Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:17:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Wife Swapping Show
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wife Swapping Show  (Read 12222 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« on: May 22, 2004, 06:08:00 AM »

"Just when you think television can't sink any lower, it does. ABC has plans this fall to air a new program called "Trading Moms," based on the program "Wife Swap" now showing in the United Kingdom. ABC had originally planned to call the program "The Swap," then decided to change the name–but not the content. It is a program in which men swap wives for 10 days.

Here is a review of the program from ZAP2IT, a web-based magazine. "The title, which conjures up visions of a 1970s swingers party, is racier than the concept: Two married women switch places with one another for 10 days, living with the other's family and taking on the other woman's household duties. At the end of 10 days, the families get together to discuss what they experienced."

The concept is that wives and mothers are property, to be traded like automobiles. If one is unhappy with their wife, or mom, they can swap with someone else to see if things go better with their new wife and new family.

For the sake of ratings (money), ABC is willing to desecrate the institution of marriage, parenthood and family. Click here to see the ZAP2IT article.http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/abc_show.html"

American Family Association
www.afa.net

Link for the petition against it:
http://www.afa.net/Petitions/TakeAction.asp?id=102

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 09:43:57 AM »

yes, i saw this earlier in the week--at WND?--can't 'member.  wives being treated as just chattel.   a reflection of the larger theme of bureaucratic control worldwide in the "big three"--governments, commerce, and religion--where we all are given the "impression" of individuality(that is, what could be more "liberating" than to be able to break loyalties, matrimony, promises, at one's whim?).   in fact, I've heard the claim that humans are the more liberated, or individualistic, than ever, these days, b/c of technology, etc.   When in fact the opposite is what's really happening.  What's that song from the late 70s, "...how can something that feels so right, be so wrong?"   Or the same old lesson from Pinocchio, a bangup time over at Pleasure Island while meanwhile hidden below the new jackasses are being loaded onto the slave ships(when then everybody wants to go home to their mama--their REAL mama--literally--the mama who really cares about them).

And the posters at the video rental are of as scantily clad folk as one can get w/o it being just the altogether.   Lips Sealed

It looks like we're all having ringside seats in this debacle, due to our media everywhere you go.  Unfortunately, human beings are so susceptible to it all.  Like willful, stubborn but completely defenseless sheep.

People are going to be so caught, so unawares.  Everyone thinks it's a holiday.

It's still hard to believe the likes of ABC is sponsoring this, though.   But in light of last summers Queer Eye.., maybe not.

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 12:18:22 PM »

How incredibly ignorant!! I dispise reality shows as it is & this show can be the poster child for why I do. I would like to think I have more intelligence then to find entertainment in this! Yeah, just what I want to do? Go to someone elses house with their husband, snotty kids & clean up after them for 10 days. I think Id have more fun slamming my hand in a car door.
:(ABC has gotten so pathetic I swear. I was glad however that the one reality show was cancelled before the 3rd episode could air. It was the one where the girl had to decide if the guys were gay or not and after its all said & done if she picked the guy who was straight, he & she would split a million dollars. PALEAASE!! I'm just pleased that not enough viewers were watching this filth. Ah, not to disappoint there are the other sick shows to watch & this wife swap being one of them.
Lets PRAY it doesn't go anywhere!!! Sad

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 01:04:12 AM »

Lets PRAY it doesn't go anywhere!!! Sad
That tell how wicked the world is becoming, add my prayers that this show, (I use the trem loosely) falls flat on its face.

Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 05:20:04 PM »

"SEE NO EVIL", or  "NOT Going There"

†† Guided by God ††
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 09:04:02 PM »

Hopefully no one will watch this show and it will fall flat on it's face.
Makes me glad I have TVLand and SkyAngel.

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Coyote

Aim High!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 03:50:29 PM »

My wife and I talked about the concept of that show the other night when we first heard about it. She is a reality show watcher, so her comments didn't suprise me much.

"Wow now that is reality TV. Just think of all the conflicts that will cause. I wonder if the will actually 'Swap' wives?"

I gave her the dumbest most retarded look I could muster up.  Roll Eyes"Woman are you stupid, or were you dropped on your head? I mean good gravy don't you see what TV has become? It is eroding away everything you and I stand for. It has no educational merit, unless your queer, and it holds very little moral fiber. You have played into the hands of the networks, and become a mindless larve that they feed nonsense to. Just go look in our bathroom, I see costly new beauty products that you never bought before, you are always talking about getting a new vehicle, your turning into a mindless consumer. So from now on I forbid you to even mention reality TV to me, cause it makes me feel stupid just hearing about it."

Needless to say as with any argument if the word stupid is mentioned, the debate before and after that word is forgotten. Now she is "stupid". I couldn't for the life of me explain to her that she was acting stupid, and not actually stupid. I guess in her mind there is no differance.

Oh well, life goes on. Another perfectly good rant wasted on deaf ears because I used stupid to grab attention.

I also found out on the next series of debate about similar topics "are you retarded" was just as ineffective.

I guess I need to dust off my debate books from my days of being on the HS debate team. I vaguely remember something about not making your aurgument too personal.

But if the shoe fits the foot.

I love my wife but, her TV habits stink. Could explain why I stay out in my garage. Wink

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 05:33:49 PM »

My wife and I talked about the concept of that show the other night when we first heard about it. She is a reality show watcher, so her comments didn't suprise me much.

"Wow now that is reality TV. Just think of all the conflicts that will cause. I wonder if the will actually 'Swap' wives?"

I gave her the dumbest most retarded look I could muster up.  Roll Eyes"Woman are you stupid, or were you dropped on your head? I mean good gravy don't you see what TV has become? It is eroding away everything you and I stand for. It has no educational merit, unless your queer, and it holds very little moral fiber. You have played into the hands of the networks, and become a mindless larve that they feed nonsense to. Just go look in our bathroom, I see costly new beauty products that you never bought before, you are always talking about getting a new vehicle, your turning into a mindless consumer. So from now on I forbid you to even mention reality TV to me, cause it makes me feel stupid just hearing about it."

Needless to say as with any argument if the word stupid is mentioned, the debate before and after that word is forgotten. Now she is "stupid". I couldn't for the life of me explain to her that she was acting stupid, and not actually stupid. I guess in her mind there is no differance.

Oh well, life goes on. Another perfectly good rant wasted on deaf ears because I used stupid to grab attention.

I also found out on the next series of debate about similar topics "are you retarded" was just as ineffective.

I guess I need to dust off my debate books from my days of being on the HS debate team. I vaguely remember something about not making your aurgument too personal.

But if the shoe fits the foot.

I love my wife but, her TV habits stink. Could explain why I stay out in my garage. Wink

I'm just not sure if I'm supposed to be laughing this hard!  Lips Sealed
I had to share this with my family! Lips Sealed

Jesusinme

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 10:21:23 AM »

AMEN!
SinkSF

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2004, 06:58:05 PM »

The concept is that wives and mothers are property, to be traded like automobiles. If one is unhappy with their wife, or mom, they can swap with someone else to see if things go better with their new wife and new family.

well, it's good to see at least something in the liberal media machine can recognize the inherent inferiority of women
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 09:45:07 PM »

Wife Swapping Show<~ VERY bad Idea!!! Not Christian at all...

His_Child, Grin

I 100% agree w/ you!  I don't have any of the channels that you're talking about though. I don't have cable at all, since I am severly disabled and awaiting my SSDI since July 22nd, 2003. I have been staying with a girlfriend at her one bedroom apartment until I do get my SSDI.  I have rabbit ears for my television and get a few channels that is all...   Undecided

Blessings Everyone!  \o/

KristiAnn

His_child

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2004, 09:51:41 PM »

Kristi Ann- we have DishNetwork and that is how we access SkyAngel.
Personally, I'd rather not have a tv at all, but the other members of the household do not feel that way.

Can't invent His deity.
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2004, 02:56:21 AM »

KristiAnn- we have DishNetwork and that is how we access SkyAngel.
Personally, I'd rather not have a tv at all, but the other members of the household do not feel that way.

Wow, must be nice!   Wink Grin  I  watch DVDs no commericals and I can stop it to go potty at anytime..... LOL

I suppose a really fast computer like mine works good as well, well (I know that's a deep subject) sometimes it is, ya know MS shhhhhh.

Blessings,   \o/

KristiAnn

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2004, 05:38:39 AM »

What is on SkyAngel that you like?

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
His_child

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2004, 10:50:46 PM »

What is on SkyAngel that you like?

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

Not much! Tongue
It's mostly the True Brats and Nuts who are talking about how I can be healed if I'll just, in faith of course, send them more money for their "ministry."   Undecided

There is some programming that is pretty good.
My daughter really gets into TVU and SPIRIT Video channels.

Can't invent His deity.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the