Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:59:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who?  (Read 11545 times)
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2005, 05:43:22 PM »

Brothers And Sisters,

I don't wish to hurt anyone's feelings, but an opinion was asked for here. All I have is my own opinion, watching several of Binny Hinn's television programs, and reading a large number of articles about him.

I would first say that any man can repent, be saved, be changed, etc., so I have no idea if Binny Hinn has changed or not. If not, I would view him like a witch doctor at best. He has denied that Jesus Christ is Almighty God as a minister and has the reputation of a snake oil salesman. One of the things that bothers me the most is his lavish life and taking money from the poor. Had it not been connected to ministry, it would be criminal fraud, taking money on false pretenses.

Now, back to the original thought I tried to make clear:  I don't know the heart of Binny Hinn, and I have no idea if he has changed or not. My single biggest problem with him in the past is the denial that Jesus Christ is Almighty God. If one does this and calls themselves a minister, I would ask for who?

I hope this didn't offend anyone, as that was certainly not my intention. This is an important topic. If people are being ministered to from someone NOT of Almighty God, it is a worthy topic that needs to be discussed. This same topic came up in other threads, and many links have been given on this topic. I have no way of saying that everything I've read is absolute fact, but I do have enough to have a real burden on my heart about this topic. I would simply say that anyone who denies that Jesus Christ is Almighty God is a FALSE TEACHER who should be avoided.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Acts 26:18  To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Tom,
       If Hinn said that I agree with you. I had no idea that he siad anything like that. I stopped watching him or reading his books when it came out that he'd hired a women to claim she'd been healing. That is terrilbe and he still call himself a minister of the word. DISGUSTING!

musicllover

musicllover

musicllover
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2005, 06:33:38 PM »

MusicLover Said:

Tom,
      If Hinn said that I agree with you. I had no idea that he said anything like that. I stopped watching him or reading his books when it came out that he'd hired a women to claim she'd been healing. That is terrible and he still call himself a minister of the word. DISGUSTING!

musicllover

Sister, there are quite a few so-called ministries who deny that Jesus Christ is Almighty God. Some of them are fairly large. The ones I am thinking about claim Almighty God, but they deny Jesus Christ. The largest example would be Islam, yet they call their God Allah. Our so-called ministries who teach that Jesus Christ was made into a God from an angel, just a man, just a prophet, or just anyone other than Almighty God manifest in the flesh are just as bad or worse than Islam. It appears that new cults are rising up on every corner who deny that Jesus Christ is Almighty God. On the surface, they may look somewhat reasonable, but there is much more to find out after they hook someone. I must repeat that I have no idea what Binny Hinn believes now. Only God knows the heart.

I think that one simple question is a wonderful test before anyone should listen to a preacher:

Is Jesus Christ Almighty God?

If their answer is "NO", they are working for the devil - plain and simple. We MUST remember that the devil can quote Scripture, and his deceptions are no less tempting than they've been for thousands of years. If anything, the devil's deceptions are better and more clever now than ever. The devil believes in Jesus Christ, but not as Lord and Saviour. Some people claim to have Jesus Christ in their hearts, yet they deny that HE is Almighty God. The devil does not want the lost to believe that Almighty God, made manifest in the flesh, died on the Cross for us. The devil loses totally when we believe that Jesus Christ is Almighty God and HE loved us enough to die for us. Jesus Christ, the CROSS, and HIM arising from the dead to be our Lord and Saviour forever is the devil's worst nightmare.

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

II Timothy 3:15  And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2005, 10:28:01 PM »

2 Corinthians 13:5-9. 5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.
7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.
8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
9 For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2005, 09:28:49 AM »

Hinn's "repentence" was apparently verbal only. He agreed with several who went to him that some of his teachings were in doctrinal error, and promised to stop. He has continued anyway. Check Ole Anthony at the Trinity Foundation for more on that.

He has also refused to join the Christian Association for Financial Accountability, a watchdog org that puts a stamp of approval on Christian ministries. Those who don't mind opening their books join....those who want to keep things hidden don't.

Below are some quotes from Hinn that are clearly wrong.

God has 9 parts (tri-theistic).
     A. God has a body, soul and spirit.
     B. Jesus has a body, soul and spirit.
     C. Holy Spirit has a body, soul and spirit. (Benny Hinn, Benny Hinn broadcast, recorded 10/13/90)
(NOTE: Allegedly Hinn later recanted this ascertion, but his view of the Godhead is still unclear.)

Christians are little messiahs. Christians are little gods. (Benny Hinn, Praise-a-thon (TBN), recorded November 1990)

Jesus at His death became one with Satan. (Benny Hinn, Benny Hinn broadcast, recorded 12/15/90)

Poverty comes from Hell. Prosperity comes from Heaven. Adam had complete dominion over the earth and all it contains. A. Adam could fly like a bird. B. Adam could swim underwater and breathe like a fish. Adam went to the moon. Adam walked on water. Adam was a super being, He was the first superman that lived. Adam had dominion over the sun, moon & stars. Christians do not have Christ in their hearts. Sow a big seed, when you confess it, you are activating the supernatural forces of God. (Benny Hinn, Praise-a-thon (TBN), recorded November 1990)

When you don't give money, it shows that you have the devil's nature. (Benny Hinn, Praise-a-thon (TBN), recorded 4/21/91)

"He [Jesus] who is righteous by choice said, 'The only way I can stop sin is by Me becoming it. I can't just stop it by letting it touch Me; I and it must become one.' Hear this! He who is the nature of God became the nature of Satan where He became sin!" (Benny Hinn, TBN, 12/1/90).

Hinn revealed that he periodically visits (Kathryn) Kuhlman's grave and that he is one of the few with a key to gain access to it. He also visits Aimee (McPherson's) grave , where he says: "I felt a terrific anointing ... I was shaking all over ... trembling under the power of God ... `Dear God,' I said, `I feel the anointing.' ... I believe the anointing has lingered over Aimee's body." (Benny Hinn, April 7, 1991 sermon)

Benny Hinn said:
 Never, ever, ever go to the Lord and say, 'If it be thy will';
 We are 'little gods' and even part of God with all the power of God; and
 We are 'little messiahs,' everything that Jesus ever was."
from a 1992 Media Spotlight Special Report (P.O. Box 290, Redmond, WA 98073).

"When one is born again by faith in Jesus, he is given a new spirit man that wasn't there before--a spirit man that is divine in nature and God-like" (Benny Hinn, Our Position in Christ [sermon tape]).

"Though we are not Almighty God Himself, nevertheless, we are now divine" (Benny Hinn, 12/1/90, TBN)

"Had He (Jesus) not offered Himself through the Holy Ghost, He would not be accepted in the eyes of God the Father. Nor would He have endured the sufferings of the cross. Had He not presented Himself through the Holy Ghost, His blood would not have remained pure and spotless. And let me add this: Had the Holy Spirit not been with Jesus, He would have sinned." (Benny Hinn, Good Morning Holy Spirit, (Word, 1991) p.135)

"Do you know that every unbeliever is filled with a demon spirit?" (Good Morning Holy Spirit, (Benny Hinn, Word, 1991) p.146)

"Christians are "Little Messiah's and "little gods" on the earth. Thus [Encouraging the audience]...say "I am a God-man....This spirit-man within me is a God-man..." say "I'm born of heaven-a God-man. I'm a God man. I am a sample of Jesus. I'm a super being. Say it! Say it! Who's a super being? "I walk in the realm of the supernatural." Say it!...You want to prosper? Money will be falling on you from left, right and centre. God will begin to prosper you, for money always follows righteousness....Say after me, "everything I ever want is in me already." (Benny Hinn, TBN, 1990)

Benny Hinn says that Christians confessing they are "a sinner saved by grace" only insult God with such "garbage" (The Toronto Blessing, Stephen Sizer, 1990)

"Poverty is from the devil and that God wants all Christians prosperous." (Benny Hinn, TBN, 11/6/90)

"I am a 'little messiah' walking the earth" (Benny Hinn, Praise-a-Thon" on TBN, November 6, 1990).

"Are you ready for some real revelation knowledge....you are god" (Benny Hinn, "Our Position In Christ", tape # AO31190-1)

"You are a little god on earth running around". (Benny Hinn, "Praise-a-thon" broadcast on TBN, November, 1990)

"If you have attacked me, your children will pay for it."  (Benny Hinn, TBN "Heresy Hunters" October 23 1992)

" . . . the anointing is dependent upon my words. God will not move unless I say it. Why? because He has made us coworkers with Him. He set things up that way." (Benny Hinn, The Anointing. Nashville: Thomas Nelson. 1992. 82.)

Benny Hinn said: "This spirit-man within me is a God-man. Say after me, he’s born of heaven, he’s a super-being…Say I’m born of heaven - God-man. I’m a God-man. I’m a sample of Jesus. I’m a super being. Say it! Say it! Who’s a super being? I walk in the realm of the supernatural. Get the spirit-man renewed…when he’s strong, he’ll hold off sickness…you want to prosper? Money will be falling on you from left, right and center. God will begin to prosper you, for money always follows righteousness…Say after me, I hold my destiny." ("Joel’s Army," Jewel van der Merwe, Discernment Ministries)

"Holy Spirit said something to me and I had to go like a mad man and looking in the Word. He says, ‘God’s original plan is that the woman was to bring forth children out of her side.’ What? You know that there is nowhere in the Bible but where God gives birth out of His side. Jesus gives birth to the church out of His side. Adam gives birth to his wife out of his side. It was sin that turned the thing around. And it was sin that transformed her flesh and her body." (Transcribed From A Message Given By Benny Hinn, Paw Creek Ministries)

"God sent Jesus as an example to see if we could retain and maintain the Holy Spirit in human flesh." (Benny Hinn as observed by Ed Tarkowski in an e-mail Wed, 23 Jul 1997 23:02:03)

"Don't tell me you have Jesus. You ARE everything He was, and everything He is and shall be." (Benny Hinn, TBN)

"Just know this, that Jesus could not have remained sinless without the Holy Ghost...." (Benny Hinn and Paul Crouch on TBN)

"... I'm gonna read one Scripture, and then I'm gonna preach and the devil is gonna drop dead ..." (Benny Hinn, tape of crusade)

"... I was in Ghana recently preaching one night, they broguht a man, and this man was put on the platform, and he was dead, the man was dead.  And it was a very scary thing, because nobody told me he was dead ... suddenly the people went wild ... behind my back the man was getting up and moving ..."  (Later)"I was in Ghana just recently where half a million people showed up and a man was raised from the dead on the platform, that's a fact people."  (Later)"I would not limit God, God can raise the dead, absolutely.  I have not seen it, in that one case we did hear about it."

note that it moved from happening on his stage while he was there, to 'I have not seen it...'

Hinn prophesied on TBN in 1994 that "the Lord has told me, now listen here, this is a thus saith the Lord, that he is gonna wipe out the homosexual community in 1995, next year, he's just gonna take them completely out by fire, they're gone...".

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2005, 11:33:25 AM »

1Ti 6:5  Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the