Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:06:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Can God be worshiped with lies?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can God be worshiped with lies?  (Read 5459 times)
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2004, 11:40:20 AM »

Can God be worshiped with lies?

John 4:23 “But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”

Jesus said that God MUST be worshiped in Spirit and TRUTH. Yet, every year millions of professing Christians partake in the practices of a religious lie and claim they are worshiping God by doing so. The lie they practice is christmass. How many know that the term “christmas” is a  religious lie of the worse kind? It is a Roman Catholic term meaning the mass of their christ. God’s Word says that the true Christ was sacrificed one time for us never to be repeated again, which make the mass a lie. How then can God be worshiped base on this religious lie?

Have any here considered what you are saying when you tell someone to have a “merry christmas”? The mass is a tool used by Satan to deceive people from the true Christ therefore used by him in blinding people to the true gospel. Millions of souls are in hell now because their faith was in the false christ of the mass rather than the true Christ of the Bible. So when one wishes another a “merry christmas” in reality it is a very sad an horrible thing to do.

Pilgrim

New Life Bible Chapel
http://www.nlbchapel.org
No Gray Areas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 12:17:20 AM »

I ahve Christain friends who think I am a nut because I buried our christmas tree in the cement floor we were laying we I discovered it's pagan beginings, In their opinion christmas tree's do hurt anyone?Huh?
I'll do without mine thank you God is the centre of ourlives

Suz

No Gray Areas
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 12:40:57 AM »

I ahve Christain friends who think I am a nut because I buried our christmas tree in the cement floor we were laying we I discovered it's pagan beginings, In their opinion christmas tree's do hurt anyone?Huh?
As Brother Love would say.........

2 Thumbs Up!! Sister Smiley

Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 01:32:32 PM »

Amen!

New Life Bible Chapel
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 08:57:57 PM »

I wonder if there are any of us that are not in some kind of deception or another  Lips Sealed

If God's grace was dependent on man's actions then we would all be in severe trouble  Roll Eyes

I do not believe that people who say "Merry Christmas" are destined to hell  Cool  

Shalom, Nana

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 10:05:13 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are all names with Pagan roots, each an an honor to a god with a little "g", and that means nothing.

Every day belongs to the LORD. As an individual, I think that the Christmas issue is a silly issue to divide Christians. Christmas is just like every other day, as it can be used to worship Jesus, and it is by most Christians. I celebrate the birth of Jesus every day, and I give thanks for HIS perfect sacrifice on the Cross every day.

I will have Christmas in my family, and I will have absolutely nothing to feel any guilt about when the day is over. We will worship and praise God that day, and so will my church. In fact, my church will have special Christmas Services and special New Year Services. We will have a good time in the LORD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 11:07:57 PM »

Can God be worshiped with lies?

John 4:23 “But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”

Jesus said that God MUST be worshiped in Spirit and TRUTH. Yet, every year millions of professing Christians partake in the practices of a religious lie and claim they are worshiping God by doing so. The lie they practice is christmass. How many know that the term “christmas” is a  religious lie of the worse kind? It is a Roman Catholic term meaning the mass of their christ. God’s Word says that the true Christ was sacrificed one time for us never to be repeated again, which make the mass a lie. How then can God be worshiped base on this religious lie?

Have any here considered what you are saying when you tell someone to have a “merry christmas”? The mass is a tool used by Satan to deceive people from the true Christ therefore used by him in blinding people to the true gospel. Millions of souls are in hell now because their faith was in the false christ of the mass rather than the true Christ of the Bible. So when one wishes another a “merry christmas” in reality it is a very sad an horrible thing to do.

Pilgrim

Lotz of good points here.

I feel very hollow saying "Merry Christmas", or even singing the tradional carols (like "tis the season", or "Jingle Bells"...).

It's good to be happy, and merry.

What I don't like about any holidays, like Jesus and the sabbath, is that the sabbath(ie. holidays), were made for man, not the other way around.

If you notice, because we participate in a pagan society generally(mostly by virtue of our employment), we are subject to their calendar.

Their calendar carries all the holidays.

We did not so learn Christ!

See, that's my feeling about it.

I feel attacked, or under attack, when calendar holidays impose their time table on my "walking in the spirit".  

And Paul in Galatians carries a similar theme, I think.

But I've learned to take the pagan calendar in stride.  I put a few Christmas decorations.  Just some color.  And a few lights.

As Christians, we are to do all as unto the Lord.

I'm not sure an endorsement or a prohibition can be carried strictly.

But walking in the Spirit seems separate from much of it.
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 11:41:18 PM »

Symphony,

You also have some good points.  I think that when you discover the roots of some of the things that are practiced in Christianity, it becomes difficult to continue to do them - for some people.

Not all Christians are aware of these things, and many who are, decide not to apply it to their lives.

For myself, walking in His love means a balance of tolerance for others, yet doing what I believe is right in God's eyes.  

When I first discovered the truth about Christmas, I was horrified.  I took every decoration I had and disposed of it, and have never looked back.  However; my immediate family does not see things the same way I do.  

I love my adult kids dearly, and they need to make their own choices - do I make it difficult for them, or do I celebrate with grace and mercy?

The cool thing is, they have been slowly growing away from alot of the trivial stuff.  They know my thoughts - I don't have to drive a wedge between us, nor do I need to continually obsess over it.  I just let God do want He wants to do, and leave it in His Hands.

To say it another way - God is not going to keep people out of heaven because they celebrate Christmas  Wink

Shalom, Nana

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 09:11:36 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are all names with Pagan roots, each an an honor to a god with a little "g", and that means nothing.

Every day belongs to the LORD. As an individual, I think that the Christmas issue is a silly issue to divide Christians. Christmas is just like every other day, as it can be used to worship Jesus, and it is by most Christians. I celebrate the birth of Jesus every day, and I give thanks for HIS perfect sacrifice on the Cross every day.

I will have Christmas in my family, and I will have absolutely nothing to feel any guilt about when the day is over. We will worship and praise God that day, and so will my church. In fact, my church will have special Christmas Services and special New Year Services. We will have a good time in the LORD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hello Tom,

Greetings in the name of the true Lord Jesus Christ of the Scriptures. Yes, it is true that the days of the week are named after pagan gods but that does not make partaking in wicked pagan customs something that is okay to do. You are missing an important point in your reasoning here. If a Christian were to wake up on a Saturday and begin his day by giving honor to the god of Saturday with whatever customs the pagans do, then the Christian is involved in things that do not honor God. Yet, if a Christian referred to Saturday as Saturday because that is the name given to that day then there is nothing wrong in that. A man mighty in the Word of God had the same name as a pagan god, Apollo. He did not change his name even though it was the same name as a pagan God, there is no sin in that. Yet, if Apollo practiced the worship or copied the worship style given to the pagan god Apollo, and renamed its traditions and customs with biblical names and meanings then he would have been in sin. Using the word Christmas as a name of a religious holiday which takes place in December is not sin, but to practice the pagan rites which have been baptized in Christian terminology that is associated with the Christmas holiday is.

You say that you “think that the Christmas issue is a silly issue to divide Christians.” I don’t know how you can say that in light of the importance God’s Word places on truth and obedience. Christmas involves worship but is it worship to the true God or some other god? Does God accept this worship or does He count it the same as the strange fire Nadab and Abihu tried to offer Him in their own authority. It doesn’t matter how sincere one is when they go against God’s Word by offering God something He never asked for or commanded. It doesn’t matter what one says Christmas means to them, it matters what it means to God and He will not accept strange fire no matter how sincere or self deceived one is concerning their offer of worship if it is not according to God’s rules. Instead of pleasing God many dishonor Him.

Lev 10:1 “And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. 2  And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD. 3  Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace. “

There are many examples in the Scripture of people offering God what they believe is true worship and sacrifice but in reality is not. In each case man has taken it on himself to create his own rules of worship and neglect the rules God already established. We have Adam and Eve trying to be accepted before God in their own efforts by covering their nakedness and shame with leaves. God showed them this was wrong and corrected them by slaying innocent animals and making the animal skins a covering for Adam and Eve that was acceptable to Him. Cain offered the fruit of the ground which must have been very beautiful and pleasing to mans eyes. Abel offered a the firstlings of his flock which most likely was a bloody animal sacrifice which was most likely not very pleasant to the eyes of man. God rejected Cain’s sacrifice and accepted Abel’s.  You have the woman of Samaria who Jesus gently rebuke in John 4 saying that they did not even know what they were worshiping even though they claimed they worshiped God. The problem they had was they created their own worship by their own authority and they ended up not even worshiping God.
Christmas is a man made tradition stolen from the pagans with all of its rites and repackaged with biblical names and meanings then offered to God. God never commanded us to worship Him in Christmas, yet He clearly commanded us not to learn the worship styles of the pagans. Christmas is a clear example of man making void the Word of God by his own traditions. When it comes to worship it might be a small matter in your eyes but God takes it very seriously and even killed those who dared to go against His Word and offer Him strange fire.
Just because you feel no guilt when you celebrate Christmas does not mean that it is okay. Many who disobey God do so claiming they have a clear conscience. Yet, it reality all they proved was that their conscience was sheared with a hot iron so that they no longer were sensitive to the instructions of the Lord. To find comfort by the fact that the majority of those who profess Christ as Lord and Savior partake of a worship that is not pleasing to God is a false comfort that is dangerous to fall into. God does not change something that is wrong into something that is right just because the masses practice what is wrong, rather He demands that the masses repent and do what is right. The question still remains, “Can God be worshiped in lies?”  Is the RCC mass a lie or is it truth? Is the christ of the RCC mass the true Christ of Scripture or if he a false christ based in religious deception? Is not the very term christmass a lie in and of itself? If so, then are we not commanded by God to walk in truth and not to lie to one another? How can one partake of christmas and not violate truth itself? The Lord Jesus of the Bible is truth, the christ of the RCC mass is a lie.

God bless
pilgrim  

« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 09:17:45 AM by Pilgrim » Logged

New Life Bible Chapel
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 10:17:50 AM »

Rom 14:4  Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Rom 14:5  One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6  He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Rom 14:7  For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

Jos 24:15  And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 11:15:55 AM »

Rom 14:4  Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Rom 14:5  One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6  He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Rom 14:7  For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

Jos 24:15  And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Hello Mr. Roger,

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 14 is routinely used by those wishing to justify observing pagan holidays such as halloween, christmas and easter.  Romans 14 is taken horrendously out of context to justify these pagan holidays. The days mention in this chapter at one time were God ordained Old Testament observances which no longer need to be observed under the New Testament. Here is an excellent article on Romans 14 and christmas  http://members.aol.com/gregscv/garnett2.htm  I hope you take the time to read it.

I ask you the questions “can God be worshiped in lies?” Is the RCC mass a biblical truth or is it a diabolical lie? Is not the term christmas a lie in and of itself? What is merry about the RCC mass which is used by Satan to blind mens eyes to the light of the true gospel? If the very nature of christmas is a lie can God be worshiped by it?

The problem with christmas is that it has a very deep emotional hold on most who practice it. Many people properly discern other matters that do not have this kind of hold on them. Christmas is a huge family thing for many and they refuse to repent of it because to much is at stake for them. I have been asking these questions to co-workers who claim to be Christians and I can see that it is a painful question for them to answer. Some have said that they never gave these things any thought at all. They admit that the very term christmas is a religious deception that can not be true according to the Word of God and yet they feel to reject christmas is to reject family which leaves them feeling very uncomfortable. For conversation sake try asking a few people you know to answer these questions. Look at their faces and you will see the painful struggle that takes place in an honest person as they weight what they know is right against what they want to do. Most people refuse to let the Word of God judge christmas because they intend to practice it for family reasons regardless. This is scary when one considers the Words of the Lord Jesus in Matthew 10:

Mat 10:32 “Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33  But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37  He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38  And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.”

God bless
pilgrim

New Life Bible Chapel
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2004, 01:19:49 PM »

Pilgrim,

Personally I do not celebrate "Christmas" in the traditional manner. I do celebrate the birth of Jesus daily and thank God for that wonderous occasion.

I would like to ask you one question though. Do you celebrate Thanksgiving, or your birthday or the birthdays of family members? Easter, perhaps Veterans Day, Memorial Day or any of the other such holidays?

All of these holidays have one thing in common with Christmas, they were made by man for man. When I celebrate any of these holidays, Jesus Christ is the center of that celebration. Does that make worshipping God a lie then also?

Or is it just the name that offends you? The word mas (mæsse) is a latin word that literally means the dismissal at the end of a religious service. The word Christ mæsse, shortened to Christmas, came into being for a service that celebrated the birth of Jesus Christ. Personally I see nothing wrong with celebrating and thanking God for the birth of Jesus Christ.

Personally I prefer "God bless you" over "Merry Christmas".

When any holiday becomes more important, for or against it,  than the grace of God through Jesus Christ, it is a sin, I will agree to that.

I for one will not belittle another for celebrating "Christmas" or for not celebrating it. That is for each to decide.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2004, 03:38:08 PM »

This kind of reminds me of when the adulterous woman was brought before Jesus, so that He would condemn her for her sin.

And again with the thief on the cross, who at first reviled Jesus and then asked for forgiveness.

The argument for and against Christmas really boils down to our relationship with God.  The moment you begin to judge another person's celebration of it, you are making their salvation dependent on works and not on grace through faith.

I believe that God has even used Christmas to bring people into His heart - I know that's a shock  Roll Eyes  God's grace and blessings are not dependent on what we do.  He loves in spite of, not because of.

Please . . .  do not take me wrong.  I am not for sloppy grace.  I believe obedience and refining according to the Word of God is critical in a person's life.  We must seek after God above all else for His leading and direction and to love and pursue truth with all of our hearts.

It's just that God is bigger than what we can ever do, or think or say.  It is a matter of the heart.

Those who are without sin, may cast the first stone Smiley

Shalom, Nana
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 03:39:33 PM by MalkyEL » Logged

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2004, 06:59:08 PM »

"Romans 14 is taken horrendously out of context to justify these pagan holidays."

It appears you are also taking scripture out of context to support an arguement against said pagan holidays?

To worship in spirit simply indicates genuine worship from the heart.  Worship in truth means worship grounded in God’s Word.   The basic requirement is that we are to worship Christ alone, and not  allow any person or thing to be glorified in our lives beside Him. We observe many rituals and celebrations in our daily lives, none of which diminish our dedication  towards Christ, unless we allow it to.  You can toss out the decor, and turn out the lights, refuse to buy gifts, and send away the carolers, none of which  says anything about how much you love God, or wether you worship Him in spirit and in truth, nor does it make  you anymore "righteous" than the guy who lights up the neighborhood, or your worship more acceptable to Him.
Determine for yourself if you indeed worship in spirt and truth.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »

Back to the question, “Can God be worshiped in lies?” Is the RCC mass a biblical truth or is it a diabolical lie? Is not the term christmas a lie in and of itself? What is merry about the RCC mass which is used by Satan to blind mens eyes to the light of the true gospel? If the very nature of christmas is a lie can God be worshiped by it?

New Life Bible Chapel
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the