Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:52:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Long Hair. 1Cor.11:1-16
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Long Hair. 1Cor.11:1-16  (Read 6994 times)
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2004, 09:15:30 AM »

Anyway, I love, adore, cherish, and am smug ( Wink) about my long hair, and I like to see other women with long hair, although sightings are few and far between...

I think a woman with short SHORT hair is ugly. Seriously. She looks harsh and man-ish. As in, near-buzz cut hair...hair that's cut short to the scalp and spiked just like men do it...I think it's icky.  Smiley  It's her choice, of course...

I think God is more concerned about our soul than the false pride we put into our appearance.  I know quite a number of women at my church who have very short hair.  My guess is that it is because it's an easy cut to take care of (why should men have all the advantages) and they are extremely busy with their church and family life.  I don't think our hair is going to be put on the scale when we stand in front of God on judgment day.

Melody

"I don't think our hair is going to be put on the scale when we stand in front of God on judgment day."

No, it will be our intent and reasons for doing what we do, or if those cause someone to stumble, that will be on the scale.

ollie

« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 09:18:13 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Melody
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2004, 04:16:47 PM »

Anyway, I love, adore, cherish, and am smug ( Wink) about my long hair, and I like to see other women with long hair, although sightings are few and far between...

I think a woman with short SHORT hair is ugly. Seriously. She looks harsh and man-ish. As in, near-buzz cut hair...hair that's cut short to the scalp and spiked just like men do it...I think it's icky.  Smiley  It's her choice, of course...

I think God is more concerned about our soul than the false pride we put into our appearance.  I know quite a number of women at my church who have very short hair.  My guess is that it is because it's an easy cut to take care of (why should men have all the advantages) and they are extremely busy with their church and family life.  I don't think our hair is going to be put on the scale when we stand in front of God on judgment day.

Melody

"I don't think our hair is going to be put on the scale when we stand in front of God on judgment day."

No, it will be our intent and reasons for doing what we do, or if those cause someone to stumble, that will be on the scale.

ollie

I believe that's what I said.

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2004, 10:11:44 PM »

Melody

ollie

I believe that's what I said.

I know, I was affirming your statement.

ollie  Wink
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 10:12:46 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the