Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:07:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Unforgivable sin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unforgivable sin  (Read 8623 times)
luckydogger

To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2005, 09:33:28 PM »

A question is there a unforgivable sin and if so what is it or they.

Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 10:15:43 PM »

I will just warn you that it is in my opinion to be better off ignorant of it then to know.  Again this is my opinion.  I'm not saying that I am right.  

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
luckydogger

To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 10:26:12 PM »

I am not sure I know what you mean Kris777 Huh
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 10:26:43 PM by luckydogger » Logged

Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
dragon

"Follow me..." (Luke 9:23)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 11:20:48 PM »

i don't think there is.

What you are is God's gift to you;
what you do with yourself is your gift to God.

--Danish proverb
shrekandogre

Romans 8:1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »

Technically there is.  Matthew 12:32 is the unforgivable sin.  "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."
My view isnt the most stable on this subject but im leaning to not apply to Christians.

I know what I wrote I was there when I wrote it.
BigD
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 12:00:22 PM »

From the book "BASIC BIBLE DOCTRINES" by Donald Webb.

THE BLASPHEMY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

This subject of the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is something that has been a considerable problem to many. We would like to interject here some brief comments on this issue. In Matthew 12:24-32 we find the exact definition of the unpardonable sin. The Lord had just healed a man possessed with a demon, and in verse 24 the Pharisees accused Him of casting out demons by Beelzebub or Satan. The Lord then laid a scathing rebuke against them for such a harsh judgment against Himself. He said in verse 28:

But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you (Matthew 12:28).

The Lord was demonstrating through the power of the Spirit that He was able to bind Satan and take out of the world such as He wanted. Their accusation attributed Christ's power, the work of the Holy Spirit, to Satan. Concerning this very sin, the Lord said:

Wherefore, I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this age, neither in the age to come. (Matthew 12:31,32).

Several things should be noted about this sin. First, Christ has to be present and performing miracles that manifest the kingdom in order for one to commit this sin.  Second, the sin is that of attributing the Holy Spirit's power to Satan. No other sin will fit; this particular sin is the only one the context will allow. Third, no believer can commit this sin because believers are in Christ and all their sins are forgiven. Fourth, this sin could only be committed by an unbeliever in the age in which our Lord walked this earth or in the coming kingdom which He called the age to come. Such events cannot be applied to this secret dispensation of grace, but rather the millennium.

Believers need have no fear of committing this sin, and no one in this dispensation of grace can commit this sin because the Holy Spirit is not manifesting the kingdom with miraculous power. In this dispensation of grace God is not imputing men's trespasses unto them but is offering salvation by grace through faith to all.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Much and Love The Lord!
BigD
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 05:36:43 AM »

Silver, unbelief is not a sin. It is just the exercise of "free will."

Salvation is a "free gift" from a loving God. It can be accepted or rejected upon your will.

Should I offer you a new car as a gift, you can either accept it or reject it. If you reject it, it is not a sin.

The answer lies in that portion which I posted above which I will repost:

Wherefore, I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this age, neither in the age to come. (Matthew 12:31,32).

Several things should be noted about this sin. First, Christ has to be present and performing miracles that manifest the kingdom in order for one to commit this sin.  Second, the sin is that of attributing the Holy Spirit's power to Satan. No other sin will fit; this particular sin is the only one the context will allow. Third, no believer can commit this sin because believers are in Christ and all their sins are forgiven. Fourth, this sin could only be committed by an unbeliever in the age in which our Lord walked this earth or in the coming kingdom which He called the age to come. Such events cannot be applied to this secret dispensation of grace, but rather the millennium.

Believers need have no fear of committing this sin, and no one in this dispensation of grace can commit this sin because the Holy Spirit is not manifesting the kingdom with miraculous power. In this dispensation of grace God is not imputing men's trespasses unto them but is offering salvation by grace through faith to all.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!

BigD
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 12:10:32 PM »

Silver, unbelief is a willful act by an individual. IT IS NOT A SIN Should I not believe what you write, Is that a sin? I DON'T THINK SO!

As Mr. Webb pointed out, Jesus had just cast out a Demon  and the Pharisees accused Him by doing it through the power of Beelzebut, or satan. That was a FALSE accusation.  Jesus was showing His power when he performed this deed. The actions of the Pharisees were blasphemy against the Holy Spirit,
Jesus answered them when He said:

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

As Mr. Webb pointed out, Jesus had just cast out a Demon  and the Pharisees accused Him by doing it through the power of Beelzebut, or satan. That was a FALSE accusation.  Jesus was showing His power when he performed this deed. The actions of the Pharisees were blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Now lets look at John 3:18  “Whoever believes in Him (Jesus Christ) is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.”

According to you, unbelief is blaspheming against the Holy Spirit and cannot be forgiven. However, John 3:18 says that the unbeliever  (blasphemer) in Jesus is condemned already.

But Jesus says in Matthew 12:32 says that "whosoever speaketh a word against (blasphemes) against the son of Man (Jesus) , it shall be forgiven him. So, is unbelief in John 3:18 against the Jesus or the Holy Spirit?

The key to understanding Matthew 12:32 is the phrase: "it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

Lets look at the world that Jesus lived in when He said "in this world." The world at that time was Israel under the Law, and Jesus came to fulfill all the OT promises to the Jewish fathers (Romans 15:8). Jesus came to establish His kingdom here upon the earth, and according to OT prophesy it was time for that establishment because the king had already been born and was in their midst. Therefore, they were COMMANDED to preach "the gospel of the kingdom."

However, the Jews, as a nation, rejected their King and His KIngdom. So the time of the events we are discussion is in the kingdom age. So "in this world" is speaking of the days that Jesus was living upon the earth.

When we get to "the world to come." we are talking about when the Church, the Body of Christ, is no longer here upon the earth. It will have been raptured to heaven before "the world to come"  comes to  into existance. Therefore, this sin cannot be committed during this dispensation of Grace. In the coming kingdom upon this earth, Jesus will be present again.

In this dispensation of Grace, ALL believers are "IN CHRIST." "There is therefore no comdemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus. For ther law of the Spirit (new nature) of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death" (Romans 8:1-2). What a blessed assurance.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Ofteh and Love the Lord!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 12:12:04 PM by BigD » Logged
DARRELX

Return off the King

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 09:33:50 PM »

Silver, unbelief is a willful act by an individual. IT IS NOT A SIN Should I not believe what you write, Is that a sin? I DON'T THINK SO!

I dont understand that logic since murder is a willful act by an individual and so is adultery and every other sin?

What I have been told in regards to the dreaded unpardonable sin is that if you are worried about it then you havent committed it, those that have are so hardened toward God that they wouldnt care ether way like the Pharisees.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 09:34:51 PM by DARRELX » Logged

Why follow Satan when he has already lost?
Shemaya
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2005, 10:23:32 PM »

I don't think there is one.....All I know is you can't be forgiven in less you have Jesus.
Hurting

Trying to learn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 11:07:30 AM »

There are a few.
Rape.
Murder.
Peadophilia.
The women who have abortions because they feel like it ( I only sympathise with abortion if both the baby and mother are in danger )

Maybe the last one I wrote wasn't an Unforgivable sin, but the other 3 are.
BigD
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 11:38:39 AM »

Silver:
You say that unbelief in an unpardonable sin.

At one time I was an unbeliever. So, according to you, I have committed the unpardonable si

Therefore, I must conclude, from you statement, I would not be able to be pardoned if I came a believer. Not that I am a believer, I must conclude that I still am not pardoned.

Get real.

God Bless.

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 12:50:35 PM »

Get real.  amen.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 01:24:51 PM »

From the book "BASIC BIBLE DOCTRINES" by Donald Webb.

THE BLASPHEMY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

This subject of the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is something that has been a considerable problem to many. We would like to interject here some brief comments on this issue. In Matthew 12:24-32 we find the exact definition of the unpardonable sin. The Lord had just healed a man possessed with a demon, and in verse 24 the Pharisees accused Him of casting out demons by Beelzebub or Satan. The Lord then laid a scathing rebuke against them for such a harsh judgment against Himself. He said in verse 28:

But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you (Matthew 12:28).

The Lord was demonstrating through the power of the Spirit that He was able to bind Satan and take out of the world such as He wanted. Their accusation attributed Christ's power, the work of the Holy Spirit, to Satan. Concerning this very sin, the Lord said:

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Much and Love The Lord!

I like BigDs response... Donald Webb is correct on this, we must take that passage in its context, and its context is speaking evil of the Holy Spirit. Certainly Not being unbelievers.

God bless

BigD
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2005, 03:23:40 PM »

THANK YOU AJ:

Donald Webb is right saying that this sin cannot be committed in this dispensation of grace.

God Bless.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the