Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:34:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Long Hair. 1Cor.11:1-16
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Long Hair. 1Cor.11:1-16  (Read 6996 times)
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2004, 11:58:13 PM »

First, I was a short hair. Then I was a long hair. Now I am a short hair again. I am contemplating becoming a long hair once more......nah!

Bronzesnake

Bronze,
if you do, don't braid it.  Cheesy

God bless,
bluelake
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2004, 05:43:20 PM »

When the bible talks about looking at nature to see if it is shameful for man to have long hair. I think it speaks for itself, we can look at nature and its creatures and see the difference between a male and a female. Man has a look that is different than that of a woman. I don’t know about you but I have seen some very pretty men, they look like woman. This is why the hair of a woman was given to her for her glory. We as man see woman with long hair and it is beautiful. Why would a man want to wear their hair in a way that is suitable for a woman, and vise versa. Nature tells us that it is shameful for a man walking around looking like a woman. Because it is the hair of a woman that makes her look like a woman. It does not make her more Holier than another woman just because her hair is longer. I thank the nature thing goes much deeper especially in this day in age.  

Then why by nature does a man's hair grow if it is a shame by nature to be long?

Support your local Christian.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2004, 06:10:21 PM »

The only mention of a hair in scripture was that of Samson.  And we all know what happened to him.   Grin

I'm in the same boat as Brnz.  Was long, now short.  Cool

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2004, 06:44:21 PM »

The only mention of a hair in scripture was that of Samson.  And we all know what happened to him.   Grin

I'm in the same boat as Brnz.  Was long, now short.  Cool
As I am in the same boat. Though my hair is still long. I wear it in a ponytail, I do not braid my hair.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2004, 05:39:07 AM »

I HAVE REAL LONGHAIR AND ITS THICK AND CURLY, I ALSO HAVE A LONG BEARD (ITS TURNING WHITE NOW) Cry

I HAVE HAD LONGHAIR FOR 40 YEARS, I DONT TRUST SHORTHAIR PEOPLE Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2004, 05:42:29 AM »

I have almost no hair at all.  Is that acceptable?

When I did have long hair, while at work (a cashier at a food store) an older women called me from behind and said "Excuse me miss".  Not being a "Miss" (man would I make one ugly woman) I did not respond until I heard her get indignant.  Then I turned around and saw she was talking to me.  Of course having a goatee and masculine features, she then turned red and no longer seemed to need my help.

So as we can see, nature shows us its shameful.  So no long hair for me.  Of course at this point even if I wanted it, I would look like a silly old man with a balding head and long hair on the sides.   Roll Eyes  I can't stand people that refuse to admit the "days of hair" are gone for them.  I used to tease my dad all time for his comb over "flap".  So I made a statment that when I was losing my hair, I would just shave my head.  So now I shave my head.  been doing it since I was 23 and saw how thin my hair was up top.  I'll be 28 on turkey day and it stinks I'll never have hair.  Though it does save on the shampoo and drying time.   Wink
« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 06:01:57 AM by Saved_4ever » Logged

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2004, 05:46:46 AM »

I have almost no hair at all.  Is that acceptable?

When I did have long hair while at work (a cachier at a food store) an older women called me from behind and said "Excuse me miss".  Not being a "Miss" (man would I make one ugly woman) I did not respond until I heard he get indignant.  Then I turned around and saw she was talking to me.  Of course having a goatee and masculine features she then turned red and no longer seemed to need my help.

Though as we can see nature shows us its shameful.  So no long hair for me.  Of course at this point even if I wanted it I would look like a silly old man with a balding head and long hair on the sides.   Roll Eyes  I can't stand people that refuse to admit the "days of hair" are gone for them.  I used to tease my dad all time for his comb over "flap".  So I made a statment that when I was losing my hair I woulld just shave my head.  So now I shave my head.  been doing it since I was 23 and saw how thin my hair was up top.  I'll be 28 on turkey day and it stinks I'll never have hair.  Though it does save on the shampoo and drying time.   Wink

ROFLOL Smiley

<Smiley))><
CleansedSpirit

For He has cleansed me, and made me whole!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2004, 08:55:25 PM »

Well, I is no help whatsoever, not being wise, and easily confused...but, hey, I figure I want my two cent's worth in... Cool

I have really thick and really long hair. It's on the brink of being on my waist. I've gotten comments from 'Wow! You look like Pocahontas!' (Whatever rock star she was, I'll never know. Okay, I'm kidding.) to 'You need to cut your hair.' 'Are you ever going to get it cut?' etc.

Anyway, I love, adore, cherish, and am smug ( Wink) about my long hair, and I like to see other women with long hair, although sightings are few and far between...

I think a woman with short SHORT hair is ugly. Seriously. She looks harsh and man-ish. As in, near-buzz cut hair...hair that's cut short to the scalp and spiked just like men do it...I think it's icky.  Smiley  It's her choice, of course...

I also think (And pleeeaaassse don't shriek at me, Bronze and co.) that a man with long hair, past his shoulders, is soft and woman-ish, even if he's a biker dude. I think it's degrading to a man to look like a woman and when a woman looks like a man she's harsh and out of place.

Ahem...let me put all that jabbering into a short sentance....

Men should not wear their hair so they look like a woman, and women should not wear their hair so they look like a man.
While I'm on that, men should not dress so he'd be mistaken for a woman, and a woman should not dress so she'd be mistaken for a man.

Okay, I'm done.

(Ducks to avoid the numerous unidentified heavy throw'ed objects soaring through the air at her by irate fellow users... Wink)

Love ya guys,

~Me

Psalm 51:1 "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according to the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions."

Wot,Wot, it's me, Hon Rosie, with a differant name.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2004, 04:30:57 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to CleansedSpirit,

I've known many sweet Christian ladies with long hair, and I think it's beautiful. I liked your two cents worth, but it was more like a dime.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 8:12  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Patzt

I'm a blood bought child of God!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2004, 05:46:39 PM »

Ahem...let me put all that jabbering into a short sentance....

Men should not wear their hair so they look like a woman, and women should not wear their hair so they look like a man.
While I'm on that, men should not dress so he'd be mistaken for a woman, and a woman should not dress so she'd be mistaken for a man.

Very good!  I would agree with that.

CleansedSpirit

For He has cleansed me, and made me whole!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2004, 10:42:49 PM »

Eh, BEP, let's make it a quarter. I'm worth it.  Tongue

You're right, Silver.  Now that I actually STOP to THINK about it, ( Lips Sealed), I know quite a few old women who have short white hair. But the way they wear it is distinctly differant than the men, so I suppose that's Okay, since you can obviously tell that they are women. (Now, I have a big feeling that I'M going to be an old, chubby lady with down-to-her-ankles white hair.  Smiley But then I'm just cantankerous enough that I delight in going against the crowd, especially when it comes to fashion. You won't catch ME in hip-hugger jeans with a short T-shirt....'course, that could be the extra fat layerS talking...)

Well, when you look at Jamie Lee Curtis, she has super short hair, spiked, and most of the time, she looks good. It's just....SHORT. I used to have short hair, like, about to my temples, and I looked like an acorn.  Tongue

I guess I need to qoute that old saying 'To him each his own'...(Unless somebody else already qouted it, and if they did, ignore that one and pay attention to mine!!!  Roll Eyes )

Love ya all,

*Me

Psalm 51:1 "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according to the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions."

Wot,Wot, it's me, Hon Rosie, with a differant name.
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2004, 04:02:38 AM »

I LOVE THE SONG "HAIR" Grin

<Smiley))><
Melody
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2004, 07:59:26 PM »

Men should have short hair.  The pictures of Jesus are incorrect in my mind when they show him with shoulder length hair.  The Roman Leaders of Jesus day had hair over there ears and people following what they did as the people thought they were gods.  So I am all for short hair.

I wouldn't think that the Hebrews would have followed Roman custom.

AV1611

Brethren

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2004, 12:24:41 PM »

I think that it is a cultural issue, but I would like to know your opinion.

Question: What are the arguments Paul makes in favour of women covering their head and having long hair?

Man of Sorrows! what a name
For the Son of God, Who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Melody
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2004, 12:49:08 PM »

Anyway, I love, adore, cherish, and am smug ( Wink) about my long hair, and I like to see other women with long hair, although sightings are few and far between...

I think a woman with short SHORT hair is ugly. Seriously. She looks harsh and man-ish. As in, near-buzz cut hair...hair that's cut short to the scalp and spiked just like men do it...I think it's icky.  Smiley  It's her choice, of course...

I think God is more concerned about our soul than the false pride we put into our appearance.  I know quite a number of women at my church who have very short hair.  My guess is that it is because it's an easy cut to take care of (why should men have all the advantages) and they are extremely busy with their church and family life.  I don't think our hair is going to be put on the scale when we stand in front of God on judgment day.

Melody
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the