us how to love our fellow man.

I know I am a babe in christ ,but I back slid years ago and am just reaffirming my faith.

your Brother in Christ: Brian.    

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2005, 05:24:08 PM »

Hi Again:   Having read some of the posts here on this subject and I am confused as why a Christian after confessing his sins and confessing Christ would continue stealing .homosexuality, murder ect and still be in heaven. I understood the law to be in the old testament to be sacrificing animals for sin.

After Christ died on the cross the viel of the temple  tore seperating the Holy of Holies gave us direct accsess to God the Father through Jesus.

Does not the Word say the if we are luke warm God will spew us out of His mouth? Did not Jesus say that man cannot serve both God and mamman.

Does not repentance mean turning around and going the other way ?

Is not the Holy Spirit called a helper. I will have to study more on this subject I get my eye appointment next week as I can hardly see the print in my Bible so I haven,t been able to copy the scritures here and I am sorry for that.

Just for the record I am non denominational but do believe in folowing the Ten Commandments as the Bible tells me that it is a mirror of when I sin. afterall God is Love and the first four commandments show us how to love God and the final six show us how to love our fellow man.

I know I am a babe in christ ,but I back slid years ago and am just reaffirming my faith.

Brian,

I was just in the middle of trying to answer some of your questions when I was distracted by someone, turned around to face that person, and then returned to my post to you, discovering it had all been erased. I have no idea how that happened.  My dander is up a little bit now.  Practically the same thing happened last night when I was about to post you.

Grace and peace,
cris

Brian.L.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2005, 05:36:23 PM »

Hi Cris  Smiley

I hope things are well in your world. I am somewhat of a computer illiterate ard I do not know how you post others quotes but I am sure I will learn Grin Anyway I hope you have a wonderfull day and feel free to e-mail me my adddress is posted with my profile Smiley

Your Brother in Christ:  Brian   Smiley

BigD
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2005, 08:35:08 PM »

BrianL

BigD
Believers still sin because they still have the "old sin nature" within them. However, "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it" (1Cor.10:13).

Being the believer has two natures (old and new), the one the one that will dominate is the one that is fed the most.

BrianL

BigD
It is very true that we do have direct access to God the Father through Jesus, but we do not learn that is because the veil of the temple was torn seperating the Holy of Holies from the rest of the temple. All we learn from the Bible is that the veil was rent in two. We could now see that God no longer dwelt in the Holy of Holies. We are not even told that God dwelt there when the temple was rebuilt.

BrianL

BigD
That saying came from the book of the Revelation 3:16 which was addressed to the church at Laodicea, one of the seven chruches in Asia, during the Tribulation period. It was not addressed to the Body of Christ, which will have been raptured to heaven when the period of the book of the Revelation takes place.

BrianL

BigD
Trying to obey the Ten Commandments as a means to get to heaven will not get you there. That would make the Commandments a matter of works. Salvation today is not based upon works but FAITH ALONE in the Cross work of Christ.

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross" (Colossians 3:140}

However, In Paul instructions in righteousness to members of the Body of Christ include all the precepts of the 10 Commandments with the exception of keeping the Sabbath.

If all members of the Body of Christ would love one another as much as Christ loved us, we will have fulfilled all the commandments of God.

BrianL
Does not repentance mean turning around and going the other way?

BigD
Yes it does. Also means have "a change of heart". Could also mean to regret/request forgiveness for a thought, word or deed.

BrianL

BigD
Once one puts their faith and trust in the Cross work of Christ for their salvation, we are baptized into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit.

"Likewise, the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered" (Romans 8:26)

BrianL

BigD
I am also a non-denominationalist. For my Christian walk, I try to follow the instructiions in righteousness that God gave to the Apostle Paul for members of the Body of Christ.

"Wherefore then serveth the Law? It was added because of transgression TILL the seed (Jesus) should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the had of a mediator" (Galatians 3:29).

BrianL

BigD
The only way a "babe in Christ" can be fed is upon the Word of God. Therefore, the more one studies and rightly divides the Word of Truth, the more that one will grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord.

I was once a sinner that was saved by the free gift of God's Grace. I am now a saint that still sins.

God Bless.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 04:35:45 AM by BigD » Logged
Brian.L.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2005, 12:17:45 AM »

Alot there to absorb  Smiley

This good stuff and I really apprciate the feed back (thanks)

Can someone please tell me how you guys quote from others quotes as this computer illiterate would love to know.

Your Brother in christ:  Brian Cheesy

Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2005, 12:35:46 AM »

Can someone please tell me how you guys quote from others quotes as this computer illiterate would love to know.

Hi, well heres what you do. There is a box at the top of the persons post that says QUOTE. When you click on it it sends you straight to the reply and you start typing what you want to say after that!!!
Glad to help!

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Brian.L.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2005, 01:02:15 AM »

Hi, well heres what you do. There is a box at the top of the persons post that says QUOTE. When you click on it it sends you straight to the reply and you start typing what you want to say after that!!!
Glad to help!
    thank you Hope this works  Your Brother in Christ Brian

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2005, 02:50:16 AM »

Brother Brian,

It worked perfectly, and I'm sure that you will get used to the other available commands pretty quickly. If you don't wish to quote the entire post, you can drag your mouse over what you don't want quoted, hit the delete key, and have only the portion you want quoted.

Some of the more difficult commands are discussed under the Questions and Answer portion of the forum. How to add a graphic to your signature or the body of a post is one such question that is discussed there.

There are many forum commands that are pretty easy to use once you try them once (i.e. bold, italic, underline, font size, font color, etc.).

Let me give you a few example. First, I must replace "[]" with "{}" so that you can see the example. The actual command must be done with "[]" and the forum software automatically uses that when you press one of the command buttons. Some people type the commands themselves. The material you want the command to work on must be placed direct center between the beginning of the command and the ending of the command.

{b}Bold{/b} becomes below
Bold

{i}Italics{/i} becomes below
Italics

{u}Underline{/u} becomes below
Underline

{color=Red}Red{/color} becomes below
Red

{size=6}Size{/size} becomes below
Size

Here's a hot clickable URL address that works as an example:

{url}http://forums.christiansunite.com/{/url} becomes below:
http://forums.christiansunite.com/

Here's a non-existent email address that would work if such an address existed.

{email}joeblow@somewhere.com{/email} becomes below:
joeblow@somewhere.com

Here's a hot clickable and real example of using a graphic:

{center}{img}http://www.sirinet.net/~blkidps/welcome.gif{/img}{/center} becomes below:

Please note that the graphic must be on the Internet with a permanent and real address 24 hours a day for this to work. It won't work if it is simply on your computer.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Brian.L.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2005, 12:26:16 PM »

Hi Again

Thanks for all the information I wil be busy today so will try some of this stuff tonight.

Here,s wishing you all a joyous day and talk tonite (God willing)

your brother in Christ:   Brian Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2005, 02:41:34 PM »

Brother Brian,

You are most welcome.

Brother, I want to tell you that we're very happy to have you with us. It's makes me especially happy that you have made JESUS the Lord over your life. We all have struggles of one type or another, but having JESUS is our hearts makes everything possible. When we are weak, HE is strong.

Brother, as you grow in JESUS, you will find out some wonderful things. First, you will never be alone again. In times of trial, illness, sorrow, and suffering - HE walks with you every step of the way. Second, HE will strengthen you as much as you let Him. That's why many Christians give thanks for their trials, because they became closer to Jesus and stronger in Him during their trials. Third, He really wants you to be able to claim VICTORY IN HIM. We fail, but our LORD never fails.

Brother, I've read most of your posts, and I give thanks that JESUS is working in you. JESUS is also working in me, so I know about HIS power and love. That's why it makes me so happy to hear about others who are giving their hearts and lives to HIM.

Brother, I pray that you will get stronger by the day in JESUS. When you let Him, HE will fill all of your hurting and empty places with joy in Him. Brother, He didn't promise us an easy path during this short life on earth, but even this life on earth with HIM is the difference between darkness and LIGHT. Brother, you will smile when you realize that your citizenship is in Heaven and you are no longer of this world. Your journey here is very short, but your eternal life is Home with JESUS is Heaven.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippians 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Psalms 118:24  This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalms 46:1  God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Ephesians 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Psalms 62:7  In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Psalms 66:20  Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Psalms 115:11  Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.

1 Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the