Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:49:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Animals and Pets (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What's your favorite animal?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your favorite animal?  (Read 76237 times)
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2007, 03:44:23 AM »

Here you go sister. I don't think your landlord could object to this one.

I'm not a country girl, but I think that is a bull....looks like horns to me!  Wink

Speaking of bulls, one time at the county fair we were looking at the bulls and cows.  Well, all of a sudden right behind us was a farmer leading a gigantic bull by a nose ring!!  Shocked  Boy, did we move fast!!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:46:29 AM by Debp » Logged

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2007, 09:08:56 AM »

Hello Angel,

You didn't offend anyone - not even close. Christians are allowed to have some fun, and we aren't an exception. In fact, Christians should be the happiest people on the face of the earth. I think that all of us enjoy some fun and humor every day. If nothing else, it helps us get our minds off of big problems around the world for a few minutes.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Absolutely agree, God is a God of joy, He has a great sense of humor too, anyone who doubts that should just go lok in the mirror  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

And then just take a moment to think this is me, and God loves me just the way I look.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2007, 09:16:53 AM »

I'm not a country girl, but I think that is a bull....looks like horns to me!  Wink

Speaking of bulls, one time at the county fair we were looking at the bulls and cows.  Well, all of a sudden right behind us was a farmer leading a gigantic bull by a nose ring!!  Shocked  Boy, did we move fast!!  Cheesy

You are right that looks like a bull to me too.

!! YIKES!! Shocked Shocked

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2007, 10:18:13 AM »

lol  ...  even cows have horns but they are usually docked.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2007, 12:18:21 PM »

lol  ...  even cows have horns but they are usually docked.

as at a pier?  Grin Grin

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2007, 12:23:04 PM »

Grin Grin Grin  is that how they came up with the saying "till the cows come home?"  Grin Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2007, 12:31:37 PM »

as at a pier?  Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin

I don't think that they would float to well and I am sure they wouldn't do well on a boat either (except Noah's Ark)

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2007, 12:39:44 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

I am sure they wouldn't do well on a boat (except Noah's Ark)

Yeah I see what you mean and even then it was only one male and one female, all the rest drowned 

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »

!! YIKES!! Shocked Shocked

Right....I didn't know bulls were that tall and huge!!  The farmer leading him didn't even "beep" to warn us.  Smiley

My mom got chased by a bull once when she was a young girl.  Her mom told her to go over a fence because she saw some good mushrooms over there.  Well, there was a bull in that pasture!  My mom went running for her life and back over the fence....she did get a long gash and still has the scar!  But, at least, the bull didn't get her.

Pastor Roger, thanks for letting me know cows have horns, too.  I told you I wasn't a country girl.  Cheesy

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2007, 09:10:45 PM »

Pastor Roger, thanks for letting me know cows have horns, too.  I told you I wasn't a country girl.  Cheesy

Not a problem.   Wink    Coming from a long line of farmers I sometimes forget that others don't know these things as it is second nature to me. Most farmers de-horn their cows to prevent them goring each other. I helped my Aunt de-horn a number of hers. The fun one was the big brown swiss. She was one big cow and I had to use a step ladder to do it. She kept swinging her head around and knocking me off the ladder. My Aunt was cackling worse than a chicken calling her chicklets.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2007, 03:22:12 AM »

Not a problem.   Wink    Coming from a long line of farmers I sometimes forget that others don't know these things as it is second nature to me. Most farmers de-horn their cows to prevent them goring each other. I helped my Aunt de-horn a number of hers. The fun one was the big brown swiss. She was one big cow and I had to use a step ladder to do it. She kept swinging her head around and knocking me off the ladder. My Aunt was cackling worse than a chicken calling her chicklets.

Oh dear....must have been funny to see.  Cheesy

My mom (although an animal lover) didn't have much luck around farm animals apparently.  The Bandy rooster used to chase her and one time it jumped up on her back/neck.  Her dad made chicken dinner out of him after that event.  She also somehow got a bee in her hair and her dad had to take care of that, too.  Gee, maybe it's good I don't live in the country....could be hereditary!  Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2007, 08:20:16 AM »

We had banty roosters also. One of them also jumped on my back but made it's way up to my shoulder and perched there. After that he would perch there while I walked around and worked outside. I called him Charlie Wooster after the cook on Wagon Train because he was small and scrappy like him but inside he was really a loving character.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2007, 07:58:32 PM »

We had banty roosters also. One of them also jumped on my back but made it's way up to my shoulder and perched there. After that he would perch there while I walked around and worked outside. I called him Charlie Wooster after the cook on Wagon Train because he was small and scrappy like him but inside he was really a loving character.

Are Banty roosters usually mean?  From what my mom said, it seemed like they were....or maybe they just had a mean one.

They lived in the country during the Depression so every Sunday her dad would kill a chicken for dinner.  He also had a small vegetable garden and there were fruit trees.  He was a disabled vet (got gassed in the war) and got a small pension.  After they had to move (their town and ten others in PA got covered by the Youghiogheny Dam), they moved back to Pittsburgh.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »

Not all banties are mean. I have seen other fullsized breeds that were meaner than most bantys. I guess the bantys get the rap of being mean because they are so small that sometimes they have to be really scrappy in order to survive, especially if there is a lot of bigger chickens around them.

One of my aunts had nothing but bantys. Her rooster was pretty complacent most of the time unless you entered the hen house and he didn't know you.

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2007, 12:52:22 PM »

I love Bald Eagels and All Birds of prey!! They're so kewl I think!

Took this photo of this female sparrowhawk which was feeding in my back garden a couple of months ago.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the