Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:33:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  FAQ For Non-Christians
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAQ For Non-Christians  (Read 64186 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 05:18:26 PM »

A big AAAAMEN Brother!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2004, 03:02:17 AM »

The Bible: Your Only Dependable Source for Truth

The Berean citizens, of the Book of Acts, are famous for their dedication to biblical truth. When the Apostle Paul was instructing them in the faith, every day they would check the Old Testament to verify the claims Paul was making about Jesus being the promised Messiah.

Acts 17:10-11 "And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

Without the Bible there is no understanding of eternal truth. The truth that man has forever been trying to devise is subject to constant revision. In the final summation, it will have to be said: All truth begins with God and all truth ends with God.

I've searched the internet and book libraries for commentary on truth, and have found very little instruction on how to find it. I had zero trouble locating material that talked about the need for truth. The Bible goes on endlessly about the subject of truth. It boldly and emphatically says, look no further:

Psalm 119:142 "Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth."

Psalm 119:160 "The sum of thy word is truth."

John 17:17 "Sanctify them in the truth: thy word is truth."

2 Sam. 7:28 "And now, O Lord Jehovah, thou art God, and thy words are truth."

2 Tim. 3:15 "And that from a babe thou hast known the sacred writings which are able to make thee wise unto salvation."

2 Tim. 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

John 8:32 "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

2 Tim. 3:16­1 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

Today is a great day to accept God.
DW

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2004, 11:27:01 PM »

DreamWeaver,

AMEN BROTHER!

Illuminati

Stairway

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2004, 03:35:04 AM »

Hmmm, why not a faq for Christians.  Are you not interested why people openly reject Jesus and God?

Imagine...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2004, 10:20:26 AM »

Hmmm, why not a faq for Christians.  Are you not interested why people openly reject Jesus and God?

No, we've all been there and done that at one time in our lives. This is a Christian forum, so we really aren't interested in giving the devil a pulpit or equal time.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2004, 01:33:11 AM »

Is the Bible true

Is the Bible true? Certainly the Bible is a remarkable book unquestionably the world's all-time bestseller with countless millions of copies in print. Actually, the Bible is a compilation of 66 books written by over 40 separate authors from a variety of backgrounds (from lowly peasants to noble kings) over a period of at least 1,600 years. These 66 books are divided in two principle parts, the "Old Testament" (39 books) and the "New Testament" (27 books). The Bible was completed in its entirety nearly 2,000 years ago and stands today as the best-preserved literary work of all antiquity with over 24,000 ancient New Testament manuscripts discovered thus far. Compare this with the second best preserved literary work of antiquity, Homer's Iliad, with only 643 preserved manuscripts discovered to date.

If the Bible is indeed what it claims to be, the implications for us are considerable. The Bible candidly claims to be "given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16). Of course, the Bible is not the only book to claim divine inspiration, but it is unique in that it offers substantial evidence to back its claims. It even goes so far as to challenge its readers to put it to the test, exhorting us to "Test all things" (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

Unquestionably, the single greatest evidence lending to the veracity of the Bible's claims of divine inspiration is the fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Consider this: if man were able to clearly and consistently foresee the future, would the billion dollar Las Vegas gambling industry exist? I'm willing to bet it wouldn't. As man by himself is unable to foresee future events, prophecy is a reasonable indicator of supernatural inspiration. The Bible purports to contain more than a thousand inspired prophecies. The vast majority of these prophecies have already come to pass and can be verified by secular history. Consider, for example, Ezekiel's prophecies concerning God's judgment against the ancient Phoenician capital of Tyre Ezekiel, 26. The prophecy states that Tyre would first be razed by Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar. Later, it would be utterly destroyed by a coalition of nations, flattened like the top of a rock, its ruins (and even its dust) scraped and thrown into the sea, becoming a place for fishermen to spread their nets. The surrounding nations would witness Tyre's fate and surrender without a fight. It's a rather odd prophecy. Amazingly, the conditions of Ezekiel's prophecy were fulfilled, even to the tiniest detail. Nebuchadnezzar sacked Tyre. Later, Alexander the Great led a coalition of nations against Tyre, demolished it, scraped it to bedrock and threw its ruins into the sea. The ancient site became (and remains to this day) a place for local fishermen to spread their nets to dry.

Prophecy is not just a phenomenon of the ancient past. Bible prophecy is being fulfilled today before our eyes. Consider the nation of Israel. The Jews were "the least of all peoples" Deuteronomy 7:7, without a homeland and without freedom, serving as slaves in Egypt. At the time, Egypt was the dominant world power. However, because of a promise God made to a man named Abraham, his son Isaac, and his grandson Jacob centuries earlier, God rescued the Israelites from their bondage "with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great terribleness, and with signs, and with wonders" Deuteronomy 26:8. God gave the Israelites a homeland of their own, made a covenant with them, and entrusted them with the Bible. Israel was a nation set apart for God, God's testimony to a world that turned its back on the One who created them. Sadly, Israel's history, like that of the world's, was one of constant rebellion against God. Over and over, the Jewish people would rebel, suffer God's wrath, humble themselves, regret their rebellion and turn back to God, and receive God's blessing again  then start the process all over again. Finally, God sent nations upon them (like He did with ancient Tyre) and drove the Jews from their homeland. In 70 AD, Roman legions decimated Israel, dispersed the Jews throughout the world, and banned them from ever reentering their homeland. The Jews were without a homeland for 1,900 years! Nevertheless, God promised the Jews that though He would remove them from the land, they would remain an identifiable people and would return to their land again. (see, Leviticus 26:13-16; Nehemiah 1:8-9; Deuteronomy 30:1-5). It is a miracle in itself that the Jews have survived and remained an identifiable people without a homeland for 1,900 years. All other nations who have ever lost their homeland became assimilated into the surrounding nations and lost their identity within a few hundred years. Yet the Jews have remained and miraculously returned to Israel as their official homeland in 1948.

Consider, for example, the biblical account of Israel's exodus from Egypt. Pharaoh, Egypt's monarch, chased the Israelites with an army of chariots, cornering Israel at the Gulf of Aqaba (the Red Sea). God miraculously parted the Red Sea allowing Israel to pass through over a land bridge. The Egyptians followed in close pursuit, but after the last Israelite made it across, God released the parted water and drowned the Egyptian army. Archaeologists have discovered a number of evidences vindicating the Bible's exodus account, including chariot wheels embedded in coral along the land bridge at the bottom of the Red Sea. (See below)

Consider the integrity of the Bible's authors, men who claimed to be inspired by God. Take for example Luke, who authored approximately one-quarter of the entire New Testament. Luke is regarded as an authoritative historian, one of the greatest of antiquity. Dr. John McRay, Professor of New Testament and Archaeology at Wheaton University in Illinois, explains, "The general consensus of both liberal and conservative scholars is that Luke is very accurate as a historian. He's erudite, he's eloquent, his Greek approaches classical quality, he writes as an educated man, and archaeological discoveries are showing over and over again that Luke is accurate in what he has to say." (John McRay, quoted by Lee Strobel, The Case For Christ, Zondervan, 1998, pg 129.)

Consider the martyrdom of many of these authors. According to sources and traditions outside the Bible. Many of the Bible's writers died brutal and horrible deaths in defense of their written testimony. In fact, all but one of the New Testament's authors were executed for proclaiming and defending their testimonies, (John was spared, but forced into exile by Roman Emperor Titus). Of course, martyrdom in itself is not unique, many people throughout history have died willingly for their beliefs. What makes the New Testament authors' martyrdom special is that these men were in a position to know the truth of their written accounts.

Think about it, no one knowingly dies for a lie! For example, the September 11th suicide hijackers may have sincerely believed in what they died for, but they weren't in a position to know whether their beliefs were absolutely true. The hijackers put their faith in religious traditions passed down over many generations. In contrast, the Bible's martyrs were in a position to know the truth. They were eyewitnesses to the historical events they recorded. Either they saw what they claimed to see or they didn't, plain and simple. Nevertheless, these men clung to their testimonies, even to their brutal deaths at the hands of their persecutors, and despite being given every chance to recant their stories. Why would so many men knowingly die for a lie? They had nothing to gain for lying, and everything to lose.

God in terms of moral attributes? What does God have to say about Himself in this regard? He says that He delights in justice and righteousness: "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight." "For I, the LORD, love justice; I hate robbery and iniquity"

Justice and equity are very important to God. But so are grace and mercy. And so, while God will hold everyone accountable, each for their own lives, He extends His grace to the repentant sinner. He promises that, "'If the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live. Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,' declares the Lord GOD, 'rather than that he should turn from his ways and live? I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies,' declares the Lord GOD. 'Therefore, repent and live."

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2004, 01:34:33 AM »

By "death" God is not referring to the physical death which we might have in mind. Rather, God is referring to something which will happen in eternity, after our physical deaths. The Scriptures refer to this event as the "second death." The first death separates us from our bodies and takes us from this world. The second death is different. It also entails a separation, but it's the separation of one group of people from another: the righteous and the forgiven on one hand and the wicked and the unrepentant on the other. The two groups will be judged separately.

God has made a provision for those who want to repent, a provision to atone for the sins of those who want to be made right with Him. He sent a "Messiah," a Servant who willingly suffered and died a vicarious death in order to pay for the sins of those who would repent and trust in Him. The Scriptures say, "Who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? Surely He took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows. He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities, the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. it was the LORD's will to crush Him and cause Him to suffer, and though the LORD makes His life a guilt offering, He will see His offspring and prolong His days, and the will of the LORD will prosper in His hand. After the suffering of His soul, He will see the light of life and be satisfied, by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities.…he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors. For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."

Notes from many different sites on the Bible.
Scripture notes;
Jeremiah 31:9
Malachi 1:6
Isaiah 64:8
Malachi 2:10  Psalm 89:26; Jeremiah 31:9; Isaiah 9:6; 63:16
Jeremiah 9:23-24
Isaiah 61:8
Ezekiel 18:21-23, 32
Revelation 2:11; 20:6, 14; 21:8
Ezekiel 18:26-28, 32
Isaiah 53:1, 4-6, 10-12, Isaiah 52:13-53:12; Psalm 22; Daniel 9:24-27

Wouldn't today be a good day, to accept Christ as your personal Savior.
Bob

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2004, 02:50:50 AM »

Dreamweaver,

AMEN BROTHER!

I really enjoyed your post, especially the points about how the Bible proves itself so many times and so many ways. It is the greatest non-fiction masterpiece ever written. The events that were foretold did happen, exactly as the Bible said they would, time and time again. Not only did the Bible prove itself, but history from other sources also verify the Bible. There isn't a single failure of anything foretold in the Holy Bible.

Mankind, especially those of today want proof and evidence. Well, the Holy Bible has it. Understanding the magnitude of that proof would lead a logical person to believe that the things of the Bible that have not come to pass yet will most certainly be fulfilled precisely at God's appointed time.

The Bible did foretell the first coming of Jesus Christ, and that most precious event came to pass about 2,000 years ago. The Bible verified its own truth, but a host of other writings also confirm the same event. Christians look forward to the second coming of Jesus Christ. That will be a time of great joy for Christians, but a time of great fear and destruction for the world.

Today would be a good day to find out more about Jesus and accept Him into your heart as your Lord and Saviour forever. Tomorrow really might be too late.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Acts 26:18  To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2004, 09:23:35 AM »

I've been reading these posts, and all I can say is AMEN!!!![/b]  Great posts guys,full of truth.   Smiley

But I got a thought that just won't leave my mind.  That being that the Gospel message is the most simple, most uncomplicated, most clear message ever given.  Tom has given great detail to this.  Tim and Bob have jumped in to answer questions as well, and have done so superbly.  But let's not miss the simple truth...

We are ALL Sinners.
God judges ALL Sinners with death.
God showed us His love by sending Jesus to die for our sins.
Jesus was dead, buried, and risen again on the third day, and now lives that we can live too.
We are SAVED, REDEEMED, or FORGIVEN our sins when we BELIEVE in our hearts these truths, ASK forgiveness, and ACCEPT God's free gift.

Simple.  Not complicated.  By all means friends, ask questions if you need to help you understand.  But don't get so caught up in the peripherals that you miss the main, simple truth.

Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2004, 10:11:42 AM »

When I posted that post, I intended to leave scripture references out, namely because the scriptures have already been given fully to explain in previous posts.  I wanted to keep it simple.  But, as I am wont to do...I gotta post some Bible!   Cheesy  Here's a passage that I've been thinking about lately:

Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, "Rise and go toward the south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza." This is a desert place.  And he rose and went. And there was an Ethiopian, a eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure. He had come to Jerusalem to worship and was returning, seated in his chariot, and he was reading the prophet Isaiah.  And the Spirit said to Philip, "Go over and join this chariot."  So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, "Do you understand what you are reading?"  And he said, "How can I, unless someone guides me?" And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. Now the passage of the Scripture that he was reading was this:

"Like a sheep he was led to the slaughter
   and like a lamb before its shearer is silent,
      so he opens not his mouth.
In his humiliation justice was denied him.
   Who can describe his generation?
      For his life is taken away from the earth."

And the eunuch said to Philip, "About whom, I ask you, does the prophet say this, about himself or about someone else?"   Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus.

Acts 8:26-35

I love this passage.  For one, we see a man come to know Jesus as his Savior.  But I love the passage this man was reading that brought him there...

Who has believed what they heard from us?
   And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
For he grew up before him like a young plant,
   and like a root out of dry ground;
he had no form or majesty that we should look at him,
   and no beauty that we should desire him.
He was despised and rejected by men;
   a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief;
and as one from whom men hide their faces
   he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he has borne our griefs
   and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
   smitten by God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions;
   he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
   and with his stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
   we have turned every one to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
   the iniquity of us all.

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
   yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
   and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
   so he opened not his mouth.
By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
   and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
   stricken for the transgression of my people?
And they made his grave with the wicked
   and with a rich man in his death,
although he had done no violence,
   and there was no deceit in his mouth.

Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him;
   he has put him to grief;
when his soul makes an offering for sin,
   he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied;
by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant,
   make many to be accounted righteous,
   and he shall bear their iniquities.
Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many,
   and he shall divide the spoil with the strong,
because he poured out his soul to death
   and was numbered with the transgressors;
yet he bore the sin of many,
   and makes intercession for the transgressors.

Isaiah 53

This is what the man was reading.  This is what Phillip used to show this man Jesus.  This is Jesus.  He had no beauty, or majesty, and He was despised and rejected of men...

The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.  He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him.  He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.  But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:9-14

This is Jesus.  He was wounded for our sin, crushed, and bruised, made an offering for our sin, perfect and holy, sinless...

Then Pilate took Jesus and flogged him.  And the soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head and arrayed him in a purple robe.  They came up to him, saying, "Hail, King of the Jews!" and struck him with their hands.  Pilate went out again and said to them, "See, I am bringing him out to you that you may know that I find no guilt in him."  So Jesus came out, wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. Pilate said to them, "Behold the man!"  When the chief priests and the officers saw him, they cried out, "Crucify him, crucify him!" Pilate said to them, "Take him yourselves and crucify him, for I find no guilt in him."  The Jews answered him, "We have a law, and according to that law he ought to die because he has made himself the Son of God."  When Pilate heard this statement, he was even more afraid. He entered his headquarters again and said to Jesus, "Where are you from?" But Jesus gave him no answer. So Pilate said to him, "You will not speak to me? Do you not know that I have authority to release you and authority to crucify you?"  Jesus answered him, "You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin."

From then on Pilate sought to release him, but the Jews cried out, "If you release this man, you are not Caesar's friend. Everyone who makes himself a king opposes Caesar." So when Pilate heard these words, he brought Jesus out and sat down on the judgment seat at a place called The Stone Pavement, and in Aramaic Gabbatha.  Now it was the day of Preparation of the Passover. It was about the sixth hour.  He said to the Jews, "Behold your King!" They cried out, "Away with him, away with him, crucify him!" Pilate said to them, "Shall I crucify your King?" The chief priests answered, "We have no king but Caesar."  So he delivered him over to them to be crucified.

So they took Jesus, and he went out, bearing his own cross, to the place called the place of a skull, which in Aramaic is called Golgotha.  There they crucified him, and with him two others, one on either side, and Jesus between them.  Pilate also wrote an inscription and put it on the cross. It read, "Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews." Many of the Jews read this inscription, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and it was written in Aramaic, in Latin, and in Greek.  So the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, "Do not write, 'The King of the Jews,' but rather, 'This man said, I am King of the Jews.'"  Pilate answered, "What I have written I have written."

When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they took his garments and divided them into four parts, one part for each soldier; also his tunic. But the tunic was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom, so they said to one another, "Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it to see whose it shall be." This was to fulfill the Scripture which says,

"They divided my garments among them,
   and for my clothing they cast lots."

So the soldiers did these things, but standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.  When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son!"  Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home.

After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the Scripture), "I thirst."  A jar full of sour wine stood there, so they put a sponge full of the sour wine on a hyssop branch and held it to his mouth.  When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, "It is finished," and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Since it was the day of Preparation, and so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken and that they might be taken away. So the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first, and of the other who had been crucified with him. But when they came to Jesus and saw that he was already dead, they did not break his legs.  But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water. He who saw it has borne witness--his testimony is true, and he knows that he is telling the truth--that you also may believe.  For these things took place that the Scripture might be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken."  And again another Scripture says, "They will look on him whom they have pierced."

John 19:1-37

CONTINUED...

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2004, 10:24:02 AM »

This is Jesus.  This is what He did for us.  This offering, for our sin, does heal us...

When he said above, "You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings" (these are offered according to the law), then he added, "Behold, I have come to do your will." He abolishes the first in order to establish the second.  And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.  But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

Hebrews 10:8-14

This is Jesus.  This sacrifice was God's will, and Jesus' desire as well...

Then he said to them, "My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here, and watch with me."  And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will."

Matthew 26:38-39

This is Jesus.  This is truth.  WE are ALL sinners.  WE ALL deserve death.  Jesus gave His life in our place.  God raised Him for us to have life in Him.

Probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to everyone who reads this.  Why would Jesus do this?  Why would God require it?  Because HE is God.  Because He is Jesus.  I am His.  Are you?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 10:25:53 AM by Allinall » Logged

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2004, 01:33:09 PM »

Fabulous post Allinall!   The simple truth of the gospel is what moves mens hearts.   Frequently Asked Questions about christianity is important to talk about with unbelievers, but the simple truth that Christ died for our sins, that we might be forgiven and have life in Him is the bottom line.   I think many questions cannot be fully understood until we are born again and see things through His eyes.  The Gospel truly is what moves our hearts towards accepting the gift of Grace that God has given us.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have ever lasting life.

It doesn't get more simple than this.   Accept Him into your heart today.   This is true Hope!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2004, 08:08:20 AM »

Fabulous post Allinall!   The simple truth of the gospel is what moves mens hearts.   Frequently Asked Questions about christianity is important to talk about with unbelievers, but the simple truth that Christ died for our sins, that we might be forgiven and have life in Him is the bottom line.   I think many questions cannot be fully understood until we are born again and see things through His eyes.  The Gospel truly is what moves our hearts towards accepting the gift of Grace that God has given us.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have ever lasting life.

It doesn't get more simple than this.   Accept Him into your heart today.   This is true Hope!

Grace and Peace!

Smiley  Amen!

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2004, 03:27:08 PM »

Very good stuff...alll of you. I apologize for not posting in quite some time, It has been very hectic around the house with my brother coming in from AL. and Christmas and the holiday season. I have just scanned through the posts..and they were very well written. I will take them when i have a chance, and print them to read, so i can formulate a response. I'll have to take some time and do another study to post on here. In the meanwhile if since we're talking about sacrifice, i'll be more than glad to re-post my sermon on sacrifice, if it's no problem. Just let me know by IM or in a future post. I look forward to participating in this thread. God Bless

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2004, 03:52:42 PM »

Very good stuff...alll of you. I apologize for not posting in quite some time, It has been very hectic around the house with my brother coming in from AL. and Christmas and the holiday season. In the meanwhile if since we're talking about sacrifice, i'll be more than glad to re-post my sermon on sacrifice, if it's no problem. Just let me know by IM or in a future post. I look forward to participating in this thread. God Bless

Joshua
Pastor, go ahead and post it.

Resting in the cradle of the Lord.
Bob

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the