Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:12:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Am I Going to Heaven ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven.
 Obeying God's law and commandments - 28 (52.8%)
Doing your best - 7 (13.2%)
Living a good life - 2 (3.8%)
Good works - 3 (5.7%)
Tithing, or giving money to the church - 1 (1.9%)
Church membership or attendance - 1 (1.9%)
Water baptism - 7 (13.2%)
Holy communion - 4 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I Going to Heaven ?  (Read 117696 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2003, 03:41:43 PM »

The Bible is very clear concerning what you must now do in order to make His perfect, complete salvation your own. Salvation is a wonderful truth. But is will be of no value to you unless you believe it. It is through FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ and His complete work that the cleansing power of the blood is applied. It was His sacrificial death on the cross which provides salvation for any lost sinner who will simply TRUST IN HIM as the ONLY Saviour for sin and the ONLY way to heaven. When we believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died, was buried and was raised again bodily from the tomb, and trust that all this was done to accomplish a perfect salvation for sinful man, then we receive full forgiveness of sins and the gift of everlasting life!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2003, 04:11:08 AM »

“The demons also BELIEVE, and tremble,” James2:19) but nowhere in the Bible are we told they believe on Jesus Christ as their Saviour. They DID believe on Him as their coming tormentor and destroyer. See Matt. 8:29; Heb 2:14; 1 John 3:8. And they also believed “there is one God.” But multiplied millions have so believed and died eternally lost! Believing “there is one God” will not save, but believing on Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour will! John 5:24; Acts 16:31.

Grin

Thanks Brother, thats a keeper

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2003, 04:14:00 AM »

The Bible is very clear concerning what you must now do in order to make His perfect, complete salvation your own. Salvation is a wonderful truth. But is will be of no value to you unless you believe it. It is through FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ and His complete work that the cleansing power of the blood is applied. It was His sacrificial death on the cross which provides salvation for any lost sinner who will simply TRUST IN HIM as the ONLY Saviour for sin and the ONLY way to heaven. When we believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died, was buried and was raised again bodily from the tomb, and trust that all this was done to accomplish a perfect salvation for sinful man, then we receive full forgiveness of sins and the gift of everlasting life!

It was His sacrificial death on the cross which provides salvation for any lost sinner who will simply TRUST IN HIM as the ONLY Saviour for sin and the ONLY way to heaven. When we believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died, was buried and was raised again bodily from the tomb, and trust that all this was done to accomplish a perfect salvation for sinful man, then we receive full forgiveness of sins and the gift of everlasting life!

Amen & Amen

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2003, 12:44:41 PM »

It was His sacrificial death on the cross which provides salvation for any lost sinner who will simply TRUST IN HIM as the ONLY Saviour for sin and the ONLY way to heaven. When we believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died, was buried and was raised again bodily from the tomb, and trust that all this was done to accomplish a perfect salvation for sinful man, then we receive full forgiveness of sins and the gift of everlasting life!

Amen & Amen

Brother Love Smiley

Thaks Bro Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2003, 02:47:56 PM »

The Apostle Paul told the overseers of Ephesus in Acts 20:28-30, that savage wolves would come in among them not sparing the flock.  He said they would speak perverse things, to draw away  disciples  after  them-selves.  Paul warned Timothy in this letter about those who would teach any other doctrine, or fables (1:3). He also told him there would  be those who would give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy (4:1, 2).

Who are the "such" Paul tells Timothy to withdraw from in 6:3-5?  No doubt, they are some of the same ones Paul has had in mind all along.  In 6:1, 2, they aren't teaching the saints submission and humility, but to rise and rebel; to assert their rights.  These teachers aren't acknowledging that God committed to Paul: "whole-some words"; "the words of our Lord Jesus Christ"; and "the doctrine which is according to godliness " (verse 3).  They are ignorant and proud at the same time, and are obsessed with arguing and debating over words (verse 4).  These are "destitute of the truth", and teach that Godliness is a means of gaining this world's goods (verse 5).  "From such withdraw thyself!"

Timothy was supposed to save (deliver) himself and his hearers   (4:16). He was supposed to establish the saints in "the faith" (the body of truth for the Body of Christ.)  To do this, it was, and still is necessary to "withdraw" from those who cause the saints to "depart from the faith" (4:1); who cause God's Name and doctrine to be blasphemed (6:1); and those who bring about envy, strife, evil suspicions, constant friction, and confusion (6:4, 5) among the Body of Christ.  From such withdraw thy- self, because we're talking about eternal truths and eternal souls!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2003, 09:33:03 PM »

If you were to die right now and God were to ask you, "Why should I let you into my heaven?" Could you now say with confidence based on the authority of the Word of God, Because Christ died "FOR" my sins!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2003, 09:40:43 PM »

Salvation is an extraordinary gift and hit home with me in a very personal way when I realized that Christ died for me a sinner! Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, God in his ultimate mercy sent His only begotten son to die on the criminals cross. Christ died my death and your death on the cross; the innocent dying for the guilty. Christ died for sinners 1Co 15:3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, The righteous dying for the unrighteous. The amazing thing is God did this while we were still at enmity with Him. Eph 2:4-5 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2003, 04:37:29 PM »

Men have given many gifts to each other down through
the ages, but in James 1:17 we read that "every good gift
and every perfect gift is from above," and comes to us from
God. The greatest of these gifts is our Lord and Savior
Jesus Christ and the redemption He has purchased for us.
In speaking to the sinner-woman at Sychar’s well, our Lord
drew a picture, contrasting the barrenness of her own life
with the refreshing joy of salvation, saying:

"If thou knewest THE GIFT OF GOD, and who it is that saith to thee, Give Me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of Him, and He would have given thee living water... Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again, but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst..." (John 4:10-14).

By nature we are all sinners, but by the grace of God we
all may be saved.

"For the wages of sin is death, but THE GIFT OF GOD is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6:23).

"For by grace are ye saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is THE GIFT OF GOD: not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2:8,9).

Thus St. Paul speaks of "the gift of the grace of God" (Eph.
3:7) and constantly emphasizes the fact that salvation is a
free gift.

But a gift is not possessed until it is accepted. Thus the
Apostle, in Rom. 5:17, refers to those who "RECEIVE abun-
dance of grace and of the gift of righteousness."

Those who receive Christ and the salvation He has
wrought for them, find it natural to exclaim with Paul-
"THANKS BE UNTO GOD FOR HIS UNSPEAKABLE
GIFT!" (II Cor. 9:15).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2003, 09:59:44 PM »

Many people have truly come to know Christ as Savior
after having been sincere, religious "church members" for
years. Though faithful supporters of some earthly church
organization they had never experienced the truth of II Cor.
5:17: "If any man be in Christ he is a new creation." It is
possible to be a member in good standing of some church
organization, yet be outside of the one true Church of which
the Bible speaks.

This is because the true Bible Church is not an organiza-
tion but a living organism, a spiritual body, with a living
Head and living members. Again and again St. Paul, by
divine inspiration, calls the Church, the Body of Christ. He
says: "We being many, are one Body in Christ..." (Rom.
12:5). "Ye are the Body of Christ, and members in partic-
ular" (I Cor. 12:27). "We are members of His Body" (Eph.
5:30).

How do we become members of this true Bible Church,
the Body of Christ? First, we must acknowledge ourselves
to be sinners in God's sight, for Ephesians 2 relates how
Christ died for sinful men that He might "reconcile" them
to God "in one Body" by the cross (Ver. 16). Thus, when
believing sinners are reconciled to God by faith in Christ,
they are regenerated, given a new life, by the Spirit, and by
the Spirit are baptized into the Church, the Body of Christ.

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit" (Titus 3:5).

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body" (I Cor. 12:13).

Every one of us should ask himself: "Have I been bap-
tized by the Spirit into the Body of Christ?" If not, trust
Christ as your Savior and become a member of the one true
Bible Church. Then associate yourself with some local as-
sembly where Christ is honored and the Bible taught,
"rightly divided."

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2003, 06:14:56 AM »

Salvation is an extraordinary gift and hit home with me in a very personal way when I realized that Christ died for me a sinner! Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, God in his ultimate mercy sent His only begotten son to die on the criminals cross. Christ died my death and your death on the cross; the innocent dying for the guilty. Christ died for sinners 1Co 15:3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, The righteous dying for the unrighteous. The amazing thing is God did this while we were still at enmity with Him. Eph 2:4-5 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

Thank You Jesus

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2003, 07:50:21 AM »

Men have given many gifts to each other down through
the ages, but in James 1:17 we read that "every good gift
and every perfect gift is from above," and comes to us from
God. The greatest of these gifts is our Lord and Savior
Jesus Christ and the redemption He has purchased for us.
In speaking to the sinner-woman at Sychar’s well, our Lord
drew a picture, contrasting the barrenness of her own life
with the refreshing joy of salvation, saying:

"If thou knewest THE GIFT OF GOD, and who it is that saith to thee, Give Me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of Him, and He would have given thee living water... Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again, but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst..." (John 4:10-14).

By nature we are all sinners, but by the grace of God we
all may be saved.

"For the wages of sin is death, but THE GIFT OF GOD is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6:23).

"For by grace are ye saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is THE GIFT OF GOD: not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2:8,9).

Thus St. Paul speaks of "the gift of the grace of God" (Eph.
3:7) and constantly emphasizes the fact that salvation is a
free gift.

But a gift is not possessed until it is accepted. Thus the
Apostle, in Rom. 5:17, refers to those who "RECEIVE abun-
dance of grace and of the gift of righteousness."

Those who receive Christ and the salvation He has
wrought for them, find it natural to exclaim with Paul-
"THANKS BE UNTO GOD FOR HIS UNSPEAKABLE
GIFT!" (II Cor. 9:15).

Another Good Study, Thanks A4C

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
hal weeks

I am a 90 year old charismatic Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2003, 01:25:19 PM »

I realize the nine spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit are the subject of much debate. (I Cor. 12-14)
But to me they are the objective evidence of the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit.
The manifestations of these gifts in my experience is all the proof I need.

God loves you, Hal.  My minstry is my website about my miracle healing of cancer through prayer without medical intervention.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2003, 03:48:26 PM »

I realize the nine spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit are the subject of much debate. (I Cor. 12-14)
But to me they are the objective evidence of the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit.

OK, thats good  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2003, 04:46:01 AM »

OK, thats good  Grin

good for what bro?

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2003, 01:59:30 PM »

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance; against such there is no law" (Gal. 5:22,23).

The "fruit of the Spirit" is that combination of graces
evidenced in the lives of believers who "walk in the Spirit."

Let us never make the mistake of supposing that "the
Spirit," in Gal. 5:22,23, refers to "the spirit of man which is
in him" (I Cor. 2:11). It refers rather to the Holy Spirit, the
Spirit of God, who indwells believers. The spiritual virtues
listed above do not spring from any goodness in us, but from
the Spirit of God dwelling within.

Next, we should observe that these graces are not the
product of human effort. The passage above declares that
they are fruit, and fruit is the natural product of life and
growth. Indeed, "the fruit of the Spirit" is here contrasted
with "the works of the flesh" (Vers. 19-21), and these are all
bad!

Finally, it is a remarkable fact that the graces which the
Holy Spirit produces in yielded believers are certainly not
those which the world admires.

The world admires self-confidence, self-respect, self-made
men, intellectual prowess, personal magnetism, authority,
etc., while the Spirit produces "love, joy, peace, longsuffer-
ing, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance."
But consider the difference. A man may have self-
confidence, intellectual acumen, political or other power—
and he may still be very difficult to live with, but not so
with the virtues which the Spirit produces. Of those who
possess these graces the Apostle says: "Against such there
is no law."

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the