Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:58:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Animals and Pets (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What's your favorite animal?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your favorite animal?  (Read 76238 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2007, 03:07:05 PM »

Hello Brother Joey,

That is a beautiful bird and a GREAT picture.

I've only seen birds like that close-up in zoos. My wife and I have seen a few eagles soaring in the wildlife refuge near us, but we've never seen them close. They are very graceful in flight and quite beautiful, but it shouldn't be forgotten that they are very powerful and dangerous birds.

It appears that hawk is looking at you and trying to decide if YOU are part of lunch.    Wink

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2007, 03:30:17 PM »

Hello Brother Joey,

That is a beautiful bird and a GREAT picture.

I've only seen birds like that close-up in zoos. My wife and I have seen a few eagles soaring in the wildlife refuge near us, but we've never seen them close. They are very graceful in flight and quite beautiful, but it shouldn't be forgotten that they are very powerful and dangerous birds.

It appears that hawk is looking at you and trying to decide if YOU are part of lunch.    Wink

Brother, you wouldn't believe how much seeing this bird blessed me. I was on a high all day. I love bird watching but its not everyday that you see a bird like this in the wild. And to have it in our garden was somethink else. I couldn't believe it when we opened our kitchen blinds that morning and saw this hawk. He had killed a pigeon and was really enjoying his breakfast.
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2007, 03:34:42 PM »

Here's another couple of photos for you brother. I took these last week, but thankfully, these were at a centre and not in my back garden  Shocked They are Black American Vultures

And this was them chasing there lunch  Grin

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:36:40 PM by Joey » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2007, 03:54:29 PM »

We have a lot of birds here. Both Sparrow and Chicken Hawks are plentiful. I hadn't seen a vulture like in your picture but we have Turkey Vultures that can been seen flying overhead all the time. I have seen them up close out in the country. There are a lot of Eagles that can been seen down by the river front especially during the time of year that they migrate. There are also a lot of different types of owls. I climbed up into the hayloft on my sisters farm about 10 yrs ago and went face to face with a big barn owl. It startled me so much I almost fell backwards off the loft ladder. The owl just sat there and looked at me without twitching. It was probably laughing inwardly at me.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2007, 04:14:05 PM »

Shocked    Grin

All it takes is seeing vultures circling me and I go home. If a group of vultures chased me, I don't know when I'd come out again.   Grin

My wife and I both love to watch wildlife, even the kinds that aren't so wild and dangerous. We keep feeders and water out in our back yard and really enjoy watching squirrels and a good variety of small birds. I was recently excited to get a few cardinals and blue jays in my yard.

We live within a 15 minute drive of a large wildlife preserve, and we go out there pretty often just to watch the animals. Neither of us know much about the tricks to see wildlife, so our refuge is a great place for newbies like us to see all kinds of things. They are all loose but completely protected by huge fines and a large ranger staff. As a result, they are really more dangerous because they have no fear of people. It's a peaceful place to go and simply enjoy GOD'S Creation for several hours. A picture like yours would be a once in a lifetime opportunity even in a refuge. Predatory birds just don't have much to do with people unless they're picking the last remaining meat off your bones.   Grin

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2007, 06:54:58 PM »

I found an injured Red Tailed Hawk once at the end of my street (in L.A.!)  It was very windy (abnormal here) that day and it kept getting blown about by the wind and couldn't fly.  I called animal control and he picked it up.....said he'd take it to a vet and then it would be released.  He told me what kind of bird it was.  That was something for a city dweller like me.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2007, 12:55:14 AM »

Hello Debp,

You made me think of a neat story. Here, we have a lady known throughout the area as the "Bird Lady". She isn't a veterinarian and has no special schooling, but she's been helping wild birds recover for many years. She actually has licenses and permits to care for them inside the city limits and has an unusually high success rate. I've been in her house several times, and her life appears to be devoted almost entirely to birds. The house is full of all kinds of wild bird, and they are obviously well cared for. Most of them are returned to the wild without any problems, and those unable to adapt are taken to zoos. I think that they call her the "Bird Lady" because she might be part bird.   Grin  I've never seen anyone able to handle birds like she does. I think that she even speaks bird.   Grin 

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2007, 02:26:05 AM »

I think that they call her the "Bird Lady" because she might be part bird.   Grin  I've never seen anyone able to handle birds like she does. I think that she even speaks bird.   Grin 

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Many years ago there was an elderly lady across the street who used to care for sick birds (mainly pigeons).  She also loved the stray cats and temporarily took in a momma cat that delivered a litter of beautiful long haired kittens.  Then she found homes for them....easier to do because they looked so extra pretty.  (I also was a stray cat feeder for many years....got them spayed/neutered with the help of a volunteer group....people would move and throw them out unspayed!)  Finally, the last stray died about a year ago....now I don't feed any new ones.  But the old timers that were thrown out, I felt sorry for so fed them.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2007, 09:17:59 AM »

I love eagles, I just love to watch them soar in the sky, it reminds me of the scripture, Isaiah 40:31  Isa 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

We have a lot of eagles and hawks as well were we live as a matter of fact there is a particular hawk that likes to perch right on top of the lamp post in front of my house, every morning I go out there to watch it and watch the eagles just soaring in the sky.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
beautifulworshiper

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2008, 03:07:06 AM »

My all time favorite animal are birds. I love them all. I used to have 11 birds all different kinds and now I am down to 6. Dogs are nice too because they can protect you well and are just as good companions. We have dogs as well. Are friends ask if they can come over to our zoo house....
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2008, 10:53:26 AM »

My favourite animals are dinosaurs.

I loved them when I was young but as I got older and learned more about God, I rejected dinosaurs. They didn't make sense and figured it was a hoax.

I do realize now that they did exist. I love them again!

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
phillip

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2008, 08:34:19 PM »

My favorite animals are cats and dogs.  I have two indoor cats, who are brother and sister, named Max and Mya.  Max is the one with the personality, and Mya is the most cuddlesome of the two.  Max sleeps with me sometimes and can tell when I am not feeling good. My dog Ragan is also one gentle dog, a mixture of Chow and Golden Retriever.  I thank the Lord for my pets.
phillip

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2008, 10:11:49 PM »

I love cats and my one dog!  I have four cats named Chris, Pris, Max, and Mya!  They are adorable and sweet animals who are tamer than a dog!  I have a wonderful dog named Ragan who is gentle and sweet!  Max, my male cat, is the smartest one though as he knows how to get free food and attention!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the