Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:31:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  FAQ For Non-Christians
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAQ For Non-Christians  (Read 64327 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2008, 02:44:51 PM »

Question: "Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?"

Answer: Why do bad things happen to good people? That is one of the difficult questions in all of theology. God is eternal, infinite, omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, etc. Why should we human beings (not eternal, infinite, omniscient, omnipresent, or omnipotent) expect to be able to fully understand God’s ways? The book of Job deals with this issue. God had allowed Satan to do everything he wanted to Job except kill him. What was Job’s reaction? “Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him” (Job 13:15). “The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised” (Job 1:21). Job didn’t understand why God had allowed the things He did, but he knew that God was good and therefore continued to trust in Him. Ultimately, that should be our reaction as well. God is good, just, loving, and merciful. Often things happen to us that we simply cannot understand. However, instead of doubting God's goodness, our reaction should be to trust Him. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Perhaps a better question is, "Why do good things happen to bad people?" God is holy (Isaiah 6:3; Revelation 4:Cool. Human beings are sinful (Romans 3:23; 6:23). Do you want to know how God views humanity? “As it is written: There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one. Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit. The poison of vipers is on their lips. Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness. Their feet are swift to shed blood; ruin and misery mark their ways, and the way of peace they do not know. There is no fear of God before their eyes” (Romans 3:10-18). Every human being on this planet deserves to be thrown into hell at this very moment. Every second we spend alive is only by the grace of God. Even the most terrible misery we could experience on this planet is merciful compared to what we deserve, eternal hell in the lake of fire.

“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:Cool. Despite the evil, wicked, sinful nature of the people of this world, God still loved us. He loved us enough to die to take the penalty for our sins (Romans 6:23). All we have to do is believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16; Romans 10:9) in order to be forgiven and promised a home in heaven (Romans 8:1). What we deserve = hell. What we are given = eternal life in heaven if we would just believe. It has been said, this world is the only hell believers will ever experience, and this world is the only heaven unbelievers will ever experience. The next time we ask the question, “Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?”, maybe we should be asking, “Why does God allow good things to happen to bad people?”

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2008, 02:45:59 PM »

Question: "Why did God allow Satan and the demons to sin?"

Answer: With both the angels and humanity, God chose to present a choice. While the Bible does not give many details regarding the rebellion of Satan and the fallen angels, it seems that Satan, probably the greatest of all the angels (Ezekiel 28:12-18), in pride chose to rebel against God in order to seek to become his own god. Satan (Lucifer) did not want to worship or obey God; he wanted to be God (Isaiah 14:12-14). Revelation 12:4 is understood to be a figurative description of one third of the angels choosing to follow Satan in his rebellion, becoming the fallen angels / demons.

Unlike humanity, however, the choice the angels had, to follow Satan or remain faithful to God, was an eternal choice. The Bible presents no opportunity for the fallen angels to repent and be forgiven. Nor does the Bible indicate that it is possible for more of the angels to sin. The angels who remain faithful to God are described as the “elect angels” (1 Timothy 5:21). Satan and the fallen angels knew God in all His glory. For them to rebel despite what they knew about God is the utmost of evil. As a result, God does not give Satan and the other fallen angels the opportunity to repent. Further, the Bible gives us no reason to believe they would repent even if God gave them the chance (1 Peter 5:Cool. God gave Satan and the angels the same choice He gave Adam and Eve - to obey Him or not. The angels had a free-will choice to make - God did not force or encourage any of the angels to sin. Satan and the fallen angels sinned of their own free will - and therefore are worthy of God's eternal wrath (Matthew 25:41).

Why did God give the angels this choice, when He knew what the results would be? God knew that one third of the angels would rebel, and therefore be cursed to the eternal fire. God also knew that Satan would further his rebellion by tempting humanity into sin. So, why did God allow it? The Bible does not explicitly give the answer to this question. The same can be asked of almost any evil action – why does God allow it? Ultimately, it comes back to choice. God created free beings, the angels and human beings. If God wanted beings who simply did what they were programmed to do, the animals would have sufficed. No, God desired beings with whom He could have a genuine relationship, and therefore He gave us all the ability to choose, and presented us with a choice.

Let us fight the good fight!
mike8189

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2008, 06:18:27 PM »

thank you for this Grandma love
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2008, 01:24:07 AM »

thank you for this Grandma love

Hello Mike,

I see that you're new, so WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite and find the answers to your questions here. I've been a Christian for over 50 years and know that GOD is more real than either of us. I know because of my own personal relationship with HIM. In fact, I can't imagine how I could stand this life without HIM. I said "this life" because I know there is much more after this life. There are great hosts of witnesses who have lived long before us who also testify about their relationship with CHRIST. JESUS CHRIST is the ultimate reality, and he wrote a wonderful best selling book - The Holy Bible - GOD'S WORD.

GOD'S WORD isn't just a beautiful literary masterpiece, rather a non-fiction BOOK written by the CREATOR and MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE to us. GOD'S WORD testifies of itself, proves itself, and proves GOD in most Supernatural ways that could only be done by GOD. GOD'S WORD foretold many events, and those events happened most perfectly at GOD'S Appointed time. YES, GOD'S WORD is a beautiful literary masterpiece, but it's much more than just that. It's actually the history of mankind in relation to GOD - AND is the ONLY PERFECT TRUTH. GOD'S WORD is used to measure other truth or fiction. In other words: if it agrees with GOD'S WORD - it's the TRUTH; if it disagrees with GOD'S WORD - it's not the TRUTH.

GOD'S WORD tells us what happened in the past and why. It also tells us what will happen in the future and why. What happened in the past has already happened and been proven by the Holy Bible, so I know that what it says will happen in the future will also be TRUE. JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS were talked about in the Old Testament by Prophets long before the actual event. Everything came to pass most perfectly. JESUS CHRIST did die on the CROSS for our sins, but no grave could hold HIM. HE did arise from the dead and was seen by many witnesses before HE went back to HEAVEN. HE did promise that HE would send a COMFORTER AND GUIDE to be with HIS children, and HE did. The HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD now lives in the hearts of believers, and HE seals their hearts - setting them apart as a possession belonging to JESUS CHRIST. GOD is actually three Holy Entities - yet ONE:  GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT. YES, there are THREE, but the THREE are ONE. This is hard for many people to understand, but it is a beautiful and wonderful TRUTH about ALMIGHTY GOD. THEIR - HIS WORKS are beyond wonderful and beautiful. Many of HIS Ways are beyond finding out. After all, we are but simple humans, part of HIS CREATION. How could we begin to understand the FULL MIGHT, MAJESTY, AND POWER OF ALMIGHTY GOD? GOD tells us what HE wants us to know in HIS WORD, the Holy Bible. GOD said that HIS WORD would be preserved forever, and it has been despite the efforts of countless people to destroy it. It's now been translated into every known language in the world and is a best seller, better than all of the other best sellers combined. World time is set by the life and death of JESUS CHRIST. JESUS CHRIST was very GOD made manifest in the flesh, the SON OF GOD HIMSELF. YES, they crucified the SON OF GOD on that CROSS about 2,000 years ago - but only because HE allowed it for HIS Purpose. HE allowed it to take our punishment in HIS OWN HOLY BODY and provide a way for SALVATION. It's all the ULTIMATE TRUTH, and it provides answers for man's biggest questions throughout history. The CROSS is the biggest and most precious event in the history of mankind. HE showed the ultimate love for us by dying on the CROSS in our place.

The HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD lives in my heart, so I know that HE'S REAL. JESUS CHRIST arose from the dead and is my LIVING LORD AND SAVIOUR FOREVER! I know HIM, and HE is REAL. When I pray to ALMIGHTY GOD, I know that HE hears me. I am HIS child, and HE has given me a full inheritance that awaits me in HEAVEN. JESUS CHRIST went after the CROSS to prepare a place for us, and our HOME is ready. My Citizenship is in HEAVEN as a child of GOD - THE KING OF KINGS. This world is not my HOME - HEAVEN IS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 4:1-18  Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you. We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 01:30:49 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2008, 01:25:23 AM »

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the