Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:52:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Matt: 7:21-23
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt: 7:21-23  (Read 5967 times)
Reba
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2004, 11:20:42 AM »

For the last 2000 years, the disciples, including Paul have had their lives exposed on the pages of Scripture.  "Somehow" they have held up just fine.  Integrity, righteousness, and holy living before God is what counts.

1 Tim 5:20 Those who sin, rebuke before all, so that the rest also may fear.

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Where in the NT are the daily lives of the deciples exposed?  We can plainly see King Davids life his many great sins are listed murder and all...

I thought the  Gosples as we know them were laid out well after the deaths of the guys..

The thing about Mom and TBN that drives me NUTS is Mom and Dad were often 'home mission' pastors. in the 50s that ment NO MONEY and yet she sends $$$ to the 'big guys' I have pleaded for her to support another home misson some place.

Maybe Malky, i did not make my self clear the TBN crowd are thiefs and crooks who use the Word to rob and steal....   Tongue
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2004, 11:25:11 AM »

Maybe Malky, i did not make my self clear the TBN crowd are thiefs and crooks who use the Word to rob and steal....  Tongue

And how does that make you feel Sis?   Grin BTW, I agree.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2004, 02:06:59 PM »

Since we're on the subject:  Angry

I print and distribute, free of charge, 5,000 newspapers every month. Of that amount, about 750 are sent to prisoners around the US.  Advertising in the paper covers about 1/3 of the cost to produce it, and nothing of the mailing.

While Benny is bringing in 120 MILLION+ a year, I can't entice ONE...not even ONE....Christian reader to give $2 a month to send papers to two prisoners.

Guess I'm not outrageous enough, or don't have a feather designed to tickle ears.

It's disgusting.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Reba
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2004, 02:29:27 PM »

Maybe Malky, i did not make my self clear the TBN crowd are thiefs and crooks who use the Word to rob and steal....  Tongue

Like drowning in a strong, hot, cup of coffee!  Grin
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2004, 02:34:46 PM »

I could handle that right about now.  I got the flu bug and I really wanna squash it... Cry

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2004, 02:41:10 PM »

Like drowning in a strong, hot, cup of coffee!  Grin
Did some one say coffee? I need a cup!
I also agree about the TBN crowd. Tongue Tongue

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2004, 06:26:24 PM »

BEP,

I offer my apology if I offended in any way.  My intention was to describe as clearly as possible my experience.  I believe much of what people say is taken out of context, but that's just my opinion.  All I can say is that I just praise God for His protection over me, if all of these people mentioned are so ungodly.  

I did read some of the information posted.  I read much of it awhile back.  Luke 6:42 came to mind about taking the log out of your own eye before taking the speck out of your brother's eye.  It's just my opinion, but I think articles like that constitute slander and judgmentalism.

Sorry I was ignorant about labels, too. I won't mention them again. Lips Sealed

cris

Brother Cris,

You didn't say anything at all to offend me in any way. I only mentioned men's labels and tags as part of this discussion. I don't really believe that anyone in this thread is trying to offend or hurt anyone's feelings. I know that is the last thing I would want to do. I know this is a very serious discussion, and I'm trying to learn about some of the issues raised.

Brother, I hope that I didn't say anything to offend you or hurt your feelings. I do find the subject matter here to be so serious that I want to find out the truth for myself. I'm from a family full of preachers and missionaries. I would have to say that I'm ignorant about television ministries. We do our own Bible studies in my family, so I guess the best term for me would be "spoiled and sheltered", being spiritually fed since before I could talk. I give thanks for that.

Brother, I would simply ask you to keep an open mind and try to learn about this as I have decided to do. In fact, I prayed about this, and I want to find out the truth for myself. When I listen to television shows, it's usually for Christian music. I already have several ministers in my own family, and I have a list of Bible study topics for my personal Bible study that I probably won't live long enough to complete.

Brother, if I said anything to offend you, please forgive me. I just want to discover the truth about this for myself.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2004, 06:33:57 PM »

Evangelist,

Brother, you reminded me of something I promised to do and I forgot. I told you I would try to help with your financial burdens in your ministry, and I will. I'm sorry that I forgot. I have received a blessing from your ministry, and I pray that God will provide the help you need.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 11:28-30  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2004, 06:36:27 PM »

Sister Reba,

It's great to see you back on the forum. I know that you've had some big trials to go through, and you have been in my prayers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Reba
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2004, 07:07:25 PM »

Thanks Mr Bepster!  Smiley

Your cards are a blessing
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2004, 05:03:09 PM »

Brother Cris,

You didn't say anything at all to offend me in any way. I only mentioned men's labels and tags as part of this discussion. I don't really believe that anyone in this thread is trying to offend or hurt anyone's feelings. I know that is the last thing I would want to do. I know this is a very serious discussion, and I'm trying to learn about some of the issues raised.

Brother, I hope that I didn't say anything to offend you or hurt your feelings. I do find the subject matter here to be so serious that I want to find out the truth for myself. I'm from a family full of preachers and missionaries. I would have to say that I'm ignorant about television ministries. We do our own Bible studies in my family, so I guess the best term for me would be "spoiled and sheltered", being spiritually fed since before I could talk. I give thanks for that.

Brother, I would simply ask you to keep an open mind and try to learn about this as I have decided to do. In fact, I prayed about this, and I want to find out the truth for myself. When I listen to television shows, it's usually for Christian music. I already have several ministers in my own family, and I have a list of Bible study topics for my personal Bible study that I probably won't live long enough to complete.

Brother, if I said anything to offend you, please forgive me. I just want to discover the truth about this for myself.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

BEP,  

Don't ask me how, but I misunderstood.  I thought I offended but didn't really know how I did that.  I thought, that you thought, the posts might be getting into an argument mode, so, I said I wouldn't respond for that reason.  

I wouldn't intentionally offend-----------for sure!!

I will definitely keep an open mind.  Thanks, BEP.

God bless,
cris

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2004, 08:11:29 PM »

I misunderstood BEP's post, that's why I said I wouldn't comment on this topic again.

ALLINALL---I hope you're feeling a little better today.

Reba-------I didn't understand your post about Paul C. "paying off" his accuser.  I've never heard anything about this.  The statement about Sandi Patti-------I don't know if this is true, either.  All I know is we are all sinners. But, WE tend to decide one sin is worse than another.  If someone calls themselves a Christian, and chooses to live in adultery, then I wonder how they can call themselves a Christian.  God will judge them.  If this one should be a Pastor, then I believe he isn't fit to pastor according to the Word of God.  If he won't step down, then the elders must make him step down.

I don't think ALL history is gossip.  I don't think all of it's true either.  Ouch, was that a rock that just hit me in the head? Grin

MALKYEL---------I don't think the Apostle Paul was a gossip.  Others were accountable to him, and on and on.  TRUST is the word here.  One has to "earn" trust.  If I repeat what I hear, or what is written without knowing and trusting, then I'm guilty of gossiping.  Even if I repeat what someone tells me about another, whether true or untrue, I'm considered a gossip.  It seems to me the "accusers" should be using the same platform.  Why don't they have TV ministries?  Some level ground is needed here.  It also seems to me they would be a lot more effective in proving their case if they were willing to expose their own lives across the TV screen.  

I don't know for how long these accusers have been rebuking those TV ministries whom they think are sinning, but I'm assuming it's been a long time.  What good has it done in reference to "so the rest also may fear?"  Before I'd ever expose and/or accuse anyone, I'd have to "know" they were guilty, and not guilty because I took what they said out of context.  Then, with the bible and prayer, ask God what he'd have me do.  The biblical mandate to bring those in opposition to the "truth" as enemies of the Gospel was local. EVERYONE'S life was exposed for EVERYONE to see. The bible isn't gossip and what Paul told others to do wasn't gossip, either.  We need to compare apples with apples.

From what I've seen, every denomination has their interpretation and they think their interpretation is the correct one.  There wouldn't be all these different denominations if this wasn't true. Is somebody right and somebody wrong?  Is everybody right?  Is everybody wrong?  All I can offer anyone, is to let them know Jesus loves them, and died for them.  I also let them know I'm willing to help them.  I know lots of Christians who would walk past someone (even someone they know from the same church) who needed help and say, "Well, I'm sorry to hear that.  I'll be praying for you." They don't offer any help, when they could.  I know first hand because it's happened to me.  And, they've been from different denominations.   Before someone tears down a TV ministry, let them take a good look at what's going on locally. Reba mentioned this, too.  I'd say the local church needs to get itself in order.  TBN probably wouldn't have been on the air as long as it has, if the local church was doing its job.  So,TBN is doing God's work, too.  Many, who otherwise would never have heard of the gospel, heard, and were saved because of TBN.

Oh, the baby and the bathwater---------I cannot imagine a mom or dad (Victorian or not) putting a baby into filthy water.  Common sense says one would bathe the baby first, for many different reasons.  I dunno, maybe the only people who have common sense are us comtemporary ones.  Actually, I'm surprised any of us made it this far, considering all the bacteria in our ancestors bathwater. Lips Sealed  Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the