Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:10:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  More of the UN and EU, are they joining forces?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More of the UN and EU, are they joining forces?  (Read 11495 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 11:31:47 PM »

LOL...yes I suppose I am now arent I?

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2004, 12:30:11 PM »

Rather than start a new thread, I though this might fit here.....fwiw.

Gen 11:1
And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top [may reach] unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

In the picture below is a representation of a painting by Peter Brueghel, done in the 1500's, of the Tower of Babel.  Notice, from the scripture, that God, from one (people), made "many", sending them on their way.

On the right of the pic is a photo of the EU parliament building in Strausborg, France. According to the architects of the building, it was intentionallly made to resemble the artistic representations of Babel to show a "re-uniting" of mankind. Some advertising for the EU carries Brueghel's picture, along with the slogan "Many languages-One voice", which is a blatant reversal of God's decree upon the tower of Babel.

Just below is the statue that greets visitors to the EU building. Compare it to this scripture:

Rev 17:3
So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven 4
And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Of further significance is the final unveiling of the URI, or United Religious Initiative, headed by bishop William Spong of the Grace Cathedral in San Francisco.  In June, 2000, the URI charter was officially signed by representatives from *most* of the world's major religions, including many Christian denominational representatives. The avowed purpose of the URI is to "bring world peace, save the environment, redistribute the world's wealth, and to foster religious diversity and plurality.

Within the past year, the EU has formed an army, and trained "rapid strike forces" that are capable of going anywhere in the world within 24 hours. Their stated purpose is to be able to "reestablish control" in the event of "uprisings" against "duly constituted government."

Within the past 6 months, several members of the EU have stated unequivocally that the EU is "in reality, the revived and re-constituted Roman Empire." The EU has also absolutely rejected the inclusion of any references to God (singular) in it's constitution or working charter. It has also threatened some nations desiring to enter the EU with rejection unless they "re-think" their "historical religious commitments and practices."

Keep your eyes on the skies, guys ('n gals).  Tim, are you sure about those flying lessons?

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2004, 12:43:58 PM »

Tim, are you sure about those flying lessons?

Uhhh...yup!  Grin

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2004, 05:02:42 PM »

Rather than start a new thread, I though this might fit here.....fwiw.

Gen 11:1
And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top [may reach] unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

In the picture below is a representation of a painting by Peter Brueghel, done in the 1500's, of the Tower of Babel.  Notice, from the scripture, that God, from one (people), made "many", sending them on their way.

On the right of the pic is a photo of the EU parliament building in Strausborg, France. According to the architects of the building, it was intentionallly made to resemble the artistic representations of Babel to show a "re-uniting" of mankind. Some advertising for the EU carries Brueghel's picture, along with the slogan "Many languages-One voice", which is a blatant reversal of God's decree upon the tower of Babel.

Just below is the statue that greets visitors to the EU building. Compare it to this scripture:

Rev 17:3
So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven 4
And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Of further significance is the final unveiling of the URI, or United Religious Initiative, headed by bishop William Spong of the Grace Cathedral in San Francisco.  In June, 2000, the URI charter was officially signed by representatives from *most* of the world's major religions, including many Christian denominational representatives. The avowed purpose of the URI is to "bring world peace, save the environment, redistribute the world's wealth, and to foster religious diversity and plurality.

Within the past year, the EU has formed an army, and trained "rapid strike forces" that are capable of going anywhere in the world within 24 hours. Their stated purpose is to be able to "reestablish control" in the event of "uprisings" against "duly constituted government."

Within the past 6 months, several members of the EU have stated unequivocally that the EU is "in reality, the revived and re-constituted Roman Empire." The EU has also absolutely rejected the inclusion of any references to God (singular) in it's constitution or working charter. It has also threatened some nations desiring to enter the EU with rejection unless they "re-think" their "historical religious commitments and practices."

Keep your eyes on the skies, guys ('n gals).  Tim, are you sure about those flying lessons?

Great post Evangelist, your reply fits right in. On a side note; Evangelist,  I believe that those flying lessons are coming soon.

Praise God for he is worthy.
Bob

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2004, 05:53:56 PM »

I believe that those flying lessons are coming soon.

Hmmmm....hope there aren't any weight limitations!

Nah! Air Jesus has more power than a saturn booster!!  Grin

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2004, 09:05:19 PM »

Iraqis Blast U.N. Oil-for-Food Probe Funding

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

UNITED NATIONS — Iraqi officials are sending a message to the United Nations: "Don't spend our money."

The interim Iraqi government is objecting to U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan's decision to use money from the troubled Oil-for-Food program to pay for an investigation into the growing scandal surrounding the program.

Annan selected Paul Volcker, the former chairman of the Federal Reserve, to investigate how Saddam was able steal billions from late 1996 until being ousted last year. The budget for the investigation is $30 million, which is coming from Oil-for-Food funds — money Iraqi officials say was only supposed to go to help the Iraqi people.

In a letter dated Nov. 19 to the president of the U.N. Security Council  — who this month is U.S. Ambassador John Danforth — the permanent representative from Iraq said the United Nations' 2.2 percent cut it took from Oil-for-Food to pay for its administration, should not now fund Volcker's effort. The letter from Samir S. Sumaidaie said doing so "victimizes the people of Iraq, twice."

"First, if the allegations of abuse prove true, by depriving Iraqis of needed financial resources during a time when they were suffering under a regime of total sanctions aimed directly at the civilian sector in its effect. Second, by requiring the people of Iraq to pay for an investigation into those alleged abuses, at a time when every available dollar should be spent on re-building Iraq's shattered infrastructure and economy," the letter said.

One person who agrees with the Iraqi point is Derek Baldwin, director of the global intelligence firm IBIS. Baldwin said he was hired to help the Volcker investigation but pulled out because of what he described as bureaucratic delays.

"The money to fund the Oil-for-Food investigation, the $30 million, is Iraqi money. It came out of the Iraqi account as I understand it. If that's true and I were Iraqi I'd ask for my money back," Baldwin told FOX News in an interview Monday.

Baldwin said that terrorists killing U.S. troops and murdering innocent Iraqis were being funded by the stash of money Saddam is accused of stealing through the Oil-for-Food program.

"Of course Oil-for-Food is funding the insurgents," Baldwin said. "The country is awash in arms. Those arms were paid for with Oil-for-Food profits. Vast amounts of money have gone into the insurgency from money that was defrauded out of Oil-for-Food."

United Nations officials won't comment on Baldwin's allegations but said his company was a subcontractor that was ultimately not picked to help investigate the program.

As for the Iraqi demand for the money being spent on the probe, a U.N. spokesman said Annan has said he believes the U.N. investigation is an appropriate use of Oil-for-Food funds.

http://www.worthynews.com/zone.cgi?http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,139434,00.html

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2004, 10:25:44 PM »

In order not to start another thread in prophecy. I am posting this artical here.

Russian President Putin planning to glue together the most powerful superpower coalition in the world - Inida, China, Russia and Brazil
Sudhir Chadda, Special Correspondent
November 10, 2004

Russian President Putin is taking a lead role in putting together the most powerful coalition of regional and superpowers in the world. The coalition consists of India, China, Russia and Brazil. This will challenge the superpower supremacy of America as well as the European Union. The Chinese are concerned about American and European influence over the world. So is India, Brazil and Russia. Russians need Brazil badly. Brazil is in South America in the American corridor. According to Startfor, a strategic think tank, when Russian President Vladimir Putin visits Brazil Nov. 21-23, he likely will talk economic issues with Brazilian President Luiz Inacio "Lula" da Silva. However, Putin has bigger ambitions: He wants to establish a long-term Russian footprint in Latin America in order to expand Moscow's geopolitical influence in the region. Brazil is very open to the coalition concept where these large countries support each other in term of trade, economics, international politics and defense.

According other think tanks, this coalition will have an overwhelming influence over the United Nations. Russia and China are permanent members of the security council. India and Brazil are in the process of becoming the same. In terms of population, the coalition will have three quarters of the world population, largest amount of natural resources and largest pool of technical and scientific talent.
http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/11-10-04.asp

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2004, 10:51:42 PM »

Hmmm...this is interesting!

Certainly doesn't seem likely they will succeed in their aim.  At least not if the EU is to be the world dominating force spoken of in Daniel and Revelation.   No question Russia is suffering economically and would desire this.   I have always thought the Gog invasion would likely be due to Russia's economic suffering, but I have some questions about that as well.

Will be very interesting watching how this develops.  Also should be interesting to see how Mr Solana addresses it.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2004, 11:14:34 PM »

Brazil finalizing nuclear deal with U.N.

By CARMEN GENTILE, UPI Latin America Correspondent

RIO DE JANEIRO, Nov. 26 (UPI) -- Brazilian energy officials are confident they can soon begin enriching uranium with the full consent of the United Nations after months of controversy and setbacks.

Science and Technology Minister Eduardo Campos said Brazil would begin enriching uranium in the next few months.

Campos told reporters that United Nations officials with the International Atomic Energy Agency visited an enrichment plant in Rio de Janeiro from Nov. 16 to 18 and were pleased with their findings. Under international law, Brazil could not begin refinement until its facilities passed inspection.

"The visit was considered completely successful by both sides," he said. "It means that from the point of view of international safeguards, the plant can start working."

A final round of inspections that would formally green light production are expected to take place next month, according to Mohamed El Baradei, head of the IAEA.

For months Brazil had been wrangling with the IAEA over inspection criteria. The agency wants full access to the plant -- which under international law cannot begin refining material until it passes inspection -- while Brazil insists on protecting some parts of the plant from prying eyes.

Nuclear officials here assert Brazil has developed a refinement process at least 25 percent more efficient than others and wishes to protect its homegrown technology.

The IAEA reportedly will not insist on seeing every part of the refinement facility, as requested by Brazil.

El Baradei said the agreed upon criteria for inspections allows the IAEA to do credible inspections but at the same time take care of Brazil's need to protect certain commercial sensitivity inside the facility."

Some international observers speculated that Brazil would not allow inspectors to see its centrifuges because it was hiding its capability to refine uranium for nuclear weapons, an allegation Brazil has vehemently denied.

Others voiced concerns that nations like North Korea and Iran will see Brazil's reluctance to meet all requests as a means of concealing clandestine weapons programs.

The IAEA however seems secure in the knowledge that Brazil's nuclear ambitions are peaceful ones.

In October, IAEA officials came to the plant to discuss an agenda for future inspections. Brazil then agreed to show more of the Resende facility during inspections, while the IAEA reportedly gave up on its quest for "unrestricted access" to the entire facility, according to Odair Goncalves, president of Brazil's National Commission of Nuclear Energy.

"We have lots of uranium. Nothing can impede that in the future. ... We get to expand this activity and turn it really into a great commercial advantage," said Goncalves last month. His comments at the time referred to Brazil's expressed desire to expand its enrichment capabilities to sell the material for energy use to other countries worldwide.

While IAEA officials said they believed Brazil's program conformed to international standards, U.N. and Brazilian officials have been at odds over the inspections for some time.

In April Brazil was accused of refusing to allow inspectors to examine the Rio facility in February and March of this year, raising suspicions that Brazil may have had something to hide.

Brazilian officials countered by saying the inspections were unnecessary and intrusive since Brazil formally abstained from nuclear weapon development in the 1990s during the administration of then-President Fernando Henrique Cardoso.

Earlier this year, Brazilian Defense Minister Jose Viegas -- who resigned earlier this month on an unrelated issue -- defended the nation's right to secrecy, saying "at no time did this attitude signify an impediment to the inspections."

In September the controversy was refueled when a former U.S. Defense Department official told a leading Brazilian newspaper that the reason the United Nations was interested in inspecting a new nuclear facility in Resende was speculation that the technology at the plant was supplied by former Pakistani nuclear program head Abdul Qadeer Khan, who provided nuclear technology to several rogue nations over the years.

Henry Sokolski, head of the Washington-based Nonproliferation Policy Education Center, said that IAEA officials harbor concerns that "the source of the (Brazilian) centrifuge technology" was Kahn.

Brazilian nuclear scientists were outraged by the allegations that Brazil obtained the technology for its Resende plant from Pakistan.

The concerns over Brazil's nuclear intentions were first sparked in 2002, when then presidential hopeful, now Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, said the 1970 nuclear non-proliferation treaty was unfair. "If someone asks me to disarm and keep a slingshot while he comes at me with a cannon, what good does that do?" he asked in a campaign speech.

These remarks quickly became infamous among diplomatic circles in Washington, though Lula later clarified his position, emphasizing that he had no intention of restarting Brazil's weapons program.
http://www.interestalert.com/brand/siteia.shtml?Story=st/sn/1126000aaaa0494a.upi&Sys=icounsel&Type=News&Filter=United%20Nations&Fid=UNITEDNA

Talk about quite, I haven't heard nothing on this.
Bob

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2004, 11:30:21 PM »

DW and 2T,

I want to say thank you for all the hard work and research you two are doing. You have definitely got my full attention.

Something you said though in another thread, DW:

We shall conclude with recent examples to demonstrate the sharp increase in rhetoric that should cause us to worry that the planned time for these threats to materialize may be getting close at hand

Personally I am not worried. I am excited that the time is close at hand as it means it is close to His return and time to go to Him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2004, 02:04:43 AM »

Without question the nuclear genie is out of the bottle, and he aint going back in any time soon.   Lips Sealed     Without MAD (mutually assured distruction) to equal things out between the good guys and the bad guys...(terrorist don't mind dying for their cause) kinda makes the Cold War era seem like the good ole days.   Undecided

Rev 6:14  And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Lord help us to reach the lost.  

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2004, 09:12:06 AM »

THE MYTH OF THE 'MISSING EXPLOSIVES': A SHAMELESS LIE

BY RALPH PETERS

October 28, 2004 -- SHOULD the United Na tions decide who be comes our president? Sen. John Kerry wouldn't mind. He's shamelessly promoting the lies that the U.N.'s International Atomic Energy Agency is telling about Iraq.

A devious IAEA report suggests that 400 tons of explosives were spirited away by our enemies under the noses of our Keystone-Cops troops after the fall of Baghdad. The document just happened to be released in the closing days of our presidential election. Purely a coincidence, of course. Brought to you by those selfless U.N. bureaucrats who failed in Iraq and are now failing in Iran.

Since Kerry's willing to blame our troops for a scandal invented by America-haters, let's look at the story the military way, by the numbers.

One: The IAEA claims its inspectors visited the ammo dump at Al-Qaqaa on March 9, 2003, and found the agency's seals intact on bunkers containing sensitive munitions. Unverifiable, but let's assume that much is true.

Two: Faced with an impending invasion, Saddam's forces did what any military would do. They began dispersing ammunition stocks from every storage site that might be a Coalition bombing target. If the Iraqis valued it, they tried to move it. Before the war.

Three: Members of our 3rd Infantry Division — the heroes who led the march to Baghdad — reached the site in question in early April. Despite the pressures of combat, they combed the dump. Nothing was found. Al-Qaqaa was a vast junkyard.

Four: Our 101st Airborne Division assumed responsibility for the sector as the 3ID closed on Baghdad. None of the Screaming Eagles found any IAEA markers — even one would have been a red flag to be reported immediately.

Five: At the end of May, military teams searching for key Iraqi weapons scoured Al-Qaqaa. They found plenty of odds and ends — the detritus of war — but no IAEA seals. And no major stockpiles.

Six: Now, just before Election Day, the IAEA, a discredited organization embarrassed by the Bush administration's decision to call it on the carpet, suddenly realizes that 400 tons of phantom explosives went missing from the dump.

Seven: Even if repeated inspections by U.S. troops had somehow missed this deadly elephant on the front porch, and even if the otherwise-incompetent Iraqis had been so skilled and organized they were able to sneak into Al-Qaqaa and load up 400 tons of Saddam's love-powder, it would have taken a Teamsters' convention to get the job done.

Eight: If the Iraqis had used military transport vehicles of five-ton capacity, it would have required 80 trucks for one big lift, or, say, 20 trucks each making four trips. They would have needed special trolleys, forklifts, handling experts and skilled drivers (explosives aren't groceries). This operation could not have happened either during or after the war, while the Al-Qaqaa area was flooded with U.S. troops.

Nine: We owned the skies. And when you own the skies, you own the roads. We were watching for any sign of organized movement. A gaggle of non-Coalition vehicles driving in and out of an ammo dump would have attracted the attention of our surveillance systems immediately.

Ten: And you don't just drive high explosives cross-country, unless you want to hear a very loud bang. Besides, the Iraqis would have needed to hide those 400 tons of explosives somewhere else. Unless the uploaded trucks are still driving around Iraq.

Eleven: Even if the IAEA told the truth and the Iraqis were stealth-logistics geniuses who emptied the site's ammo bunkers under our noses, the entire issue misses a greater point: 400 tons of explosives amounted to a miniscule fraction of the stocks Saddam had built up. Coalition demolition experts spent months destroying more than 400,000 tons of Iraqi war-making materiel.

Our soldiers eliminated more than a thousand tons of packaged death for every ton the United Nations claims they missed. Does that sound like incompetence? Why hasn't our success been mentioned? Can't our troops get credit for anything?

Twelve: The bottom line is that, if the explosives were ever there, the Iraqis moved them before our troops arrived. There is no other plausible scenario.

Sen. Kerry knows this is a bogus issue. And he doesn't care. He's willing to accuse our troops of negligence and incompetence to further his political career. Of course, he did that once before.

http://www.worthyopinions.com/zone.cgi?http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/32832.htm
Oops, I forgot the link.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 09:13:58 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2004, 12:34:58 PM »

In regards to reply # 21 and 22 on this thread. (Putin's Russian superpower)

I was curious to know what Solana's reaction to this would be.  

As I suspected, Solana is indeed exerting his political prowess on Russian government and power with threats of non EU support unless he is allowed to get his hands dirty in their business of government.

A few short clips...

BRUSSELS Javier Solana, effectively the foreign minister of the European Union, was a busy man Wednesday. Demonstrators were on the streets in Ukraine and, clearly, a portent-laden crisis loomed on the EU's eastern border. And so, Solana was on the phone - to Warsaw, Kiev, Moscow and Washington. By the time he left for the Hague that evening, for an EU meeting Thursday with President Vladimir Putin of Russia, he had obtained a formal request for the EU to conduct a political mediation in Ukraine, and he was warning both Moscow and Kiev that if the mission were not accepted, the 25 members of the EU would refuse to recognize the Ukrainian election results.

entire article here

Solana mediates elections in Ukraine

KIEV, Nov. 26 (Xinhuanet) -- The European Union's foreign policy chief Javier Solana arrived in Kiev on Friday in a bid to mediate a crisis triggered by last weekend's disputed presidential poll, the Interfax news agency reported.

Solana's plane landed at Kiev's Borispol international airport shortly after 11:00 a.m. (0900 GMT), the Interfax reported.

Solana is expected to hold talks with outgoing Ukrainian President Leonid Kuchma and the two rivals for the presidential runoff, Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovich and opposition leader Viktor Yushchenko.

SNIP

Also interesting is what Solana was about to drop from his busy schedule in order to go work on these...

On 25 November, the EU will host the 14th EU-Russia Summit in The Hague. This is the first meeting of the new Commission with Russian leaders. The Summit will welcome the extension of the EU-Russia Partnership and Cooperation Agreement (PCA) to the ten new EU Member States, as well as Russia’s recent decision to ratify the Kyoto Protocol on climate change.

Wink
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 12:37:45 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2004, 02:14:26 PM »

You beat me to the punch 2T, I was getting ready to post, when I saw you had posted what I was going to post. Good Job.  Smiley

It sure looks as if Mr. Solana's fingers, are everywhere.

Resting in the Lords arms.
Bob

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2004, 04:17:39 AM »

Solana Considers One EU Seat in UN Solution to Divisions
By Honor Mahony
EUObserver.com
March 24, 2003

In an interview with Die Welt, the EU's high representative for Common Foreign and Security Policy, Javier Solana, offers some suggestions for how the current crisis in Europe could be avoided in the future. One of the main ideas would be for the EU to be represented by one set in the UN.

In an interview with Die Welt, the EU's high representative for Common Foreign and Security Policy, Javier Solana, offers some suggestions for how the current crisis in the European Union could be avoided in the future. A "possible cause" for the rift between the EU fifteen is the fact that the EU is not represented by one seat in the United Nations Security Council. "The EU is not represented by one seat in the United Nations. But the problems were created in the United Nations."

He noted the differences of opinion ran exactly between the four members of the Security Council - the UK and France (as permanent members) and Spain and Germany (as non-permanent members). "Imagine what influence Europe could have had if it had spoken with one voice?" asked Mr Solana. Speaking with one voice is not just something for the Union in the UN but for "the EU as a whole."

According to the Treaty of European Union, all EU member states have an obligation to refrain from doing anything that goes against a common position in foreign policy. "It is regrettable that precisely this was not followed by some member states," said the EU's foreign policy chief.

Weak Europe not in America's interest

Mr Solana believes that a weak Europe is not in America's interest. The big challenges in world politics are usually for both the USA and the EU, he says.

"Of course, Europe should invest more in its military capabilities, I have said that for years. But the USA is the number one and we do not have these strengths." Europe's strengths lie with international investment, development aid and trade.
http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/reform/cluster1/2003/0324eu.htm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the