Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:24:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  More of the UN and EU, are they joining forces?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More of the UN and EU, are they joining forces?  (Read 11467 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2004, 12:45:30 AM »

The United Nations vote on Israel's fence.

Israel's deputy permanent representative to the UN, Arye Mekel, said Israel's UN mission initiated a diplomatic campaign after the vote against further action on the ICJ opinion. On Wednesday, Gillerman and Mekel met with ambassadors from the Netherlands, Russia and Germany, and UN undersecretaries general for political affairs Kieran Prendergast and humanitarian affairs Jan Egeland to press Israel's case, and a meeting with US Ambassador John Danforth was scheduled for Thursday.

We are going to tell the Europeans that if this is their position, we dont think that they can be involved in the peace process, Mekel said. We dont think we can allow that. He said that Israel was especially disappointed with the Dutch, which it had considered to be more favorable toward Israel's position. "We will be particularly harsh with the Dutch presidency," he said.

Members of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations were also holding meetings this week, with members of the UN Security Council. The organization's executive vice chairman, Malcolm Hoenlein, said that the goal of the meetings was to secure opposition to a binding resolution among a majority of council members, which would relieve the US of the need to exercise its veto.

Israeli diplomatic officials said Wednesday that Israel will continue building the security fence, despite the United Nations General Assembly resolution Tuesday night calling for Israel to dismantle it.

"After a thousand Israeli fatalities in the last four years, and 150 suicide bombing attacks, Israel has every moral right to complete the fence as planned," said former Israeli ambassador to the UN, Dore Gold.

Gold, a foreign policy advisor to Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, said the UN resolution is "fundamentally unbalanced and destabilizing because it calls on Israel to remove the shield protecting it without doing anything about the sword of Palestinian terrorism that remains drawn."

The Foreign Ministry issued a statement following the resolution expressing Israeli disappointment that the UN's agenda was once again "hijacked" by the Palestinians to pass yet another resolution against Israel.

"Not only does this position by the United Nations not help the peace process, it encourages Palestinian terrorism," the statement read.

The statement said that the resolution deflected the world's attention from the real hurdle to a peace process Palestinian terrorism. "Were there no terror, there would not have been a fence," the statement read. "The United Nations resolution completely ignores the circumstances surrounding the construction of the fence. Israel has the right like all other nations in the world to defend its citizens."

The statement said that Israel is especially disappointed in the position taken by the European Union, which voted as a bloc with the Palestinians. The EU's willingness to fall into line with the Palestinian position calls into question their ability to play a "constructive role" in the diplomatic process, the statement read.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 12:48:14 AM »

UN: Israel should pay reparations to the Palestinians.

The UN General Assembly overwhelmingly approved a resolution Tuesday that called on Israel to comply with an advisory International Court of Justice ruling to dismantle the security fence and pay reparations to the Palestinians.

With a vote of 150 in favor, 6 against and 10 abstentions, the assembly adopted the resolution with the support of dozens of nations that had opposed sending the issue to The Hague last December. Those nations, including the 25-member European Union, endorsed Tuesday's resolution after passages condemning Israeli behavior were toned down and moderating language, including amendments calling on both sides to halt the violence, were added.

Nations that voted against the resolution included Israel, the US, Australia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia and Palau. Praise God there are some countries that know of Gods chosen.
Abstentions were cast by Cameroon, Canada, El Salvador, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Uganda, Uruguay and Vanuatu. Least they were smart enough not to vote against Israel.

The assembly resolution, which is not binding, demanded that Israel abide by the ICJ's July 9 advisory opinion condemning the fence as illegal and demanding that Israel tear down sections built beyond the Green Line. The resolution also called on UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan to compile a list of damages incurred by the Palestinians as a result of the fence's construction, and it called on the High Contracting parties to the Fourth Geneva Convention to convene on the issue.

While an amended draft resolution presented Tuesday afternoon called on both Israel and the Palestinians to abide by their commitments to peace as outlined in the Quartet-backed road map, European nations insisted on the inclusion of two additional paragraphs; the first called on the Palestinian Authority "to undertake visible efforts on the ground to arrest, disrupt and restrain individuals and groups conducting and planning violent attacks," and on Israel "to take no actions undermining trust, including deportations and attacks on civilians and extra-judicial killings."

The second paragraph reaffirmed the right of all states "to take actions in conformity with international law and international humanitarian law, to counter deadly acts of violence against their civilian populations in order to protect the life of their citizens."

"Thank God that the fate of Israel and of the Jewish people is not decided in this hall," Israel's UN Ambassador Dan Gillerman told the Assembly.

Gillerman called the resolution "one-sided and totally counterproductive" and said construction of the security fence will continue in compliance with the requirements of international law as decided by Israel's Supreme Court. Gillerman added that the resolution "cannot but embolden the true enemies of the Israeli and Palestinian people."

"It is simply outrageous to respond with such vigor to a measure that saves lives and responds with such casual indifference and apathy to the ongoing campaign of Palestinian terrorism that takes lives. This is not justice but a perversion of justice," he said.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 12:49:08 AM »

"Let there be no mistake, Israel has respect for the assembly, but it is precisely because of this respect that we cannot but be dismayed by what has happened here," Gillerman added.

"The assembly has missed another opportunity to make relevant contribution to the cause of peace. Here, no pressure is ever brought to bear against the terrorism that brought about the fence," Gillerman said.

Al-Kidwa: Vote is 'magnificent'

The Palestinian observer to the UN Nasser al-Kidwa, on the other hand, praised the vote as "magnificent," calling it "perhaps the most important development in the situation since the partition plan."

"The debate is over. It is time now for implementation, compliance, and, at a later stage, additional measures," al-Kidwa told the assembly. On Friday, he pledged to press for a binding Security Council resolution, which the US has already vowed the veto.

The 191-member world body voted after lengthy negotiations between the Arab League and the European Union which resulted in a revised text that was accepted by both groups. Israel is dismayed that the Europeans voted to support the resolution, Israel Radio reported.

Looks like we are closer then I though. Sad

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 10:51:20 AM »

DW,
I've been keeping up with the Israel Fence Debate.  The World "Court" and the "United" Nations certainly act threatened by a simple defensive measure.  The UN is very scary indeed.  They are outspokenly on the side of those who would wipe all Judeo-Christian people from the face of the earth.  

And now we have those “Americans” led by that silly Texas congresswoman, Eddie Bernice Johnson, who are pleading with the UN to come into the United Sates and “monitor” our elections for fairness.  And who would she choose as chief monitor?  Fidel Castro?  And what if our system doesn’t meet the monitor’s opinion of “fair”?  Is Ms. EB Johnson going to plead for UN troops to move in and declare marshal law?  Roll Eyes

There are some very scary folks who are walking the earth right now - and the scariest thing is there are those who take the crazies seriously!  The end is, indeed, near. (In my opinion!)

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 12:56:24 PM »

The fence is to keep unwanted out. America we have a fence bordering Mexico. I wonder if the U.N. is going to rule that our fence, is out of order with the world. The way things are going, I look for only a few more years before the Trib starts.
I will go out on a limb and say 2 years from now. But........... Lord I am ready to go now.
Mr E.B. Johnson can kiss my rubber boots for all I care. Grin They try and move troops into Arizona. I already know of a major battle that will take place here. Remember per captial Arizona has more handguns then any other state, per person.
I have been against the U.N. since I learned about some of their missions. America doesn't need the U.N., nor does 1/3 of Americans want the U.N. here. Far as I care the "Belly of the Beast," can go and take a flying jump off, the edge of the Grand Canyon. Grin

Bronzesnake
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 07:13:11 PM »

Is Daniel's "ten 'kings'",which form the final world government, in fact the U.N.?

Daniel's interpretation outlined the four great world empires of history in advance. Daniel identified the head of gold as Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon and the breast and arms of silver as the Medo-Persians.

History identifies the belly and thighs of brass as Alexander the Great's Greece, and the two legs of iron as the Roman Empire.

In its waning years, Rome's empire was divided in two. The Western Empire, headquartered in Rome, and the Eastern Empire, ruled from Constantinople in modern Turkey. These are the two 'legs of iron' of Daniel's vision.

Now we move to the feet, 'part of iron and part of clay'.

Dan 2:33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.  

Dan 2:42 And [as] the toes of the feet [were] part of iron, and part of clay, [so] the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.  

Daniel 2:43 goes on to give a eerily similar description of the fractured and fractious nature of the modern European Union.

Dan 2:43 "And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay."

Most people believe there are more than 25 members in the E.U. In reality, there are only TEN full - permanent members in the E.U.

Have a look folks...

List of 28 Delegations

10 Member States

(modified Brussels Treaty – 1954)
(also members of the EU and NATO)

Belgium
Luxembourg
France
Netherlands
Germany
Portugal (1990)
Greece (1995)
Spain (1990)
Italy
United Kingdom

6 Associate Members
(Rome – 1992)
(also members of NATO)
Czech Republic (1999
Norway
Hungary (1999)
Poland (1999)
Iceland
Turkey

5 Observers
(Rome – 1992)
(also members of the EU)
 Austria (1995)
Ireland
Denmark·
Sweden (1995)
Finland (1995)  

7 Associate Partners
(Kirchberg – 1994)
(all signatories of a Europe Agreement with the EU)

Bulgaria
Romania
Estonia
Slovakia
Latvia
Slovenia (1996)
Lithuania  

Denmark is also a member of NATO

Bronzesnake.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 07:40:31 PM »

If the E.U. wasn't predestined to have such a dramatic impact on the future of the world, I'd say it was a joke!

There is a long history of anti-semitism within the U.N. General Assembly. They obsess against Israel and ignore the far more egregious actions of the many dictatorships within their own ranks.

The GA referred the matter of Israel's security fence to the International Court of Justice. The ICJ declared the fence illegal and ordered it demolished! What a surprise!
 They totally ignored the issue of Palestinian terrorism, which the fence was designed to prevent.

This joke of a judgement was then bounced back to the General Assembly which voted 150-6 in favour of dismantling the fence - another great surprise!

Canada was one of the only ten nations to abstain from voting, but I wish our country would have had the guts to vote against the UN resolution as the US did.

The US will no doubt veto any action contemplated by the Security Council.

The fence is not a perfect solution, but let the facts be stated - the fence has massively reduced the terrorists ability to operate inside Israel, and let's face it - if there was no terrorist bombings, the fence would not be needed. The fact that the ICJ and the General Assembly refuse to admit this tells us all we need to know about their credibility.

Bronzesnake.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2004, 08:36:28 PM »

I have been watching this and other very interesting developments in the mideast and Europe.  I mentioned some of it earlier this year on the board.   I'm not ready to make any bold statements about what I believe may be happening just yet, but I will say that I think we may be getting very close now if I'm seeing what I think I see.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2004, 08:37:54 PM »

DW & BS BRNZS, (We need to fix your acronym, bronze)  Grin
This thread is most interesting to me and I truly enjoy reading your posts. Ever since I first actually realized what prophesy tells us, (Uh... 1972) I was taught to look toward the EU and UN for sure signs of impending "earth as we know it now doom".

Hey - and back in '72 - the EU was just a flip-dream that EVERYBODY said was "hogwash and would never happen so keep your silly prophetical nonsense to yourself!"  

He-he-he, the vindictive sin in me wants to find those scoffers and say "See!  Told you so!".  

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Bronzesnake
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2004, 09:21:22 PM »

JN...

"DW & BS BRNZS, (We need to fix your acronym, bronze"

I know, I know! Grin

BRNZS...I like it!

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2004, 09:52:23 PM »

BrnzS,
There are others with acronyms that are pushing it, brother twobombs (T.B.Huh) comes to mind.  Lips Sealed
 Grin
Then there are those that have no acronym - like Reba.  Roll Eyes
But, then Reba needs no acronym!  She's REBA, sekratiry of edukashun.  
 Grin

JPD
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2004, 10:33:33 PM »

Back to the 'Israeli Fence Debate' - to me, the following report indicates the 'poor' Palestinians are, as the majority, slave to the 'all mighty dollar' rather than their 'cause'.
 Huh
Palestinians 'made millions' selling cheap cement for barrier they bitterly oppose
By Inigo Gilmore in Jerusalem
(Filed: 25/07/2004)

Palestinian businessmen have made millions of pounds supplying cement for Israel's "security barrier" in the full knowledge of Yasser Arafat, the Palestinian leader and one of the wall's most vocal critics.
A damning report by Palestinian legislators, which has been seen by the Telegraph, concludes that Mr Arafat did nothing to stop the deals although he publicly condemned the structure as a "crime against humanity".
The Israeli wall cuts through the Palestinian town of Baqa el-Gharbiya
The report claims that the cement was sold with the knowledge of senior officials at the Palestinian ministry of national economy, and close advisers to Mr Arafat. It concludes that officials were bribed to issue import licences for the cement to importers and businessmen working for Israelis.
One of the report's three authors, Hassan Khreishe - an independent legislator and long-term critic of Mr Arafat - last night called for the Palestinian cabinet to resign.
"Wealthy Palestinians with connections at the highest levels have been making millions helping Israel build this wall while Arafat and the Palestinian Authority have been urging people to fight against it," said Mr Khreishe, a council member from the West Bank city of Tulkarm.

For the full story, see:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/07/25/wmid25.xml

JPD
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2004, 12:45:41 AM »

Back to the 'Israeli Fence Debate' - to me, the following report indicates the 'poor' Palestinians are, as the majority, slave to the 'all mighty dollar' rather than their 'cause'.
 Huh
Palestinians 'made millions' selling cheap cement for barrier they bitterly oppose
By Inigo Gilmore in Jerusalem
(Filed: 25/07/2004)

Palestinian businessmen have made millions of pounds supplying cement for Israel's "security barrier" in the full knowledge of Yasser Arafat, the Palestinian leader and one of the wall's most vocal critics.
A damning report by Palestinian legislators, which has been seen by the Telegraph, concludes that Mr Arafat did nothing to stop the deals although he publicly condemned the structure as a "crime against humanity".
The Israeli wall cuts through the Palestinian town of Baqa el-Gharbiya
The report claims that the cement was sold with the knowledge of senior officials at the Palestinian ministry of national economy, and close advisers to Mr Arafat. It concludes that officials were bribed to issue import licences for the cement to importers and businessmen working for Israelis.
One of the report's three authors, Hassan Khreishe - an independent legislator and long-term critic of Mr Arafat - last night called for the Palestinian cabinet to resign.
"Wealthy Palestinians with connections at the highest levels have been making millions helping Israel build this wall while Arafat and the Palestinian Authority have been urging people to fight against it," said Mr Khreishe, a council member from the West Bank city of Tulkarm.

For the full story, see:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/07/25/wmid25.xml

See what happens when "Greed" enters the picture.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2004, 12:46:53 AM »

BrnzS,
There are others with acronyms that are pushing it, brother twobombs (T.B.Huh) comes to mind.  Lips Sealed
 Grin
Then there are those that have no acronym - like Reba.  Roll Eyes
But, then Reba needs no acronym!  She's REBA, sekratiry of edukashun.  
 Grin

As far as TwoBombs I call him "2B"

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2004, 11:18:21 PM »

I mentioned some of it earlier this year on the board.   I'm not ready to make any bold statements about what I believe may be happening just yet, but I will say that I think we may be getting very close now if I'm seeing what I think I see.

Grace and Peace!

Are you ready to make a bold statement yet?
I believe you have, already.
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=5909;start=new;boardseen=1

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the