Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:57:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Faith and works coincide
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Faith and works coincide  (Read 14001 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2003, 04:51:19 PM »

But to him that worketh not but   beliveth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”  Thus salvation is “not of works”  but “unto good works” (Eph. 2:8-10).  Good works is the fruit, not the root.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2003, 06:00:03 AM »

But to him that worketh not but   beliveth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”  Thus salvation is “not of works”  but “unto good works” (Eph. 2:8-10).  Good works is the fruit, not the root.

Right On!

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2003, 07:57:48 AM »

Hey all

EPH.2  [8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:[9] Not of works,
lest any man should boast.[10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

I really dont understand. If you choose to leave off verse 10, will it come to pass as you stand before HIM on the last day that HE to will ignore it also? Maybe i just do not get it! Maybe you can pick and choose 1 line out of the bible and make a doctrine contrary to the rest of the WORD. But for those of us who believe the whole WORD of God, what are these good works that God has given us to walk in?

PSALM 78  [1] Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.[2] I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:[3] Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.
[4] We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.[5] For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children:[6] That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children:[7] That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments:[8] And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.[9] The children of Ephraim, being armed, and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle.[10] They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law;[11] And forgat his works, and his wonders that he had shewed them.

Who opened HIS mouth in a parable? Who established a testimony in Jacob? JESUS CHRIST.

Wreck N Sow,

Amen, Jesus, is that prophet whom God told Moses, to tell Israel He would raise up for them from among His bretehrn, please Notice what God says;

Deut 18
17  And the LORD said unto me, ........................
18  I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19  And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Now listen carefully to what Jesus said;

Jhn 12
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48  He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

To Nicodemus, Jesus, spoke these words;

Jhn 3
10  ............. , Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11  Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15  That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments
They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law

THE WORKS OF GOD THAT WE SHOULD WALK IN
EPH.2 [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

I believe verse 10, above, but;

you said;
THE WORKS OF GOD THAT WE SHOULD WALK IN

What you have posted is not a verse; it is a verse you made up. Kind of like Ollie, there.

Good works,  is what God has ordained that we walk in them.

Not the works of Gods, that is his work.

Please Note;

Men came to Jesus, and asked Him;

Jhn 6
28  ........................... What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

And Jesus did say,

Jhn 14
12  He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

And then we read that faith is given, and then even the belief necessary to do gain faith, is given by God;

Gal 3
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Phil1
29  For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him,but also to suffer for his sake;

Blessings,  

Petro
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 08:02:44 AM by Petro » Logged

suzie

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2003, 11:51:15 AM »

Ephesians 2:9-10 says it all.  

We are saved by grace through faith. In Christ we do good works which God has prepared for us to do.

Our works come out of our salvation. Our desire is no longer for self but to do God's will, our works are done because we are His not to become His. We will be known by the fruit we bear.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2003, 03:50:12 PM »

We are saved by grace through faith. In Christ we do good works which God has prepared for us to do.

Our works come out of our salvation. Our desire is no longer for self but to do God's will, our works are done because we are His not to become His. We will be known by the fruit we bear.

Amen

But to him that worketh not but  beliveth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”  Thus salvation is “not of works”  but “unto good works” (Eph. 2:8-10).  Good works is the fruit, not the root.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2003, 04:47:29 AM »

Amen

But to him that worketh not but  beliveth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”  Thus salvation is “not of works”  but “unto good works” (Eph. 2:8-10).  Good works is the fruit, not the root.

Another Amen

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2003, 09:29:14 AM »

A sinner can be brought into right relationship to God (that is, justified, made fit for heaven) by penitently BELIEVING “the record of God’s son.” See 1 John 5:1-13). No sinner has ever been justified by works, for “the grace of God that bringeth salvation” is opposed to works for salvation, even as Romans 11:6 declares, “IF BY GRACE then is it NO MORE OF WORKS, otherwise grace is no more grace…”God the Father has already provided a sufficient life and sacrifice for our sins through His Son Jesus Christ, whom He has raised from the dead. See 1 Peter 2:22-24; 1 Cor. 15:1-5; 2 Cor. 5:21. Here, then, is God’s plan for saving or JUSTIFYING sinners: “This is the work of (singular) of God, that ye BELIEVE on Him Whom He hath sent.” – John 6:29. For “to him that WORKETH NOT, but BELIVETH on Him that justifieth the ungodly, HIS FAITH is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness WITHOUT WORKS.” – Rom. 4:5-6. “For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourself, it is THE GIFT OF GOD: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boars.” – Eph. 2:8-9. Therefore, being JUSTIFIED (declared right) BY FAITH, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”—Rom. 5:1.

Grin

A4C,

In reviewing this thread, I see I didn't catch this post of yours.

Good post,

I did want to emphasize something that is missed, by those who want to go directly to Jesus, bypassing God.

Trust in Gods word begins by belieivng God first, "the record of God's Son", is God's own words which He placed in the mouth of His Son; to speak to men.

The emphasis is in the record God has given about His sin;

1 Jhn 5
10  He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Jhn 12
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jhn 17
1  ......................Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2  As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Thanks for the scriptures, you quoted...

God Bless,

Petro

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2003, 10:03:03 AM »

A sinner can be brought into right relationship to God (that is, justified, made fit for heaven) by penitently BELIEVING “the record of God’s son.” See 1 John 5:1-13). No sinner has ever been justified by works, for “the grace of God that bringeth salvation” is opposed to works for salvation, even as Romans 11:6 declares, “IF BY GRACE then is it NO MORE OF WORKS, otherwise grace is no more grace…”God the Father has already provided a sufficient life and sacrifice for our sins through His Son Jesus Christ, whom He has raised from the dead. See 1 Peter 2:22-24; 1 Cor. 15:1-5; 2 Cor. 5:21. Here, then, is God’s plan for saving or JUSTIFYING sinners: “This is the work of (singular) of God, that ye BELIEVE on Him Whom He hath sent.” – John 6:29. For “to him that WORKETH NOT, but BELIVETH on Him that justifieth the ungodly, HIS FAITH is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness WITHOUT WORKS.” – Rom. 4:5-6. “For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourself, it is THE GIFT OF GOD: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boars.” – Eph. 2:8-9. Therefore, being JUSTIFIED (declared right) BY FAITH, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”—Rom. 5:1.

Grin

A4C,

In reviewing this thread, I see I didn't catch this post of yours.

Good post,

I did want to emphasize something that is missed, by those who want to go directly to Jesus, bypassing God.

Trust in Gods word begins by belieivng God first, "the record of God's Son", is God's own words which He placed in the mouth of His Son; to speak to men.

The emphasis is in the record God has given about His sin;

1 Jhn 5
10  He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Jhn 12
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Jhn 17
1  ......................Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2  As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Thanks for the scriptures, you quoted...

God Bless,

Petro

Amen

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2003, 06:29:46 AM »

YES!!!

I "LOVE" This

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the