Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:53:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Animals and Pets (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Cats are Evil!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cats are Evil!  (Read 107498 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 12, 2006, 03:31:21 AM »

Pastor Roger,

Brother, I respect you for this. I think that everyone needs to have a soft spot in their hearts for humane treatment of animals. I hope that I would have done the same thing you did under the circumstances. I know that I would have done everything I could and try to get some help for what I couldn't handle.

I can't stand cruelty to animals, letting them starve, or denying medical attention that they need. I've never had very much money, but I'm sure there would be organizations or other people willing to help in horrible situations like you described. Brother, you just proved again that you are a good man with a big heart.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 6:10-17 NASB  Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 12, 2006, 04:08:14 AM »

Just trying to do what I think the Lord would have me do.

There are many organizations in this area that do work with the care of such animals but they are overworked and under funded. I understand what you mean about the cruelty. That tares me up also. There is no reason for people to be cruel to animals. God put man here to have dominion over the animals but not for us to abuse them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 12, 2006, 06:46:27 AM »

I still have one cat Tisha whos a bit of a pill some times....and i have two fish left  Wink Cheesy i have a fish that 4 and a 1/2 named fred and another that is 1 i think and another that ive had for 2 mths or so...but others have died  Embarrassed

A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 12, 2006, 08:23:18 AM »

I waited for almost 2 years for my fish to have babies, but none ever did.  Sad

What are the chances that of 15 fish there was not one female in the whole tank  Roll Eyes Undecided

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 12, 2006, 08:25:53 AM »

id say pretty high for pet fish

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 12, 2006, 09:13:57 AM »

I remember when I was a little girl, my dad bought home some guppies, within a couple of months we had more guppies than we could handle, before long the whole neighborhood had guppies.

I told my husband we should buy some, he said he would only if I let him have an Oscar in the same tank with them  Angry

That was mean Shocked Shocked Shocked

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 12, 2006, 09:19:35 AM »

what are guppies and yeah i agree with you there

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 12, 2006, 09:23:24 AM »

guppies are these tiny little fish that reproduce faster than rabbits.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

But you have to be careful too cause sometimes the adult guppies eat the baby guppies, so you have to move the pregnant guppy from the tank and put them in separate tanks, and as soon as the guppies are born you have to take the mom out, or she'll eat them. They can keep you pretty busy.  Undecided Grin

Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 12, 2006, 09:25:35 AM »

ahh soz not really into the fish names haha

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 12, 2006, 09:30:13 AM »

When our kids were at home, we nearly always had an aquarium. A sure thing is to put some living plants in the aquarium and raise guppies. Some of them are very pretty, and they reproduce very quickly. It's fun to watch the little ones, and it doesn't take any time at all to share some of the fish with friends and relatives. The only problem I remember in taking care of them is some preventative measures in making sure they don't get a condition called "ich". I think that's spelled right. It was little white spots that formed on their skin, and they died shortly after getting it if you didn't put the right medicine in the water. If I remember right, putting a smaller dose of the medicine in the water every now and then was a good preventative measure. It was also good to have enough scavenger-type fish and a good water filtration system to keep the tank pretty clean. Other good preventative measures were proper water temperature and "PH", enough live plants, not over-feeding, and changing the filter material pretty often. One can have a really pretty fresh-water tank for years and not have very much money involved.

Some of the more exotic fish or salt-water tanks require much more knowledge and work.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 12, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »

I have a good filter and pump, I also got a bubbler and some plants and black lights to help prevent mold. I have these little drops that I put in the tank every now and then, and I don't quite know the name of this other fish that looks like a lizard that cleans up the tank, and a snail that does the same thing. I have some nice pebbles and a little sunken castle I just love watching them play around and dance. I don't have to change the water more than once every 3 or so months. I really enjoy my aquarium. I wish I had a bigger one.  Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 12, 2006, 10:01:53 AM »

My younger brother was into pet fish. He raised them for a living for awhile, too. He helped me set up a 75 gallon tank. I had all kinds of fish in it. I never had to change the water for an entire year. All I had to do was add water every now and then to keep the level up. It probably would have been longer but I had to move and the tank was never the same after that. When a tank has the right kind of fish and is balanced properly it takes care of itself much like a river does. It takes a bit of planning to figure how many of each type of fish, bottom feeders, catfish, middle feeders, top feeders and those that will keep the sides of the tank clean. Then getting the points that Brother Tom mentioned.

It was comforting to watch them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 12, 2006, 10:42:56 AM »

The only problem I remember in taking care of them is some preventative measures in making sure they don't get a condition called "ich". I think that's spelled right. It was little white spots that formed on their skin, and they died shortly after getting it if you didn't put the right medicine in the water.
I was told to put pennies, or other substances containing copper, in the tank to help Ick. Or maybe that was another fish-disease...chronic gambling, maybe, I don't know...

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 12, 2006, 10:48:18 AM »

We only had one person bring a dog back. It was a small puppy that consistantly walked into walls and closed doors. It wasn't blind, either. It would also trip over a grain of sand and fall down. After going to several homes and being returned a little boy finally showed up that took him and kept him. The boy had MS and fell in love with the pup because he was just like him. The pup was perfectly house broken and stuck with the boy almost every where he went.

Cry Awww!  Kiss

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 12, 2006, 10:50:40 AM »

Tolorah, I am sorry to hear about your cat. My black cat died over a year ago, and I still think about him nearly every day. Some pets give more love than their people can repay.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the