Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:44:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  communion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: communion  (Read 4270 times)
BUTCHA

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2004, 09:11:10 PM »

does any church give communion out every sunday besides catholic. and why do so many do it once a month?
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 09:25:45 PM »

At the Church I attend, we take communion about every 3 months.  I do enjoy it - the special rememberance - as Christ said "Do this in rememberance of me..."  It is always a special service.  Folks are asked not to partake if they have any "outstanding sin they have not personally confessed to, and discussed with, and asked forgiveness for" from Jesus.
For me, I think weekly communion would make it less "satisfying" (if I may use that word).  

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 07:24:25 AM »

does any church give communion out every sunday besides catholic. and why do so many do it once a month?
There is only one church, the one Christ established. Your question makes it seem as if there are others. "does any church.......?"

When and how often did the church Christ established, remember Christ, according to scripture? Can a day and frequency of observing this remembrance be discerned from His word? Perhaps what is discerned from scripture on it should answer the questions.

Ollie

Support your local Christian.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 08:02:19 PM »

There is only one church, the one Christ established. Your question makes it seem as if there are others. "does any church.......?"

When and how often did the church Christ established, remember Christ, according to scripture? Can a day and frequency of observing this remembrance be discerned from His word? Perhaps what is discerned from scripture on it should answer the questions.

Ollie
ollie you know what i mean.
you always have a way of cofuseing me more.
you enjoy it , dont you. if i knew the answer i wouldnt have asked the quistion.

but thanks all the same.
the reason i ask is im trying to covince my wife to shop for i knew church. she is use to the catholic church and communion every week.
so i would like to explain why others do it differently so she possible be open to other ways.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 08:11:17 PM »

does any church give communion out every sunday besides catholic?
Most Anglican churches celebrate communion every month - English (Anglican) parish churches are required to by canon law.
i understand that im not going to sound to bright by my next quistion but,... i thought connon law was from the catholic religion. are Anglican churches catholic?
WolfBrother

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 04:37:59 PM »

I believe Lutheran churches do every week and believe in transubstantiation.

WolfBrother
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Matthew 7:3
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 01:28:46 PM »

I believe Lutheran churches do every week and believe in transubstantiation.
We attend a Lutheran congregation (notice I didn't say 'church', ollie!  Wink) and they do not have communion every Sunday. I believe theirs is every three months, but it may be just a local practise to do it that way. (More often we attend at a Reformed Baptist, and their communion is every month.) The Christian United Reformed church down the road does it every three months (but they prefer that those who take it are registered members of their 'church').

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 08:35:33 PM »

Ebia,
You're right, was thinking one and wrote the other.

Butcha,
Apologies for the wrong word.
i sure do, but what wrong word was it?Huh?
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 08:39:03 PM »

so does anyone know why "ROMAN CATHOLICS" parishes(not church) has communion weekly and others dont. were did this practice of doing it weekly come from.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 08:43:24 PM »

does any church give communion out every sunday besides catholic?
Most Anglican churches celebrate communion every month - English (Anglican) parish churches are required to by canon law.
i understand that im not going to sound to bright by my next quistion but,... i thought connon law was from the catholic religion. are Anglican churches catholic?
Depends on your definition of Catholic.  They're not part of the RCC.

Most national churches within the Anglican communion will have a canon law - the Church of England most definitely does.
so lets see if my little bird brain gets this , Anglican churches are catholic but have thier own canon laws. so if one was  Anglican , could they get married in a catholic parish(church of rcc)
Nickolai

Eastern Orthodoxy is Awesome

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 08:59:33 PM »

Eastern Orthodox have The Eucharist every time they celebrate the Divine Liturgy.  In some monastaries that can be every day.  But most Orthodox Temples have it at least every week.
archangel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 09:08:38 PM »

Hi Butcha!  When I first started attended the PLACE OF WORSHIP WHERE I NOW ATTEND....how's that Ollie?...I was surprised to find that the congregation took communion every Sunday.  My first thoughts were that the importance of that sacrament would be diminished and that it would become just another ritual.  I was mistaken.  I am not Catholic nor Anglican, but I have come to look forward to taking communion each Sunday because in doing so I am constantly reminded of the sacrifice my Lord Jesus made for me.  It is my special time (during the worship service) when it is just Him and me as close as I can be to Him in this world.  When I miss communion now..I miss it from the bottom of my heart.

archangel

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2004, 08:28:43 PM »

thank you Threadbear
thank you ebia and everyone im truely grateful for your help . i have been going to the library , getting books but my life is crazy no time to read five kids and 2 jobs plus this is my busy season at work its been crazy. im a air-cond. & refrigaration mechanic for commercial building in boston
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2004, 09:09:39 PM »

Ollie
ollie you know what i mean.
Sorry, I was not questioning your meaning. I was attempting to show you where the answers are.  "The Bible".

you always have a way of cofuseing me more.
It is not intentional. Confusion usually comes from within one from not understandings a persons remarks.
you enjoy it , dont you.
That is a harsh judgement.   The answer to such is NO as my post was not intended as confusion but to lead to the source of all enlightenment. "The Bible".
I would pray that I donot confuse, but rather show the Lord Jesus Christ in my life.

if i knew the answer i wouldnt have asked the quistion.
That is why I attempted to tell you the source for the answers to your question. "The Bible".

but thanks all the same.
You are very welcome.
the reason i ask is im trying to covince my wife to shop for i knew church. she is use to the catholic church and communion every week.
There is a source and reference that reveals Christ's church. "The Bible".
Read it study it and search out a group of people such as should be saved in Christ that are of the pattern given by/of God through the Holy Spirit.

so i would like to explain why others do it differently so she possible be open to other ways.
You will find that by searching to and fro in "the Bible" that Christ's church
shared the communion every first day of the week in their public assembly.
Look for a church that identifies with Christ/God and His word.

Pray I unconfused you. The answers are in the Bible.

Ollie
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 09:18:54 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2004, 09:46:05 PM »

ollie all jokeing aside , i do thank you for helping me ,thanks brother. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the