Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:50:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  IS Matthew Mark Luke and John in the New
« previous next »
Poll
Question: IS Matthew, Mark,  Luke  and John in the New Testament
YES - 11 (68.8%)
NO - 4 (25%)
NOT SURE - 1 (6.3%)
MAYBE - 0 (0%)
SOME PARTS - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IS Matthew Mark Luke and John in the New  (Read 16083 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2004, 05:54:55 AM »

IS Matthew, Mark,  Luke  and John in the New Testament

Please give reason for your answer

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 12:47:11 PM »

Yes Matthew, Mark,  Luke  and John is in the New Testament. Why, because the Bible tells me so.

Reba
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 01:21:23 PM »

Sheesh!!!

IS?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2004, 04:58:19 AM »

Yes Matthew, Mark,  Luke  and John is in the New Testament. Why, because the Bible tells me so.

Brother, could you please give some chapters and verses.

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Reba
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004, 10:51:51 AM »

Seems to me God knew what HE was doing when the scriptures were written. Had HE not wanted the OT and the NT to be divided where they are they wouldn't have been. One believes the Bible to be the inerrant Word of God or they don’t.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 01:18:26 PM »

Brother, could you please give some chapters and verses.

<Smiley))><

John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word: and the Word was with God: and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him: and without him was made nothing that was made.

John 3:16-21For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son: that whosoever believeth in him may not perish, but may have life everlasting. For God sent not his Son into the world, to judge the world: but that the world may be saved by him.  He that believeth in him is not judged. But he that doth not believe is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the judgment: Because the light is come into the world and men loved darkness rather than the light: for their works were evil. For every one that doth evil hateth the light and cometh not to the light, that his works may not be reproved. But he that doth truth cometh to the light, that his works may be made manifest: because they are done in God.

Matthew 7:1-2 ,5-8 Judge not, that you may not be judged.   For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thy own eye, and then shalt thou see to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Give not that which is holy to dogs; neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turning upon you, they tear you. Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and you shall find: knock, and it shall be opened to you. For every one that asketh, receiveth: and he that seeketh, findeth: and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened.

Mark 1:1-2 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.   As it is written in Isaias the prophet: Behold I send my angel before thy face, who shall prepare the way before thee.
Mark 9:2-And his garments became shining and exceeding white as snow, so as no fuller upon earth can make white. And there appeared to them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus. And Peter answering, said to Jesus: Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. And let us make three tabernacles, one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

Luke 1:1-4 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a narration of the things that have been accomplished among us, According as they have delivered them unto us, who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word: It seemed good to me also, having diligently attained to all things from the beginning, to write to thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, That thou mayest know the verity of those words in which thou hast been instructed.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004, 03:40:08 PM »

Yes, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are in the New Testament.

Matthew 1:1  The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Jesus Christ is the New Testament. The central and most precious focus is THE CROSS. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are most often described as a view of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ from four perspectives. Some say they represent a foundation for the transition from Law to Grace, as they do not reveal the mysteries of Christ not made known to men of other ages.  Many students of the Holy Bible will generally state that many portions of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are to and for Israel, but they still lead to the CROSS, and many of the most precious portions speak volumes to all of us.

As an example, many portions of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John refer to Christ as King, ruling and reining over the earth from the throne of David (i.e. The Millennial Kingdom - 1,000 year reign of Christ). This is obviously yet to come. The greatest joy and peace of the New Testament obviously involves what we have RIGHT NOW, a LIVING Lord and Saviour who died on the CROSS for us. We don't have to wait to ask Jesus Christ to come into our hearts as Lord and Saviour. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John do not reveal the Church which is the BODY OF CHRIST, but they do reveal Jesus Christ, manifest in the flesh, as the Son of God, VERY GOD.

Here's the controversial portion that could lead to a very large and beautiful Bible study. Jesus Christ was born under the Law, and HE lived and died under the Law. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John lived under the Law. The matchless GRACE AND LOVE OF GOD was revealed at the CROSS in the GIFT and PERFECT SACRIFICE of Jesus Christ. A completely NEW and MOST PRECIOUS reality was then possible for all of mankind: A Saviour who died for us; A Saviour who arose from the dead; A LIVING SAVIOUR who is VERY GOD; our Lord and Saviour who bought us with HIS BLOOD, a LOVING GREAT SHEPHERD who wants us to love HIM and accept HIM as Lord and Saviour.

In short, we don't look forward in time to the Millennial Kingdom. We can have the reality of Jesus Christ in our hearts as LORD and SAVIOUR RIGHT NOW!!!

If anyone is lost and reading this thread, Jesus Christ loves you and died for you. Won't you please consider asking Jesus Christ to come into your heart as Lord and Saviour?

Love In Christ,
Tom
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 03:47:59 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

JitC
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2004, 06:55:02 PM »

[Are Wink] Matthew, Mark,  Luke  and John in the New Testament?

"Luke the beloved physician and Demas greet you." - (Col 4:14)

"Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for ministry." - (2 Tim 4:11)

"Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, greets you, as do Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, Luke, my fellow laborers." - (Phil 1:23-24)

"Aristarchus my fellow prisoner greets you, with Mark the cousin of Barnabas..." - (Col 4:10)

Matthew and John are mentioned throughout the New Testament, since they were two of the original twelve apostles.

(Also, Mark is called John in one of the Pauline epistles, which confused me at first, since there were three "John"s: John the baptist, John the revelator/apostle, and John-Mark.)

BTW, you can do word searches at audio-bible.com. It's convenient when you can't remember where in the bible you read something.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 07:04:03 PM by JitC » Logged
Reba
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2004, 11:46:18 PM »

A will or testiment recquires death. Jesus Christ was alive in Mat, Mark and John.

Please note this is NOT my view but one i have come across via the net.

Has any one else been having  problems getting into CU?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 12:03:48 AM by Reba » Logged
JitC
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2004, 03:03:37 AM »

A will or testiment recquires death. Jesus Christ was alive in Mat, Mark and John.

Ummm, that just doesn't make sense. The physical death of Jesus is described in all four gospels.

Historians don't agree on exactly when the NT books were written. You could go to ten different websites that give dates as to when the books were written, and get ten different answers. We can't know for sure which historian is right, so it's best to regard dates of this kind as theory, not fact.

Earlier today it was really slow, but now it's fine.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 03:05:14 AM by JitC » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2004, 05:53:10 AM »

A will or testament requires death. Jesus Christ was alive in Mat, Mark and John.

Oklahoma Howdy to Sister Reba,

Yes, I've had trouble several times getting into CU, and I reported it to ADMIN. Spambots trying to harvest emails are again the primary problem. CU is obviously set to refuse to give any personal information at all about users. The slow down is obviously worse when more than one spambot at a time is trying to do the same thing.

I haven't been to bed yet, but I feel that I must comment about the word "Testament".

I think that some rely too much on man's definitions, but here is a little more to think about in using man's way of thinking. One is supposed to be alive and of sound mind to make a will. This is usually done in the presence of witnesses. It is true that the will is not executed until the person making the will dies. Well, we do have a living person, God manifest in the flesh. However, there were many beneficiaries who benefited before HIS death. AND, there are more people receiving the PROMISES every day. I simply thank God that I'm one of the beneficiaries.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2004, 07:42:55 PM »

IS Matthew  Mark  Luke  and John in the New Testiment?

Yes, OT ends on page 944.  Then theres a single white page that says New Testiment.  Page 1 starts Matt. then Mark, Luke, and John then follow.

Logical Analysis....all 4 are in the new testiment.   Grin   Most theologeons agree with my analysis...woohoo!

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 07:43:52 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
BigD
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2004, 04:01:29 AM »

IS Matthew, Mark,  Luke  and John in the New Testament

Please give reason for your answer

BigD responds:
The gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are a continuation of the Old Testament.

A "testament" is a "covenant."

In Matthew 26:27,28 Jesus spoke of the His blood of the new testament (covenant).

The first covenant was made with the nation of Israel, and God made a promise with Isreal if they would keep that covenant they would become  "a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation" (see Exodus 19:5,6).

We can also find reference to that covenant in Hebrews 8:7-13. Verse 8 speaks of the "new covenant" (testament) which was prophesied in Jeremiah 31:31-34. That "new covenant" (testament) is with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Being Israel has been set aside temporarily, that makes the old covenant (testament) uninforceable. The new covenant (testament) is still not in effect. Therefore, we find ourselves living in an unprophesied period (parenthetical) between the two covenants (testaments). It is know as "the dispensation of grace",  "the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began."

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!
Reba
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2004, 09:37:02 AM »

Gen 6:17-18

17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.
KJV

Gen 9:15-17

15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.
KJV

BigD
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2004, 03:03:39 PM »

Gen 6:17-18

17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.
KJV

Gen 9:15-17

15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.
KJV

BigD responds:
The covenant that God made wit Noah after the flood was a covenant that was fulfilled.

The Old Covenant that God spake unto Moses is for the nation of Israel and yet to be fulfilled. Israel is set aside and there for that covenant is not in force.

Jesus was speaking of the New Covenant in Matthew 26 that will be with the nation of Israel and, as yet has not been fulfilled. It will be fulfilled when Jesus establishes His Kingdom here upon the earth. That will fulfill the prophesy of Jeremiah 31 that I mentioned earlier.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the